Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (69182 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2010
cou-gar:

drop our highest goal scorer against arsenal? not a chance! we drew yesterday because of carrick. i love carrick but he dithers too much on the ball in dangerous spots one time too many. he was the major culprit of the goal we conceded. other than that, united squandered too many chances. park, berbatov, anderson, rooney, etc. i hope they sort that out before arsenal.

I simply dont trust Berbatov and Im done with him obviously I'll support him as long as he wears the man utd shirt but I really cant wait till we get rid. Neither do I trust Carrick and Anderson alone in the middle without either Scholes or Fletcher.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

Ando is playing again now so I'm sure he can pay for a lesson teacher to teach you how to count. tongue

I remember Bayern dealing with Real in the CL group stages some years back yet Real went on to win the trophy. Forget the group stages I say. . . . the real footie starts in the knock out rounds.

^^ You sef remember? Good thing, BTW where did you get your artificial intelligence from? Did the goat donate its grey matter to you? tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2010
Mr_TA:

I simply dont trust Berbatov and Im done with him obviously I'll support him as long as he wears the man utd shirt but I really cant wait till we get rid. Neither do I trust Carrick and Anderson alone in the middle without either Scholes or Fletcher.

berbatov is our best player this season. the only reason fans don't rate him is because of his price-tag and because he plays for man utd. in any other team, berbatov will be worshipped for his creativity. he is a flop, he is the highest goal scorer in the league. above drogba, chamakh, torres, tevez and rooney. what does he have to do to be appreciated?

scholes won't play against arsenal. the boss mentioned it yesterday and fletcher has been a shadow of himself this season. i hope he gets his mojo back. carrick and anderson combination is the best we have for now. depending on what formation we play against the arses, we might play anderson, carrick, fletcher in the midfield or play two out of the three in the middle. personally, we would be too open playing 4-4-2 against the arses

debosky:

Ando is playing again now so I'm sure he can pay for a lesson teacher to teach you how to count.  tongue

I remember Bayern dealing with Real in the CL group stages some years back yet Real went on to win the trophy. Forget the group stages I say. . . . the real footie starts in the knock out rounds.

a team that could surrender cheaply to the likes of braga and co cannot win the champions league. every match counts. uefa grades all the matches and this is why arsenal are now under bayern munich in the uefa rankings. if you get lower than the 8th position, you would lose your opportunity to be seeded in the draws.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2010
cou-gar:

a team that could surrender cheaply to the likes of braga and co cannot win the champions league. every match counts. uefa grades all the matches and this is why arsenal are now under bayern munich in the uefa rankings. if you get lower than the 8th position, you would lose your opportunity to be seeded in the draws.

More hot air. . . like I said, forget the group stages and focus on the knock out rounds. Losing two games will do less harm than winning in the knock out stages.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

More hot air. . . like I said, forget the group stages and focus on the knock out rounds. Losing two games will do less harm than winning in the knock out stages.

if you could lose to minnows in the group stage, what chance have you got against the giants in the knock-out stages? it seems you skipped logic classes in your university.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ritchboy(m): 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2010
Berbatov probably won't start on Monday. . . Fergie doesnt have the balls to play 2 up top against Wengers men grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2010
cou-gar:

if you could lose to minnows in the group stage, what chance have you got against the giants in the knock-out stages? it seems you skipped logic classes in your university.

Barca lost to Shakhtar in 08/09 and won the trophy. Milan lost to Lille and Anderlecht in 06/07 and won the trophy.

It seems you left the remnants of your brain in university.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

Barca lost to Shakhtar in 08/09 and won the trophy. Milan lost to Lille and Anderlecht in 06/07 and won the trophy.

i was expecting this type of prattle. are arsenal now barcelona or ac milan? grin barca losing to shakhtar is an anomaly. same as milan in 06/07. a team that has never won the european trophy don't have the same pedigree as barcelona or ac milan. arsenal losing to braga and the likes ain't anomaly. it's the measure of your strength. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2010
^^ Time will tell. . . .for all the 'pedigree' of Milan, we dispatched them with ease shortly after their victory, so don't overplay the relevance of pedigree.

Like I said, let's see what happens on the pitch.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

^^ Time will tell. . . .for all the 'pedigree' of Milan, we dispatched them with ease shortly after their victory, so don't overplay the relevance of pedigree.

Like I said, let's see what happens on the pitch.

that result is also an anomaly for milan. they have won the champions league 7 times so even if enyimba beats milan, the result will always be an anomaly. but in arsenal's case, you have to win the trophy first before we start saying your result against braga is abnormal. do you get the logic now?
when a bright student gets an "f" - it's an anomaly. when a poor student gets an "f" - it's expected. i hope you can now discern the difference between barca/milan case and arsenal's case. see why i said you skipped logic classes in your owo polytechnic? grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2010
I think the mangoes must've dropped and damaged your cranium when you had lessons under the mango tree. grin

Who is debating with you about 'anomalies' or 'exceptions'?

You made a crass statement that 'a team' that surrenders to minnows cannot win the champions league. That has been disproved with two recent examples. End of story.

