Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,520 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 (39563 Views)

Winnie Mandela Braiding Zolek, Granddaughter's Hair- Now She's Bald from Cancer / John Mccain, Senator And Former Presidential Candidate, Dies At 81 / South Africa Buries Nelson Mandela's Wife, Winnie Mandela Today Aimed Tears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 8:47am On Apr 03, 2018
Mzansian:

My point exactly.

Lol@ the last part.
lets be realistic,there is more to it than just infidelity.
there should be some sort of conspiracy.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Mzansian(f): 8:49am On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

lets be realistic,there is more to it than just infidelity.
there should be some sort of conspiracy.

Yup.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 8:50am On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

It started well in the beginning. I'd say we had an "understanding" with the whites. "Friendships" were formed & when there was a disagreement with other groups, we foolishly provided muscle for them. Eg. The Ciskei Xhosa would help the whites to fight the Transkei Xhosa & vice versa, just to settle old scores etc. Even when the Boers fought the English, we fought with them.There's no war fought in South Africa without the blacks involved, whether it was whites vs. whites or whites vs. blacks. In other words, we got played. Our weakness (division within the tribes) was used against us. Our tribalism was not Zulu vs. Xhosa, it was more about internal squabbles within each tribe. We betrayed each other & got fùcked in the process. A very good lesson we learned, the hard way.
okay i see,where the other tribes having the same issues.
where there fights between the whites?
boers and english?
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 8:52am On Apr 03, 2018
Mzansian:

Yup.
her reward for being his special agent for 27years was a divorce.
we live and learn.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 8:58am On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

okay i see,where the other tribes having the same issues.
where there fights between the whites?
boers and english?

Yes, other tribes also had their internal conflicts as well. Look at it this way: personally I think it's human nature not to get along, as long as you live together as people. When you don't have a common enemy, you quarrel & bicker with each other. Pettiness. That's what that was about.

Yes, the Boere hate the English & vice versa. They're still silently beefing each other until now because of things of the past. Read up on the Anglo/Boer war.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 9:07am On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Yes, other tribes also had their internal conflicts as well. Look at it this way: personally I think it's human nature not to get along, as long as you live together as people. When you don't have a common enemy, you quarrel & bicker with each other. Pettiness. That's what that was about.

Yes, the Boere hate the English & vice versa. They're still silently beefing each other until now because of things of the past. Read up on the but Anglo/Boer war.
Okay
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Mzansian(f): 9:10am On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

her reward for being his special agent for 27years was a divorce.
we live and learn.

That's one of his decisions I disagreed with , but it was a personal decision at the end of the day and had nothing to do with the nation. As citizens we never divorced her , she was given the the title " mother of the nation " , because that's what she was till she died.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 10:45am On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Yes, the Boere hate the English & vice versa. They're still silently beefing each other until now because of things of the past. Read up on the Anglo/Boer war.
two wars between the english and boer, despite the facts that there was an agreement that it should be a white man war.the both sides still employed the blacks to help out in the war. quite interesting to know that the richest gold deposit was found in witwatersrand and the boer got independent from the british and started the apartheid.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 10:49am On Apr 03, 2018
Mzansian:

That's one of his decisions I disagreed with , but it was a personal decision at the end of the day and had nothing to do with the nation. As citizens we never divorced her , she was given the the title " mother of the nation " , because that's what she was till she died.
yeah its a personal decision and he has a right to his life and home.
she was a strong tigress if not she would have longed died of heart attack/failure.
madiba wasn't a saint and was the leader of the ANC youth group which was violent and one time tagged a terrorist group. she was just a victim of circumstance.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

two wars between the english and boer, despite the facts that there was an agreement that it should be a white man war.the both sides still employed the blacks to help out in the war. quite interesting to know that the richest gold deposit was found in witwatersrand and the boer got independent from the british and started the apartheid.

Yes because hurt people hurt people. They were oppressed by the English, so they turned around to oppress blacks. An English journalist at the time wrote an unflattering article about them, calling them mongrels amongst other things. The English felt superior to the Boers.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 11:29am On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Yes because hurt people hurt people. They were oppressed by the English, so they turned around to oppress blacks. An English journalist at the time wrote an unflattering article about them, calling them mongrels amongst other things. The English felt superior to the Boers.
South african apertheid history is quite complex and interesting. Oppresion upon oppresion. From the british to the boer then blacks.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by enemyofprogress: 11:56am On Apr 03, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
smh
no let your head fall comot for your neck o grin grin tongue
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 12:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

South african apertheid history is quite complex and interesting. Oppresion upon oppresion. From the british to the boer then blacks.

