Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? (12045 Views)

The True Story Behind St Valentine- Saint Of Love / How To Change My Nairaland Username / 3 Funniest Nairaland Username! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by nicetohave(m): 11:40am On Dec 12, 2005
I think i get it but im not sure...but i think i get it. smiley
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:41am On Dec 12, 2005
Glad to hear that wink
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by Outkast(f): 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2005
well I might sound pessimistic or a downer but whatever. I've always felt like the outcast.
I'm extremely different compared to my siblings, people never used to believe I was from the same family. It took me  awhile to see I was different but in a very unique and favored way and I guess it stuck.
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by dejiolowe: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2005
mine is just my name. simple.

ain't too smart to think about something funky.
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by larger20(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2005
hmm larger_20..Kinda a long story..I have been a sturborn activist type since I was born. I was sturborn to my parents and always argue with them at young age. When the fire was too much on me, I leave the house and come back at night, so my parents have to lock me up anytime they want to leave the house..however this made the situation worse..Now u have known a little about me

"larger" was given to me by my class mates in primary school, I was so smart that people in my class almost worship me. They know my special red bag that I always carry to school. Even from a far distant, they can tell that larger is comming. One day, I was given the permission by the principal to control the school including my classmates. It was easy to deal with people in primary 5-1 but primary 6 students could not obey. So i deviced a funny way to follow them, which is one of my jokes.

I made sure every student was in class then, I tried to organise a comprehension for my classmates. It was during this occasion, when I was trying to teach someone to pronounce "larger lake" from a tortise story....it was well constructed the way our English teacher will pronounce it...so everyone burst into laugh and started calling me larger....some said I am larger than life... becuase i was a child comedian, acting play in church and school etc...

Well the "20" came later when I was gona leave nigeria at the age of 20. I know i will make name for myself when I leave....that was all it. I am actually making it but let me stop here...Since my primary school, I have got a lot of names from diffrent people especially the white men here grin
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by Destiny6(f): 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2005
Mine is just my real name!!!
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by kewe(f): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2005
kewe is the short form for oghenerukewe (which is my name)
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by unleashit(m): 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2005
i graduated for five years without a job;i was thinking of what to do with myself,i woke up one morning and discovered i could think in binary so i decided to go into networking where i realised i could unleash my IT potentials.unleash_it actually means unleashing my IT potentials.
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by Oracle(m): 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2005
ORACLE
is uh well evrybody knows what ORACLE means
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by Renike(f): 6:10am On Dec 13, 2005
mm...just loving the name Renike
not my real name tho
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by spikelord(m): 9:01am On Dec 13, 2005
The name spikelord was given to me by my friends cuz I really am cool on track with my spike shoes on.
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by otokx(m): 9:12am On Dec 13, 2005
nothing
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by bagoma(f): 9:43am On Dec 13, 2005
well, i couldnt come up with anything cool and was quite in a hurry to post(that particular topic was burning inside me then). so i just cooked up bagoma. it sounded strange for a female but i just wanted to get on with the post so i just used it anyway, thinking i'd come round to change it later but it kinda stuck and i think i like it, now.
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by madam: 11:17am On Dec 13, 2005
Well all my friends call me madam... even my husband calls me madam
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by goodguy(m): 11:52am On Dec 13, 2005
Goodguy - Just my personality. A lot of people say I'm nice.

I actually formed the name when I was trying to register on some site. I used the name "shegs" but it had been used, so I thought of something that will entice whoever sees my ID. Hence, goodguy was born. Since then, I use goodguy when registering on any site.
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by HalfIjebu(m): 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2005
Ijebu happens to be a town in Ogun sate...Mum's from Ijebu and Dad's from Lagos.Kool name tho!!!
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by theORAKU(m): 1:50pm On Dec 13, 2005
theORAKU is a funkyfied version of the name i got from my office.
I monitor the ORACLE databases in my office so they all refer to me as the chief priest, the ORACLE.

