Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

The Story Of My Life (episode 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Story Of My Life (episode 1) (1147 Views)

The Crown Of Life Episode One / The Story Of My Life (episode 3) / The Story Of My Life (episode 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of My Life (episode 1) by Allnaijaent: 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2018
Episode 1

I am from a deeply religious family, my parents have been very strict in raising I and my siblings. Growing up in the house of Mr and Mrs Olatunde was hard enough. My dad is a typical Ogbomosho man, strong, commanding and intelligent. He hardly tolerates any nuisance. He handled us with an iron fist. We had strict rules & guidelines, and whoever disobeyed was severely punished.

My parents are also very religious people. We are devoted Catholics, no one in my house was permitted to miss a mass, even if you were sick, it had better be Ebola virus, else you must be in church.
I was quite active too, I was an alter girl, I also joined the legion of Mary.
My life revolved around 3 places; school, home and church. I dare not step out of the house for a minute without a vivid reason. I attended a girls-only school, so boys were off limits. Mum and dad took every little opportunity to remind me that as the last born and only girl, I was so precious to them. They wanted me to grow into a decent woman, who would make them proud. I was everyone’s pet. My elder brothers David and Daniel were always there for me. Though 4 and 2 years older than me respectively, we were best of friends.
At 16, I was a shy, easy going princess. I had developed quite well for my age. I had a slim figure, I had a fairly good height for a lady with gently curved hips. My gentle dark eyeballs reflected my light African skin. I was a beauty to behold, and mum always reminded me of that. She had warned me repeatedly never to go near boys, whom according to her were “Wolves who are ready to devour” waiting to plunder and destroy my future.(That was their simple and single illustration about boys)
Dad kept a tight leash on me. Every Friday he would drive me to church practice, and pick me up when I’m done. Other kids made fun of me for being a “daddy’s girl”. I protested and declared that I was old enough to find my way to the church. Hence dad agreed that David should take me instead. He gave us a stern warning “you must never divert on your way to church!”
I was glad at last that I had gained a part of my freedom, Little did daddy know that Friday’s practice in church would be the beginning of the greatest mistake of my life.
Sit back, Relax & Grab a can of coke and chips cos the story has just started.

Complete The Story Of My Life Episode 1 to 47

https://allnaijaentertainment.com.ng/2018/03/the-story-of-my-life-episode-1/

(1) (Reply)

Story, Dark / Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History / Chika Unigwe and Naija Stories Want Your Best Short Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.