Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun (7353 Views)

Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments / 10 Dead Judges Among Newly Appointed Election Petition Tribunals’ Members / Photo Of Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, The Newly Appointed DG Of NIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
Stop using the word "Oba" the title of your king is oluwo !!!!!
"Oba" title belongs to Omo n'Oba n'Edo !!!!!!!!

blazhykowskyi:

You are just a foolish idiot. The oba has debunked the fake news .

The waziri is an Iwo man.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
Stop using the word "Oba" the title of your king is oluwo !!!!!
"Oba" title belongs to Omo n'Oba n'Edo !!!!!!!!

Who is this edo wannabe fool?

What's the meaning of oba and omo in your edo language? Idiot.
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
Just go and find out.
The first ooni of ife who copied the title "Oba" replaced the word "sir" in his name with the word "Oba".
This was done during the colonial era and it was done by the same ooni who became prime minister of the western region.
Look for any precolonial photo of a yoruba chief, notice that none of them is referred to as "Oba".
The only king being referred to as Oba in precolonial or even early colonial days is Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
It is a fact that yoruba chiefs copied the title around 80 years ago.
It doesn't make any sense that your chiefs would have an original title such as "oluwo" and then the title Oba just before their names.
Please use your brian !!!
The way yoruba would deny the obvious is really amazing.
This is not rocket science. Your chiefs copied the title Oba from the Edo monarchy, deal with it !
In early colonial era, it would have been "oluwo of iwo, sir akhenbe", but in order to make themselves more relevenat, your chiefs soon replaced the word "sir" with the word "Oba". Which would mean that your chief would call himself "oluwo of iwo, oba akhenbe"
Don't be ashamed, Dahaomey itself copied the Edo name "Benin".

blazhykowskyi:

Who is this edo wannabe fool?

What's the meaning of oba and omo in your edo language? Idiot.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2018
In 80 years time, I forsee your descendents arguing with arabs that the title emire came from iwo and not from the arabian peninsular.
When you use something which belongs to someone else, at least acknowledge it and stop acting as if you actually own it and the real owner is borrowing it from you.
This show of yoruba rascality must stop right now !
Also, someone should write down that the yoruba copied the title "waziri" from the haussa, because I forsee the yoruba claiming they thought it to the haussa in 80 years time.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by obaaderemi: 10:16pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
Just go and find out.
The first ooni of ife who copied the title "Oba" replaced the word "sir" in his name with the word "Oba".
This was done during the colonial era and it was done by the same ooni who became prime minister of the western region.
Look for any precolonial photo of a yoruba chief, notice that none of them is referred to as "Oba".
The only king being referred to as Oba in precolonial or even early colonial days is Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
It doesn't make any sense that your chiefs would have an original title such as "oluwo" and then the title Oba just before their names.
This is not rocket science. Your chiefs copied the title Oba from the Edo monarchy, deal with it !
In early colonial era, it would have been "oluwo of iwo, sir akhenbe", but in order to make themselves more relevenat, your chiefs soon replaced the word "sir" with the word "Oba". Which would mean that your chief would call himself "oluwo of iwo, oba akhenbe"
Don't be shamed, Dahaomey itself copied the Edo name "Benin".

Benin itself is a Yoruba word.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 07, 2018
It seems that when god made yoruba, he forgot to give them a brain.
Do you hear yourselves talk ?

obaaderemi:
Benin itself is a Yoruba word.

5 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by obaaderemi: 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
It seems that when god made yoruba, he forgot to give them a brain.
Do you hear yourselves talk ?

Are you doubting the fact that Benin is a Yoruba word?Yes or no?So I can school you publicly.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
before you continue in your delusion, let me inform you that I am a thirty year old with a masters degree and I am a teacher.
I am an Edo and right from when I was a toddler I have been learning Benin history. Let me guess, you are about to quote wikipedia ?
You guys really lack not only education, but also common sense. How old are you ? 17 or around that age I guess.
Kid, go and get yourself some education instead of believing you can actually teach something. You have nothing in your brain yet.
You read some made up story claiming Benin is a yoruba word and because your learning process is faulty you believed it and thought that that made you an educated person who should be ready to share his education ?! Nope, you are actually an ignorant person whom is just too dumb to realize his ignorance. Let us just hope you will get smarter with time.

obaaderemi:
Are you doubting the fact that Benin is a Yoruba word?Yes or no?So I can school you publicly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
Just go and find out.
Don't be shamed, Dahaomey itself copied the Edo name "Benin".

You have to understand Yoruba language first before spewing thrash. No Yoruba king still have oba as a title.

