Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship (27445 Views)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary / COVID-19: Daystar Christian Centre Won’t Reopen – Sam Adeyemi / Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by ikorodureporta: 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2018
They need a bigger venue
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by vislabraye(m): 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
delectablegyal:
i have been to hicc and that's like the headquarters of gorgeous ladies in lagos.

i have not been to daystar church. somebody will say "who asked me?" i asked myself.

shocked
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by ollah2: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ibime:

Did God change his mind? I thought your God is immutable?

Lol. They are coming for your head oo.

He changes his mind from law to grace. From life to death to ressurection.

Too many fables. Many cock and bull stories.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Patrotism: 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2018
You May need to cross-check your facts because sabbath was mentioned more in the new testament than the old. But just let you know: The day of worship was never in doubt nor questionable so there was really no need to re-emphasize it. Jesus and all His disciples were all Sabbath keepers. After Jesus the early apostle continued in that custom, so it was never called to question.
NORSIYK:

Lol you have exposed your shallowness about the bible.
All the whole commandments that were mentioned in the old testament 9 of them were mentioned in the new testament the one that was not reaffirmed was the one about the Sabbath

2 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ibime:

Did God change his mind? I thought your God is immutable?
Christ brought the new law we are adhering to, we ain't under the old law anymore
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by ladycomfort(f): 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
miqos02:
harvesters international Christian center

The one at gbagada??
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2018
Patrotism:
You May need to cross-check your facts because sabbath was mentioned more in the new testament than the old. But just let you know: The day of worship was never in doubt nor questionable so there was really no need to re-emphasize it. Jesus and all His disciples were all Sabbath keepers. After Jesus the early apostle continued in that custom, so it was never called to question.
Please can you quote the verse and chapter
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Kennydoc(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2018
HigherEd:
"Kudos, the concern is that, the time will come when this is generally accepted, the need for first and second or even third service will arise in the Saturday, then, people by the reason of excuses or non, resolved to attending this Saturday services. Gradually, at the offices or work place your attention will be called for on Sunday by assuming you have option to attend service on Saturday. It will become a norm and the government (who are not born again) will make Sunday part of Official days of the week. Already Saturday is an official day for some. Then the time for spiritual thing has further given to the circular.
Just like importing an idea from western world to africa, it is good if consider the difference in psychological development of both worlds.
Just an opinion. I'm indifferent."

It can never work with the Catholic and Protestant Churches, who are still the major players in Christian politics in Nigeria.
Saturday worship will only be like midweek services which can never replace Sunday worship.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by ahamonyeka(m): 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2018
multiple income stream.

money must be made.

anyways join the seventh-day adventist to worship on the sabbath day at least if I no fit go my church which is SDA then I go worship for day star church what matters is keeping the sabbath holy..

1 Like

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by femi4: 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2018
HigherEd:
Well there is no part of the Bible where it explicitly says Christians must worship on sundays. Just like white weddings, easter, christmas. Sunday worship was an invention of the Church which has now become acceptable christian tradition.

I'm of the opinion that the church is free to do as it likes as regards issues like celebrations(easter, christmas), day of worship without looking for biblical correlation since those activities were founded by the Church post bible era...
But the excuse given does not hold water. Must they come to Church with their cars?
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2018
pboy247:
very clear and I will never hide my identity. The truth must be said wether accepted or not. If anyone wishes to know more. I will oblige to help. Read: Exd.20:8-15, palms. 89:34, Rev. 1:10, Dan. 7:25, Matt. 15:3/9. Acts. 5:39-41 and acts. 5:29.

Then from history. Read: Christian sabbath, page 16. It's written by a catholic. Read, catholic convert catechism page 50.
Finally research on what happened on 7 march 321(AD) this talks about the first ever Sunday law. If you are not convinced. You can put a question to your pastor or Bishop. GOD's truth must prevail. Thank you
New testament never made mention of worshipping on sabbath days
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by derecho(m): 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2018
Hmmmn...the bible made provision for it na...Remember, "let no man judge you in respect of holidays" Colossians 2:16.Thus,we are obligated to get biblical backing for what we do.Bible complete
HigherEd:
Well there is no part of the Bible where it explicitly says Christians must worship on sundays. Just like white weddings, easter, christmas. Sunday worship was an invention of the Church which has now become acceptable christian tradition.

