Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? (15284 Views)

Should Abortion Be Legalised?? / I Took Abortion Drug, But Didn't Bleed, Am I Still Pregnant? / Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by echelons(m): 10:43pm On Mar 29, 2018
If only they had aborted Buharia, we would not have even had cause to be in this mess as a country.

YES, Medically advised abortions should be legalized OR abortions that could prevent future disaster.

2 Likes

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by jericco1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 29, 2018
yes please

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2018
1Sharon:

You can't miss what you never had.
Abortion is brutal murder
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Gracespecial101(m): 10:48pm On Mar 29, 2018
Emekus92:
is it a crime against the Law b4. In this country Nigeria abortion is practice everyday even on Sunday my schooling in Edo state told me so

The fact that it is done doesn't make it right
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by feelzie(m): 10:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
yes... no need keeping what u don't want ...no need bringing a baby into the world to suffer... let's look at this way u don't legalize ppu still do it behind d scene n endanger dar lives cos they do it not as professionals.. but legalize it...doctors can take care of that n no harm wud be done....it shud be legalized

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by omocalabar(m): 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
YES....to curb our exploding population., and to reduce children who grew without proper parenting and guardian and this in turn will reduce crime in the society

3 Likes

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by kennymartinz(m): 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2018
capital NOOOOOOO

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by feelzie(m): 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2018
yes... no need keeping what u don't want ...no need bringing a baby into the world to suffer... let's look at this way u don't legalize ppu still do it behind d scene n endanger dar lives cos they do it not as professionals.. but legalize it...doctors can take care of that n no harm wud be done....it shud be legalized ...we Africans attach religious sentiments n morality to alot of issues... u condemn premarital sex...u condemn a whole lot of stuffs ...who d hell made d rules.
.what justifies it being good or being evil...we men set standards for ourselves but we know we can't leave up to all of them... not everybody or all d time we must play by d rules...abortion shud be legalized... av seen married ppu go for abortion... too

3 Likes

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by loomer: 10:54pm On Mar 29, 2018
all you need do is ask for a referendum for the govt.
then with that u know if it should be legalized.

cos 80% Will surely vote NO
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by obinna58(m): 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2018
NOT only abortion gay right, owning gun should be included

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2018
Bibors:
There are issues that should never be rationalised.
We are talking about terminating a human life here.
A life that we cannot phantom how it was created.
Being a single mum is a better situation than terminating a life.
Giving the child to foster parents is a better option than abortion.
Don't kill what you can't create.
Some people would disagree with you that the foetus or embryo has no life hence it cannot be called murder.You think it is easy to keep a child in an orphanage home.Plan for what you want I am pro choice because taking care of a child is more than financial capability it also is emotional,moral,physical and spiritual and such children would be deprived of such in orphanage homes .You are rationalizing two different scenarios single motherhood and abortion to make a point which does not tally at all.

3 Likes

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by akejubaba: 11:00pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by 1Sharon(f): 11:02pm On Mar 29, 2018
Bibors:

Will you give them money to look after the child they don't want?

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Doctormarrvin: 11:03pm On Mar 29, 2018
It's sickening when I see people imitating the whites and some of their irritating laws.For God sake! Use condoms! And birth control pills. Some humans are such devils,no hope in humanity. There's little difference between abortion supporters and sick retardedd fvcks who gouge out the eyes of children or scar them in ways even the devil would frown at. I am going to stop following this thread.

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2018
Doctormarrvin:
It's sickening when I see people imitating the whites and some of their irritating laws.For God sake! Use condoms! And birth control pills. Some humans are such devils,no hope in humanity. There's little difference between abortion supporters and sick retarded fvcks who gouge out the eyes of children or scar them in ways even the devil would frown at. I am going to stop following this thread.
Liberalism and democracy is not irritating.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Doctormarrvin: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Liberalism and democracy is not irritating.
For all their liberalism and democracy,where has it gotten them? How has legalizing abortion contributed to the growth of America?