Unfortunately Abe Igi grammar school doesn't offer refunds so your money has gone to waste. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

I think the mangoes must've dropped and damaged your cranium when you had lessons under the mango tree. grin

Who is debating with you about 'anomalies' or 'exceptions'?

You made a crass statement that 'a team' that surrenders to minnows cannot win the champions league. That has been disproved with two recent examples. End of story.

Unfortunately Abe Igi grammar school doesn't offer refunds so your money has gone to waste. grin grin

and i have proven surrendering to minnows in the group stages have different tones - one could be an anomaly while the other could be true capability of the team. in the examples you highlighted, it was anomaly. in arsenal's case this season - it's the true measure of your strength.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 3:12pm On Dec 08, 2010
^^ You can't reach that conclusion till the season ends or Arsenal is knocked out - capsice?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

^^ You can't reach that conclusion till the season ends or Arsenal is knocked out - capsice?

what pedigree have arsenal got in the champions league to claim losing to braga was an anomaly? let's debate like smart analysts now.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2010
cou-gar:

what pedigree have arsenal got in the champions league to claim losing to braga was an anomaly? let's debate like smart analysts now.

The fact that Arsenal mauled Braga 6-0 should be enough of an indicator.

Going back to the loss to Braga, it only happened after dubious refereeing decisions to deny Arsenal a stonewall penalty, refusal to send off Braga players for heinous tackling resulting in an injury to a defender leaving Arsenal with 10 men.

If those three factors all coming together in the same game isn't an anomaly then I don't know what is.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

Going back to the loss to Braga, it only happened after dubious refereeing decisions to deny Arsenal a stonewall penalty, refusal to send off Braga players for heinous tackling resulting in an injury to a defender leaving Arsenal with 10 men.

If those three factors all coming together in the same game isn't an anomaly then I don't know what is.

what about losing to shakhtar? dubious decisions and it left arsenal with 10 men too?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2010
One loss is permissible in UCL group games - there's no rule that says you must win all your group games before you have pedigree to win the tournament.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

One loss is permissible in UCL group games - there's no rule that says you must win all your group games before you have pedigree to win the tournament.

but arsenal have lost twice in the group stage - is that permissible? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

Dobo,

You are one of the dangers of adult education.

Pls when did Milan lose to Anderlecht and what was the scoreline?

Secondly Milan has already qualified as group leaders by the time they played Lille, everyone knows teams dont take those games serious unlike Lille who needed the win.

Just like barcelona losing to Shaktar in an inconsequential group game

Assanal on the other hand are yet to qualify when they lost 2 back to back games, By the end of today, they might end up group winners, second or even in Europa league.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Dobo,

Secondly Milan has already qualified as group leaders by the time they played Lille, everyone knows teams dont take those games serious unlike Lille who needed the win.

Just like barcelona losing to Shaktar in an inconsequential group game

Assanal on the other hand are yet to qualify when they lost 2 back to back games, By the end of today, they might end up group winners, second or even in Europa league.

dayokanu, i have to mention this even if it kills me. i don't like the way you strike ur dagger in debo's fragile neck. debo is a gentleman who loves his club with his heart and soul. tread gently when dealing with debo. leave the fatality moves till the end, not at the start otherwise debo will stop posting on the forum.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

That Arsenal won Braga(Playing CL football for the first time in history) is enough indication?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 08, 2010
^^^^^
There the doofus comes again,misinforming everybody that cares to be mis-informed.
Now he will blame his usual gaffe on something messing with his small head.
The games he mentioned were highly unnecessary and important. . .Milan and Barca had qualified long ago. . .unlike Arsenal . . .
Please ignore the sewing-machine logic abeg. . .
What can you expect from a Gunner fan with an IQ equivalent to a developing foetus?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2010
cou-gar:

dayokanu, i have to mention this even if it kills me. i don't like the way you strike your dagger in debo's fragile neck. debo is a gentleman who loves his club with his heart and soul. tread gently when dealing with debo. leave the fatality moves till the end, not at the start otherwise debo will stop posting on the forum.

Ok I apologize.

Dobo is still one of the GAYYners on this forum who still have some brain droplet in his skull even if it was gotten from the goat he has been breeding with.

Ok Dobo. I am sorry, Next time dont bring a knife to a gunfight

Lets assume and agree for the sake of this discussion Anderlecht beat Milan, Babanawa beat Barcelona and Afonja warriors beat Man Utd (Even if it was on xbox360).

Continue!! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Ok I apologize.

Dobo is still one of the GAYYners on this forum who still have some brain droplet in his skull even if it was gotten from the goat he has been breeding with.

Ok Dobo. I am sorry, Next time dont bring a knife to a gunfight

Lets assume and agree for the sake of this discussion Anderlecht beat Milan, Babanawa beat Barcelona and Afonja warriors beat Man Utd (Even if it was on xbox360).

Continue!! grin

grin grin grin grin grin
debo, do you accept dayo's one thousand apologies or not? come on debo, prove to us you ain't a doofus! tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2010
dayokanu:

That Arsenal won Braga(Playing CL football for the first time in history) is enough indication?