Yeah. There's blood over the land. No-one wanted to give up power. After all, South Africa is a beautiful country, naturally. They always threaten to leave. Some do leave, but I hear they don't do well in their adoptive countries, they miss home. They're just waiting for the dust to settle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9rT45N2JgY
[url][/url]
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 12:54pm On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Yeah. There's blood over the land. No-one wanted to give up power. After all, South Africa is a beautiful country, naturally. They always threaten to leave. Some do leave, but I hear they don't do well in their adoptive countries, they miss home. They're just waiting for the dust to settle.
True be told SA is a beauty country landscape, wheather and structures. The bride of the continet.
Whats your stake on julius malema and the land issues?
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

True be told SA is a beauty country landscape, wheather and structures. The bride of the continet.
Whats your stake on julius malema and the land issues?

I have no real thoughts about it.

As a person I don't like him.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9rT45N2JgY
[url][/url]
Quite interesting and intriguing documentary, they are stuck in a fix. There home is SA but left because of their skin, even if they trace their ancestral home which their great grand father told them about they would still live like strangers there because they arent a citizen of there. Since the whites in south do have conflict (anglo and british) then the blacks have an upper hand. Just like the african americans. The black SAn where lucky, they would have lost their home like the red indians in america. Thanks for the nugget of history knowledge you made me get.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

Quite interesting and intriguing documentary, they are stuck in a fix. There home is SA but left because of their skin, even if they trace their ancestral home which their great grand father told them about they would still live like strangers there because they arent a citizen of there. Since the whites in south do have conflict (anglo and british) then the blacks have an upper hand. Just like the african americans. The black SAn where lucky, they would have lost their home like the red indians in america. Thanks for the nugget of history knowledge you made me get.

Pleasure.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by KINGOFJAPAN: 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

White hating on white is kinda funny
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Horus(m): 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hokdgX1hBh4

Soweto sings struggle songs in remembrance of Mama Winnie Mandela
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Tunks2017(m): 9:14pm On Apr 03, 2018
Rest well ma...
What a great woman of virtue she was.......
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by NwaJozi: 9:12am On Apr 04, 2018
I Love South Africa, forever gratefull to God for taking Me here, just looking for a nice Southy girl to marry now

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by LeSudAfricaine: 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
KINGOFJAPAN:

White hating on white is kinda funny
it happens around the world though the slavs don't like the croats etc

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
It's basically human nature.Light skin Indians also don't hold the darker ones in high regard.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by LeSudAfricaine: 2:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
Jayceon:
It's basically human nature.Light skin Indians also don't hold the darker ones in high regard.
exactly
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:

They're still at it grin Saw this right now lol.

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Horus(m): 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5GvKUolvN8

Winnie Mandela should have been president, says Julius Malema

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by KINGOFJAPAN: 6:41am On Apr 05, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
im not naive, i know i happens . Just find it funny is all
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Mzansian(f): 8:48am On Apr 05, 2018
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5GvKUolvN8

Winnie Mandela should have been president, says Julius Malema

I kinda agree with him on this one. She had it all , and she was nolonger that angry and irrational ,when they decided to betray her.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 9:41am On Apr 05, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I have no real thoughts about it.

As a person I don't like him.
The best thing that would happen to SAn is to never allow julius malema to rule SA unless Zimbabwe would be better than SA.
He would chase alot of investors out of the country and also scare away potential forthcoming investors.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 10:04am On Apr 05, 2018
Zuluhead:

The best thing that would happen to SAn is to never allow julius malema to rule SA unless Zimbabwe would be better than SA.
He would chase alot of investors out of the country and also scare away potential forthcoming investors.

That's why we have different parties with members with different opinions. People change parties all the time once they've outgrown whatever message the party preaches. Even if he rules South Africa, South Africans are not docile, he'll be called out when he steps out of line. Zuma was once a people's favourite too, remember that. If South Africa does become another Zimbabwe in terms of leadership, we'll never be another Zimbabwe in terms of fighting for our rights because we're NOT Zimbabweans, we're South Africans! We'll flip on you like a gymnast. We've got centuries to practice. A black dictator will face the wrath of the people. South Africans know how to take care of themselves, that you must know!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Not Attend The Inauguration - Donald Trump / Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" / Hun Sen, Cambodian PM Orders All US Weapons Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.