Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 (29884 Views)

Things Every Lady Should Know Before 30 / Things Every Guy Should Know Before 30 / 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
grin

I don't mind my man has medical history when he clocks 40 as long he is stable financially & having a life insurance not less than 300k USD wink

We're good baby... grin

and you what if you are not OK stable financially? undecided
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by NairaMaster1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nutase:

Daewoorazer kindly define the word siblings in the context of your write up.

Nigerians like using words which they do not know the meaning just to show how educated they are.

I wonder much oooo
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by achiever12: 12:45pm On Mar 27, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
grin

I don't mind my man has medical history when he clocks 40 as long he is stable financially & having a life insurance not less than 300k USD wink

We're good baby... grin

This is shameful.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by Binchim(m): 1:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nutase:

Daewoorazer kindly define the word siblings in the context of your write up.

Nigerians like using words which they do not know the meaning just to show how educated they are.

Please o the profs in the house, the number 4 point reads " be close to your kids" were u see siblings for there, abi na for my screen alone

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by stevecantrell: 1:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
grin

We're good baby... grin

They dont call u succubus for nuthin.... undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by ozinetbiz: 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
well,that is author's formula.For me and my family ours is 20 yrs.
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by highbee02: 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2018
daewoorazer:
Few days ago, I stressed out some important 7 things every man must know before he clocks 30. Wouldn't it be selfish to end it there?

The link is below should you have missed it.

https://www.nairaland.com/4416982/7-things-every-man-must

This article points out every thing men need to know before becoming a quadragenarian.

1. It is the Beginning of the rest of your life.

According to the latest WHO data published in 2015, life expectancy in Nigeria is: Male 53.4.

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/nigeria-life-expectancy

It’s safe to say it’s the start of the remaining half. By this time you should draw a map of how you want your retirement to be.

2. Have a business alongside job:

It doesn’t matter if you work as the CEO of Chevron Nig., your business is your physical, financial and intellectual property. You’d retire from government/public job someday but your business is your legacy. One you can fix your children into her board of directors when old age sets in. Learn from Baba Davido.

3. Write your will:

Yes, your will. I’m not wishing you dead neither am I wishing you bad. It doesn’t matter if your life savings is 1 naira, get yourself a good and affordable lawyer and pen it down.

4. Be close to your kids:

At this age, your kids are probably under 10. The love you show them at this age range goes a long way. If you ain’t close to them at this age, it doesn’t matter if you pamper/babysit them for the rest of their lives, they might hate you.

5. Retire from youthful exuberance:

you should be a father by now. If you still sag your pants at this age, or probably still keep 2-5 girlfriends, I’m afraid........

6. Join a social club:

I don’t mean clubs like quilox nor places to drink yourself to stupor. There are clubs where responsible adults meet to play golf, swim and socialize. This gathering is a form of security for you and your wards. Good clubs as such protect their members when sacked from work, solve problems for their members and extend these services to their wards after the demise of their members. Such a good club have members representing all professions in Life; you’d find doctors, military officials, lecturers, motor dealers, engineers etc. It should be a club you can always call on a member colonel to put your son who is passionate about military through. It should also be a club you can easily get a member SAN/lawyer to help you do your legal sturvz. NEVER a place to practice occult activities.
If you still don’t get the picture by now, I’m afraid...

7. Know your medical menace:

At this age you should have an idea if you are tending towards diabetes or obesity. Your knowledge of this will keep you abreast of possible old age menace. Don’t wait until you start seeing ants waiting with straws to gulp down your urine before you realize you have a family history of diabetes. It’d be too late sir!

Once again, It is the beginning of the rest of your life, it is your call, even though you are a billionaire, to live it like RMD or a vegetable. The ball is in your court.

Add yours!
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by OMEGA009(m): 1:21pm On Mar 27, 2018
9) Try to get your own house: If you are a tenant or still living with your parents, it’s high time you started looking at owning your own home. Be it via mortgage or “pay small small”.
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by Yelutide: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2018
OP! Are you upto 40years old?

daewoorazer:
Few days ago, I stressed out some important 7 things every man must know before he clocks 30. Wouldn't it be selfish to end it there?