Oba means king(ruler) in Yoruba language and every king has his own title. Oba is a general name for a king with each king having a specific title. Even God is also referred to as oba.

Example is god. The general name of deities is god with each deity having its name.

The god of iron is ogun
Sango is the god of thunder
Yemoja is the god of the sea.

The fact that you call your king oba gives credence to the fact that your oba is from ile Ife.

Now can you tell me omo is also edo language?

The title of your king is omo n'oba n'Edo which can be translated to omo oba ni Edo = the son of the king(prince) in Edo, meaning your king is a prince from somewhere. Where? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by obaaderemi: 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
before you continue in your delusion, let me inform you that I am a thirty year old with a masters degree and I am a teacher.
I am an Edo and right from when I was a toddler I have been learning Benin history. Let me guess, you are about to quote wikipedia ?
You guys really lack not only education, but also common sense. How old are you ? 17 or around that age I guess.
Kid, go and get yourself some education instead of believing you can actually teach something. You have nothing in your brain yet.
You read some made up story claiming Benin is a yoruba word and because your learning process is faulty you believed it and thought that that made you an educated person who should be ready to share his education ?! Nope, you are actually an ignorant person whom is just too dumb to realize his ignorance. Let us just hope you will get smarter with time.

You've not said anything but hurl angry childish insults like a little girl. Historian, what is the meaning and origin of the name "Bini"?

3 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Reelectbuhari: 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2018
Nonaira3:

Congratulations. Expand your territory Biko. Ain't no shame to your game. I say congrats again.

whenever I see u comment.....we shed tears....

one day south south will fall to fulani....is certain...

we know south east will be very hard to fall.....

but we here are certain that one day south south will fall to us....

prof sagay , payt utomi and others is always on our side....
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by obaaderemi: 10:55pm On Apr 07, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

You have to understand Yoruba language first before spewing thrash. No Yoruba king still have oba as a title.

Oba means king(ruler) in Yoruba language and every king has his own title. Oba is a general for a king with each king having a specific title.

Example is god. The general name of deities is god with each deity having its name.

The god of iron is ogun
Sango is the god of thunder
Yemoja is the god of the sea.

The fact that you call your king oba gives credence to the fact that your oba is from ile Ife.

Now can you tell me omo is also edo language?

The title of your king is omo n'oba n'Edo which can be translated to omo oba ni Edo = the son of the king(prince) in Edo, meaning your king is a prince from somewhere. Where? Your guess is as good as mine.

You dey mind that ibo boy.He is disgracing himself. He is not Bini at all.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 10:55pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:

Is omo also copied from Edo?

Remember you are the first person to quote me and brought up this argument. Oba is as Yoruba as omi.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 10:57pm On Apr 07, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

whenever I see u comment.....we shed tears....

one day south south will fall to fulani....is certain...

we know south east will be very hard to fall.....

but we here are certain that one day south south will fall to us....

prof sagay , payt utomi and others is always on our side....

Lol. An ibo man is now claiming south south and claiming fulani also.

What kind of delusion is this?
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by obaaderemi: 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Is omo also copied from Edo?
"Bini" itself is a Yoruba word.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
obaaderemi:
"Bini" itself is a Yoruba word.

I don't even care about that. But I hate when they claim the word oba is copied from their language. None of them has ever told me if omo in the title of their oba is also copied from their language. When it is very clear the title of their oba is in Yoruba language.
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
God, please grant yoruba brains !
Let me break things down for you in a logical manner.
I like how you just make several claims at once while providing no proof for anyone of them.
I guess you are hoping that I will not pay attention to at least one claim and them you would be able to pretend I agreed with that claim

blazhykowskyi:

Oba means king(ruler) in Yoruba language and every king has his own title

Since when does "Oba" mean King/ruler in yoruba language ?
I could totally make up a word today and then claim it means soup in yoruba language. Languages change according to the time.
Besides languages borrow words from other languages: eg. the british borrowed the words "friend" and "foe" from the vikings.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Reelectbuhari: 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Lol. An ibo man is now claiming south south and claiming fulani also.
What kind of delusion is this?
u are the one that is delusional....
check my name.....Reelectbuhari...
may Allah give u wisdom to understand simplee english.....
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
I like how you just make several claims at once while providing no proof for anyone of them.
I guess you are hoping that I will not pay attention to at least one claim and them you would be able to pretend I agreed with that claim

I could totally make up a word today and then claim it means soup in yoruba language. Languages change according to the time.
Besides languages borrow words from other languages: eg. the british borrowed the words "friend" and "foe" from the vikings.

Since oba is not a Yoruba language according to you. What then do Yorubas call oba (king)?
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 07, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Even God is also referred to as oba.

