Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family (19061 Views)

I Defected To ADC, Not Because Of Buhari Senator Monsurat Recants / Group Demands Abike Dabiri's Sack Over Fraudulent Martin Luther King’s Award / Stop The Lies - Fayose Reacts To Martin Luther King’s Family Endorsing Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by sweetmusic12: 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2018
Funny government.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by ayookunlee: 2:58pm On Mar 29, 2018
someone should please flush this people out already

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by enemyofprogress: 3:00pm On Mar 29, 2018
The Fraudulent MLK Award for Buhari Cost Over a Billion Naira!

The bigger scandal, for me, is that the Buhari government allegedly paid $3 million, that is, over a billion naira, for this fraudulent, worthless "award" (see link below). I suspected this was the case from the get-go. I know of another fraudulent award Bukola Saraki received in Atlanta some years ago from some Black American hustlers in Atlanta at the cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars. The "awards" from these shady organizations are NEVER free. Take that to the bank any day.

Snippet from the article: "the award was facilitated by Abike Dabiri-Erewa, the Senior Special Assistant to the president on Foreign Relations & Diaspora through a Ghanaian self acclaimed foreign diplomat, Erieka Bennett. A quick fact-check on Erieka Bennet revealed that She runs a Non Governmental Organization called, Diaspora African Forum based in Accra, Ghana... she uses her influence to facilitate foreign awards for unsuspecting African leaders.

LeadersNG investigations revelaed that Dr. Erieka Bennett was contracted by Abike Dabiri-Erewa to help use her NGO to bring Martin Luther King jr’s family to Nigeria to give President Muhammadu Buhari award. Dr. Erieka Bennett, LeadersNG learned, contacted someone in King’s family, a distant relative of Martin Luther King called Dr. Naomi Barbara after King Center declined earlier request by Bennett to influence an award for a certain African leader.

The award which was paid for by the Nigerian government as part of the ongoing PR stunt to launder president Buhari’s image was not on official portals that was opened strictly to promote the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther king’s assassination."

Think for a moment what one billion naira can do to the lives of poor, vulnerable people in Nigeria. And the government claims to be "fighting" corruption.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by Moukandjo: 3:01pm On Mar 29, 2018
VonTrapp:
Abike!!!!!! This table you're shaking has Baba Buhari on top of it o. suffri suffri dey shake am o
Use this "table shaking" joke intelligently! Don't bastardize it, abeg!
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by bedspread: 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelllo:

[s]Sorry that the government must keep clarifying and explaining simple issues that Igbos and anti-Nigerian elements are too dumb, can't read, understand and comprehend[/s].

Each time I peruse your write up , I see someone who has consciously refused to be Reasonable.....
Awake the conscience in u..... it's begging to be heard

10 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by hippieguy(m): 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2018
When an Award or visit that was supposed to promote you is rather bringing up so much arguments and causing this kind of commotion even from the said donor family, then it speaks volume of the perception of your person. What an embarrassment to both the awarder, the awardee and the entire presidency. They could have just reported it as a private personal initiative of the selected few mentioned there without rubbing the MLK Jnr. family in and making it look like an acclaimed MLK affair. The emphasis of the visit as from MLK Jnr's family was not necessary. It would have spared us all this unnecessary global embarrassment.. Now see all the effort put in trying to control the damage. I cry for this Government.

9 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by Mrchippychappy(m): 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelllo:

Sorry that the government must keep clarifying and explaining simple issues that Igbos and anti-Nigerian elements are too dumb, can't read, understand and comprehend.

Aboki man evening don dey reach, go find charcoal, make suya make we come buy, no be all dis one you dey talk for Nairaland

13 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by Bilanch77: 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2018
your damage control statement is belated..
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by deomelllo: 3:05pm On Mar 29, 2018
enemyofprogress:
The Fraudulent MLK Award for Buhari Cost Over a Billion Naira!

