Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! (1764 Views)

I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by ameri9ja: 12:59am On Mar 28, 2018
See an atheist church! See? Atheists crave church!!!
I always said there is a component to hope and faith that can only be supplied by a belief in God and that makes it easier for goals and dreams to come true!

Lalasticlala
Seun

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by colossus91(m): 5:14am On Mar 28, 2018
hmmmmm
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 28, 2018
Atheism is like religion.
Their creed is there is no god.
They claim they are persecuted
They believe in blind faith, they do not question atheism.
And now they are holding service in a church like temple.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Primesky(m): 10:44am On Mar 28, 2018
There's a deep hunger for God in every heart of man, and only God can feel it. The devil just keep deceiving man, telling him all sorts of lies.

The man who says there is no God is like a man that chooses to walk in the dark with his eyes closed. Disaster, shame and regrets such a man would have a plenty!

Jesus Christ is the way.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Emmanystone: 11:06am On Mar 28, 2018
ameri9ja:
See an atheist church! See, atheists crave church!!!
I always said there is a component to hope and faith that can only be supplied by a belief in God and that makes it easier for goals and dreams to come true!

Lalasticlala
Seun
Is that guy there with the beard their Jesus? HahahahHahahaaha. Laf ooiooo.
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by ameri9ja: 12:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
Primesky:
There's a deep hunger for God in every heart of man, and only God can feel it. The devil just keep deceiving man, telling him all sorts of lies.

The man who says there is no God is like a man that chooses to walk in the dark with his eyes closed. Disaster, shame and regrets such a man would have a plenty!

Jesus Christ is the way.

I don't know how atheists explain the phenomenon of Lord Jesus to themselves. Here is a Person that was foretold for thousands of years, and when He came he made it clear that He was the one foretold and that his words would be around for thousands of years. Here we are, thousands of years later and His words are still around - EXACTLY AS HE SAID!!

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by ameri9ja: 12:18pm On Mar 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

Lol. He is a Jesus impersonator. Go figure, an atheist whose job is Jesus impersonation! He is the founder of the church.
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by ameri9ja: 12:19pm On Mar 28, 2018
solite3:

Oh, no doubt. They would tell u there is no supernatural element to any religion, which leads them to the belief that there is no supernatural - despite all the glaring evidence to the contrary.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Emmanystone: 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
ameri9ja:

Lol. He is a Jesus impersonator. Go figure, an atheist whose job is Jesus impersonation! He is the founder of the church.
I read about him sometime ago. He granted an interview. Whan asked what motivated him to start an atheist church on Sunday, he said his mother was a devoted Christian who had Cancer and died. He couldn't deal with how a loving father could watch his beloved daughter die of Cancer, so he rejected God and became an atheist.

And, that, he opened the center to give the atheists a sense of unit, togetherness just like the Christian assembly.

A unit to fellowship with each other and share their fears and hopes (if they have any). I just laughed.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by jiggaz(m): 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

I read about him sometime ago. He granted an interview. Whan asked what motivated him to start an atheist church on Sunday, he said his mother was a devoted Christian who had Cancer and died. He couldn't deal with how a loving father could watch his beloved daughter die of Cancer, so he rejected God and became an atheist.

And, that, he opened the center to give the atheists a sense of unit, togetherness just like the Christian assembly.

A unit to fellowship with each other and share their fears and hopes (if they have any). I just laughed.
Hello dear.. Good afternoon.. Plz are you the same person as this handle --->>> analice?? Sorry to bother you.
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Emmanystone: 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2018
jiggaz:
Hello dear.. Good afternoon.. Plz are you the same person as this handle --->>> analice?? Sorry to bother you.
Yes bros. I don't know why i can't log on with that handle again. So this is me now.

It is your New Dawn Era.
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by jiggaz(m): 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

Yes bros. I don't know why i can't log on with that handle again. So this is me now.