Omo n'Oba n'Edo is a God King, his ancestors were worshiped, it isn't surprising that yoruba who were under the Benin empire would know the title Oba as that of God !

Please, let us just use pure logics. You have a brain, don't you ?

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

u are the one that is delusional....

check my name.....Reelectbuhari...

may Allah give u wisdom to understand simplee english.....

Lol. Reelectbuhari simply made you a fulani right? See ibo logic.

grin grin grin

You forgot I have engaged you in one thread where you were telling your fellow flat heads to elect buhari so that herdsmen may extend their killings to the SW.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 07, 2018
first of all, there are a lot of villages which your fellow history rewriters have turned into kingdoms.

It seems clear to me that each kingdom had its own title for its king: oluwo, alafin ...
blazhykowskyi:

Since oba is not a Yoruba language according to you. What then do Yorubas call oba (king)?

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Reelectbuhari: 11:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:

the boy is just pure illiterate.....

no sign of standard education

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:

Omo n'Oba n'Edo is a God King, his ancestors were worshiped, it isn't surprising that yoruba who were under the Benin empire would know the title Oba as that of God !

Please, let us just use pure logics. You have a brain, don't you ?

You are even dumber than I thought. It's even more pathetic for someone who claims to have a masters degree.

Tell me when Oyo empire was under Benin.

I'll stop responding to your illiterate bigotry.

Just tell me what Yoruba used to call oba before they copied Benin since you know my language more than me.

You still have not answered that of omo. Was it also copied from Benin? If yes, what was yoruba word for omo before they copied from Benin. Don't bother quoting me if you don't have answers.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Reelectbuhari: 11:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Lol. Reelectbuhari simply made you a fulani right? See ibo logic.

grin grin grin

You forgot I have engaged you in one thread where you were telling your fellow flat heads to elect buhari so that herdsmen may extend their killings to the SW.

maybe not me.....u might hv mistaken me for someone....

u just a product of community secondary school.....

why should I say such when SW is already under the sokoto caliphat

emir of iwo and kwara a typical example

I hv not engaged u b4 pls...

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by obaaderemi: 11:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

I don't even care about that. But I hate when they claim the word oba is copied from their language. None of them has ever told me if omo in the title of their oba is also copied from their language. When it is very clear the title of their oba is in Yoruba language.
Well,I care big time. And that is the reason Oba is a Yoruba word. Omo is a Yoruba word as well. Binis borrowed heavily from the Yorubas.Even their world famous sculpture-making skill was learnt from yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 07, 2018
You are one funny fellow.
Let me break it down for you: I do not work for you !
What in your sick brain makes you thing you can just throw all these claims at me and expect me to respond to all of them at once as if I were a robot working for you ?
blazhykowskyi:

You are even dumber than I thought. It's even more pathetic for someone who claims to have a masters degree.

Tell me when Oyo empire was under Benin.

I'll stop responding to your illiterate bigotry.

Just tell me what Yoruba used to call oba before they copied Benin since you know my language more than me.

You still have not answered that of omo. Was it also copied from Benin? If yes, what was yoruba word for omo before they copied from Benin. Don't bother quoting me if you don't have answers.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
Did we also borrow our blood and breath from yoruba ?
Shall I return my legs to the yoruba from whom I borrowed them ?
obaaderemi:
Well,I care big time. And that is the reason Oba is a Yoruba word. Omo is a Yoruba word as well. Binis borrowed heavily from the Yorubas.Even their world famous sculpture-making skill was learnt from yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
first of all, there are a lot of villages which your fellow history rewriters have turned into kingdoms.

It seems clear to me that each kingdom had its own title for its king: oluwo, alafin ...

What is the general name of king in Yoruba?

Why do Yoruba have oba in their names?

Have you heard of obatala? Obalufon? Obaluwaye?

Are those also copied from Benin?

Keep rubbishing your supposed education. I'm not surprised though, anybody can claim anything on the internet. One osu is claiming fulani and south south here already.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
Did we also borrow our blood and breath from yoruba ?

At least the world know that Benin bear Yoruba names.

Can you also disprove that?

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2018
I fail to see how relevent this question is.
Perharps you should ask yourself if there was any such "general" term for king in precolonial yoruba !
blazhykowskyi:

What is the general name of king in Yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
Once again, I fail to see the relevency of this question.
Also is obama a yoruba ?
He does have Oba in his name, doesn't he ?
blazhykowskyi:

Why do Yoruba have oba in their names?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! / Pictures:mavins Crew, YBNL Nation, Davido Storms APC Rally / PIX: See What Vanguard Newspaper Posted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.