Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship (27441 Views)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary / COVID-19: Daystar Christian Centre Won’t Reopen – Sam Adeyemi / Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by HigherEd: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2018
Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 i was busy trying to create a thread on the education segment(yonsei university in pictures). I posted the first two pictures only to have my "reply and like" button taken away for subsequent postings which meant i could no longer post the remaining pictures. Pls look into it asap. Plus pls get an online help centre to help rectify people's problems on nairaland. Thank you.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by enemyofprogress: 5:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
PortableToDynam:

One mumu spotted
one mumu reacted

1 Like

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 6:41pm On Mar 28, 2018
ceeroh:
No comment
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by OriflameNIG: 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
delectablegyal:
i have been to hicc and that's like the headquarters of gorgeous ladies in lagos.

i have not been to daystar church. somebody will say "who asked me?" i asked myself.
Wait till you get to household of God church pastored by ChrisOkotie , the ladies there are beautiful oooo
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Venerable612(m): 1:59am On Mar 29, 2018
HigherEd:
Daystar Begins Saturday Worship Services

The Pastor Sam Adeyemi founded Daystar Christian Centre will begin Saturday worship services at her Church facility at PLOT A3C Ikosi Road, Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos.

The church announced this in a statement signed by Kenny Folarin, chief operating officer at Daystar Christian Centre.

Folarin said the service would hold between 6pm and 7.15pm.

“In a mega-city like Lagos, where many people would love to be in church on Sundays but for unusual schedules and work demands, our Saturday worship service offers that unique privilege to worship God while you attend to work or other things on Sunday,” the statement read.

“For our regular and prospective members, this also presents the opportunity for easy parking space which may be an issue on an average Sunday worship service. In God’s presence, all days are the same with His favours and blessings. Our worship services are value-adding, life-changing, transforming.

“This Saturday worship service would be in addition to our normal Sunday worship services; 7am, 8.45am, 10.30am and 12.15pm. Worshippers can now have options of attending based on their schedules and preferences.”

The church said its mission of raising role models in the society is achieved through “visible transformation in your lives, business and families”. It is however not clear if the Daystar facility recently opened in Lekki, Lagos in 2017 will also hold Saturday services.

The Harvesters International Christian Centre (HICC) Gbagada, Lagos pastored by Bolaji Idowu began the trend of having alternate services on Saturday in Lagos. The Seventh Day Adventist Church however holds her worship services only on Saturday in commemoration of the sabbath.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1311049065705628&id=444807728996437

Laudable! But looks too PR.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by shumax: 2:19am On Mar 29, 2018
This has been the practise of the Catholic Church for decades, na now Una day de break
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by bignero: 10:58am On Mar 29, 2018
eph12:

Who made the rules?

am sure you are a muslim

if your a christian asking this, you should be ashamed...God made the rules

am sure you will quote history and say ''sabath'' was saturday.....even if that part of history is truth or right.. for years and years after sunday was made a day of worship to God..God hasnt complained, for great men like the haggins, oyedepos etc have been used by GOD in those days to work notable miracles...so i belive God isnt complining about such days..for his approval is evident in miracles signs and wonders done in sunday services..

God set aside a single day for man to rest and worship HIM, all other days are for work,...God is ominiscinet so he is not in one place..so those whom worship him in truth and spirit , carry him God every they go in their spirit...but sunday is made to gather togteher with other believers to worship and learn and encourage each other.

the greatest gift after salvation to man is free will...and it pleases God when we submit that free will back to him, but acknowledgment of him....so if for the sake of work, hustle or what ever, i can not by my own free will make out time to worship my creator..i dont see him as worthy enough..and we know the worldover the work calender and sechedule is paterned after Christianity,,,only in the middle east where sundays are work days..which is very understandable because they dont believe.

nothing wrong in doing church programmes every day of the week...but church service is sunday and sunday it should remain
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by eph12(m): 11:09am On Mar 29, 2018
bignero:

am sure you are a muslim

if your a christian asking this, you should be ashamed...God made the rules

am sure you will quote history and say ''sabath'' was saturday.....even if that part of history is truth or right.. for years and years after sunday was made a day of worship to God..God hasnt complained, for great men like the haggins, oyedepos etc have been used by GOD in those days to work notable miracles...so i belive God isnt complining about such days..for his approval is evident in miracles signs and wonders done in sunday services..