It is your New Dawn Era.
And so is yours.... Alright no wahala.. cheesy
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by ameri9ja: 1:58pm On Mar 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

Really? I knew a guy who said he became an atheist because, as a child, his father died durring the Biafran war.
Hopefullandlord, sonoflucifer, seun, and other atheists, you folks should think of copying this church - before you know it you'd be like any other mega church. Lol.
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by ShadowFighter: 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
Lmao...
Atheist church indeed.
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Emmanystone: 5:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
ameri9ja:

Really? I knew a guy who said he became an atheist because, as a child, his father died durring the Biafran war.
Hopefullandlord, sonoflucifer, seun, and other atheists, you folks should think of copying this church - before you know it you'd be like any other mega church. Lol.
They will soon. They copy what their white mayster-minders do.
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Emmanystone: 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
jiggaz:
And so is yours.... Alright no wahala.. cheesy
Amen.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by terrezo2002(m): 7:57am On Mar 29, 2018
Even a child knows there must be God so how come some adults with developed brains denies there is God? This is beyond the physical... Someone is playing ping pong with their heads.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Fegelfire: 8:21am On Mar 29, 2018
solite3:

Incriminating statement.
Impactful but baseless one-liner #1.
Impactful but baseless one-liner #2.
Impactful but baseless one-liner #3.
Righteous ending sentence pointing out alleged hypocrisy.

Really, you imbeciles have mastered the art of sounding official with even the most outrageous of claims.

Not believing in god is not a creed. It is the lack of belief in god.

There are 13 countries around the world where atheism is punishable by death or imprisonment, and even more for people who leave their religion (100% of these are Muslim countries) and become atheists. There has been a long history of violence against atheists in nearly all major world religions. The overwhelming majority of people in islamic and african countries believe that atheism is a mental disorder, and even if there are no outright criminalizations, criticism of the dominant religion is frowned upon in public. The majority of American citizens would not support an open atheist as president, according to population polls. So yes, atheists are persecuted, all over the world.

They are certainly persecuted in Nigeria, where 12 Nigerian states practice institutionalised Shariah law, which proscribes the Death Sentence for atheists and apostates.

Oxymoron and strawman argument. Atheism is not a system or structure of beliefs, but the lack of belief in a god. The only "blind faith" here is the belief in god, religion and holy scripture without any scientific evidence or support. Atheism is skeptical by default.

The Church plays a fundamental social role in bringing together communities and breaking down ordinary barriers. The concept of an "atheist church" has been around for hundreds of years, and they were active during the French revolution. The idea is to benefit from the social cohesion of bringing local communities together, without the added baggage of belief in a god, religious brainwashing sessions, etc. Think of it like a more active version of a town hall. It's certainly not "feeding a supressed need for god", moreso filling in the void in social connections that's arisen as religiously-based community gatherings are rendered obsolete.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Fegelfire: 8:36am On Mar 29, 2018
Emmanystone:

ameri9ja:

I don't know how atheists explain the phenomenon of Lord Jesus to themselves. Here is a Person that was foretold for thousands of years, and when He came he made it clear that He was the one foretold and that his words would be around for thousands of years. Here we are, thousands of years later and His words are still around - EXACTLY AS HE SAID!!

Emmanystone:

This above me, folks, is anti-intellectual tribalism in action. Want to know why?

It's sardonic gossip, mockery - between two parties who completely agree and have no opposition with one another. People do this in social circles in order to silence criticism; it gives the illusion that a debate has taken place and a conclusion has been arrived at, when really all that's happened is back and forth choir preaching to emulate a feeling of group-think with no opposing views given.

Muslim youth love to do this and are a perfect example. There are youtube channels ran by hardcore muslims where they sit around in groups and banter with one another about an atheist they've heard of, or a woman who doesn't wear the veil, laughing mockingly and playing to other group-think exploits, nitpicking on their appearance or personality or the fact that they might have misquoted a verse or something, without actually engaging them in debate or attacking their arguments or point of view head on, creating an illusion of intellectual authority when in reality there is none. Anti-intellectual Tribalism, or "bitchy banter" as I like to call it.

God doesn't exist and atheism is not like a religion. If you want atheist rebuttals to a query, ask a goddamned atheist - don't coagulate into your little religious tribal flock.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Butterflyleo: 8:39am On Mar 29, 2018
Fegelfire:

Incriminating statement.

Really, you imbeciles have mastered the art of sounding official with even the most outrageous of claims.

