Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,106 members, 7,852,747 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) (27500 Views)

Naval Officer Smashes A Motorist's Windscreen At Alakija, Lagos (Video, Pictures / CCTV Footage Shows The Moment A Man Stole A Praying Woman's Phone In Church / Ritualists' Den Uncovered In Celle Nica, Lagos. 'Mad' Woman's Phone Call.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 6:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The DPO is right;
This is Nigeria.
A policeman can do whatever he likes and videoing a policeman is an offence.

For all I know,
She was videotaping the policeman's face to send to thugs so that he will be waylaid and hurt.
She should be grateful that they even let her go.

If she wants to video things.
She should go and join NTA or join her church's media team because she won't be so lucky when next she tries video taping a policeman.

Sometimes I wonder if it's illiteracy that brought such comment from a half human half animal or too much affect of codeine. Can you imagine what this animal posted here and his follow idiots hitting like for him.

Really many Nigerians are cowards.
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by DrMuzungu(m): 7:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
Leetunechi:
See what buhari has caused

Buhari must be voted out next year. Like if you agree

I don't like Buhari. However, police was exactly the same under Jonathan, Yar`adua, Obasanjo, so kindly stop being political.

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by petenweke: 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
That's what am saying slowpoke, safety first. You see a uniformed personnel in an act like that will you advise your daughter or your wife to video him? If she had been discreet fine, but she did it so the officer will see her.
And you expect the officer to beg her not to film him?
Eliminate risky hehaviours that compromise your safety and security.
Don't just be a wiseman on Nairaland
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2018
The entire Nigerian Police force needs some training and re-orientation as to what their roles in a civil and true democratic society are. You just don't recruit MOFOS and issue them guns and expect anything good and different to come out of it. Experience, if nothing else, have taught us that you do not do the same thing over and over and expect a different result...that's insanity!

First of all, some of the police recruits might have some mental issues and their psychological profiles would render them unfit to join the force, yet the system allows them. Secondly, some of them have no empathy and they see the citizens that they supposed to serve and protect as the enemy. They view them with disdain and are willing and ready to unleash mayhem on the citizenry with or without provocation.

Furthermore, their poor condition of service vis-a-vis employment benefits and the ill treatment by the government that should cater for their welfare do not help the situation either. These men and women are sent to die and the families that they leave behind in most instances are left to fend for themselves.

So, not until the government restructures the whole force including but not limited to recruitment, welfare benefits [insurance and death benefits], and setting up and independent body comprising of ordinary citizens that would deal with complaints of police brutality and other malfeasance, I am afraid Nigerians would always have to contend with Police brutality.
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by hamer: 8:01pm On Mar 30, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The DPO is right;
This is Nigeria.

For all I know,
She was videotaping the policeman's face to send to thugs so that he will be waylaid and hurt.
She should be grateful that they even let her go. Always negative in all your reasoning. God abego

She should go and join NTA or join her church's media team because she won't be so lucky when next she tries video taping a policeman.
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by ilesanmima(m): 8:01pm On Mar 30, 2018
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

A policeman might be facing disciplinary action after allegedly beating up a woman and smashing her mobile phone. The incident occurred in Dopemu Area of Lagos state.

According to the woman, Anne Bibi, who shared the story online, she was detained for hours after the incident. She posted;

"Inspector Lawal Murtala of the Dopemu division Lagos, Nigeria, beat me up today just because i recorded him beating up an innocent man and was dragged to the police station.

I was detained for hours, and the video forcefully deleted of which unknowing to them, i had already forwarded one successfully to my sister via WhatsApp.

Then my phone was smashed and seized. Imagine going to report an assault by a policeman and i get detained instead saying a policeman can do whatever he likes and that videoing a policeman is an offence.

The dpo, a woman was in full support of the policeman, ordered that i get detained saying i wanted to video to post and she will not let that happen. I was detained from 2pm till 7pm. This is INJUSTICE !!!

The police who should protect us are the ones victimising is and this should change. It is not just fair. We all should say no to police brutality."

I knw someone like you had never found anything good about police befor this unwarranted and unecesary incident. 1..the smashing of your phone is Criminal offence and not civil which must be investigated and be prooven beyond reasonable doubt.. 2..you could Institute a civil action concerning your claimed detention which will eventually fail due to lack of time that could fall wthin unlawful detention.. 24hrs. Your are a fault finder pls. If i were d DPO i would av charged you for conduct likely to d breach of peace.
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by macjurek(m): 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
The Nigeria Police needs a lot of reorientation to meet up the 21st century Police Academy training worldwide.
Also the office an Inspector need to be demoted ,he knows the law but remain crude likewise replace. The demage phone.
For DPO I think she must be a bully, Police Commission teach her the right ways.
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by uvie66: 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2018
You self, you nor get work do, why you dey film olokpa that is going about his "legitimate" duties, are you a human right advocate? If you wanted to record his actions,It should have being done from afar and without his knowledge. Police code of behaviour in training school is totally different from what applies on the street.
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by breadtom: 8:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
The girl in question is my former colleague and a friend, nawah oh. I felt so bad when I read about it online.our police is some thing else I swear!
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by Yankiss(m): 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2018
mikolo80:
are you willing to stand up for the law,the bearings and the morals or do you think it falls from heaven

I am willing dear. I am a living testimony. Those who know me well will attest to that. I cannot condone this infraction if within my sphere of authority. The transgressors will go in for it!
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The DPO is right;
This is Nigeria.

For all I know,

hmm what a waste of that night.
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by lonlytroy(m): 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
Leetunechi:

Fired for good
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
Leetunechi:

By 5% of you
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
trash story
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by olusola200: 10:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The DPO is right;
This is Nigeria.

For all I know,

Fooooools enemy of progress. All the bad police must be flush out including the Dpo
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 12:16am On Mar 31, 2018
He should buy the phone back and get a lawyer against the police. Uniform?
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by mikolo80: 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
Yankiss:

I am willing dear. I am a living testimony. Those who know me well will attest to that. I cannot condone this infraction if within my sphere of authority. The transgressors will go in for it!
if you say so
Re: Police Officer Smashes Woman's Phone In Lagos (Photos) by Emanodimo(m): 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
Well, I appreciate her courage to bring sanity, justice and freedom. I think her experience, will boost more means to do that without being caught.

That the DPO is a woman...@ that moment she has two identity... She ought to forward her name to Feminist group....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Police Arrest Two Chinese Over Illegal E-waste Factory (photo) / Police Arrest, Torture Pregnant Wife, Husband After Court Wedding / EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Yahoo Men In Oyo State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.