The link is below should you have missed it.

https://www.nairaland.com/4416982/7-things-every-man-must

This article points out every thing men need to know before becoming a quadragenarian.

1. It is the Beginning of the rest of your life.

According to the latest WHO data published in 2015, life expectancy in Nigeria is: Male 53.4.

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/nigeria-life-expectancy

It’s safe to say it’s the start of the remaining half. By this time you should draw a map of how you want your retirement to be.

2. Have a business alongside job:

It doesn’t matter if you work as the CEO of Chevron Nig., your business is your physical, financial and intellectual property. You’d retire from government/public job someday but your business is your legacy. One you can fix your children into her board of directors when old age sets in. Learn from Baba Davido.

3. Write your will:

Yes, your will. I’m not wishing you dead neither am I wishing you bad. It doesn’t matter if your life savings is 1 naira, get yourself a good and affordable lawyer and pen it down.

4. Be close to your kids:

At this age, your kids are probably under 10. The love you show them at this age range goes a long way. If you ain’t close to them at this age, it doesn’t matter if you pamper/babysit them for the rest of their lives, they might hate you.

5. Retire from youthful exuberance:

you should be a father by now. If you still sag your pants at this age, or probably still keep 2-5 girlfriends, I’m afraid........

6. Join a social club:

I don’t mean clubs like quilox nor places to drink yourself to stupor. There are clubs where responsible adults meet to play golf, swim and socialize. This gathering is a form of security for you and your wards. Good clubs as such protect their members when sacked from work, solve problems for their members and extend these services to their wards after the demise of their members. Such a good club have members representing all professions in Life; you’d find doctors, military officials, lecturers, motor dealers, engineers etc. It should be a club you can always call on a member colonel to put your son who is passionate about military through. It should also be a club you can easily get a member SAN/lawyer to help you do your legal sturvz. NEVER a place to practice occult activities.
If you still don’t get the picture by now, I’m afraid...

7. Know your medical menace:

At this age you should have an idea if you are tending towards diabetes or obesity. Your knowledge of this will keep you abreast of possible old age menace. Don’t wait until you start seeing ants waiting with straws to gulp down your urine before you realize you have a family history of diabetes. It’d be too late sir!

Once again, It is the beginning of the rest of your life, it is your call, even though you are a billionaire, to live it like RMD or a vegetable. The ball is in your court.

Add yours!
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by Rozaytee: 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
grin

We're good baby... grin
so dat he will die fast and u will inherit owo..gold digging hag

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by Akalia(m): 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2018
Does anyone know of any responsible social club that a man can identify with in Nigeria? I think that's one unaddressed necessity in my life for a while now.
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by Enmas078(m): 2:16pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nutase:
this is not atypo. Admit it when you are wrong. A typo is a spelling error but this is a misuse of a word.

Village pple at work... When the op`s finally gets to fp and village pple don start dey wax muscle..... And the op also no wan admit him fault.... Lol....
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by yeman1(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2018
Í disagree with you bro!
It's very difficult in Nigeria to achieve all these things mentioned above. It ain't easy.
Even many 40 yrs are still looking for job , some are just managing with a just a token they r earning. It's not easy.
I pray God should intervene in this nation asap
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by maasoap(m): 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2018
magiki:
"Be close to your kids" what if you have none

My dear, life don't have formula, live it (life) the way it pleases u
1. If you don't have kids, there are still 6 reasons left.
2. Life does have a formula, just find the one that works for you. If you you live your life the way it pleases you, old age will ask for accountability.
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by jaychubi: 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
A fool at forty is a fool forever grin grin
At 40
1. You must be living in ur own well furnished apartment
2. You must have been married at least with 2 or 3 kids n a complete family man
3. You must be responsible and stop chasing girls arnd
4. U must have your own car
5. U must have a career or a business of ur own
6. You must be d one sending money to ur parents n never d opposite.

This is d minimum expected from a 40 yr old man or woman. If u no meet this minimum then consider urself a fool angry
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 by Dwhyte(m): 5:04pm On Mar 27, 2018
C d way them draw 2 face for dt pinchure grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mysterious People You Have Met In Life. / The Crocodile My Friends And I Killed At Enugu River Side / Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.