Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,400 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 (39538 Views)

Winnie Mandela Braiding Zolek, Granddaughter's Hair- Now She's Bald from Cancer / John Mccain, Senator And Former Presidential Candidate, Dies At 81 / South Africa Buries Nelson Mandela's Wife, Winnie Mandela Today Aimed Tears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by rasputinn(m): 6:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
The elegant amazon.A true warrior, a shame Mandela was too short sighted and self conceited to forgive her of whatever wrongdoings, well they will now both have to settle their differences on the other side
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
XhosaNostra:
RIP Mama Winnie, our true mother of the nation. You will be sorely missed for your contribution & the sacrifices you made all in the name of The Struggle. We're here today because you paved the way. May your legacy never be forgotten.

Ageless & timeless beauty. What a great loss.
Kindly clear some doubts of mine, during the apertheid where blacks or african american given the same treatment with south african blacks?
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2018
Jayceon:
And you read all of these from where? undecided
The guy is spot on in his assertion.
Winnie was fvcking some young idiotic lawyer by the name Mpofu who was also connected to several of the covert murders back in the apartheid days. She shamelessly even fell out with him when she discovered the prick was screwing some younger punanies.
27 years is a long time to wait for a hot blooded South African female so I don't stand in judgement of her but Nelson did what any sane self respecting African man would do. If justice was to be duly served, Winnie would have spent some considerable part of her years in jail for those murders. Madiba obviously used his influence to prevent that- apt payback for her contribution to the struggle if you ask me. She never dropped his name cos she knew the privileges and accolades that go with the Mandela legacy.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by panafrican(m): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2018
Heart- breaking News.
Too sad.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by khukhi(f): 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2018
Mama Winnie believed in the youth.She invested in the youth.The struggle was made up of psychological torture & trauma.This woman endured a lot.I wish God can give us the young women of today her strength & resilience as we face the struggles of today: patriarchy, black men we fear running into on any road after dark, HIV, poverty & the men who constantly want to own us and rape us.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by morpheus24: 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2018
Zuluhead:

Kindly clear some doubts of mine, during the apertheid where blacks or african american given the same treatment with south african blacks?
Not very clear on this question. if you are asking did Black South Africans suffer the same kinds of discrimination as AA, the answer is yes they did.

The experience was very similar if not identical to the situations that went on in the US.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by morpheus24: 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2018
NiyiRocks:

Winnie was fvcking some young idiotic lawyer by the name Mpofu who was also connected to several of the covert murders back in the apartheid days. She shamelessly even fell out with him when she discovered the prick was screwing some younger punanies.
27 years is a long time to wait for a hot blooded South African female so I don't stand in judgement of her but Nelson did what any sane self respecting African man would do. If justice was to be duly served, Winnie would have spent some considerable part of her years in jail for those murders. Madiba obviously used his influence to prevent that- apt payback for her contribution to the struggle if you ask me. She never dropped his name cos she knew the privileges and accolades that go with the Mandela legacy.

This is pretty much the truth

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by abbiboy: 10:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
A salute her courage a great freedom fighter....we celebrate you mama Africa!!!
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by abbiboy: 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2018
NiyiRocks:

And u believe if she didn't make such sacrifices for that mufu and ingrate called mandela, u think he would have made it out of that jail alive,my guy if u want to fight an enemy greater than you in might and power,even the devil will tell u to hold on to a faith, either Christ or devil itself to liberate ursef,and she made her choice n u want to hold her to that,bbnaija will teach that no gal can stay in a confined dormitory for more than a week talk more of 27years,to me Mandela was just an ungrateful fool.No wonder he did not concrete for his people after he came out of jail,just dancing in d euphoria of being a noble laureate.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by nabegibeg: 10:59pm On Apr 02, 2018
dad007:
South African anti-apartheid campaigner Winnie Mandela has died aged 81, her personal assistant says.
Winnie Madikizela Mandela was the former wife of South Africa's first black president, Nelson Mandela.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-43621112
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by jnhmaxxwell: 11:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
Rest in peace.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by LeSudAfricaine: 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
enemyofprogress:
I will miss her pussssssssy
smh
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by zombieHUNTER: 11:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

Chai, u old papas of NL, we doff cap o, may your days be even longer! Ise!!

