Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc (27569 Views)

Bellator 293 Live Stream MMA Full Fight Night 2023 / Top 10 Nigerians Fighters In Mixed Martial Art And Boxing World Title Shot 2019 / Mixed Martial Art 215 Shevchanko Vs Nunes Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 1:14am On Jul 12, 2020
Today na today. Hand must touch Street Judas Masvidal
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2020
Easy money for Usman. I don't know what the Masvidal fanboys were expecting.

I think Kamaru even showed him mercy as he kept the beating to a minimum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by isan(m): 12:38am On Jul 19, 2020
Adesanya vs Costa

September 19
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 1:00am On Jul 20, 2020
Let's go there. If Izzy survives the first two rounds it's likely he wins
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by isan(m): 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
Costa is all power and no brain Uriah hall dropped him with a jab Izzy make him miss and gas out then knocked him out
A40:
Let's go there. If Izzy survives the first two rounds it's likely he wins
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 12:34am On Aug 16, 2020
DC vs Stipe trilogy should be epic.

Also want to see Jairzinho and JDS. A lot of people are writing off JDS which is surprising to me because this man lost to two of the top 4 guys in the division but we saw same Rozenstruik didn't survive 20 seconds with Ngannou

1 Like

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Poor DC. Looked absolutely crushed. Nothing worse than going out with an L and worse knowing that you are runner up to the two GOATs of their respective divisions. I hope history is kinder to DC and remembers him more than just a bridesmaid. This man beat Rumble Johnson twice and beat Josh Barnett and Derrick Lewis as a criminally undersized heavy. Hope his eye heals too. Stipe got away with some egregious eyepokes

And now let's see if Stipe does the right thing and gives Ngannou a rematch. He's the only one worthy of the next shot at the belt. I don't care how convincing his first win was

1 Like

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
isan:
Costa is all power and no brain Uriah hall dropped him with a jab Izzy make him miss and gas out then knocked him out
Really hope so. The fight is set. UFC 253
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by isan(m): 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
Yeah september 26
A40:
Really hope so. The fight is set. UFC 253
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by eby001(m): 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2020
A40:
Poor DC. Looked absolutely crushed. Nothing worse than going out with an L and worse knowing that you are runner up to the two GOATs of their respective divisions. I hope history is kinder to DC and remembers him more than just a bridesmaid. This man beat Rumble Johnson twice and beat Josh Barnett and Derrick Lewis as a criminally undersized heavy. Hope his eye heals too. Stipe got away with some egregious eyepokes

And now let's see if Stipe does the right thing and gives Ngannou a rematch. He's the only one worthy of the next shot at the belt. I don't care how convincing his first win was
Then you'll have to wait for another year, the guy is holding up the division, 3 fights in 3 years.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
eby001:

Then you'll have to wait for another year, the guy is holding up the division, 3 fights in 3 years.
To be fair he was mostly hurt. This man has defended his belt 4 times. I'm inclined to give him benefit of doubt
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
Maybe Jon Jones has finally gotten the stones to rumble with the Heavies after all but good on Dana to insist that Ngannou is the rightful challenger. Would love to see Jones vs the Heavies I've always considered him pretty huge for a LH and looking at his brothers you almost wondered what took him so long
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by eby001(m): 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
A40:
To be fair he was mostly hurt. This man has defended his belt 4 times. I'm inclined to give him benefit of doubt
Everybody is hurt, is it Israel against gastelum, or Jones vs Reyes. If every champs behave like that, there will be hold up of the entire division, Francis is due for a title fight, lewis too, even blaydes, when are these one gonna got a chance again.
When someone had 3 chances in less 2 years, in person of Romero
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
eby001:

Everybody is hurt, is it Israel against gastelum, or Jones vs Reyes. If every champs behave like that, there will be hold up of the entire division, Francis is due for a title fight, lewis too, even blaydes, when are these one gonna got a chance again.
When someone had 3 chances in less 2 years, in person of Romero
Well then the neutral should be hoping for Ngannou to knock Stipe the fuq out so he retires or something. For now Stipe calls the shots for when he fights and to be fair he's earned it
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by isan(m): 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2020
Izzy vs Costa in 2 weeks
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 1:15am On Sep 21, 2020
Woodley needs to fuckin retire at this point. Disgraceful showing yesterday. I'm pretty sure Dana is going to cut him.

When will they stop feeding Khamzat these cans? Let's see him fight someone credible next
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 27, 2020
Eazy..