God set aside a single day for man to rest and worship HIM, all other days are for work,...God is ominiscinet so he is not in one place..so those whom worship him in truth and spirit , carry him God every they go in their spirit...but sunday is made to gather togteher with other believers to worship and learn and encourage each other.

the greatest gift after salvation to man is free will...and it pleases God when we submit that free will back to him, but acknowledgment of him....so if for the sake of work, hustle or what ever, i can not by my own free will make out time to worship my creator..i dont see him as worthy enough..and we know the worldover the work calender and sechedule is paterned after Christianity,,,only in the middle east where sundays are work days..which is very understandable because they dont believe.

nothing wrong in doing church programmes every day of the week...but church service is sunday and sunday it should remain
Humans changed the day from Saturday to Sunday and God didn't complain, what does that tell you? You think God is bothered about the exact day you worship him? The miracles and other great things happening on other days of the week are from where? Why has God not asked his pastors and prophets to only pray for the sick or organize church events on Sundays only?

Brother God doesn't care about the day of the week you go to church or praise him at home. Jesus was clear about that when he healed the sick on Sabbath day against the religious traditional belief.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by bignero: 11:20am On Mar 29, 2018
Venerable612:

Laudable! But looks too PR.

you put it in the shortest possible way..you summersied it in one word

the 'business' of GOD is a spiritual one,,not one of intellect...and its what agents of darkness like freeze are using to wage war, any decision in Gods matter that isnt from the spirit is mans intellect trying to deceive him..and in most cases these interference of intellect in spiritual matters is mostly done to please men...and thats what this moves looks like... A PR to Please man, if God is important in my life, why cant create time for him? isnt it he that said all days man should work, but one day should be set aside to worship him?...since when did it become two...

recall what i think james in the bible said,,,if a rich man comes to your church..do not give him a better seat..while if the poor comes do not give him a worse or less convenient seat, because its a sin of partiality...for God sees both rich and poor as equal...i cited this because it seems this Saturday decison is made so that those whom come on sunday as regarded as less busy etc...or are being stressed, so lets make life easy for them on staurdays
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Venerable612(m): 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2018
bignero:

you put it in the shortest possible way..you summersied it in one word

the 'business' of GOD is a spiritual one,,not one of intellect...and its what agents of darkness like freeze are using to wage war, any decision in Gods matter that isnt from the spirit is mans intellect trying to deceive him..and in most cases these interference of intellect in spiritual matters is mostly done to please men...and thats what this moves looks like... A PR to Please man, if God is important in my life, why cant create time for him? isnt it he that said all days man should work, but one day should be set aside to worship him?...since when did it become two...

recall what i think james in the bible said,,,if a rich man comes to your church..do not give him a better seat..while if the poor comes do not give him a worse or less convenient seat, because its a sin of partiality...for God sees both rich and poor as equal...i cited this because it seems this Saturday decison is made so that those whom come on sunday as regarded as less busy etc...or are being stressed, so lets make life easy for them on staurdays

Quite rightly bro. You took my point to it’s logical conclusion.

I may only disagree with you on this;

isnt it he that said all days man should work, but one day should be set aside to worship him?..

I think that rule was relaxed in the NT. disciples and even Christ went often to the Temple to pray at least 3 times a day. And on Sabbaths, He performed miracles.

Perhaps, churches have the freedom to worship on Saturdays - but the motive looks shady (which is where we agree). It’s more like they are advertising a product to make more profit. But who are we to judge? God alone sees the heart of man.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by mizthorlu(f): 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2018
pboy247:
very clear and I will never hide my identity. The truth must be said wether accepted or not. If anyone wishes to know more. I will oblige to help. Read: Exd.20:8-15, palms. 89:34, Rev. 1:10, Dan. 7:25, Matt. 15:3/9. Acts. 5:39-41 and acts. 5:29.

Then from history. Read: Christian sabbath, page 16. It's written by a catholic. Read, catholic convert catechism page 50.
Finally research on what happened on 7 march 321(AD) this talks about the first ever Sunday law. If you are not convinced. You can put a question to your pastor or Bishop. GOD's truth must prevail. Thank you

you remind me of adventure in bible prophecy. 2yrs of joining the Adventist church. No regret.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by mizthorlu(f): 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2018
Patrotism:
You May need to cross-check your facts because sabbath was mentioned more in the new testament than the old. But just let you know: The day of worship was never in doubt nor questionable so there was really no need to re-emphasize it. Jesus and all His disciples were all Sabbath keepers. After Jesus the early apostle continued in that custom, so it was never called to question.

even Jesus observed Sabbath in the grave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Canada Wonderland Park- Nairalander Experience: Pictures & Video / Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.