Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun (7352 Views)

Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments / 10 Dead Judges Among Newly Appointed Election Petition Tribunals’ Members / Photo Of Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, The Newly Appointed DG Of NIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 07, 2018
Are we still on the same topic ? Or have you totally lost your mind ?
blazhykowskyi:

At least the world know that Benin bear Yoruba names.

Can you also disprove that?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:19pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
You are one funny fellow.
Let me break it down for you: I do not work for you !
What in your sick brain makes you thing you can just throw all these claims at me and expect me to respond to all of them at once as if I were a robot working for you ?

So you don't have answers to your delusional claims.
You said in one thread that Yoruba started using oba less than 50 years ago. Meanwhile, I know deities, family names who are more than 100 years. You are the one arguing my language with me. A 5 year old kid in Yoruba who has never heard the title of your king will tell you it's meaning.

And since you are a mathematical history, I want you to explain that. If you can't, then STFU.
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
Actually, the title of my King means: the Born King of the Edo.
But just keep saying trash, your people are masters of trash talking.
blazhykowskyi:

The title of your king is omo n'oba n'Edo which can be translated to omo oba ni Edo = the son of the king(prince) in Edo, meaning your king is a prince from somewhere. Where? Your guess is as good as mine.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
Are we still on the same topic ? Or have you totally lost your mind ?

Which topic? You were the one that brought up this topic. I know you are delusional and dumb. Are you also amnesic?
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:22pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
Actually, the title of my King means: the Born King of the Edo.
But just keep saying trash, your people are masters of trash talking.

Lol. Why not the descended king of Edo?

What does omo mean in Edo? Let me guess, born right?

Fool! Edo peeps will be ashamed of you now. Next time you see my moniker, you will learn to run and play with sand.
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by obaaderemi: 11:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
Did we also borrow our blood and breath from yoruba ?
Shall I return my legs to the yoruba from whom I borrowed them ?
You are Ibo. You should be proud of your roots.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2018
Could you take your meds, because you seem to be talking like a person who is out of his senses.
I don't need to answer your questions, nor do I need to have the answers to your questions.
All I need to do is prove each one of my claims.
First of all I do not believe the ooni of ife copied the Oba title less than 50 years ago, indeed he did so in the colonial era. Second of all, your "deities and familly names which are more than 100 years old" are still not proof that your chiefs didn't copy the "Oba" title.

blazhykowskyi:

So you don't have answers to your delusional claims.
You said in one thread that Yoruba started using oba less than 50 years ago. Meanwhile, I know deities, family names who are more than 100 years. You are the one arguing my language with me. A 5 year old kid in Yoruba who has never heard the title of your king will tell you it's meaning.

And since you are a mathematical history, I want you to explain that. If you can't, then STFU.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
Am I having a conversation with an adult or a toddler ?
I didn't understand a word of your mumbojumbo.

blazhykowskyi:

Lol. Why not the descended king of Edo?

What does omo mean in Edo? Let me guess, born right?

Fool! Edo peeps will be ashamed of you now. Next time you see my moniker, you will learn to run and play with sand.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
Are you sure you understand english ?
blazhykowskyi:

Which topic? You were the one that brought up this topic. I know you are delusional and dumb. Are you also amnesic?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

maybe not me.....u might hv mistaken me for someone....

u just a product of community secondary school.....

why should I say such when SW is already under the sokoto caliphat

emir of iwo and kwara a typical example

I hv not engaged u b4 pls...

And the whole ibo land has been conquered. With the people now slaves. The recalcitrant albino that reared his ugly head was summarily executed while the remaining slaves are begging for freedom.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
As usual, I have to repeat myself with you yoruba lots.
The only King who is known to be holding the title "Oba" in precolonial and early colonial days is Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
So rather, it is the fact that your chiefs copied this title which shows that you guys used to be vassals to Benin Kingdom.

blazhykowskyi:

The fact that you call your king oba gives credence to the fact that your oba is from ile Ife.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
Could you take your meds, because you seem to be talking like a person who is out of his senses.
I don't need to answer your questions, nor do I need to have the answers to your questions.
All I need to do is prove each one of my claims.
First of all I do not believe the ooni of ife copied the Oba title less than 50 years ago, indeed he did so in the colonial era. Second of all, your "deities and familly names which are more than 100 years old" are still not proof that your chiefs didn't copy the "Oba" title.

