Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? (14545 Views)

The Differences Between 4, 6, 8, 12… Cylinders / Order/purchase Ur Tokunbo Engine And Gearboxes / 2009 Toyota Rav4 4 Cylinder Vs 6 Cylinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? by Ipfreely: 10:25am On Mar 30, 2018
heendrix:

AutoJoshNG is the best guy to advice you. nigga been solving people's car worries since 19 BC

Violent eyeroll

The author of this thread has no business blogging about anything, much less about technically inclined subject matter.
Re: What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? by Mrtesso: 10:32am On Mar 30, 2018
diportivo:

technical know-how

availability of parts

the batteries go out after some years....when that happens you need to import.....that's big money

after importing who fixes?

regenerative braking issues can ground the car for life....a case study is a honda accord 05 that I know the owner

In my humble opinion boss, I'm inclined to agree with the "technical know-how" reason u gave. Theres a voluminous owners manual for this vehicles and 80% of car owners especially in Nigeria show a pitiable apathy towards reading books let alone an owners manual. However, beyond that, its quite a simple and interesting system to operate and maintain as long as the basic rules are adhered to.

Its parts are becoming increasingly available, even in Nigeria here (Speaking of basic THS-II components). And we know that as the demand increases, the cost of these components reduce funny enough. It's now possible rebuild and manage battery packs until one can afford a new one.

Thankfully guys are studying and improving their knowledge of the system and are achieving feats in fixing hybrids. And we're getting there. Abstaining from seemingly complex systems isn't the way forward. We'll be faced with these vehicles in the nearest future, whether or not we like it. So the sooner we get acquainted the better.

@ Trygo is good with hybrid vehicles. There are a few other guys improving too. I shall follow suit.

About the Honda Accord hybrid, it's most likely possible unqualified hands tampered with the system. They did same to a 2008 Highlander Hybrid and tried to recalibrate the ABS system. They ruined the entire braking system. Vehicle was fixed. It runs and drives just fine. Agreeably fixing was costly. But the actual cost was for the owners negligence. The parts were just necessary.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? by heendrix(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ipfreely:

Violent eyeroll

The author of this thread has no business blogging about anything, much less about technically inclined subject matter.

only you sabi weytin u dey talk

but as for me abeg

1 Like

Re: What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? by bezimo(m): 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
I have a V6 engine in my ride. The car drinking fuel no be here. I was warned oh..but i didnt listen.
Re: What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? by Nwaohafia1: 6:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
otopxy:
I heard v6 consumes much fuel, please how can d fuel consumption rate be reduced?

Please go and buy Camry or Corolla. You are just a typical Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? by timifakay(m): 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
Naijauto1:
Have you known how they are different? If not, check our article right now!
If you are a car owner, you might have known about the 6-cylinder engine and the V6 engine which has been equipped in most of the cars today. But have you ever questioned that how different they are and what are their own advantages and disadvantages?

Naijauto.com is sure that not all car users know well about this. That is why we write this article to make it [s]clearer and help you have a better understanding of these types of engine[/s].

1. Straight six engine: Advantage and disadvantage

A straight six engine is a kind of engine that includes a straight line of cylinders and all of them face the same way. Because of this arrangement, there is no need for cylinder offset as in the V configuration. A straight six engine [s]doesn’t use double the number of smaller camshafts, it has an overhead camshaft used to close and open its valves[/s]. Accessing the straight six engine’s components is not difficult, making the engine become popular and a favorite of auto mechanics.

A straight six engine is a kind of engine that includes a line of cylinders which are arranged in the same way

Advantage:

The straight six is used largely because of its huge advantage - its balance. Thanks to a good arrangement of its cylinders, the equilibrium of reciprocating forces is created, providing a smooth and powerful engine.

Disadvantage:

The most difficult thing when installing an inline 6 cylinder is that there is not enough space for the gearbox, so it is hard to mount the engine sideways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3XSfVPFM74
The Differences Between V6 and Straight-Six Engines

2. V6 engine

Advantage

The V6 engine is well-known for its compact shape that makes it easier to be mounted and add other parts to the engine like turbochargers.

Disadvantage

Different from the straight six, the V6 engine doesn’t require balancing shafts to counteract the force generated during the car’s motion. If there is no balancing shaft, the engine will run with large vibrations which also cancel out the engine reciprocation’s efficiency. Especially, when the car speeds up, the balance will turn worse.

The V6 has a manufacturing cost because of its counterweight and additional parts. And this engine has a complex structure, which is why you always need consults from professional mechanics as owning a V6 engine.

Although the V6 showcases not fewer disadvantages, it still attracts a number of carmakers today as an outstanding engine.

Although the V6 showcases not fewer disadvantages, it still attracts a number of carmakers today as an outstanding engine

Source: https://naijauto.com/car-buying-and-selling/what-are-differences-between-the-6-cylinder-engine-and-the-v6-engine-238

Opinions, assumptions and guesses.
Re: What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? by EnF1ScL: 11:21am On Mar 31, 2018
What is the difference between yhur legs and yhur joints?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles / 2wd Vs 4wd Vs Awd / These Are 7 Possible Reasons Why Your Car Is Consuming Excess Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.