Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (4017 Views)

As An Atheist, Would You Accept Christ Because Of The Fear Of Death? / The Sacrifice & Why We Must Circumcise Our Hearts In The Church. (exodus 12:1) / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Deicide: 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
I just wanna see the Atheist view on this smiley
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
Nope. Apparently there are nerves in the foreskin that make sex more pleasurable, I see no reason for circumcision to be honest. Once my male child is an adult if he wants to get cut he can choose to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 31, 2017
Erm... who still circumsises their child because of religious reasons? It's mostly health reasons and not because of some Old Testament covenant.

2 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by hahn(m): 10:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Nope. Apparently there are nerves in the foreskin that make sex more pleasurable, I see no reason for circumcision to be honest. Once my male child is an adult if he wants to get cut he can choose to.

But it is an issue grooming the dick with that extra flesh on it

I will have it cut off when he is very young though. That thing is damn painful

I was circumcised when I was 3 years old. I can still remember the operation sad

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Deicide: 10:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
LightandDarkness:
I thought you were Deist, well sha anyone cant contributes smiley
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 10:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Erm... who still circumsises their child because of religious reasons? It's mostly health reasons and not because of some Old Testament covenant.

So an Old Testament recommendation of about 3500 BC suddenly is now taken seriously due to its proven health benefits or reasons. cheesy

Well perhaps those "goat herders" who atheists claim wrote the scriptures who were not biologists or professors who never went to Harvard, Yale and the likes of them knew something Afterall grin cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Deicide: 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Health reasons like?
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Deicide: 10:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

So an Old Testament recommendation of about 3500 BC suddenly is now taken seriously due to its proven health benefits or reasons. cheesy

Well perhaps those "goat herders" who atheists claim wrote the scriptures who were not biologists or professors who never went to Harvard, Yale and the likes of them knew something Afterall grin cheesy
The Egyptians were Circumcising their male children long b4 the Jewish people started the practice............And besides, the thread was for Atheist or the unreligious to Air their views and not for Irrelevant Arguments all in the name of trying to be Relevant? undecided

5 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
Deicide:

The Egyptians were Circumcising their male children long b4 the Jewish people started the practice............And besides, the thread was for Atheist or the unreligious to Air their views and not for Irrelevant Arguments all in the name of trying to be Relevant? undecided

I have never seen where Christians would say their threads are meant strictly for Christians and that stopped the atheists from entering it and making their usual lousy comments. cheesy

Per your comment about Egyptians and circumcision it still doesn't change the fact that alleged "goat herders" also declared it. grin

Maybe they owned world class medical research centres and sensitive equipment that could run tests and diagnose all by itself. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Young03(m): 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2017
Nga ebe ya ugwuu
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by obinna58(m): 10:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

What the fvck is wrong with your brain
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Deicide: 10:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

I have never seen where Christians would say their threads are meant strictly for Christians and that stopped the atheists from entering it and making their usual lousy comments. cheesy

Per your comment about Egyptians and circumcision it still doesn't change the fact that alleged "goat herders" also declared it. grin

Maybe they owned world class medical research centres and sensitive equipment that could run tests and diagnose all by itself. cheesy
ok bye bye now smiley
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Deicide: 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2017
obinna58:

Pls ignore the Guy biko
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Circumcision does not affect sensation. It actually improves it. Make Una read Una no go gree.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 10:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
obinna58:

So you hate it when a theist invades threads specifically meant for you ba?

Yet you never hesitate invading those meant strictly for theists. cheesy

I should be asking you why you allowed Lawma take away your brain.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
Deicide:

ok bye bye now smiley

I dey kampe. Bye bye for where cheesy

What is good for the goose is excellent for the gander Abi no be so? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
Deicide:

I thought you were Deist, well sha anyone cant contributes smiley

No. I am an agnostic atheist, open to deism though.

hahn:

But it is an issue grooming the dick with that extra flesh on it

I will have it cut off when he is very young though. That thing is damn painful

I was circumcised when I was 3 years old. I can still remember the operation sad

Grooming, how so? And damn, sorry sad

butterflylion:

Circumcision does not affect sensation. It actually improves it. Make Una read Una no go gree.

No one was insulting anyone till you arrived. As my post said I will leave it to my child to decide, in other words I don't really care if anyone is or isn't circumcised. Look for argument elsewhere
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Deicide: 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2017
LightandDarkness:

ok nice
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Grooming, how so? And damn, sorry sad

No one was insulting anyone till you arrived. As my post said I will leave it to my child to decide, in other words I don't really care if anyone is or isn't circumcised. Look for argument elsewhere

So asking that you read for the sake of your son is an insult? Lmao

Do you see why many people say atheists are thick between the ears?

Despite knowing the health risks and health benefits of circumcision you would rather have your son decide when he is already an adult? Perhaps by then he would have gotten a terminal health condition due to your ignorance and "wicked" thought of allowing him to decide by himself. Smh

This is why circumcision is recommended

1. Easier hygiene.

2. Decreased risk of urinary tract infections.

3. Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections.

4. Decreased risk of penile cancer.

Now that you know, you can "wickedly" keep saying you would wait till he is an adult so he can decide for himself.