There are 13 countries around the world where atheism is punishable by death or imprisonment, and even more for people who leave their religion (100% of these are Muslim countries) and become atheists. There has been a long history of violence against atheists in nearly all major world religions. The overwhelming majority of people in islamic and african countries believe that atheism is a mental disorder, and even if there are no outright criminalizations, criticism of the dominant religion is frowned upon in public. The majority of American citizens would not support an open atheist as president, according to population polls. So yes, atheists are persecuted, all over the world.

They are certainly persecuted in Nigeria, where 12 Nigerian states practice institutionalised Shariah law, which proscribes the Death Sentence for atheists and apostates.

Oxymoron and strawman argument. Atheism is not a system or structure of beliefs, but the lack of belief in a god. The only "blind faith" here is the belief in god, religion and holy scripture without any scientific evidence or support. Atheism is skeptical by default.

The Church plays a fundamental social role in bringing together communities and breaking down ordinary barriers. The concept of an "atheist church" has been around for hundreds of years, and they were active during the French revolution. The idea is to benefit from the social cohesion of bringing local communities together, without the added baggage of belief in a god, religious brainwashing sessions, etc. Think of it like a more active version of a town hall. It's certainly not "feeding a supressed need for god", moreso filling in the void in social connections that's arisen as religiously-based community gatherings are rendered obsolete.

Symptoms of ODD ( oppositional defiant disorder)

Behavioral symptoms: Easily losing one's temper / throwing repeated temper tantrums. Arguing. Fighting. Refusing to follow rules. Deliberately acting in a way that will annoy others. Blaming others. Blatant hostility towards others. Being unwilling to compromise or negotiate.

All these symptoms can be found in just this your singular post.

You have a mental disorder.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Fegelfire: 9:06am On Mar 29, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Symptoms of ODD ( oppositional defiant disorder)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg1t_nGaDLs

Did you just...? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

And right after I made that post about anti-intellectual tribalism. Talk about on point! Yeah, it's not that the claims and arguments you god fearing folk are full of shit, it's just that I have brain problems, clearly! As does every other person on the planet who disagrees with anything.

Wow, I never knew Psychology was so useful like this. I can just blast people with mental disorder labels instead of constructively addressing their viewpoints and criticisms!

...Are you really this dumb?

Butterflyleo:
Behavioral symptoms: Easily losing one's temper / throwing repeated temper tantrums.

I didn't lose my temper at all. How can you read this over the internet? Not even qualified psychologists claim to be able to diagnose people online.

Butterflyleo:
Arguing.

Yes. Everyone on earth who argues has a disorder. Submission is good. Obey your overlords or else.

Butterflyleo:
Fighting.

See above.

Butterflyleo:
Refusing to follow rules.

Have I broken any rules of Nairaland? I don't think so.

Butterflyleo:
Deliberately acting in a way that will annoy others.

You mean like the way you and BFLion invade every thread you can find looking to pick fights with atheists, pushing nothing new, arguing unscientific, unfalsifiable claims about god, personal attacks (like the one you've made here) against people who disagree with you, and cherry-picking which posts you will respond to? Because that sure is pretty fucking annoying.

Butterflyleo:
Blaming others.

I can't see any context or example of this.

Butterflyleo:
Blatant hostility towards others.

You literally just made a post in response to my rebuttal of a users' theocratic propaganda by claiming that I had a mental disorder. There is nothing more "blatantly hostile" in a debate than that. Are you projecting yourself here?

Butterflyleo:
Being unwilling to compromise or negotiate.

Again, no context and frankly, sounds more a description of yourself than I.

Butterflyleo:
All these symptoms can be found in just this your singular post.

No they can't

Butterflyleo:
You have a mental disorder.