So i just funkyfied it.
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by FLYBOY(m): 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2005
FLYBOY............Male ...Pilot...nothing to it really
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by IB7(f): 4:03am On Dec 14, 2005
[b][color=#990000]As most of you can already guessed, I.B. is the short form of my real name.
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by theORAKU(m): 1:42pm On Dec 14, 2005
so in short your real name is ibinabo?

am currently in port harcourt and have a neighbour called I.B with real name Ibinano.

kind Regards.
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by Outkast(f): 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2005
it could be ibinabo, ibiere, ibiye,ibiela,ibeneme, i love those names
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by madam: 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2005
or Ibibelokemi
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by lioness(f): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2005
maybe Ibiba
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by cushman(m): 5:43pm On Dec 14, 2005
CUSHMAN: Got it during my secondary school days and named after a very bad character in a James Hardley Chase's novel; TRUSTED LIKE THE FOX. I don't know why i was named after him and my friends didn't tell me. The name followed me till date. cheesy
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by nicetohave(m): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2005
Treason is but trusted like the fox.... does that sound familiar to you?...he he, i still have a copy of the novel, you'd "rent" for a minimal fee to study the xters again? grin
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by cushman(m): 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2005
Yeah, it's sounds damn familiar! i've forgotten most of the story line....cuz it's been long!!! Though the novel is very interesting.

What do you have to say about cushman? grin
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by tibabey(f): 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2005
i think i got tibabey because i was so little and loved peace wen i waz in sec sch. i dont really get into a fight and if i get into a very small one, im very eager to end it that same day. so i waz known as coolbabey but i decided to put the t for titilayo in front instead of cool. not that interestin huh? undecided
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by goodguy(m): 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2005
grin
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by hotangel2(f): 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2005
theORAKU:

so in short your real name is ibinabo?

am currently in port harcourt and have a neighbour called I.B with real name Ibinano.

kind Regards.

I really dunno why i bursted out laughing when i read this post. I am still laughing!!! SOmebody help? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I.B, i think you are wrong in some way. Most people reside in lagos, YES.. But not everyone is from lagos. Besides, hausa's are on here.. there are varities of people here. That why it's kinda fun to read from different perspectives. I think u need to surf the site well, and u'll see wat i mean. It might seem that most people are from the south (yoruba's) because u have the thought that, the owner of the site is a yoruba guy. But if you really look into it.. there r others. Althoughs... most people on here can speak yoruba.

Almost everyone in nigeria can speak yoruba. Cos most people go to lagos alot!
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by IB7(f): 4:31am On Dec 15, 2005
@theORAKU, Outkast, madam & lioness

Best regards,
I.B.
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by larger20(m): 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2005
I.B.:

As most of you can already guessed, I.B. is the short form of my real name.  And I wanted to represent on this website.  To intereact with my fellow nigerians before I lose my nigerian culture if I had not already done so.  I also wanted to represent by using my south south name; PORT HARCOURT precisely.  It's been while since I visited nigeria but I can guessed or recognize the ethnicity attached to some of y'alls names whether real/nicknames; which reminds me of the question I wanted to ask, as a forum topic.  

Before I do, please don't take it personal.  It seems to me at least more than 50% of the folks up in this site are from the south west [nigeria], specifically lagos, nigera.  Am I correct? If so, are there any efforts been done to encourage other "nigerians" to explore this forum?  Sometimes the word just gatto get out there.  Especially with nigerians, besides it's 2005.  I sorta surfed my way through because am intereseted in nigeria and her people.  Am I incorrect? Or it's just an assumption on my part?  If it's just an assumption on my part, then am wrong. 

Best regards,
I.B.

You  r almost there ..most people here are original the igbos, yorubas and river line people like PH  but did not grow up in the east.Mostly Abuja, lagos, ibadan and PH. I grew up in the eastern Igbo region thouhg and I am going back when am done here
Re: What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username? by larger20(m): 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2005
Outcast? diffrent from ur parents? It is not a good thing....maybe either of ur parents did with another guy/girl...... wink
Well if u r diffrent and good then that can be concidered bad act bringing good stuff....sorry but that is where my mind goes...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

OAU AWARD::: A Nairalander (fynestboi) Needs Your Votes / Listen To The Hot New Jingle ALAT Recently Released / 8 Things That Could Ruin Or Frustrate Your Christmas Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.