That stuff never tey nah grin
I be 80s pikin abeg
I still dey find wife like you
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by mywells: 3:40am On Apr 03, 2018
Rest in peace good mother of Africa
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 6:26am On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

There were no African Americans here. Whites hated everyone who wasn't white because even Indians & Coloureds experienced racism. However, they were better taken care of. Their areas had better amenities. They had public swimming pools & their kids had playgrounds with swings, slides, merry-go-rounds etc. Whereas, we had nothing. That didn't stop us from having a normal childhood though, because we created our own games. But sometimes we would go to their areas to play. Most of them were racist against blacks too, btw. Not all though.

Sidenote: not all whites were racist either. That's why, personally, I don't blame all of them for Apartheid. Some were nice people from my own personal experience growing up. On Guy Fawkes day (as kids we would dress up in funny costumes ), some would give us money, toys etc.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Mzansian(f): 6:30am On Apr 03, 2018
NiyiRocks:

So what if she slept with someone else ? Mandela was sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole. He was lucky , he wasn't hanged like many . He was also lucky to have been released after 27 years , thanks to her unwillingness to give up on him , she kept his name alive in people's memories and hearts and made him the center of the struggle in all the rallies she went to and all the interviews she had. As for the so called murders , that's more white propaganda than reality. The only case she has been linked to is that of stompie and we can never know if it was true or not. There is a bigger reason for the divorce than the affair, the same reason the character of Winnie was assassinated in the 90s . She was more the Mandela that went to prison than the Mandela that came out of prison. International media houses like CNN had to paint her as a murderous slut, while Rholihlala Mandela was painted as a saint and became a celebrity. The things Mandela and Winnie fought about back then are haunting the nation today , and it seems like her radical ways are now being adopted by the same old fools who turned their backs on her . It's the same ANC bastards that now want to amend the constitution for land expropriation without compensation, which is something she stood for when she joined the struggle till she died, which is what earned her resentment from white people, not just in SA but internationally.

Was she not violent? Ofcourse she was , she is a South African afterall . There is no one who was heavily involved in the struggle that came out with clean hands including Mandela, but she was used as a scapegoat by some cowards. Winnie would never have gone to prison, over our dead bodies. If anyone tried to touch her , they would have been stoned to death or necklaced. The boeres of Afriforum tried reviving petty cases against her , and guess what happened?. The Mandela name did not make Winnie Nomzamo Madikizela, the woman she was, it's her character that made us fall inlove with her. Most South African women hardly drop their ex husband's names anyway, especially with children.

RIP Mpondokazi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 6:58am On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

There were no African Americans here. Whites hated everyone who wasn't white because even Indians & Coloureds experienced racism. However, they were better taken care of. Their areas had better amenities. They had public swimming pools & their kids had playgrounds with swings, slides, merry-go-rounds etc. Whereas, we had nothing. That didn't stop us from having a normal childhood though, because we created our own games. But sometimes we would go to their areas to play. Most of them were racist against blacks too, btw. Not all though.

Sidenote: not all whites were racist either. That's why, personally, I don't blame all of them for Apartheid. Some were nice people from my own personal experience growing up. On Guy Fawkes day (as kids we would dress up in funny costumes ), some would give us money, toys etc.
Oh ok. Though the tourist industry was booming then. You absolutely right not all whites are racism. You deserve a cake for the explanation.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Mzansian(f): 7:05am On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:
RIP Mama Winnie, our true mother of the nation. You will be sorely missed for your contribution & the sacrifices you made all in the name of The Struggle. We're here today because you paved the way. May your legacy never be forgotten.

Ageless & timeless beauty. What a great loss.

This is so sad . The woman did so much for this county. I love how cheeky and provocative she was , she was a a troublemaker who knew no boundaries . No woman in this country has ever made grown ass men carrying big guns, cowar like helpless boys. Whenever i watch those old clips of her , I always laugh at how how psychotic she was( we will liberate this nation with petrol and matches) grin. The anger, the passion , the stubbornness, the resilience and that fck you look she had when pissed grin, these made her my female crush. This woman was really crazy. I couldn't help but shed a tear when I heard the news embarassed.

" I feel no pain , I fear nothing . Nothing imaginable has not been done to me by this government , they thought they would silence me and make me run, no they helped me to become a woman ".

Rest in peace you Bizanian " terrorist ".

