Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor (27617 Views)

Second-Degree Burn Survivor Shares Before And After Photos / Burn Survivor Bares Her Tummy As She Proudly Displays Her Scars (photos) / Burn Survivor Who Was Told She Could Never Have Children Is Now A Mother Of 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by Orpe7(m): 5:39am On Mar 27, 2018
Are you a business owner, registered (CAC and Tin Number)
And you are looking for an avenue to ship your products over seas at lower rates, contact: 07084516411
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by jaytime(m): 5:51am On Mar 27, 2018
Na wa o. Fire don spoil this fine girl ministry.
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by Smooyis(m): 6:06am On Mar 27, 2018
God is wonderful grin
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by omooba969(m): 6:25am On Mar 27, 2018
Two different persons.

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by omooba969(m): 6:28am On Mar 27, 2018
martinlooter:
I just have a little problem with the both pictures. Why am I not seeing the huge scar on her neck in the make up pictures, on the neck in the first image. Somebody help me, cos I am confused.
And both persons are of different weight and size.
I feel these are two different persons.

You spotted the difference. smiley

They are two different persons...Sharp guy. cool

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by webincomeplus(m): 6:29am On Mar 27, 2018
martinlooter:
I just have a little problem with the both pictures. Why am I not seeing the huge scar on her neck in the make up pictures, on the neck in the first image. Somebody help me, cos I am confused.
They are not different persons. The first picture was obviously taken when she just had the burn accident. The second picture was taken much later.

The extensive scars on her neck are called hypertrophic scars, and they are a late complication of burn wounds. That is, they develop later after the wounds have healed up. So, you won't see them when the wounds are still fresh.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by omooba969(m): 6:30am On Mar 27, 2018
quadraheem:
Not the same person, check her neck.

Sharp guy. grin
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by omooba969(m): 6:50am On Mar 27, 2018
webincomeplus:

They are not different persons. The first picture was obviously taken when she just had the burn accident. The second picture was taken much later.

The extensive scars on her neck are called hypertrophic scars, and they are a late complication of burn wounds. That is, they develop later after the wounds have healed up. So, you won't see them when the wounds are still fresh.

You tried with your argument, quite persuasive but the two pictures don't seem to portray the same facial frame. The first pic appears to be more oval in shape than the slightly long(model-like)shape of the 2nd pic. One can argue that the first pic is that of a swollen face, that is, the immediate aftermath of the accident but it doesn't negate the evidence staring us in the face.

The length of both necks differ IMO even as the angle from which I see the first pic doesn't do justice to my argument. The lumpy scar on the neck of 2nd pic is another note of concern. It could develop at any stage of recovery but there's no sign of it on the first pic. Maybe another copy of the first pic would help my argument coz we have two different copies of the 2nd pic but not in the case of the first.

Well, let me rest here. cool
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by daragoldy(f): 6:52am On Mar 27, 2018
martinlooter:

nice observation.
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by Figolouis: 7:27am On Mar 27, 2018
No comment[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by webincomeplus(m): 7:40am On Mar 27, 2018
omooba969:

You tried with your argument, quite persuasive but the two pictures don't seem to portray the same facial frame. The first pic appears to be more oval in shape than the slightly long(model-like)shape of the 2nd pic. One can argue that the first pic is that of a swollen face, that is, the immediate aftermath of the accident but it doesn't negate the evidence staring us in the face.

The length of both necks differ IMO even as the angle from which I see the first pic doesn't do justice to my argument. The lumpy scar on the neck of 2nd pic is another note of concern. It could develop at any stage of recovery but there's no sign of it on the first pic. Maybe another copy of the first pic would help my argument coz we have two different copies of the 2nd pic but not in the case of the first.

Well, let me rest here. cool
When a face or any other part of the body burns, it swells. In medical parlance, it's called inflammation. That's why her face looks more rounded in the first picture.

After treatment, the inflammed tissues become normal. I know because I've seen many similar cases here in LUTH.

As for the lumpy scar, there's no sign of it in the first pic because the pic was taken immediately after the incident. And as you can see, there were fresh burn scars on the neck as well.

Why did you ignore the shape of the nose and the facial outline? I guess it's because you're trying hard to disbelieve the transformation. If you see before and after pics of some burn patients, you'll be shocked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by amakadihot87(f): 7:44am On Mar 27, 2018
Nne indeed you have overcome the trial
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by Floryangel8: 7:46am On Mar 27, 2018
omooba969:
Two different persons.
My thought too. Make is confusing
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by Floryangel8: 7:50am On Mar 27, 2018
omooba969:
Two different persons.
My thought too. Make up is confusing
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by omooba969(m): 9:09am On Mar 27, 2018
webincomeplus:

When a face or any other part of the body burns, it swells. In medical parlance, it's called inflammation. That's why her face looks more rounded in the first picture.

After treatment, the inflammed tissues become normal. I know because I've seen many similar cases here in LUTH.