If your response to criticisms of your religions, your logical fallacies, your non-sequiturs is that your opponents all have mental disorders, then you clearly have major issues with debate and critical thinking. There are people I disagree with, but I don't blow hot air out my arse about them having psychological problems. Asserting that I have ODD is nothing more than a thinly veiled personal attack to discredit my argument - a tribalist tactic. I'd advise you drop the false pretenses and directly respond to the issues I'd brought up with the previous poster whom I have replied to, namely that:

1. Atheists are in fact persecuted.
2. Atheism is not a belief system, but the lack of faith in god or gods.
3. "Atheism is blind faith" is an oxymoron and has no foundational basis.

and

4. God isn't real and atheism is not a religion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Butterflyleo: 9:12am On Mar 29, 2018
Fegelfire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg1t_nGaDLs

Did you just...? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

And right after I made that post about anti-intellectual tribalism. Talk about on point! Yeah, it's not that the claims and arguments you god fearing folk are full of shit, it's just that I have brain problems, clearly! As does every other person on the planet who disagrees with anything.

Wow, I never knew Psychology was so useful like this. I can just blast people with mental disorder labels instead of constructively addressing their viewpoints and criticisms!

...Are you really this dumb?

I didn't lose my temper at all. How can you read this over the internet? Not even qualified psychologists claim to be able to diagnose people online.

Yes. Everyone on earth who argues has a disorder. Submission is good. Obey your overlords or else.

See above.

Have I broken any rules of Nairaland? I don't think so.

You mean like the way you and BFLion invade every thread you can find looking to pick fights with atheists, pushing nothing new, arguing unscientific, unfalsifiable claims about god, personal attacks (like the one you've made here) against people who disagree with you, and cherry-picking which posts you will respond to? Because that sure is pretty fucking annoying.

I can't see any context or example of this.

You literally just made a post in response to my rebuttal of a users' theocratic propaganda by claiming that I had a mental disorder. There is nothing more "blatantly hostile" in a debate than that. Are you projecting yourself here?

Again, no context and frankly, sounds more a description of yourself than I.

No they can't

If your response to criticisms of your religions, your logical fallacies, your non-sequiturs is that your opponents all have mental disorders, then you clearly have major issues with debate and critical thinking. There are people I disagree with, but I don't blow hot air out my arse about them having psychological problems. Asserting that I have ODD is nothing more than a thinly veiled personal attack to discredit my argument - a tribalist tactic. I'd advise you drop the false pretenses and directly respond to the issues I'd brought up with the previous poster whom I have replied to, namely that:

1. Atheists are in fact persecuted.
2. Atheism is not a belief system, but the lack of faith in god or gods.
3. "Atheism is blind faith" is an oxymoron and has no foundational basis.

and

4. God isn't real and atheism is not a religion.

As expected! Thanks for proving me right so effortlessly. grin
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Emmanystone: 9:13am On Mar 29, 2018
Guy, why are you so pained?

You are delirious to actually believe the crap that denying the existence of God makes you intelligent.

Fegelfire:

It's sardonic gossip, mockery - between two parties who completely agree and have no opposition with one another. People do this in social circles in order to silence criticism; it gives the illusion that a debate has taken place and a conclusion has been arrived at, when really all that's happened is back and forth choir preaching to emulate a feeling of group-think with no opposing views given.
In essence, what have you said here?

Is this thread about a debate? Your mouth dey scratch you?

Fegelfire:

Muslim youth love to do this and are a perfect example. There are youtube channels ran by hardcore muslims where they sit around in groups and banter with one another about an atheist they've heard of, or a woman who doesn't wear the veil, laughing mockingly and playing to other group-think exploits, nitpicking on their appearance or personality or the fact that they might have misquoted a verse or something, without actually engaging them in debate or attacking their arguments or point of view head on, creating an illusion of intellectual authority when in reality there is none. Anti-intellectual Tribalism, or "bitchy banter" as I like to call it.
Mr Intelligence, your chimes here are empty, pained load of crab. You have said nothing.

Fegelfire:

God doesn't exist and atheism is not like a religion. If you want atheist rebuttals to a query, ask a goddamned atheist - don't coagulate into your little religious tribal flock.
No there's no God, but you atheist gather in assembly these days like a Church. Singing and clapping and giving sermons, just like the churches do.

Do you take offerings and tithes?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Guy, treat that depression. It's totally treatable. Or, join a support group to help this your anger. I xan feel the intensity.

Visit reddit, they posts links to support groups there and they also give drug prescription there for those who are so angry to a point of killing others and themselves.

If there was no God, you won't be going about with a grudge.

