Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Amaechi To Igbos: “vote For 2nd Term”! Yeh Or Nah? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi To Igbos: “vote For 2nd Term”! Yeh Or Nah? (366 Views)

Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China / Gbemi Saraki To Oversee Maritime Sector, Amaechi To Oversee Railway Sector / Ministerial Screening: Lawan Asks Amaechi To “Take A Bow” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi To Igbos: “vote For 2nd Term”! Yeh Or Nah? by luellapoll: 4:36pm On Mar 26, 2018
Its a very bad trend that our desperate, myopic partisan politicians converts every occasion that they are privileged to address the audience to a political campaign. They do this in religious, social, academic gatherings and the worst is at burial ceremonies. These politicians politicize everything, moment, every situation good or bad and I find it very sickening.
On 19th March, Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi took advantage of Convocation Ceremony of Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka during which he was conferred an Honorary Doctorate Degree. He converted the convocation lecture to `APC manifesto`. In his statement, he said you (Igbo) did not vote for Buhari, true or false? You voted for PDP and what did they do for you. He went to say that Igbo should go for confession, seek forgiveness and move into a national party, and look for a way to fight from inside. He asked that Igbos vote Buhari for a second term in 2019, so that they may rule the country after he is gone. I consider this statement as an insult to the Igbos.
Permit me to use this quotation from the Scriptures, ‘from the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. This shows you where our problem of disunity, marginalization, tribalism, nepotism and so on comes from. It’s orchestrated by our myopic politicians. In summary, he implied that Igbos should vote for APC in 2019 despite their abysmal performances otherwise may not be given opportunity to rule.
No way! Nigerians need a credible and competent candidate. I advise Igbos and other Nigerians not to be cowed by any politician.
For the incumbents that are seeking for second term, they should let their works speak for them irrespective of their political parties. We must rise up against these partisan politicians to save our beloved Nation.

See more here http://luellapoll.com/amaechi-to-igbos-vote-for-2nd-term-yeh-or-nah/

(1) (Reply)

Why I Was Very Direct In Criticizing Nigerian Gov't- Bill Gates / Confusion In Apc, A Reflection Of Chaos In Governance / Consequences Of Being Educated But Politically Illiterate: Dilemma?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.