Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday (13181 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Shedrack777: 7:52am On Mar 30, 2018
kaymical:
individual doctrine project this(I mean church) bhut I my church we do eat mean it all depend on the doctrine of your church
thanks for your reply, but not well answered
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Shedrack777: 7:55am On Mar 30, 2018
nosagold:

According to the Bible, everything is allowed. Don't listen to people who say "don't eat such" or "don't touch". They are rules taught by men. Have you not read that the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof? Colossians 2:21
"ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, EVERYTHING IS ALLOWED" from which book, chapter and verse did you get that from?
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Thugaa: 7:58am On Mar 30, 2018
This is all bullshit. Are we all fools in this country? Christianity from the western world, islam from the north. Now this country is all confused and fighting here and there. Those that gave you religion did it to enslave you. BE WISE. You dont even know what you collected and and believe in. You say you cant do gay, but those that gave you your religion already approve gay marriages in their churhes. BE WISE O YE AFRICANS,NIGERIANS.
Samsimple:
If you are a Christian, and you believe that the Lord Jesus Christ Is the Eternal Son Of God, and that He died for all your sins, then for you, Good Friday is the most sorrowful, the most solemn, and yet, one of the holiest days of the entire year.
Indeed, it is not a day for celebration, it is a day for observing

1. visit your local church.

* For Roman Catholics: There is no mass on Good Friday; however, there is usually a service with Holy Communion. Pray before the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. The Holy Rosary is especially good prayer for Good Friday.

*In addition to Holy Mass, many Churches may also have the Stations of the Cross, which may

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by nosagold(m): 8:00am On Mar 30, 2018
Shedrack777:
"ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, EVERYTHING IS ALLOWED" from which book, chapter and verse did you get that from?

1 Corinthians 10:23
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Robisky001(m): 8:04am On Mar 30, 2018
I hope to be in Church today.
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Robisky001(m): 8:06am On Mar 30, 2018
I hope to be in Church today. Additionally without Good Friday and Easter Sunday no Christianity.
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:31am On Mar 30, 2018
ideology:
Jesus actually died on a Thursday not friday

Three days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, not four days.
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 30, 2018
shakyum:
Unfortunately I might not be able to do any of the following. God have mercy

u don already arrange babe wey u go shag abi...

continue!!! grin grin
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Mosb(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2018
nosagold:

1 Corinthians 10:23
. But baba mi, the thing get something after that na... The Believer’s Freedom
23 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—BUT NOT EVERYTHING IS BENEFICIAL. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive....
Good Morning
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by nosagold(m): 8:57am On Mar 30, 2018
Mosb:
. But baba mi, the thing get something after that na... The Believer’s Freedom
23 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—BUT NOT EVERYTHING IS BENEFICIAL. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive....
Good Morning

Good morning boss, if you continue reading you'll notice it talks about the freedom to eat anything and not be put in bondage by the rules of men. However, it says that if this freedom will make my brother to fall, then I should refrain from it.
We have to read the whole context to understand these things sometimes sir.
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by pablo1759(m): 9:12am On Mar 30, 2018
Shedrack777:
is eating meat truly prohibited on good friday? i need answers pls because that's what i've been taught right from when i was a kid

Stick to what you were taught!
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by shakyum: 9:14am On Mar 30, 2018
Randy91:

u don already arrange babe wey u go shag abi...

continue!!! grin grin

Lolz, shebi na 3 Jesus die nau, We go round up before that time
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 30, 2018
shakyum:

Lolz, shebi na 3 Jesus die nau, We go round up before that time

grin grin grin
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by bobeedee(f): 9:19am On Mar 30, 2018
Shedrack777:
is eating meat truly prohibited on good friday? i need answers pls because that's what i've been taught right from when i was a kid
eating meat or any bloody thing is not a sin on good friday. It is just a solemn act to celebrate jesus death. Some even fast. Just know the essence of this day and celebrate Him( in your own way) for taken such decision to die.
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Mosb(m): 9:56am On Mar 30, 2018
nosagold:

Good morning boss, if you continue reading you'll notice it talks about the freedom to eat anything and not be put in bondage by the rules of men. However, it says that if this freedom will make my brother to fall, then I should refrain from it.
We have to read the whole context to understand these things sometimes sir.
. ", it says that if this freedom will make my brother to fall, then I should refrain from it." Maybe thats why its said, If eating heavily or eating meat will make you forget the reason for today refrain from it.. Just my humble opinion.. Thanks for the update though..
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by aniweta12(m): 10:04am On Mar 30, 2018
Mutemenot:
My name is Friday and I'm good. shocked you can call me goodfriday and present all your gifts cool

