Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,295 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? (3036 Views)

Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) / 20-year-old Girl Elected As Lawmaker In UK Election / Poll: If Today Was Election Day, Who Would You Vote For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by Sauron1: 2:11pm On May 07, 2010
eldee:

I heard a woman say the most ignorant thing to me on a train.
She was like . . . 'There are too many of these immigrants in the UK, I hate all of em . . . infact I'm moving to Australia' grin grin

That captures the hypocrisy in one quote.

It's so SAD!!!!
But can you blame them?

I expect Nigerian Government to start regarding Brits/Americans in Nigeria as "Immigrants".
Maybe they will get the message by then. Lets start with the Lars Lagerback. Someone should call him a flaming immigrant. grin cheesy
Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by candylips(m): 2:12pm On May 07, 2010
eldee:

I heard a woman say the most ignorant thing to me on a train.
She was like . . . 'There are too many of these immigrants in the UK, I hate all of em . . . infact I'm moving to Australia' grin grin

That captures the hypocrisy in one quote.

lol very lame indeed grin
Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by eldee(m): 2:24pm On May 07, 2010
~Sauron~:

It's so SAD!!!!
But can you blame them?

I expect Nigerian Government to start regarding Brits/Americans in Nigeria as "Immigrants".
Maybe they will get the message by then. Lets start with the Lars Lagerback. Someone should call him a flaming immigrant. grin cheesy

Over 200,000 British citizens moved out of the UK in one year . . . they are all expatriates grin grin

The racist Brits have always had names for sugar-coating those kinds of things . . .

Robbing and murdering people in Benin City = The Punitive Expedition.
Clearing of Asia and killing people on the way = The Campaign in Asia.
Going to eliminate a whole race of Amerindians = Exploration and discovery of the Americas
grin grin

The names sound so good, you'll think they were there to play cards with them.
Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by EloSela(f): 2:27pm On May 07, 2010
~Sauron~:

I don't see any difference. . . . Maybe you need to look it up.
Who is to say who will return back to their country and who wouldn't?

It's just sheer hypocrisy for the Brits to be termed as expatriates in foreign lands and foreigners are called immigrants here.
U cannot tell me every foreigner in this country ALL have the intention to live on State benefits and not return back to their roots.

That is what i am aiming at.
Expatriates are not necessarily professionals. If a Soho junkie decides to go and stay in Nigeria, he will be described as an expatriate(by the Brits).

Well if they don't return to their countries and seek to be a citizen of their host country then they are immigrants. Happy now?

kadman:

Elo Sela, you didn't vote BNP ? How come ? Big surprise, I thought you were the average s"elf-hating black woman who supported BNP", whom would have promptly kicked you out of the party and out of their country when they won. Guess I was wrong - didn't see that coming.  smiley

Oh so now I am self-hating because I don't like you? Whatever makes you happy.

By the way I voted for the Happening Happy Hippy Party. Was thinking of going for the Rock and Roll looney Party but decided that they were too much like Labour and Britain needs a change so Happening Happy Hippy Party it was. grin grin
Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by Sauron1: 2:42pm On May 07, 2010
eldee:

Over 200,000 British citizens moved out of the UK in one year . . . they are all expatriates grin grin

The racist Brits have always had names for sugar-coating those kinds of things . . .

Robbing and murdering people in Benin City = The Punitive Expedition.
Clearing of Asia and killing people on the way = The Campaign in Asia.
Going to eliminate a whole race of Amerindians = Exploration and discovery of the Americas
grin grin

The names sound so good, you'll think they were there to play cards with them.

You go kill person for here. . . . Abeg, it don do.

EloSela:

Well if they don't return to their countries and seek to be a citizen of their host country then they are immigrants. Happy now?

There are guidelines in place that allow citizenship to be gained by RIGHTS.
If these expatriates/immigrants come into the UK and they seek to be a citizen after meeting the requirements in the UK guidelines then what is the problem?

