Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner (11261 Views)

6 Bitter Truths No One Ever Told You About Being A Small Business Owner / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Now Going Into Online Businesses / The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by magazineguy(m): 10:54am On Mar 27, 2018
Aside other fulfillment that come with running a business, a business owner is highly skilled and knowledgeable people with vast experience.

Entrepreneurship gives you the opportunity to impart in yourself and others resulting in higher impact compared to working for others. Though we have more neighbours leaving for work in the morning than successful business men/women going out to run their businesses, this has resulted in few or absence of role models in neighbourhoods around the country to serve as source of inspiration to others. Although Nigerians have a few people around them to look up to for inspiration that will ignite their business drive but on a general note, Aliko Dangote’s business pedigree is enough inspiration for anyone interested in entrepreneurship as he has recorded great success locally and internationally with a high business network.

Here are a few reasons you should consider setting up your own business soon:

Building a dream – Most successful entrepreneurs around the world are living their dreams, their present situations were mostly mere visions in the past. Your business can become a big empire if more effort is channeled into building it.

Making an impact – Entrepreneurs are change makers and a great number of these people are providing solutions to problems around them.

Recognition -When your business becomes successful, you will be recognized as a change-maker or someone of value who went all out to be different.

Posterity – A business can be managed for a longer period of time with the right skills. You can also pass down your business to the next generation.

Income – Entrepreneurs can decide how much income they want to generate by being innovative, creative, smart, hardworking and determined. If you dream of living in big mansion, visiting exotic places and networking with successful people, setting up a business and growing it will help you realize those dreams.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/5-reasons-consider-owning-business-owner/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by Ejiogbe(m): 11:47am On Mar 27, 2018
Personal Growth And Development - Successful business owners also witness tremendous personal advancement in all ramifications. They learn and imbibe lots of values while meandering through the dark waters of entrepreneurship. Most times, these entrepreneurs come out as champions in the end.

Improving Their Environment : Their social and economic environments become a lot better because of their activities.Their deeds are not easily forgotten. Who says entrepreneurship is not a better option ? And who else is afraid of becoming an entrepreneur?

www.entrepreneurialjunction..com

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by Jh0wsef(m): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2018
Not being used as a fvcktoy.

Females can relate.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by Austindark(m): 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2018
Well not everyone can/should be a boss. Some will have to be workers. This makes the society complete.
For example a certain Nigerian president is not a true leader even when he grew with the "born to rule mentality".

Nice write up though

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by Pojomojo: 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2018
This is the worst Admin ever on earth & in Hell. You failed 180Million people having made so much utopian promises only to start yet another propaganda in the eve of an election year? These folks are hopeless, hapless & sordidly Unfortunate. This is coming from an alleged Pastor
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by Benjom(m): 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nothing as good as being your own boss.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by elhbb: 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nice writeup
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by Goodnuel: 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2018
I follow smiley

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by mayorjosh(m): 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2018
After all said, where's the money to start? sad

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by Britishcoins(m): 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
Business is made for Igbos, give me 500k and I will make it 5 million in the next two years

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by femijay8271(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2018
good one
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by Scholarsticchai: 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2018
All requires money

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by Goodnuel: 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
Britishcoins:
Business is made for Igbos, give me 500k and I will make it 5 million in the next two years
Borrow then
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by theysg: 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
Can i drop out of University to fully focus on Business?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by FrankTalk1: 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nigeria needs more businesses so as to create more jobs and reduce crimes.

Here are some business ideas for intending business owners:

http://myafribusiness.com/over-200-unique-business-ideas-for-everyone/

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by FrankTalk1: 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
theysg:
Can i drop out of University to fully focus on Business?

No you don't need to drop out of school.

When I was in the University years back, I did several businesses part- time and still graduated in flying colours.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by theysg: 5:04pm On Mar 27, 2018
FrankTalk1:

No you don't need to drop out of school.

When I was in the University years back, I did several businesses part- time and still graduated in flying colours.