Gerarahia mehhn.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Butterflyleo: 9:15am On Mar 29, 2018
Emmanystone:
Guy, why are you so pained?

You are delirious to actually believe the crap that denying the existence of God makes you intelligent.

In essence, what have you said here?

Is this thread about a debate? Your mouth dey scratch you?

Mr Intelligence, your chimes here are empty, pained load of crab. You have said nothing.

No there's no God, but you atheist gather in assembly these days like a Church. Singing and clapping and giving sermons, just like the churches do.

Do you take offerings and tithes?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Guy, treat that depression. It's totally treatable. Or, join a support group to help this your anger. I xan feel the intensity.

Visit reddit, they posts links to support groups there and they also give drug prescription there for those who are so angry to a point of killing others and themselves.

If there was no God, you won't be going about with a grudge.

Gerarahia mehhn.

They actually take offerings in that secular church of atheism in the OP.

That guy you just responded to has a mental disorder
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Emmanystone: 9:51am On Mar 29, 2018
Butterflyleo:

They actually take offerings in that secular church of atheism in the OP.

That guy you just responded to has a mental disorder
I believe he does. The Science community needs to work fast on a cure for Freethinking/atheist mental disorder.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by ameri9ja: 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2018
Fegelfire:

This above me, folks, is anti-intellectual tribalism in action. Want to know why?

U r a funny guy. U talk as if this is a closed forum. Infact some atheists like hopefullandlord, sonoflucifer, seun, were mentioned by name, they all stayed mum.
Also, the argument is not wether God exists. The argument is wether belief in God is beneficial to man.
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
ameri9ja:

Lalasticlala
Seun
[quoq
ameri9ja:

Lalasticlala
quote author=Fegelfire post=66251501]

Incriminating statement.
[/quote] trying so hard to sound intelligent. I feel your pain but I don't pity you.

Next is insult

Typical of atheism

science do not dwell on belief or disbelief but on facts and science do not deny what it doesn't have evidence for. In fact a good scientist must not be close minded or shut down on contrary view or illogical position.

Atheism is religion wannabe. There is no God is your creed.
you don't have any evidence that there is no God.

Atheism believe there is no God.

T
here are 13 countries around the world where atheism arepunishable by death or imprisonment, and even more for people who leave their religion (100% of these are Muslim countries) and become atheists. There has been a long history of violence against atheists in nearly all major world religions. The overwhelming majority of people in islamic and african countries believe that atheism is a mental disorder, and even if there are no outright criminalizations, criticism of the dominant religion is frowned upon in public. The majority of American citizens would not support an open atheist as president, according to population polls. So yes, atheists are persecuted, all over the world.

Oxymoron and strawman argument. Atheism is not a system or structure of beliefs, but the lack of belief in a god. The only "blind faith" here is the belief in god, religion and holy scripture without any scientific evidence or support. Atheism is skeptical by default
it takes blind faith to believe there is no creator even when science proves other wise.

still trying hard to rob shoulders with religion. If atheism is just lack of belief why are you crying?
It is not a must to support an atheist. At least Americans want to protect their country from people who see humans as nothing more than an intelligent beast.
Atheism is blind faith because your claim is baseless and unscientific.

Atheist states are one of the most intolerant. For example in a country that has high numbers of atheists they would throw anyone who preaches about God into jail, fight both politically and economically those who believe in God.
Atheists only cry when they are in minority because they do not have enough power to exercise their tyranny.
Atheists love to criticize others but will hate and curse anyone who dares to criticize atheism.
@ bold madness, when has atheism become sceptical, I guess that was a mistake but go and look it up in a dictionary or Google it. Sceptics are those who do not have a stand, they cannot say if there is God or not.
You cannot disbelief when you are not sure.

The Church plays a fundamental social role in bringing together communities and breaking down ordinary barriers. The concept of an "atheist church" has been around for hundreds of years, and they were active during the French revolution. The idea is to benefit from the social cohesion of bringing local communities together, without the added baggage of belief in a god, religious brainwashing sessions, etc. Think of it like a more active version of a town hall. It's certainly not "feeding a supressed need for god", moreso filling in the void in social connections that's arisen as religiously-based community gatherings are rendered obsolete
you wrote so much only to agree with me at the end.
You are not religious but you do some of the things religious people do how does that sound to you.
Just Atheism is religion wannabe. You criticise religion publicly but Envy them secretly.