I'm of the opinion that the church is free to do as it likes as regards issues like celebrations(easter, christmas), day of worship without looking for biblical correlation since those activities were founded by the Church post bible era...
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
Kotodoctor:

That means you will invite me to that church o.
Cus am trying to cut cost.
Worship with church of christ near you
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Ibime(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
NORSIYK:

Christ brought the new law we are adhering to, we ain't under the old law anymore

Point is New Testament did not prescribe Sunday worship either, infact Jesus worshipped on Saturday, so if Adeyemi observe Saturday, he is truer to Gods word than Sunday worshippers.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by moneysense777: 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2018
kmcutez:
I'm very sure it's not to make life easy for any of his members. He wants to make sure he does not miss out on any offerings, tithes, etc from those of his members that cannot attend church on Sundays.

Awon ole.

Church is not about Tithe and Offering.
Have you ever been forced to pay any of the two in your local church?
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by femi4: 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

God actually asked us to keep the sabbath day ( the day he rested from work) Holy. It was the Catholic Church that moved it from Saturday to Sunday( the beginning of the week) and it became convenient for others
Why do we love to read Bible half way?

When Jesus came, he described himself as "The Lord of the Sabbath" hence setting a day apart to rest and worship God became invalid
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by dhesire(m): 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2018
For whatever reason tendered by the church, I am not pleased with this development.
My opinion though!
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ibime:

Point is New Testament did not prescribe Sunday worship either, infact Jesus worshipped on Saturday, so if Adeyemi observe Saturday, he is truer to Gods word than Sunday worshippers.
What is the first day of the week
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ibime:

What is the first day of the week Saturday or Sunday
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by bignero: 1:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
you cant bend the rules for mans convenience and modernisation

man must bend and make sacrifices to serve and build his spiritual life....

wrong move oga sam
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Muslims no go like dis o
How?
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

God actually asked us to keep the sabbath day ( the day he rested from work) Holy. It was the Catholic Church that moved it from Saturday to Sunday( the beginning of the week) and it became convenient for others
The early Christians had fellowship on Sunday .

"And on the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul began talking to them, intending to depart the next day, and he prolonged his message until midnight," (Acts 20:7).

The first day of the week is Sunday, and this is the day the people gathered. This passage can easily be seen as the church meeting on Sunday
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
Bamirex:
This is confusion... Saturday service day..? Christianity can't be modernized now. Things are changing o endtimes.bible only said a day never ask to pick two days and pick the one the suite your ineptitude.. Either Sunday or Saturday pick one and make it generally..
The Bible didn't say you should choose either. Every day is special to God. There is no much different between Sunday service and other days of worship.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by petenweke: 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
So if you make the Saturday service you don't have to come on sunday?
Pls be explicit.
It's the church workers who don't get paid that will suffer it. Another compulsory day for them to be in church
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by olowobaba10: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2018
DO YOU MEAN tetraxosulphate IV acid OR tetraoxosulphate V1 acid H2SO4? WHY DON'T YOU JUST SAY SULPHURIC ACID?
psychologist:
Waiting for tetraxosulphate IV acid (freeze) to react grin

Av never seen a more confuse man
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by kcowen(m): 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2018
delectablegyal:
i have been to hicc and that's like the headquarters of gorgeous ladies in lagos.

i have not been to daystar church. somebody will say "who asked me?" i asked myself.
are you an Hicc member cos I am,we also hold Saturday services
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by olowobaba10: 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
WHICH DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY?
Bukayot:
lobatan ,just to satisfy their own interest. obey the Sabbath day. .
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
Patrotism:
My Brother, the early christian church observed the sabbath day(Saturday) You are free to consult Acts 13; Please pay attention to Vs14 - 16.Paul worshiped God on the sabbath day(Saturday) All the apostles kept the sabbath day holy.
Dat was Paul going to preach in a synagogue of jews not gathering of believers. The jews worshipped on Saturday wch is sabbath. I need you to show me where the early church congregated on Saturday rather than Sunday.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by madjune(m): 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2018
Saturday offerings must follow too.

Naija.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by eph12(m): 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2018
bignero:
you cant bend the rules for mans convenience and modernisation

man must bend and make sacrifices to serve and build his spiritual life....

wrong move oga sam
Who made the rules?
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by mickybeejay(m): 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2018
kmcutez:
I'm very sure it's not to make life easy for any of his members. He wants to make sure he does not miss out on any offerings, tithes, etc from those of his members that cannot attend church on Sundays.

Awon ole.
How does that affect you ? You better find something to do instead of complaining about someone else's issue
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by eph12(m): 3:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
petenweke:
So if you make the Saturday service you don't have to come on sunday?
Pls be explicit.
It's the church workers who don't get paid that will suffer it. Another compulsory day for them to be in church
It is not compulsory for church workers to be in church on both days, stop saying what you don't know.

By the way most workers go to church on Saturdays and Sundays in every church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Canada Wonderland Park- Nairalander Experience: Pictures & Video / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen / Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.