As for the lumpy scar, there's no sign of it in the first pic because the pic was taken immediately after the incident. And as you can see, there were fresh burn scars on the neck as well.

Why did you ignore the shape of the nose and the facial outline? I guess it's because you're trying hard to disbelieve the transformation. If you see before and after pics of some burn patients, you'll be shocked.

While you're still trying to be persuasive, I put it to you that the pictures up there are of two different persons.

You have ignored the points I outlined i.e length of neck, facial frame & your argument about the presence of lumpy scar on the neck of 2nd pic isn't compelling coz you have admitted that there's no sign of it in the first pic. The scar on the neck is too big to ignore in this discourse.grin

To mention that the first pic was taken immediately after the incident would be untrue coz the immediate action after a fire incident would be immediate first aid/treatment & not taking pictures. What you see in the first pic depicts the record of progress after a course of treatment. Those fresh looking wounds are results of response to treatment & mind you, the outlook is the result of damage to the skin pigments.

About the nose, different people can have almost the same features.

Guy, give me a more compelling argument, prove your position beyond reasonable doubt. cool
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by sulasa07(m): 12:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
No fool us,dem be different person

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by debspauly(f): 12:25pm On Mar 27, 2018
kai
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by DesireBenjamin: 12:40pm On Mar 27, 2018
omooba969:

While you're still trying to be persuasive, I put it to you that the pictures up there are of two different persons.

You have ignored the points I outlined i.e length of neck, facial frame & your argument about the presence of lumpy scar on the neck of 2nd pic isn't compelling coz you have admitted that there's no sign of it in the first pic. The scar on the neck is too big to ignore in this discourse.grin

To mention that the first pic was taken immediately after the incident would be untrue coz the immediate action after a fire incident would be immediate first aid/treatment & not taking pictures. What you see in the first pic depicts the record of progress after a course of treatment. Those fresh looking wounds are results of response to treatment & mind you, the outlook is the result of damage to the skin pigments.

Guy, give me a more compelling argument, prove your position beyond reasonable doubt. cool

Stop the argument already.
I'm the one up there. The first picture was taken immediately after the fire which was last 2years, the other one is how i look presently with developed hypertrophic scars.

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by DesireBenjamin: 12:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
webincomeplus:

This is very true. Im the one up there and my transformation still is a surprise to people. The scars developed when i started healing, it couldnt be controlled cos of the area of development being the neck.
Thank God for me smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by omooba969(m): 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2018
DesireBenjamin:

Stop the argument already.
I'm the one up there. The first picture was taken immediately after the fire which was last 2years, the other one is how i look presently with developed hypertrophic scars.

Good job. grin

Clap for yasef. cool
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by DesireBenjamin: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2018
omooba969:

Good job. grin

Clap for yasef. cool

undecided

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by webincomeplus(m): 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2018
DesireBenjamin:

This is very true. Im the one up there and my transformation still is a surprise to people. The scars developed when i started healing, it couldnt be controlled cos of the area of development being the neck.
Thank God for me smiley
I'm glad you're here to clear the air. Some "conspiracy theorists" have been forming detectives and observers since.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by webincomeplus(m): 2:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
omooba969:

Now that the lady herself has spoken, I hope you can now sit down in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by omooba969(m): 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
webincomeplus:

Now that the lady herself has spoken, I hope you can now sit down in peace.

I thought I was engaged in an intellectual discourse, no hard feelings. cool
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by omooba969(m): 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2018
DesireBenjamin:

undecided

No hard feelings, you have only made me dig deeper.

Is this you?

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by webincomeplus(m): 2:58pm On Mar 27, 2018
omooba969:

I thought I was engaged in an intellectual discourse, no hard feelings. cool
Being a medic, I've seen even more surprising transformations. Fire incidents and cancers can magically change people's appearances beyond doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by DesireBenjamin: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
omooba969:

No hard feelings, you have only made me dig deeper.

Is this you?

Yes dearie that's me.

And the picture attached is also me preparing for the street shots you saw initially.

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by DesireBenjamin: 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
webincomeplus:

Being a medic, I've seen even more surprising transformations. Fire incidents and cancers can magically change people's appearances beyond doubt.

Very True!

I was swollen and really dark, it made people doubt it's the same Desire they knew.
It's 2 years now, transformation is expected.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by omooba969(m): 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2018
DesireBenjamin:

Yes dearie that's me.

And the picture attached is also me preparing for the street shots you saw initially.

Incredible!!!

Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by EzeDiEgo1: 11:58pm On May 24, 2018
debspauly:
kai
how far dear

Can I mail you
Re: Check Out This Before And After Makeup Transformation Of A Burn Survivor by jbblues24(m): 1:41am On Jun 02, 2019
Nice use of lavender in this colours =) grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okonjo Iweala: Nigeria Might Get COVID-19 Vaccines From January 2021 / I Experience Pain When Urinating / 100 Mental Patients Escape From Kenyan Hospital (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.