The bigger scandal, for me, is that the Buhari government allegedly paid $3 million, that is, over a billion naira, for this fraudulent, worthless "award" (see link below). I suspected this was the case from the get-go. I know of another fraudulent award Bukola Saraki received in Atlanta some years ago from some Black American hustlers in Atlanta at the cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars. The "awards" from these shady organizations are NEVER free. Take that to the bank any day.

Snippet from the article: "the award was facilitated by Abike Dabiri-Erewa, the Senior Special Assistant to the president on Foreign Relations & Diaspora through a Ghanaian self acclaimed foreign diplomat, Erieka Bennett. A quick fact-check on Erieka Bennet revealed that She runs a Non Governmental Organization called, Diaspora African Forum based in Accra, Ghana... she uses her influence to facilitate foreign awards for unsuspecting African leaders.

LeadersNG investigations revelaed that Dr. Erieka Bennett was contracted by Abike Dabiri-Erewa to help use her NGO to bring Martin Luther King jr’s family to Nigeria to give President Muhammadu Buhari award. Dr. Erieka Bennett, LeadersNG learned, contacted someone in King’s family, a distant relative of Martin Luther King called Dr. Naomi Barbara after King Center declined earlier request by Bennett to influence an award for a certain African leader.

The award which was paid for by the Nigerian government as part of the ongoing PR stunt to launder president Buhari’s image was not on official portals that was opened strictly to promote the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther king’s assassination."

Think for a moment what one billion naira can do to the lives of poor, vulnerable people in Nigeria. And the government claims to be "fighting" corruption.

Den don take lies swear for Igbos....lmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by deomelllo: 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
[s]
Mrchippychappy:

Aboki man evening don dey reach, go find charcoal, make suya make we come buy, no be all dis one you dey talk for Nairaland
[/s]

Stop boring me with your ipob rubbish..
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by introvertedsoul: 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelllo:

Den don take lies swear for Igbos....lmao grin grin grin grin

Mai Suya? You go dey here dey argue politics.
Yinusa go collect all your suya customer.

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by Moukandjo: 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelllo:

Sorry that the government must keep clarifying and explaining simple issues that Igbos and anti-Nigerian elements are too dumb, can't read, understand and comprehend.

My brother, you'll never find a dumber & more deluded set of people anywhere in the world! Those guys are extremely unintelligent!
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by gurunlocker: 3:07pm On Mar 29, 2018
I have been expecting this news. One thing I like about this government is their ability to give a readily made excuse or lie in any given circumstances they find themselves.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by deomelllo: 3:12pm On Mar 29, 2018
introvertedsoul:

Mai Suya? You go dey here dey argue politics.
Yinusa go collect all your suya cutomer.

Silly ipob, learn how to spell.
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by deomelllo: 3:14pm On Mar 29, 2018
Moukandjo:

My brother, you'll never find a dumber & more deluded set of people anywhere in the world! Those guys are extremely unintelligent!

I think there's a manufacturing plant in Nnewi where they manufacture ignorant and unintelligent ipob trolls on a conveyer belt.

If these jokers are the future of biafra, then biafra is doomed
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by deomelllo: 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2018

Sai Presido.
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by jayson87: 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
Special thanks to well meaning Nigerians on nairaland and on twitter for calling out our useless grandstanding president and his crew for spending over N1b of ourNational wealth on buying a fake award.

Posterity will remember today and praise you for speaking up for them

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by fucktoto: 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2018
buhariguy:
Where did Idiotic pigs of Biafra saw lies

illiterate zombie!

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by deomelllo: 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2018
fucktoto:

illiterate zombie!

Funny when ipob zombie call other people zombie...Funny indeed.
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by deomelllo: 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
[s]
jayson87:
Special thanks to well meaning Nigerians on nairaland and on twitter for calling out our useless grandstanding president and his crew for spending over N1b of ourNational wealth on buying a fake award.