And what proof do you have that your oba was not an Ife prince since his title says he is a prince?
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 07, 2018
First of all, there was never an oyo empire.
There was a small and young oyo kingdom which got defeated by the fulani, end of story.
Now, why did your aalfin go and copy the title "Oba" ? Well, my guess is that he needed relevancy.
Now could we go back to the topic of proving or disproving that the title Oba belongs to "Omo n'Oba n'Edo" ?

blazhykowskyi:

Tell me when Oyo empire was under Benin.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:39pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
As usual, I have to repeat myself with you yoruba lots.
The only King who is known to be holding the title "Oba" in precolonial and early colonial days is Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
So rather, it is the fact that your choefs copied this title which shows that you guys used to be vassals to Benin Kingdom.

Are you this dumb? I have told you that oba is not a king's title in Yoruba land. No king in Yoruba land has oba as a title. Oba is just a general name for a king. If you are a leader in your field, you can be referred to as an oba. E.g obafemi martins was nicknamed obagoal. Meaning King of goals.

How do you pass in school?

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 07, 2018
Once again, the title of the King of the Benin Kingdom is Omo n'Oba n'Edo. And it means the born king of the Edo.
Just look at the types of questions you are asking.
Are you expecting me to do some sort of time travel with a camera and then to film the Oba not coming from ife and then show you the video of the Oba not coming from ife ?
Are you mentally sound ?

blazhykowskyi:

And what proof do you have that your oba was not an Ife prince since his title says he is a prince?

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:44pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
First of all, there was never an oyo empire.
There was a small and young oyo kingdom which got defeated by the fulani, end of story.
Now, why did your aalfin go and copy the title "Oba" ? Well, my guess is that he needed relevancy.
Now could we go back to the topic of proving or disproving that the title Oba belongs to "Omo n'Oba n'Edo" ?

Oh. There was no Oyo empire, only Benin empire right? You said earlier that Yoruba land was under Benin.
What next? The whole yoruba language was borrowed from Benin? What next really?

Is that what they taught you in France? grin grin

I have been wasting my time with an illiterate bigot.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 07, 2018
Why do you tell stupid lies ?

http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/31/call-emir-iwoland-henceforth-oluwo-drops-oba-title/
"Oluwo drops Oba title"
blazhykowskyi:

Are you this dumb? I have told you that oba is not a king's title in Yoruba land. No king in Yoruba land has oba as a title. Oba is just a general name for a king. If you are a leader in your field, you can be referred to as an oba. E.g obafemi martins was nicknamed obagoal. Meaning King of goals.

How do you pass in school?

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:48pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:
Once again, the title of the King of the Benin Kingdom is Omo n'Oba n'Edo. And it means the born king of the Edo.
Just look at the types of questions you are asking.
Are you expecting me to do some sort of time travel with a camera and then to film the Oba not coming from ife and then show you the video of the Oba not coming from ife ?
Are you mentally sound ?

grin grin grin

Your case is more than pathetic and it has become a comedy. You that know the pre-colonial yoruba language, you know there was no Oyo empire contrary to established scholars. You are a new scholar on the board who knows everything including the story of Jesus Christ.

You should be able to tell us how an Ife prince became a king "born" in Benin.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:51pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:

http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/31/call-emir-iwoland-henceforth-oluwo-drops-oba-title/
"Oluwo drops Oba title"

Wow! You are just a product of a failed educational system in Nigeria.

First, the oluwo has debunked the claim.

Second, his title is not oba, but oluwo.

I don't know who is dumber between you and the reporter.

Keep amusing me.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 07, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

grin grin grin

Your case is more than pathetic and it has become a comedy. You that know the pre-colonial yoruba language, you know there was no Oyo empire contrary to established scholars. You are a new scholar on the board who knows everything including the story of Jesus Christ.

You should be able to tell us how an Ife prince became a king "born" in Benin.
Address your lie which I quoted above.
The only thing which ever came out from ife village is a nobody holding the title of ooni, he was artificially turned into somebody by the british during the colonial era. He served the british as a tool. End of story. You are sounding like a troll.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:52pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:

"Oluwo drops Oba title"

To show you how stupid you are. Have you ever heard oba of Iwo or oba of Ife or oba of Oyo?

Answer the questions and tell me if your education is not a waste!
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:

Address your lie which I quoted above.
The only thing which ever came out from ife village is a nobody holding the title of ooni, he was artificially turned into somebody by the british during the colonial era. He served the british as a tool. End of story. You are sunding like a troll.

Which lie did you quote?

You are now contradicting yourself. You said he adopted oba title but you wrote "holding the title of ooni"

I won't respond to your tantrums because you seem to be an ibo trol using the good people of Benin as a front. We know what extent you ibos could go. You will later claim fulani.
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:59pm On Apr 07, 2018
prolog2:

"Oluwo drops Oba title"

You call someone oluwo. But he dropped oba title. So which is the title? Oluwo or oba?

Your problem is you are are not teachable.

