Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,165 members, 7,867,385 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

The Painful Gain - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Painful Gain (312 Views)

4 Painful Truths About Life That No One Will Tell You / Painful Exit; Asup Chairman of Delta Polytechnic Ozoro in a fatal motor accident / What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Painful Gain by BalogunIdowu(m): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
EPISODE 2TWO

Ajadi, Ajadi Ajadi!!!
Mama Ajasa called kunle's brother from inside. He is called Ajasa at home but he prefers kunle when he got to Lagos. She adopted this traditional names for her children from the man who raised her. He liked such names and he used to wish he'll name any of the children from the orphans he is caring for if he was still alive by then. She is seated outside roasting cassava to make garri (cassava flakes) so Ajadi can take to the market before he goes to his work to the traders who would sell and send across her share. While she continued to roast, suddenly few tears find their way down her cheeks not because of the smoke from the wood fuel for her body is used to that already. Here we are talking about years of roasting cassava which she can do perfectly even when blindfolded. Almost suddenly she begins to whimper as the thoughts that revealed her painful past got deeper.

Soon Ajadi comes out seeing his mother in this state that often overtakes her once in a blue moon. "Mama mi, mama mi, mama mi" (my mother, my mother, my mother) he said using his dry and hard palm to rub off her tears. "You have started again, please stop" he said calmly. I understand how you feel and God is in control of our affairs. Mama Ajadi went in retrospect while trying to control her tears. And she started, the only true love i have ever known was your father, "Biodun". He was the only true person I had known since i ran away from the orphanage home because of the mismanagement after the owner, "Baba awon Omo" (father of children) as he is fondly called died. I think he died with the good intentions he had setting up the place she said. For his families and relatives didn't wait for the news of his death before their started inheritance palava (problem). Aiye ma nika o (what a wicked world), she muttered.

Incase you missed EPISODE 1ONE, EPISODE 2TWO is also out and you can see both https://balogunidowu./stories/

(1) (Reply)

How To Get High Grade In Your 2018 Waec Exams Thread / Visit Here For Online Anaplan Training By Experts / Printing Jamb Result Slip For 2016, I Need Help Guys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.