Posterity will remember today and praise you for speaking up for them
[/s]

ipob lies and anti-Nigerian nonsense are worthless.
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by VonTrapp: 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2018
Moukandjo:

Use this "table shaking" joke intelligently! Don't bastardize it, abeg!
This Cameroonian gerrara here!! Are u the one that invented the joke? Who are you to determine who and in which format to use the joke? If you don't dig my joke, move on abeg. The people that liked my post apparently understand and dig it ok. Fvck off!!!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by fucktoto: 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2018
[s]
deomelllo:

Funny when ipob zombie call other people zombie...Funny indeed.

[/s]

shut up, abokki. i'm not ipob but i detest APC and foooolani moooslims because they're terrorists and animal rapists.

you just pointed out someone's mistake but turned a blind eye to your fellow zombie's. bloody hypocrite!

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by deomelllo: 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2018
[s]
fucktoto:

shut up, abokki. i'm not ipob but i detest APC and foooolani moooslims because they're terrorists and animal rapists.

you just pointed out someone's mistake but turned a blind eye to your fellow zombie's. bloody hypocrite!
[/s]

Boring ipob rant...
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by fucktoto: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2018
[s]
deomelllo:

Boring ipob rant...
[/s]

butt-pained foooolani head-slamming terrorist. grin

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by fucktoto: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2018
booohari is a gworo-chewing fooolani terrorist. insha allaaauwabaaaa, amin!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by deomelllo: 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2018
[s]
fucktoto:

butt-pained foooolani head-slamming terrorist. ;
[/s]

Sadly for you, the only terrorists in Nigeria are ipob terrorists.
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by SarkinYarki: 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
Corrinthians:
This is embarrassing. Did they swear on Buhari not to sack anyone? angry

Keep supporting a Dullard Ok?

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by VolvoS60(m): 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
grin grin

Damage control after the crumple zone has 'crumpled' and the air bags have deployed. angry

What does the SSA (Dabiri) mean by "The members, led by the Matriarch of MLK, Naomi Barbara King"? undecided

Naomi Barbara King was the late Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr's sister in law. She is the widow of the late civil rights leader's younger brother. She is not the late Rev. King's wife, sister or mother. How the SSA conferred the title of 'matriarch' on her is anybody's guess - although it must be acknowledged that Mrs Naomi King was also a civil rights leader in those difficult times.

This is very poor of the federal government. Very poor. What a waste of time and money. angry

On a related note - why is it that when so many of our failing, ailing governments want some PR burnishing, they turn to prominent African Americans? The Abacha regime did something similar with Carol Moseley Braun. undecided Now this.

Rubbish. undecided

angry angry Just found out that the federal government's statement was signed by Abdul Rahman Balogun, the Special Assistant to Dabiri Erewa (who is Buhari's senior special assistant on foreign and diaspora (sic)).

So the SSA has her own SA. undecided

We are not serious. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by biomedics(m): 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2018
Government of confusion.
Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by fucktoto: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2018
[s]
deomelllo:

Sadly for you, the only terrorists in Nigeria are ipob terrorists.
[/s]

fooolani moooslims, followers of prafet mooohamid, and boko haram are all boooohari agents.

therefore, boooohari is a bloodthirsty moooslim terrorist. insha allaaauwabaaaa, amin.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by jayson87: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

ipob lies and anti-Nigerian nonsense are worthless.
anyone that speaks against Buahri is Ipob. Same as bill gates

1 Like

Re: Presidency Recants On Martin Luther King Awards, Says Plaque Not From Family by linuxuser(m): 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2018
buhariguy:
Where did Idiotic pigs of Biafra see lies
The lie is in giving the public a wrong impression about who gave the fraudulent award. The center said "The award given to President Buhari of Nigeria was not given by The King Center, at the request of The King Center or by the children of #MLK and #CorettaScottKing. Now check the word "The King Center or by the children of #MLK".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Will Be Difficult For PDP To Defeat Buhari In 2019 – Primate Ayodele / Army To Launch Operation Fireball Against Boko Haram / 2019: Atiku Explains Why He Didn’t Perform Under Obasanjo, Speaks On Looting Pub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.