1 Like

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 08, 2018
"THE Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi, yesterday, denied changing his title from Oba to Emir"

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/didnt-call-emir-iwo-monarch/

blazhykowskyi:

Wow! You are just a product of a failed educational system in Nigeria.

First, the oluwo has debunked the claim.

Second, his title is not oba, but oluwo.

I don't know who is dumber between you and the reporter.

Keep amusing me.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 08, 2018
You know the people reporting this are yoruba, right ?
You seem to act as if I wrote the article.
It is no fault of mine that when your yoruba chiefs copied the Edo title, you got a little bit confused. This confusion is visible when you guys just say the names and titles of your chiefs.
Do you know where there is no confusion ?
Omo n'Oba n'Edo. In short Oba. Period.

blazhykowskyi:

You call someone oluwo. But he dropped oba title. So which is the title? Oluwo or oba?

Your problem is you are are not teachable.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 12:12am On Apr 08, 2018
prolog2:
You know the people reporting this are yoruba, right ?
You seem to act as if I wrote the article.
It is no fault of mine that when your yoruba chiefs copied the Edo title, you got a little bit confused. This confusion is visible when you guys just say the names and titles of your chiefs.
Do you know where there is no confusion ?
Omo n'Oba n'Edo. In short Oba. Period.

Only an ignoramus who doesn't understand Yoruba will claim oba is a Benin word. Oba has many uses in Yoruba language while it doesn't even have any meaning in Edo.

You are not the only one using Yoruba for your king's title, itshekiri too. Olu and oba are Yoruba words.

Waiting for you to also claim yoruba borrowed olu 80 years ago.

Olu
Omo
Oba
Iye
Ade etc are Yoruba words.

So when did you copied omo in that your oba title?
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 08, 2018
And what exactly tells you it was copied ?
Try and sound reasonable.
blazhykowskyi:

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 12:19am On Apr 08, 2018
prolog2:
And what exactly tells you it was copied ?
Try and sound reasonable.

Because I know my language.
If you don't know the meaning of oba, omo, Ade etc other than it appears in your oba title, shouldn't that tell you it was copied?

Are you sure you actually go to school?
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 08, 2018
Basically, your argument is just shouting ?
That is how you "prove" your claims ?
To shut me up, shouldn't you rather show a precolonial or early colonial photo of a yoruba chief bearing the title "Oba" ?
The very famous pictures of Oba Nogbaisi Ovonramwen have the title "Oba" on them.

blazhykowskyi:

Only an ignoramus who doesn't understand Yoruba will claim oba is a Benin word. Oba has many uses in Yoruba language while it doesn't even have any meaning in Edo.

You are not the only one using Yoruba for your king's title, itshekiri too. Olu and oba are Yoruba words.

Waiting for you to also claim yoruba borrowed olu 80 years ago.

Olu
Omo
Oba
Iye
Ade etc are Yoruba words.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by blazhykowskyi(m): 12:22am On Apr 08, 2018
prolog2:
Basically, your argument is just shoutig ?
That is how you "prove" your claims ?
To shut me up, shouldn't you rather show a precolonial or early colonial photo of a yoruba chief bearing the title "Oba" ?
The very famous pictures of Oba Nogbaisi Ovonramwen have the title "Oba" on them.

Are you serious?

I have told you many times that oba is not a title in Yorubaland. It wasn't and it isn't.

Why are you asking dumb questions?

I told you the meaning. You are the one yet to tell me what omo and oba means in Edo.
Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 08, 2018
As I have told you again and again, languages are not static, they evolve.
For example, the words "friend" and "foe" were not always part of english, they were borrowed from the vikings.
You are not being logical.
I don't see the logics of you believing that the Edo borrowed the word from yoruba.
If one same word is in two different languages, how do you get the guts to say, "those guys must have copied it ?" Where is your proof ?
Even your yorubanized "translation" of Omo n'Oba n'Edo makes no sense, indeed the word Edo is left out !

blazhykowskyi:

Because I know my language.
If you don't know the meaning of oba, omo, Ade etc other than it appears in your oba title, shouldn't that tell you it was copied?

Are you sure you actually go to school?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First & Newly Appointed Awusa Prime Minister Of Iwo Emirate in Osun by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 08, 2018
You talk too much, just show me a precolonial or early colonial picture of a yoruba chief on which the word Oba is mentionned.
blazhykowskyi:

Are you serious?

I have told you many times that oba is not a title in Yorubaland. It wasn't and it isn't.

Why are you asking dumb questions?

I told you the meaning. You are the one yet to tell me what omo and oba means in Edo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arrest Adeleke,you Will Heads To Prison - Court Tell IGP, Others / Lowo Adebiyi: Aregbesola, Oyetola Yet To Reconcile / President Tinubu Assures Nigerians Of Accurate Population Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.