The laws are there and already in place.
Whether the immigrants/expatriates have found a loop-hole in those laws to stay permanently is a different issue entirely.
The single most important factor is that there's a deliberate hypocrisy to distinguish what the Brits do from what other foreign nationals do.
Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by EloSela(f): 2:47pm On May 07, 2010
@ Sauron
I disagree with your view of expartriates vs immigrants but won't discuss further in this thread.

Back on Topic

So nobody voted for the Pirate Party?
Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by Sauron1: 2:49pm On May 07, 2010
EloSela:

So nobody voted for the Pirate Party?

Which is the Pirate Party? BNP? My beloved party?
Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by EloSela(f): 3:18pm On May 07, 2010
Here is the Pirate Party manifesto.

Short form manifesto
We will give the public the following new rights:

The right to share files provided no money changes hands.
The right to format shift and time shift data.
The right of access to government funded data.
The right to compensation for government data loss.
The right to safely encrypt private data.
The right to apply to a court for compensation where data protection laws have been broken.
The right for constituents to force a by-election.
The right to pay only for the fraction of the claimed broadband speed that an ISP actually delivers.
The right to be a whistleblower.
The right for photographers and filmmakers to go about their business without persecution under anti-terror laws.
The right for disabled people to demand an unrestricted version of DRM protected content where that is necessary to allow them to access it.
We will reform outdated laws:

We will abolish drug patents, replacing them with subsidies.
We will reduce the length of copyright to 10 years.
We will provide exemptions to patent law for non-commercial use, personal study and academic research.
We will introduce system of compulsory patent licensing
We will reform libel law.
We will prohibit the abuse of RIPA powers.
We will remove loopholes in copyright and patent law.

We will protect the public from abuses of new technology:

We will forbid third parties from intercepting or monitoring communication traffic
We will introduce a mandatory warning label on products that include DRM.
We will introduce laws on the acceptable use of CCTV and DNA samples.
We will legislate in favour of net neutrality.
We will introduce stronger data protection laws
We will not allow government censorship of the internet
We will put into action the government's Open Source Action Plan.
We will require the BBC to release all their content under a Creative Commons licence.
We will prevent the BBC from using DRM technology.
We will ensure better computing education in schools.

I should have registered my protest vote with them.
Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by chic2pimp(m): 4:27pm On May 07, 2010
Chei the peeps of Barking dealt Nick Griffin a huge blow grin grin
The scumbag was not elected. Serves him right.
Tbh, I'll have Brown over Cameron everyday of the week.
I voted labour cuz as I see it Brown knows what he is doing however the same can't be said of Cameron.
Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by bioye(m): 4:38pm On May 07, 2010
The count is over for now.  649 constituency results out of 650 returned.  One postponed.

Conservatives: 306
Labour: 258
Liberal Democrats: 57
Others: 28

Thirsk and Malton has been postponed because of the death of UKIP Candidate.
Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by Sauron1: 4:42pm On May 07, 2010
bioye:

The count is over for now.  649 constituency results out of 650 returned.  One postponed.

Conservatives: 306
Labour: 258
Liberal Democrats: 57
Others: 28

Thirsk and Malton has been postponed because of the death of UKIP Candidate.

Disappointed with Labour. . . . .Make i switch channels to Nollywood.
Re: UK Election Day: Who Gets the NID Vote? by chic2pimp(m): 5:20pm On May 07, 2010
~Sauron~:

Disappointed with Labour. . . . .Make i switch channels to Nollywood.
Tbh, Labour had no chance of winning cuz of  Blair's shenanigans.
IMO Dave ain't just the right man to lead the country. He is nothing but a toff who only cares about the upper Middle class folks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

f / Monumental Oil Subsidy Fraud And Corruption At The Nnpc-the Damning Kpmg Report / Achebe Has Pathological Hatred For Yoruba. Said Soyinka Stole His Mandate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.