3 Likes

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 7:14am On Apr 03, 2018
Mzansian:

So what if she slept with someone else ? Mandela was sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole. He was lucky , he wasn't hanged like many . He was also lucky to have been released after 27 years , thanks to her unwillingness to give up on him , she kept his name alive in people's memories and hearts and made him the center of the struggle in all the rallies she went to and all the interviews she had. As for the so called murders , that's more white propaganda than reality. The only case she has been linked to is that of stompie and we can never know if it was true or not. There is a bigger reason for the divorce than the affair, the same reason the character of Winnie was assassinated in the 90s . She was more the Mandela that went to prison than the Mandela that came out of prison. International media houses like CNN had to paint her as a murderous slut, while Rholihlala Mandela was painted as a saint and became a celebrity. The things Mandela and Winnie fought about back then are haunting the nation today , and it seems like her radical ways are now being adopted by the same old fools who turned their backs on her . It's the same ANC bastards that now want to amend the constitution for land expropriation without compensation, which is something she stood for when she joined the struggle till she died, which is what earned her resentment from white people, not just in SA but internationally.

Was she not violent? Ofcourse she was , she is a South African afterall . There is no one who was heavily involved in the struggle that came out with clean hands including Mandela, but she was used as a scapegoat by some cowards. Winnie would never have gone to prison, over our dead bodies. If anyone tried to touch her , would have been stoned to death or necklaced. The boeres of Afriforum tried reviving petty cases against her , and guess what happened?. The Mandela name did not make Winnie Nomzamo Madikizela, the woman she was, it's her character that made us fall inlove with her. Most South African women hardly drop their ex husband's names anyway, especially with children.

RIP Mpondokazi.

For years i have been saying these too, winnie loved mandela. It takes a strong woman to wait for 27years, madiba was on live sentences and she kept her hope high beside she was waiting as a half widow.
Lots of females would have filled for divorce immediately after the jury was passed.
Nobody is above the spirit of temptation for that long.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Mzansian(f): 7:39am On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

For years i have been saying these too, winnie loved mandela. It takes a strong woman to wait for 27years, madiba was on live sentences and she kept her hope high beside she was waiting as a half widow.
Lots of females would have filled for divorce immediately after the jury was passed.
Nobody is above the spirit of temptation for that long.

Exactly! Winnie never turned her back on that guy , she did what we all he wouldn't have done for her. I'm not saying he would have forgotten about her , but he would have married or lived with someone else. The woman did what many If not most of us would do. With the brutal assaults she had to endure all because she was his wife , other women would have given in to the pressures to silence her and divorced or distance herself from him . We have lost a true patriot .
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 7:42am On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

Oh ok. Though the tourist industry was booming then. You absolutely right not all whites are racism. You deserve a cake for the explanation.

There was no tourism or an industry to speak of. No-one outside of South Africa wanted to associate with South Africa.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 7:47am On Apr 03, 2018
Mzansian:

This is so sad . The woman did so much for this county. I love how cheeky and provocative she was , she was a a troublemaker who knew no boundaries . No woman in this country has ever made grown ass men carrying big guns, cowar like helpless boys. Whenever i watch those old clips of her , I always laugh at how how psychotic she was( we will liberate this nation with petrol and matches) grin. The anger, the passion , the stubbornness, the resilience and that fck you look she had when pissed grin, these made her my female crush. This woman was really crazy. I couldn't help but shed a tear when I heard the news embarassed.

" I feel no pain , I fear nothing . Nothing imaginable has not been done to me by this government , they thought they would silence me and make me run, no they helped me to become a woman ".

Rest in peace you Bizanian " terrorist ".

LMAO @ psycho. Amandla!!!!! I admired her resilience as well. She was a true daughter of South Africa in spirit.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by DavidEsq(m): 7:56am On Apr 03, 2018
mjbaba:
Gone to re-unite and settle differences with Madiba

RIP
Make I ask how dis one dey possible? Shebi dead person fit dey talk or run things? Too many igbo smokers don dey full NL o!
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

There was no tourism or an industry to speak of. No-one outside of South Africa wanted to associate with South Africa.
Really, now i see why the bonds of black south african is so strong. Always the after effects of a group or tribal that fought, they bond stronger than ever.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 8:09am On Apr 03, 2018
Mzansian:

Exactly! Winnie never turned her back on that guy , she did what we all he wouldn't have done for her. I'm not saying he would have forgotten about her , but he would have married or lived with someone else. The woman did what many If not most of us would do. With the brutal assaults she had to endure all because she was his wife , other women would have given in to the pressures to silence her and divorced or distance herself from him . We have lost a true patriot .
Am not trying to insult madiba but he if it were him that was outside while winnie was imprisoned he would had married another while fighting for her release and thats if the new wife would permit him too.
For 27years i doubt he didnt masturbate.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 8:17am On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

Really, now i see why the bonds of black south african is so strong. Always the after effects of a group or tribal that fought, they bond stronger than ever.