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2018
Doctormarrvin:
For all their liberalism and democracy,where has it gotten them? How has legalizing abortion contributed to the growth of Americans?
Far places.Abortion is a choice and not by force.It has helped them because who is not ready financially,physically,emotionally e.t.c. Can make a. Choice and not give birth to children who would become a terror to society tomorrow.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by bigsamuell: 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2018
Uncle, why do you kill pest that bugs you...can u create them??
Bibors:

2 Likes

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by ibnchokomah(m): 11:12pm On Mar 29, 2018
A lady should determine if she wants to have her baby or not. I understand most people and their moral views for saying no. Although I respect that, decisions on abortion should be taken by the lady alone and the government should let her do what she wants to do with it. You all think it's only when someone gets pregnant from premarital sex alone is when they consider abortion? That's absolutely not true.

1) The major argument against abortion is "thou shall not kill" we put into consideration the life of the child but do you consider the life of the mother? Thanks to advancements in medical technology, pregnant women can detect before hand if there could be likely complications during childbirth. The probability of a safe delivery with the lives of the mother and child intact. If it is detected that she will have complications which might cost her her life, she should have every right to determine of she'll carry the child to term or not.

Let's use the zika virus as a case study. Some of you must have heard of a US citizen who had to abort because she contacted the zika virus. If she had kept the pregnancy, the child would have faced an unimaginable pain to a point of death. Such a woman should have the right to decide what happens to her body.

2) Abortion is safe. In fact the odds of a successful process is above 95%. So the argument of safety is invalid. It becomes dangerous when people have to go to quacks to carry out the procedure so no one's life is at stake.

3) The argument that you had sex therefore you must keep the baby as a punishment is not rational. Let me explain: let's say poor simbi makes a mistake and haves sex with a Uche whose wooing skills is 100% and Uche runs away upon finding out she's pregnant, living the upkeep of the mother and child to her poor parents. Now our argument is that simbi should bear the consequences. My question however is; What was the child's crime and why should he bear the consequence as well. Simbi should have every right to say that even if she acknowledges her mistake, she doesn't want to bring in a child that'll suffer. It's not as if any of you adopts them anyways.

4) Not only do I believe its should be legalized, I believe it should be funded as well but then broaden it's scope like the case of planned parenthood in the USA. Planned parenthood is broad. They start from teaching basic use of contraceptives and making available such to prevent a case of abortion all together and I must acknowledge their success. Abortion has reduced over the years in the USA. Yes that's a fact. It's not in an increase, it's declining.

I can keep writing and writing but the odds favor it being legalized. Abortion should be the decision of the woman and that's my take.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Grupo(m): 11:14pm On Mar 29, 2018
FortifiedCity:
angry
Would you have been born if your parents aborted you?

And if he hadn't been born, he would have been somewhere crying his eyes out, right?
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Venerable612(m): 11:20pm On Mar 29, 2018
It depends.

Laws are enacted for variety of purposes; two of which is to curb or encourage a state of affair.

If you curb abortion - it discourages people from doing it, for fear of being caught. They intuitively avoid getting pregnant since they know their only option for aborting is through a quack, which may result in death.

If you encourage abortion by enacting law - then intuitively people won’t mind having unsafe sex. They know they will be able to abort legally and safe anyway. Thus, higher abortion rates.... with the inevitable option that aborting females will still die anyway.

So curbing may well be the better of the two evils.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Doctormarrvin: 11:20pm On Mar 29, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Far places.Abortion is a choice and not by force.It has helped them because who is not ready financially,physically,emotionally e.t.c. Can make a. Choice and not give birth to children who would become a terror to society tomorrow.
I see your point. Not all the children will be terrorists or nuisances. I can imagine alot of exceptional geniuses have been aborted too. Kids who would have cured cancer or Aids or make alot of positive impacts on the world. I understand your stance though.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Redblood(m): 11:21pm On Mar 29, 2018
No, because it is against the will of the Almighty God
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by divineappo(m): 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
Strange!
Is abortion a crime in Nigeria, pardon my ignorance oo, can someone answer pls
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Octaves(m): 11:27pm On Mar 29, 2018
Nihao:
Yes yes yes, It is just the reasonable thing government should do to help with the over population.
omocalabar:
YES....to curb our exploding population., and to reduce children who grew without proper parenting and guardian and this in turn will reduce crime in the society
Nihao:
Yes yes yes, It is just the reasonable thing government should do to help with the over population.
no offense but would you kill yourself to help reduce the population.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Octaves(m): 11:30pm On Mar 29, 2018
happney65:
Even though i do not subscribe to abortion,i am Pro-life and i guard against even getting someone pregnant when i am not ready,I am in 100percent in support of it..Girls go for quack abortion every now and then which end up costing them their lives in some cases and inrepreable damages at times..

