Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Is Your Offering A Sacrifice ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Your Offering A Sacrifice ? (337 Views)

Use Your Offering Money To Buy Ak47 / God Does Not Need Your Offering, But Your Humility And Obedience / Signs That Your Pastor Has Too Much And Doesn't Need Your Offering - OAP Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Offering A Sacrifice ? by JayKaba(m): 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2018
I was about writing a cheque for offering as I normally do every Sunday when a word dropped into my spirit. Why are you giving God an offering?

Webster dictionary defines offering as “a thing offered, especially as a gift or contribution”. However, in church or bible concept, offering means sacrifice. The word “offering” was first used in the bible (NKJV Gen 4:3) in reference to the sacrifice made by Cain & Abel. It was a sacrifice offered willingly but resulted in the first murder recorded in the bible.

Two major types of offering described in the bible are sin & thanksgiving offerings. Offering is not “seed” as commonly taught by new generation preachers. For a new testament believer, the ultimate and complete offering was made in Christ Jesus. So, why do we continue to make weekly sacrifice to God? God accepts our praises and worship but has no need for our material gifts. Church needs monetary donations to maintain overhead, so every committed member has an obligation to give to his/her church. However, giving to church is not the same as giving to God.

I want to quit giving unknown offering every Sunday. Instead, make donation to my local church and offer thanksgiving with praises. Next time your pastor calls for an offering, be sure he is not calling for a sacrifice. God has no need for your sacrifice.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About This ( Christians Thread Only) / Choices / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/04/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.