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by aniweta12(m): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2018
Mutemenot:
My name is Friday and I'm good. shocked you can call me goodfriday and present all your gifts cool

�lol
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by aniweta12(m): 10:16am On Mar 30, 2018
Avoid sinful act.
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:23am On Mar 30, 2018
swiz123:
Op, you forgot the most important thing which is,

Never eat meat. I'm sure Catholics can relate
I ate egg. hope not a broblem
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:25am On Mar 30, 2018
Thugaa:
This is all bullshit. Are we all fools in this country? Christianity from the western world, islam from the north. Now this country is all confused and fighting here and there. Those that gave you religion did it to enslave you. BE WISE. You dont even know what you collected and and believe in. You say you cant do gay, but those that gave you your religion already approve gay marriages in their churhes. BE WISE O YE AFRICANS,NIGERIANS.
I pity you and your foolishness. Sorry.
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:27am On Mar 30, 2018
lalababy:
keep yourself holy
hello baby, can we get to know u
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by olowobaba10: 10:40am On Mar 30, 2018
AT 3PM OF WHICH TIME ZONE ?
Samsimple:
3. Some people fast on good friday. Some refrain from eating at all while some eat very lightly

4. At 3:00pm if you don't go to mass, stop what you are doing and pray if possible because traditionally jesus died on the cross at that time

i kow some christians here will not celebrate good friday like the step listed above.. Some would rather watch BBnaija all day grin ... How do you intend on spending yours?
SOURCE>> https://m.wikihow.com/Celebrate-Good-Friday

cc. lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by 360command: 11:10am On Mar 30, 2018
olowobaba10:
AT 3PM OF WHICH TIME ZONE ?
Israel �� time zone
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Oxtertee(m): 11:51am On Mar 30, 2018
wunmi590:
This lenten period is probably one of the best for me, because God gave me job on ash Wednesday, so why wont I give him praise.

Proud to be a Roman Catholic.
May his name for ever be praise. Happy for you brother.
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Thugaa: 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Thugaa: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2018
You are the fool here my dear. Only if you could set on a journey to know yourself better, then you will realise how stupid you have been all this while. The universe sings about itself in everyway. But you are blind and deaf my friend.
MetalJigsaw:
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by wunmi590(m): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
Oxtertee:

May his name for ever be praise. Happy for you brother.

Amen. Thanks boss
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by ideology(m): 5:34am On Mar 31, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

Three days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, not four days.

I can show you in the bible too but your counting is wrong

If he died on Friday, Sat makes it day 1, Sunday makes it day 2 and Monday would be the 3rd.

He was crucified on a Thursday, making Friday, day 1

Saturday, day 2 and Sunday, day 3.

A day is 24hours
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Dnaz(m): 7:28am On Mar 31, 2018
ideology:

If he died on Friday, Sat makes it day 1, Sunday makes it day 2 and Monday would be the 3rd.

A day is 24hours
During the time of Jesus . they didn't use the 24 hrs make one day method. Day is day and night is night. Day is counted from sunrise and night counted from sunset. Jesus Said he ll rise on the 3rd day which was Sunday, so 2 days from it is a Friday
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by ideology(m): 10:42am On Mar 31, 2018
Dnaz:

During the time of Jesus . they didn't use the 24 hrs make one day method. Day is day and night is night. Day is counted from sunrise and night counted from sunset. Jesus Said he ll rise on the 3rd day which was Sunday, so 2 days from it is a Friday
error, hours make up sunrise, hours also make up sunset.

Jesus died 6hrs after crucifixion.

No need to argue sha as the day or time he died adds no value to our lives
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Olabenjamen22(m): 11:54am On Mar 31, 2018
ideology:

A day is 24hours

Lol, maybe you forget that there is nothing like calendar or clock during Jesus time, what they use to count date is night and daylight. So if i may ask if he die on Friday, how many days did he die?

Friday, Saturday, Sunday. The scripture said three days not 72 hours ok?
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by ideology(m): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, maybe you forget that there is nothing like calendar or clock during Jesus time, what they use to count date is night and daylight. So if i may ask if he die on Friday, how many days did he die?

Friday, Saturday, Sunday. The scripture said three days not 72 hours ok?

Lol u still don't get it.

If I say today that I will meet you in 3days. Do u start counting from today?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / Do Pastors Fall Sick? / Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.