Anybody that wants to remove a foetus growing in her belle should be able to...Her body,Her Pussy,Her Egg,her whatever
you are anything but prolife. well she can abort her eggs if she wants but once a baby is in formation. it becomes murder. and murder can never be rationalized
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
kimbraa:
Nigerians are such hypocrites. The ones that'll be screaming 'No' would've aided and abetted abortion in one way or the other in secrecy but act all sanctimonious in public. grin

Personally, I think the Nigerian government is deceiving herself 'cause what is termed illegal is highly on the increase so why not just legalise it? Though, I think there are conditions on the code of conduct that supports abortion.

Lol, your first statement is so true.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by piagetskinner(m): 11:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
it shouldn't be legalised in Nigeria....

because sexual practices will increase rapidly...what's stopping some peeps from having sex is the danger of pregnancy, religious views towards it and all that

and you know nigerians..give them a finger and they'll take the whole hand

as for me I am of the opinion that abortion is akin to murder
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Octaves(m): 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2018
ibnchokomah:
A lady should determine if she wants to have her baby or not. I understand most people and their moral views for saying no. Although I respect that, decisions on abortion should be taken by the lady alone and the government should let her do what she wants to do with it. You all think it's only when someone gets pregnant from premarital sex alone is when they consider abortion? That's absolutely not true.

1) The major argument against abortion is "thou shall not kill" we put into consideration the life of the child but do you consider the life of the mother? Thanks to advancements in medical technology, pregnant women can detect before hand if there could be likely complications during childbirth. The probability of a safe delivery with the lives of the mother and child intact. If it is detected that she will have complications which might cost her her life, she should have every right to determine of she'll carry the child to term or not.

Let's use the zika virus as a case study. Some of you must have heard of a US citizen who had to abort because she contacted the zika virus. If she had kept the pregnancy, the child would have faced an unimaginable pain to a point of death. Such a woman should have the right to decide what happens to her body.

2) Abortion is safe. In fact the odds of a successful process is above 95%. So the argument of safety is invalid. It becomes dangerous when people have to go to quacks to carry out the procedure so no one's life is at stake.

3) The argument that you had sex therefore you must keep the baby as a punishment is not rational. Let me explain: let's say poor simbi makes a mistake and haves sex with a Uche whose wooing skills is 100% and Uche runs away upon finding out she's pregnant, living the upkeep of the mother and child to her poor parents. Now our argument is that simbi should bear the consequences. My question however is; What was the child's crime and why should he bear the consequence as well. Simbi should have every right to say that even if she acknowledges her mistake, she doesn't want to bring in a child that'll suffer. It's not as if any of you adopts them anyways.

4) Not only do I believe its should be legalized, I believe it should be funded as well but then broaden it's scope like the case of planned parenthood in the USA. Planned parenthood is broad. They start from teaching basic use of contraceptives and making available such to prevent a case of abortion all together and I must acknowledge their success. Abortion has reduced over the years in the USA. Yes thaft's a fact. It's not in an increase, it's declining.

I can keep writing and writing but the odds favor it being legalized. Abortion should be the decision of the woman and that's my take.
no the odds are not in favor. if simbi allows uche to impregnate her against her parents advice. then she should face the music. that baby may become her meal ticket tomorrow. pregnancies where the health of the 'mother' is at risk are a different question.

FYI: planned parenthood is already being defunded

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Originalsly: 11:45pm On Mar 29, 2018
Is abortion illegal? Abortion carried out by unqualified people doesn't make abortion illegal. If abortion pills are sold legally...doesn't that make abortion legal?.... just saying.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by petenweke: 11:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
Whether you legalize it or not it will continue. The only difference is that criminalizing it makes room for underground surgeries which always leads to dire complications.
So legalize it for public health sake

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Still Wear Face Masks? / Bayelsa Diagnostic Center At Imgbi, Yenogoa (Photos) / COVID-19 Patient Flees Bauchi Isolation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.