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 2:02am On Sep 28, 2020
isan:
I think the way he fought Romero compared to how Izzy fought Romero really fooled a lot of people.

I always felt if he survived the first two rounds he was good to go but alas Costa's fight IQ is arguably the lowest of a challenger I have ever seen. Izzy exposed him so badly it was comical. Dude transformed to a clown in the Octagon

Literally doggystyled him at the end grin grin he might need to see a sports psychologist because this will take some recovering
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by eby001(m): 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
A40:
I think the way he fought Romero compared to how Izzy fought Romero really fooled a lot of people.

I always felt if he survived the first two rounds he was good to go but alas Costa's fight IQ is arguably the lowest of a challenger I have ever seen. Izzy exposed him so badly it was comical. Dude transformed to a clown in the Octagon

Literally doggystyled him at the end grin grin he might need to see a sports psychologist because this will take some recovering
Okafor law: once tongue, it cannot be un tongue
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by wman(m): 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2021
So, we have an MMA thread on Nairaland?

Awesome.

Meanwhile, the first UFC event of 2021 will hold tonight.

That's after a 3-week break.

We're back in Abu Dhabi.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_ABC:_Holloway_vs._Kattar

Prelims are on.

Main Card starts by 9 PM.

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2021
First Major UFC event this year.

McGregor vs Poirier I'm particularly intrigued by the fact that a lot of people have Poirier as such a huge underdog. I struggle to believe Conor who has fought just twice in the Octagon in almost 4 years is such a huge favorite

Kamaru vs Burns finally happening February, Adesanya vs Blachowicz in March

And for me the biggest match Stipe vs Ngannou 2

1 Like

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2021
The Conor McGregor hype train derailed again. If this guy is not the most over hyped and overrated fighter in combat history I don't know who is

1 Like

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by wman(m): 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
A40:
The Conor McGregor hype train derailed again. If this guy is not the most over hyped and overrated fighter in combat history I don't know who is

I swear!

The guy has that media charisma and trash talking. He's not as good as before.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by isan(m): 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2021
He is not overrated he is actually a good fighter but right i don't think he cares anymore
A40:
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 1:10am On Jan 25, 2021
isan:
He is not overrated he is actually a good fighter but right i don't think he cares anymore
He is overrated. For a fighter with such huge and visible flaws in his game he's been rated rather highly. You can be a good fighter and still be overrated.

This is a guy who has been double champ quite alright but never defended either belt, he's now been finished in 3 of his last 6 fights, the ones he won was a decision and another against a notorious (no pun intended) can and gatekeeper in Cowboy Cerrone

He should just stick to his freak show fights moving forward, get good money to get beaten to a pulp by Pacman. His days of being among the elite are done
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 1:12am On Jan 25, 2021
wman:

I swear!

The guy has that media charisma and trash talking. He's not as good as before.
I don't even blame him. Money will do that to you man. But I've always considered him a tad overrated. He has KO power but no cardio and no grappling defense or toughness.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by isan(m): 9:29am On Jan 25, 2021
I think he's done now in the ufc conor and Ferguson are on the way down I think conor will only do super fight from here on there's Diaz and Dustin trilogy waiting for him and it will be a big pay day
A40:
He is overrated. For a fighter with such huge and visible flaws in his game he's been rated rather highly. You can be a good fighter and still be overrated.

This is a guy who has been double champ quite alright but never defended either belt, he's now been finished in 3 of his last 6 fights, the ones he won was a decision and another against a notorious (no pun intended) can and gatekeeper in Cowboy Cerrone

He should just stick to his freak show fights moving forward, get good money to get beaten to a pulp by Pacman. His days of being among the elite are done
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by iPopAlomo(m): 4:13am On Mar 07, 2021
Them dey fight today ooo...
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by eby001(m): 4:27am On Mar 07, 2021
iPopAlomo:
Them dey fight today ooo...
Link pls
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by RICHSATAN: 4:33am On Mar 07, 2021
who has the link. the fight is soon
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by RICHSATAN: 4:37am On Mar 07, 2021
trash talking is part of the game. it is called mind fucking. if you are not a combat sports person just stfu. first u win the fight in the head before winning it in the ring. u think he will go this fa without trash talk? he has to piss u off so u come at him aggressively. isreal is not ovverated. the guy is good. i am not saying this because he is nigerian. i am saying this as a neutral martial artst

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Chelsea Contact Tuchel Over Coaching Job / Cheat On How To Win In Bet9ja Virtual Game 2017 / Nigerian Premier League Clubs And Their Coaches For The New Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.