2 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Ranchhoddas: 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

Why you dey mumu yourself like this?
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Deicide: 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

Despite knowing the health risks and health benefits of circumcision you would rather have your son decide when he is already an adult? Perhaps by then he would have gotten a terminal health condition due to your ignorance and "wicked" thought of allowing him to decide by himself. Smh

1. Easier hygiene.

Now that you know, you can "wickedly" keep saying you would wait to he is an adult so he can decide for himself.
Rubbish! all your point still points to the first point you made which was personal Hygiene........If the child is taught to take care of it properly the remaining point you listed can easily be avoided. The Same thing occurs to the female children but you don't see much people circumcising their female children because of personal Hygiene.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 10:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Why you dey mumu yourself like this?

How my "mumu" take concern you? cheesy grin

I dey do Wetin Una sabi do on Strictly Christian threads. Pay back no dey work again ni? I dey owe Una so na my debt I come pay cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2017
Deicide:

Rubbish! all your point still points to the first point you made which was personal Hygiene........If the child is taught to take care of it properly the remaining point you listed can easily be avoided. The Same thing occurs to the female children but you don't see much people circumcising their female children because of personal Hygiene.

So personal hygiene would prevent cuts on a Penis due to the excess skin and cause exposure to HIV ba?

So personal hygiene would stop cancer cells from forming INSIDE THE TISSUES of the penis ba?

Per the bolded your thread is about MALE CHILDREN AND NOT FEMALE. abi your own thread dey confuse you? cheesy

Ignorance on display. cheesy

The health benefits of circumcision is strictly for males. For females there is no benefit so stick to your OP. The mere fact that you said the same thing is applicable for females shows you are ever so so so so soooooooooo ignorant of your own OP. grin

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Ranchhoddas: 11:05pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

How my "mumu" take concern you? cheesy grin

I dey do Wetin Una sabi do on Strictly Christian threads. Pay back no dey work again ni? I dey owe Una so na my debt I come pay cheesy grin
So you are admitting your crimes.
This is good.
Na restitution remain.
PS: I wasn't talking about your supposed intrusion. I was talking about the content of the post.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
So you admitting your crimes.
This is good.
Na restitution remain.
PS: I wasn't talking about your supposed intrusion. I was talking about the content of the post.

Crime ke? Na the mumu wey atheists dey do I come pay back. Abi you did not get my own logic? grin

Abi no be "goat herders" write the bible again? cheesy

So how the content take dey wrong. Guy go and sleep. Hope you have been circumcised sha. The smell from an uncircumcised joystick can make gutter smell dey like perfume. grin

2 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Deicide: 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

So personal hygiene would prevent cuts on a Penis due to the excess skin and cause exposure to HIV ba?
Yes because HIV flies in the air grin

So personal hygiene would stop cancer cells from forming INSIDE THE TISSUES of the penis ba?
Not necessarily true

Per the bolded your thread is about MALE CHILDREN AND NOT FEMALE. abi your own thread dey confuse you? cheesy

Ignorance on display. cheesy

The health benefits of circumcision is strictly for males. For females there is no benefit so stick to your OP. The mere fact that you said the same thing is applicable for females shows you are ever so so so so soooooooooo ignorant of your own OP. grin
The same risks you gave for males also apply to females
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Ranchhoddas: 11:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

Crime ke? Na the mumu wey atheists dey do I come pay back. Abi you did not get my own logic? grin

Abi no be "goat herders" write the bible again? cheesy

So how the content take dey wrong. Guy go and sleep. Hope you have been circumcised sha. The smell from an uncircumcised joystick can make gutter smell dey like perfume. grin
Yimu.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 11:12pm On Aug 31, 2017
Deicide:

Yes because HIV flies in the air grin

Not necessarily true

The same risks you gave for males also apply to females

#your mumu don do.

HIV is sexually transmitted and maybe your joystick is only used for peeing ba?

The procedure has no health benefits for girls and women.

Source ------WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION.

you are so ignorant e dey painful.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

1. Easier hygiene.

Now that you know, you can "wickedly" keep saying you would wait till he is an adult so he can decide for himself.

I invite you to show me the research. Not the opinion articles. The actual research behind your claims.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Deicide: 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

#your mumu don do.

HIV is sexually transmitted and maybe your joystick is only used for peeing ba?
Yes because you mostly have unprotected sex so you think everyone is like you the reason am engaging you is simple because we are still on the topic and pls i would not tolerate any insult not being able to have a civil conversation is not my fault...

The procedure has no health benefits for girls and women

Source ------WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION.

you are so ignorant e dey painful.
I wouldn't have opened this thread if I hadn't done some personal research.....personal hygiene is not that necessary for females but it helps

@reded it does but just few that it can be ignored just like in males
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 11:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
LightandDarkness:

I invite you to show me the research. Not the opinion articles. The actual research behind your claims.

Very soon you would be asking for research on why HIV can kill. grin

Ogbeni simply type HEALTH BENEFITS OF MALE CIRCUMCISION on your Google browser and you would be overloaded by the medical and scientific websites that subscribe to its benefits for the male child and why.

Na me go help you do Wetin you suppose do for the sake of your own son? cheesy

Love your son enough to research for his own good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

Very soon you would be asking for research on why HIV can kill. grin

Ogbeni simply type HEALTH BENEFITS OF MALE CIRCUMCISION on your Google browser and you would be overloaded by the medical and scientific websites that subscribe to its benefits for the male child and why.

Na me go hell you do Wetin you suppose do for the sake of your own son? cheesy

Love your son enough to research for his own good.

You would do better to communicate your points without insults.

Anyway on this one the facts support you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

People Who Mocked God / Probablistic Possibility Within The Subsets Of The Entropy for Peace of Mind. / Is Jesus Christ God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.