Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,703 members, 7,851,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss (1171 Views)

See The Nonsense I Woke Up To Find At My House Gate *picturéd / Woman Shocked To Discover Her Boyfriend Of Two Years Just Got Married. See His E / Boyfriend Woke His Girlfriend Up With Gifts, Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by deedy111: 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hi guys greetings and happy easter
I am actually worried over this that's why I thought it wise to bring it up here so I could have a better chance of getting the best advice.
Yesterday am sure I went to bed without noticing any hair loss on my head, just to wake up this morning to fine out some small patches of hair(very noticeable) loss on my head.
I have asked few people and neighbours, most of them came up with a particular scary cause and that is "its witches handiwork", while I still doubt this, I believe it should medically explained
Note: am healthy, tested negative to HIV, no sign of sickness physically except prickly rashes suspected to be heat.
So guys/professionals can you please tell a clue of what could be wrong? Thanks in advance
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by deedy111: 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
Please someone say something
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by HerCuteness(f): 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
Wrong section. Post it in health section
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by kola42: 6:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hi,

The most active essential oils for hair growth include rosemary, coconut, lavender, peppermint, chamomile etc

Best Oils for Hair loss
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by UDUJ(m): 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
deedy111:
Hi guys greetings and happy easter
I am actually worried over this that's why I thought it wise to bring it up here so I could have a better chance of getting the best advice.
Yesterday am sure I went to bed without noticing any hair loss on my head, just to wake up this morning to fine out some small patches of hair(very noticeable) loss on my head.
I have asked few people and neighbours, most of them came up with a particular scary cause and that is "its witches handiwork", while I still doubt this, I believe it should medically explained
Note: am healthy, tested negative to HIV, no sign of sickness physically except prickly rashes suspected to be heat.
So guys/professionals can you please tell a clue of what could be wrong? Thanks in advance

Most pre-mature hair loss in men can be blamed on increased stress. While genetics plays a key role in balding, a stressful lifestyle can play havoc. Simple lifestyle changes such as, getting seven hours of sleep, having a glass of water every hour (strands are made up of minerals, which only water can replenish) and eating protein-rich foods at regular intervals can bring about an 80 per cent change.

Nutrition is very vital for hair growth. No other part of the human body grows at the rate of half an inch per month, except bone marrow, so you must feed it. Eat well and see it grow.

The relationship between food and hair is simple. Hair is made up of a protein called keratin. So, it's essential that you include sufficient protein in your diet. A low-protein diet forces your body to save the available protein for other purposes, like rebuilding cells, thus depriving hair of it. Foods like spinach, almonds, walnuts and milk are hair-happy foods. Green tea is effective because it blocks out Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), the hormone that causes hair loss.

Men are not alone. Women are also losing more hair than they did in the past, because a stressful lifestyle is a major reason for hair fall (most especially in high stress countries like Nigeria). Stress is driving their bodies to produce more androgens (male hormones), thereby upping the secretion of the hair loss-causing chemical DHT.

Smoking is also a major cause of hair loss.. The carbon monoxide that you inhale, prevents the blood from transporting oxygen and key nutrients to hair follicles. Nicotine narrows the blood vessels, further stalling fresh hair growth.

While moderate drinkers can hold on to their hair, regular guzzlers are at risk. Alcohol is known to suck the body of its iron supply, impeding absorption of zinc. Booze also causes dehydration, stopping the body from absorbing vital nutrients. Since hair is almost one-fourth water, excessive alcohol will invariably leave it brittle.

A major reason why stress is one of the major causes of hair loss is this: A hair follicle needs energy to grow. Coenzyme Q10, found in whole grains, fish and meat, boosts the scalp's ability to produce energy, especially in a cell's mitochondria or energy factory. Stress causes oxidation, harming Coenzyme Q10 among other anti-oxidants, thereby being one of the major contributors to the list of reasons for hair fall.

Feed hair with the following to prevent hair loss:

Vitamins B3, B5, B9, and E (found in orange, spinach, chicken, fish, broccoli and soya beans)

Zinc (wheat, dairy, oats and egg yolk)

Magnesium (milk, tuna, banana, cashews)

Iron (fish, leafy greens, fortified cereals, and beans)

Massage your hair with hot oil

Heat some oil (preferably coconut oil or almond oil) and slowly massage your scalp using your fingertips. It increases flow of the blood to the hair follicles, enhance the strength of the roots of your hair and condition your scalp.

3 Likes

Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by Ayoemrys(m): 6:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
Someone lose hair overnight and you are here prescribing product,

Are you ok atall?

Op u just go into 3days fasting and prayer to avoid both physical and spiritual catastrophe. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by UDUJ(m): 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ayoemrys:
Someone lose hair overnight and you are here prescribing product,

Are you ok atall?

Op u just go into 3days fasting and prayer to avoid both physical and spiritual catastrophe. Thank you

your only solution is 3 days fasting and prayers. smh undecided. One of the reasons Nigeria never moves forward.

And how dare you steal my meme angry

Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by tee59(f): 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ah! Dat is bad omen. D witches of your family at work. You needs prayer and deliverance asap.
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by doctore212(m): 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
Guy, it is most likely Alopecia Areata. An autoimmune disease. You could Google for more information
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by deedy111: 12:14am On Apr 02, 2018
tee59:
Ah! Dat is bad omen. D witches of your family at work. You needs prayer and deliverance asap.
God forbid
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by deedy111: 12:22am On Apr 02, 2018
doctore212:
Guy, it is most likely Alopecia Areata. An autoimmune disease. You could Google for more information

You made sense, its very close to what am passing through, will check the hospital when I have some cash with me cos its really affecting me psychologically, I'll be keeping afro, just hope it covers it
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by showafrica(m): 3:37am On Apr 02, 2018
Open is also afraid of the rashes on his skin. If you have a doc, go for medical check up if you are sure no be rat chop the hair.
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by deedy111: 7:51am On Apr 02, 2018
showafrica:
Open is also afraid of the rashes on his skin. If you have a doc, go for medical check up if you are sure no be rat chop the hair.
Not rat
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by pleasantplaces: 8:57am On Apr 02, 2018
You are beginning to go bald. Any history of baldness in your family? parents? You should go to a government hospital and see a dermatologist
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by Avedonn: 9:31am On Apr 02, 2018
Hair lost is also symptoms of cancer.
Please go for checkup
Re: Woke Up This Morning To Discover I Have Patches Of Hair Loss by chigoizie7(m): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2018
U get rat as co tenant?

And what did u rub in your hair?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Akwa Ibom Dudes Have Violent Tempers? / Man Who Proposed To His Woman With 6 Rings Explains Why He Did That (Pics) / My Bro's Friend Pre Wedding Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.