Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

The Story Of My Life (episode 3) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Story Of My Life (episode 3) (695 Views)

The Crown Of Life Episode One / The Story Of My Life (episode 2) / The Story Of My Life (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of My Life (episode 3) by Allnaijaent: 8:31am On Mar 29, 2018
Episode 3

The three of us (Sarah Matthew & I) eventually walked to a secluded part of the church. It was a building under construction. It would serve as the pastorium for the parish priest after its completion. I have never been inside the building before, I only see it from a distance. It was quite neat inside, not as littered with nails and plank as I would have thought. The planks were neatly arranged on pieces of blocks to form a kind of bench, it was as if it was a regular meeting point.
I sat down comfortably, on one of the make shift benches, Matthew sat beside me. And Sarah sat on a different bench, at the other end of the room. She immediately brought out her phone and started playing her favorite game, Temple Run.
Matthew focused all his attention on me, he communicated in a way that made me feel more comfortable with him. That was the day I got to know that he too was a student at UNILAG. He told me a lot about himself, and not before long, he spoke on the part that he was genuinely interested in me which I gave no response to. He asked about my family thereafter, and why he has never seen me around after practice. I managed to find words to explain my parents attitude to him, and how much I missed going out. He understood how boring my life was.

After much talking and encouraging me, Matthew told me I wasn’t the only one with strict parents. He assured me that his parents were once like that, but he found a way to cope and brake loose from such bondage after he was of age. He told me he could help me handle my parents.
There was a long pause in our conversation, all the while I was looking at the floor (I was shy a bit I guess). Matthew moved a little closer, held my hand with one hand, and began to speak in a gentle and captivating voice. “Ruth, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever known, I think about you everyday, but I have never had the chance to tell you how I really feel about you” (Seriously? I asked myself that question) he pulled my chin, looked straight into my eyes, and whispered softly ” Ruth, I love you” I felt as if my heart was going to burst, it was beating so fast. No one has ever told me that before.
The whole world stopped before my very eyes. (That was just the expression I felt). I couldn’t say anything, I didn’t even know what to say. I just know that I spent my night thinking about him too, he didn’t seem like the “wolf” my mum described guys to be. I was so lost in my own thoughts, I barely noticed when he brought his phone out, typed in something, and put it back in his pocket. I was still lost in my thoughts and fantasies when Sarah’s phone buzzed from the other end of the building. I noticed she read something from her phone and that prompted her up from her seat, she came closer towards us and told me she was going to ease herself.

Complete The Story Of My Life Episode 1 to 47

https://allnaijaentertainment.com.ng/2018/03/the-story-of-my-life-episode-3/

(1) (Reply)

Writers: Stop Copying Chimamanda Adichie's Writing Style By John Chizoba Vincent / c / THIS JOB IS DONE!! I Need Some Articles ASAP! I've Gotten Enough for This But...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.