Atheist church means the church is for atheists. The question is,
Why did atheist call it a church why not something else? I guess to spite the Christians and yet you claim persecution.
If atheism just means lack of belief in God, why trying to gather atheist to form a gathering? Or is lack of belief a belief system?
I don't believe in Allah why will I gather fellow christistians together and call it christian mosque just to have the same social feelings?

Why call it a church why not a mosque or a shrine? That means there is something about Christianity that everybody want to associate with even atheists.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! by ameri9ja: 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2018
solite3:
[quoqquote author=Fegelfire post=66251501]

Incriminating statement.
trying so hard to sound intelligent. I feel your pain but I don't pity you.

Next is insult

Really, you imbeciles have mastered the art of sounding official with even the most outrageous of claims. Typical of atheism

Not believing in god is not a creed. It is the lack of belief in god. science do not dwell on belief or disbelief but on facts and science do not deny what it doesn't have evidence for. In fact a good scientist must not be close minded or shut down on contrary view or illogical position.

Atheism is religion wannabe. There is no God is your creed.
you don't have any evidence that there is no God.

Atheism believe there is no God.

There are 13 countries around the world where atheism arepunishable by death or imprisonment, and even more for people who leave their religion (100% of these are Muslim countries) and become atheists. There has been a long history of violence against atheists in nearly all major world religions. The overwhelming majority of people in islamic and african countries believe that atheism is a mental disorder, and even if there are no outright criminalizations, criticism of the dominant religion is frowned upon in public. The majority of American citizens would not support an open atheist as president, according to population polls. So yes, atheists are persecuted, all over the world.

Oxymoron and strawman argument. Atheism is not a system or structure of beliefs, but the lack of belief in a god. The only "blind faith" here is the belief in god, religion and holy scripture without any scientific evidence or support. Atheism is skeptical by default
it takes blind faith to believe there is no creator even when science proves other wise.

still trying hard to rob shoulders with religion. If atheism is just lack of belief why are you crying?
It is not a must to support an atheist. At least Americans want to protect their country from people who see humans as nothing more than an intelligent beast.
Atheism is blind faith because your claim is baseless and unscientific.

Atheist states are one of the most intolerant. For example in a country that has high numbers of atheists they would throw anyone who preaches about God into jail, fight both politically and economically those who believe in God.
Atheists only cry when they are in minority because they do not have enough power to exercise their tyranny.
Atheists love to criticize others but will hate and curse anyone who dares to criticize atheism.
@ bold madness, when has atheism become sceptical, I guess that was a mistake but go and look it up in a dictionary or Google it. Sceptics are those who do not have a stand, they cannot say if there is God or not.
You cannot disbelief when you are not sure.

The Church plays a fundamental social role in bringing together communities and breaking down ordinary barriers. The concept of an "atheist church" has been around for hundreds of years, and they were active during the French revolution. The idea is to benefit from the social cohesion of bringing local communities together, without the added baggage of belief in a god, religious brainwashing sessions, etc. Think of it like a more active version of a town hall. It's certainly not "feeding a supressed need for god", moreso filling in the void in social connections that's arisen as religiously-based community gatherings are rendered obsolete you wrote so much only to agree with me at the end.
You are not religious but you do some of the things religious people do how does that sound to you.
Just Atheism is religion wannabe. You criticise religion publicly but Envy them secretly.

Atheist church means the church is for atheists. The question is,
Why did atheist call it a church why not something else? I guess to spite the Christians and yet you claim persecution.
If atheism just means lack of belief in God, why trying to gather atheist to form a gathering? Or is lack of belief a belief system?
I don't believe in Allah why will I gather fellow christistians together and call it christian mosque just to have the same social feelings?

Why call it a church why not a mosque or a shrine? That means there is something about Christianity that everybody want to associate with even atheists.

Nailed it exactly. Nothing to add.

(1) (Reply)

Can You do What Leah Did????? / Do You Hope To See Real Miracles? Here They Are! / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Is He Outside Of The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.