Let's not get tied up in knots here. . . .if Arsenal can beat Braga 6-0, then a 2-0 defeat is an anomaly in my opinion. Whether that is 'enough' indication is a different matter altogether - what would be 'enough' for you? 10 6-0 defeats followed by one 2-0 defeat? I don't know.

If we are to talk 'pedigree', the fact that Arsenal is a seeded team in the UCL is enough of an indication to show that the Braga defeat was an anomaly, coupled with Braga's final position in the group table.

cou-gar:

but arsenal have lost twice in the group stage - is that permissible? grin

If one of the losses was an anomaly then it is permissible. grin

dayokanu:

Dobo,

My mistake, they lost to AEK Athens, an even smaller team 1-0.  tongue

Regarding the 'timing' of the losses, one could also argue that Arsenal 'knew' that they only needed to win their home game against Partizan to go through, therefore could afford the luxury of losing 'inconsequential' games away from home.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2010
OMG What have I done. cry cry shocked shocked

Debo has gone to hide?

Abeg who help me see Debo, I dont want blood on my hands, My conscience would trouble me for the rest of my life if something bad happens to Debo.

Pls hide all ropes, nooses, Knifes and even razor blade from him.

Debo you are right all along, Pls come back

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

Let's not get tied up in knots here. . . .if Arsenal can beat Braga 6-0, then a 2-0 defeat is an anomaly in my opinion. Whether that is 'enough' indication is a different matter altogether - what would be 'enough' for you? 10 6-0 defeats followed by one 2-0 defeat? I don't know.

If we are to talk 'pedigree', the fact that Arsenal is a seeded team in the UCL is enough of an indication to show that the Braga defeat was an anomaly, coupled with Braga's final position in the group table.

i don't think it's an anomaly, arsenal remain the only english club yet to win in portugal so i wasn't surprised when y'all lost.

If one of the losses was an anomaly then it is permissible. grin

read above!

Regarding the 'timing' of the losses, one could also argue that Arsenal 'knew' that they only needed to win their home game against Partizan to go through, therefore could afford the luxury of losing 'inconsequential' games away from home.

by the same token, braga also 'knew' that they were always going to beat arsenal in portugal so the game at the emirates was thrown away.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

Glad you are back, I was about turning myself to the police for involuntary manslaughter.

What are you talking about here?

Milan topped their group from the first day till the end of the groupstages. They could afford to lose their last 2 group games and still qualify.

ANyone following CL football would know this was something peculiar with Milan under Ancelotti Win their early group games and relax in the last games.

But as at today, Last matchday, Arsenal is not guaranteed of qualification for the next round. so where is the Logic?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2010
cou-gar:

i don't think it's an anomaly, arsenal remain the only english club yet to win in portugal so i wasn't surprised when y'all lost.

That's a different argument altogether - not winning in Portugal is one thing, claiming a loss in Portugal equals not winning the CL is another.

by the same token, braga also 'knew' that they were always going to beat arsenal in portugal so the game at the emirates was thrown away.

For what benefit? This will only hold if Braga qualify for the knock out stages - we will know with certainty at 9:45pm.

dayokanu:

Glad you are back, I was about turning myself to the police for involuntary manslaughter.

What are you talking about here?

Milan topped their group from the first day till the end of the groupstages. They could afford to lose their last 2 group games and still qualify.

ANyone following CL football would know this was something peculiar with Milan under Ancelotti Win their early group games and relax in the last games.

But as at today, Last matchday, Arsenal is not guaranteed of qualification for the next round. so where is the Logic?

Firstly - there are no prizes for qualifying before the last group games - two losses equals two losses.

The logic is very clear - Arsenal could also have 'relaxed' for their away games, knowing a win in the final home game coupled with the earlier win in Belgrade will be sufficient for qualification.

In fact, it wasn't a case of could have, they did - many first team players were rested for both trips.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2010
debosky:

That's a different argument altogether - not winning in Portugal is one thing, claiming a loss in Portugal equals not winning the CL is another.

okay then - let me be the first to break the news to you. arsenal will not win the champions league this year. you can quote this anytime, anywhere.

For what benefit? This will only hold if Braga qualify for the knock out stages - we will know with certainty at 9:45pm.

let's wait and see.

dayokanu:

i agree with this. this is not only peculiar to milan. alex ferguson does this too. he sent a bunch of teenagers to fernabache one season and they lost 3-0 with tuncay sanli scoring a hatrick. he attempted it against maccabi haifa too and yakubu aiyegbeni bagged his hatrick. big teams do this time after time when qualification has been guaranteed. arsenal couldn't have guaranteed qualification when they lost to shakhtar and braga. debosky is only talking a good game here. this is not the arsenal thread where debo can fool his gaynner comrades. intellectuals plenty for here. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2010
Debo can you now take all you have learnt today and teach it to fellow GAYYners on your thread and stop embarrassing the football community
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by cougar1: 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Debo can you now take all you have learnt today and teach it to fellow GAYYners on your thread and stop embarrassing the football community

you don't know him. he will be back to tell you samir nasri is better than arjen robben. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

UCL: Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint Germain (3 - 1) On 14th February 2018 / Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Champions League Group Stage Draw On 27th August 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.