By that, I meant the international community. They didn't wanna be associated with a "racist country". Entertainers who came here, invited & paid by the gov't to perfom for whatever reason, often received criticism from their peers worldwide.

Yes, Apartheid helped us to unite. Before that, we were no different from other Africans in terms of tribalism etc. I would go as far as to say, tribalism got us in the mess. Because with division, it's easier to conquer. The only good thing about Apartheid is that it helped us to see beyond tribal differences & we all came together for the main objective- Freedom.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Mzansian(f): 8:23am On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

LMAO @ psycho. Amandla!!!!! I admired her resilience as well. She was a true daughter of South Africa in spirit.

You could never silence that psycho grin. They really destroyed that young , sweet social worker from Bizana. But it was a gain for us , they mined the bytch within and when she transformed into one , they could not handle that monster . She became their worst nightmare, a true savage grin.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 8:26am On Apr 03, 2018
Mzansian:

You could never silence that psycho grin. They really destroyed that young , sweet social worker from Bizana. But it was a gain for us , they mined the bytch within and when she transformed into one , they could not handle that monster . She became their worst nightmare, a true savage grin.

True dat! That's why she has a special place in our hearts. Not even Madiba's new wife could replace her. In fact, many South Africans hated the new wife lol.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Zuluhead(m): 8:29am On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

By that, I meant the international community. They didn't wanna be associated with a "racist country". Entertainers who came here, invited & paid by the gov't to perfom for whatever reason, often received criticism from their peers worldwide.

Yes, Apartheid helped us to unite. Before that, we were no different from other Africans in terms of tribalism etc. I would go as far as to say, tribalism got us in the mess. Because with division, it's easier to conquer. The only good thing about Apartheid is that it helped us to see beyond tribal differences & we all came together for the main objective- Freedom.
Interesting,so the apartheid but an end to tribalism,a blessing in disguise.
can you enlighten me more about how you guys got into the mess because of tribalism.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Mzansian(f): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

Am not trying to insult madiba but he if it were him that was outside while winnie was imprisoned he would had married another while fighting for her release and thats if the new wife would permit him too.
For 27years i doubt he didnt masturbate.

My point exactly.

Lol@ the last part.
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by Mzansian(f): 8:40am On Apr 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

True dat! That's why she has a special place in our hearts. Not even Madiba's new wife could replace her. In fact, many South Africans hated the new wife lol.

Lol, did Mandela have another wife after Winnie? grin grin. I remember people saying , she should never address the people of SA in a public gathering because they don't recognise her as a first lady grin. Even Mandela 's family in Qunu said she is not recognized as a Xhosa wife .
Re: South Africa's Winnie Mandela Dies At 81 by XhosaNostra(f): 8:46am On Apr 03, 2018
Zuluhead:

Interesting,so the apartheid but an end to tribalism,a blessing in disguise.
can you enlighten me more about how you guys got into the mess because of tribalism.

It started well in the beginning. I'd say we had an "understanding" with the whites. "Friendships" were formed & when there was a disagreement with other groups, we foolishly provided muscle for them. Eg. The Ciskei Xhosa would help the whites to fight the Transkei Xhosa & vice versa, just to settle old scores etc. Even when the Boers fought the English, we fought with them.There's no war fought in South Africa without the blacks involved, whether it was whites vs. whites or whites vs. blacks. In other words, we got played. Our weakness (division within the tribes) was used against us. Our tribalism was not Zulu vs. Xhosa, it was more about internal squabbles within each tribe. We betrayed each other & got fùcked in the process. A very good lesson we learned, the hard way.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Indian Security Guard Shoots Customer Who Tried To Enter Bank Without Face Mask / I Will Not Attend The Inauguration - Donald Trump / Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.