What if I'm studying the wrong course,
I have poor grades and I have a good startup idea?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by justmenoni: 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
Freedom

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by NSK4U(m): 5:44pm On Mar 27, 2018
start up capital is the main problem in this country, I have faith anyway thanks @op
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by ibrhyme77(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nothing beats being independent.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by MrCoker: 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2018
theysg:

I did business while I was in the university. I had poor grades etc, but I'm happy now
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by sekem: 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
So true

Unfortunately, ours is a job loving society

As a result, entrepreneurship can go an' die

But all hope is not lost

We will surely fire up the Nigerian entrepreneurship goals no matter what!

It is a promise
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by Haddock(m): 2:26am On Mar 28, 2018
sekem:
So true

Unfortunately, ours is a job loving society

As a result, entrepreneurship can go an' die

But all hope is not lost

We will surely fire up the Nigerian entrepreneurship goals no matter what!

It is a promise

Job loving society!

So job loving to the point of thinking to create a job without a duty, need or a responsibility (Peace Corps comes to mind).

A huge percentage of youths are not adding value to the economy even in the slightest bit and then turn around to blame others for their own woes. Some even heap insults on Nigeria when, in fact, they are the failed individuals that populate the land.

Entrepreneurship holds the key to individual emancipation and by extension, national glory.

Entrepreneurs are emperors and empresses who create their own empires within the environment they find themselves!

My respect to all who own a business in Nigeria! E no easy!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by FrankTalk1: 5:51am On Mar 28, 2018
theysg:

I don't think there is anything like a wrong course. If you don't like the course your are doing and you have not passed year 2, you might try to get into another course.

Better still, you can just graduate in your current course and do your post graduate degree in your choice course.

But anyway, don't abandon your school because of business.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by FrankTalk1: 5:53am On Mar 28, 2018
NSK4U:
start up capital is the main problem in this country,
I have faith anyway
thanks @op

It's a problem that has a solution. See the solution here : http://myafribusiness.com/how-to-raise-start-up-capital-for-your-business/
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by anitasoll(f): 6:01am On Mar 28, 2018
Good article. If I may add, a lot of people would want to set up their own business but the problem is capital. Will it be possible to start a business without this? POSSIBLE! There are a lot of opportunities available online. Something that you can start right away if you are willing and hard working. If anyone is interested about this business idea, you can visit my instagram page (anitasolonline). You'll see what I am talking about there.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by NSK4U(m): 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
FrankTalk1:

It's a problem that has a solution. See the solution here : http://myafribusiness.com/how-to-raise-start-up-capital-for-your-business/

thanks man
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by NSK4U(m): 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
anitasoll:
Good article. If I may add, a lot of people would want to set up their own business but the problem is capital. Will it be possible to start a business without this? POSSIBLE! There are a lot of opportunities available online. Something that you can start right away if you are willing and hard working. If anyone is interested about this business idea, you can visit my instagram page (anitasolonline). You'll see what I am talking about there.

thanks but what of those who aren't on Instagram?
any other site??
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by Femoje(m): 9:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
Bakery Consultant / Baking Bread Consultancy support.If you are interested in setting up a bakery and you want to know more about the business and how to maximize profit..
we do general bakery consult, Production Cost analysis, Production cost reduction and recipes.
Quality assured consultancy support for baking bread industry.
Complete one-stop solution For Bakery Consultants Services who need to set-up a BREAD Bakery
Assist client to develop new products
Giving advice and solution to clients who have problems in BREAD Bakery.
Supply or recommend suitable machinery and equipment to clients who need either small or big scale production.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Should Become A Business Owner by anitasoll(f): 7:11am On Mar 29, 2018
NSK4U:

thanks but what of those who aren't on Instagram?
any other site??

I also have a website (http://mybusinessonlinenow.com/) Facebook Page (Anita Solomon Online) and youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpUANuzcqgXu4WxArQFL8Dw). All the materials are here smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG / Carton Business: Start With Little Or No Capital And Earn 5k Daily. See Pictures / CBN Assures Nigerians, Investors of Exchange Rate Stability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.