Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,852 members, 7,862,787 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit (7747 Views)

Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? / Everything Is Meaningless / Life Is More Meaningless With God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
winner01:
Bullshit!!!
Immorality is wrong against divines and sin is wrong against social norms. This is bullshit, is this your own version of indoctrination undecided

While this is even wrong you contradict yourself. Immorality is wrong against divines and the verses I quotes cllasified prostitution as immorality. In your own words, isn't that against divines?

So you have quit the case of Rahab and focused on Amos? You sound like a bigot who believes prostitutes are beyond redemption. There are reasons why all the prostitutes mentioned in the Bible were treated fairly and with respect. Read up their stories first before you come here to mess around.

You people are so desperate.

Maybe you can help us define immorality and sin. Do this separately.

A simple Google search would review that there are huge differences between both.
http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-sin-and-immorality

I have tried enough to show you the difference. You should come up with better argument.

Secondly, immorality is not wrong against divines. If prostitution is against divinity, God wouldn't have asked his prophets to marry someone in the act.

More on Rehab, your argument wasn't making sense. You didn't argue on her professional but was building excuses on why she was saved, and asking if she was the only prostitute. Your submission is baseless and does not warrant any tackling.

The point is she is a prostitute and God or the Spies have done nothing to replemish her for her unclean profession. Therefore, there is God is not against prostitution.

winner01:
So the 10 commandments is what you think we are talking about here? Do you see anything about witches in the 10 commandments?

If you don't know that there is something like a mosaic law then I have no business discussing with you.

Pastors can quote from anywhere to feed their congregation hypo and snakes, this means nothing to Christians. I explained this in my last thread, point 2. Go read it if you want.

My argument is Mosaic law is God's law. You were saying God didn't approve this law to make it appear like Moses invented the law all by himself. I do not care if the law is passed through moses, the point is it is God's law.

The God's law has it that Christians should kill witch. And many Christians have followed the instruction by killing innocent children been accused as witch.

winner01:
Christ stood against religious people who were ready to kill a sinner. You tell me who those "christians" were trying to emulate.

Jesus stopped the killing of adulterer not prostitute. The woman in this case commit adultery, she is not a prostitute.

They were emulating an unforgiving Jesus who whipped an Adult for trading in the synagogue. He could have preached to them if he was setting a good standard. Rather he went violent.

Whipping, stoning, killing are ordained by God.

Christians are emulating that today by starving kids for months in the name of punishing evil spirits in that child.

These Christians are not quoting out of contest. They were following the teaching of Jesus.

Jesus should have condemned killing of witches or any unjustified actions in the bible. He was silent which mean he is supportive

winner01:
Christ lived a perfect life. The fact that no atheist on this forum has found proof of otherwise is enough reason to believe. The stupidity of those who try to attach negativity to the name of Christ does not matter to me.

A good tree bears good and not evil fruit. Yahweh is evil and so is Jesus. Therefore he is not perfect.

A perfect being won't go on rampage cursing everything, including tree which doesn't bear fruit, because he is hungry.

A perfect person wouldn't beat hold men with horsewhip. The rod should not be spared for a child, not Adult.

A perfect person would advocate for universal peace. But Jesus boldly said he didn't come for peace. He was here to raze the earth down with fire. And asking his followers to hate their parents and siblings.

winner01:
Hell fire was created for the devil and his angels, you can choose hell if you freely will. No one will take your freewill from you.

The question is not what is hell created for. I asked, who created hell.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by terrezo2002(m): 3:44pm On Apr 03, 2018
Life itself makes no sense without God. Solomon with all his glory and wealth sought for pleasure under the sun, but he found now and came to the conclusion that the only duty that will make your life meaningful here on earth is to fear God and obey His commandments.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by dalaman: 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2018
winner01:
How about those who attach their own meaning to the violence and crimes which benefits them?

Boko haram made around $10million according to some reports by just abducting and returning Dapchi girls. Is that meaning not wonderful? undecided

That is the meaning they've attached and made out of their lives. Boko Haram is trying to create a caliphate on earth and subdue it for Allah through whatever means possible. That is the meaning they've made out for themselves.

Others chose different human endeavours to give and add meaning to their lives.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by winner01(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

Maybe you can help us define immorality and sin. Do this separately.

A simple Google search would review that there are huge differences between both.
http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-sin-and-immorality

I have tried enough to show you the difference. You should come up with better argument.

Secondly, immorality is not wrong against divines. If prostitution is against divinity, God wouldn't have asked his prophets to marry someone in the act.
I should google search for the worldly meaning of sin and immorality when their meanings are clearly described in the bible. The world has contrary meanings for God, Christians the bible etc. Don't refer me to meanings conjured by men when biblical meanings on those words are clear in the bible.

FOLYKAZE:

More on Rehab, your argument wasn't making sense. You didn't argue on her professional but was building excuses on why she was saved, and asking if she was the only prostitute. Your submission is baseless and does not warrant any tackling.

The point is she is a prostitute and God or the Spies have done nothing to replemish her for her unclean profession. Therefore, there is God is not against prostitution.

You said Rahab, a prostitute was spared and I'm asking you why she was spared. Why were other prostititutes in the city not spared because they simply were prostitutes if prostitution was not immoral.

And are you just going to ignore all the verses I gave on prostitution?

FOLYKAZE:

My argument is Mosaic law is God's law. You were saying God didn't approve this law to make it appear like Moses invented the law all by himself. I do not care if the law is passed through moses, the point is it is God's law.

The God's law has it that Christians should kill witch. And many Christians have followed the instruction by killing innocent children been accused as witch.

Lol after saying there is nothing like mosaic law, now you say mosaic law is Gods law?

I'll repeat the only thing you failed to grab in my last replies to you.

God permitted certain practices amongst his people which he didn't approve of. Jesus Christ weighed in on the laws of moses and explain what i said perfectly in Matthew 19:3-10.

Where does gods law have it that Christians should kill witches and who are these Christians?

FOLYKAZE:

Jesus stopped the killing of adulterer not prostitute. The woman in this case commit adultery, she is not a prostitute.
Jesus stopped the killing of a sinner. I think Jesus should have stopped the killing of a witch, a murderer, a rapist, a divorcee before you get the point.
You people are as dumb as the religious people you mock.

FOLYKAZE:

They were emulating an unforgiving Jesus who whipped an Adult for trading in the synagogue. He could have preached to them if he was setting a good standard. Rather he went violent.
He drove out those who were making money using the temple of God. Is that not what you and other foolish people hold on to today with respect to yahoo boy pastors?

If Jesus had allowed them in the temple, wouldn't you have justified the actions of yahoo boy pastors.
I guess there's no winning with you guys. You're always right.

FOLYKAZE:

Whipping, stoning, killing are ordained by God.

Christians are emulating that today by starving kids for months in the name of punishing evil spirits in that child.

These Christians are not quoting out of contest. They were following the teaching of Jesus.

Of course, they are ordained by God in your own Bible.

Why didn't you say since Christ didn't starve kids, then Christians doing such are wrong, since Christ's didnt protect a witch but a prostitute and so those protecting witches are wrong?
Or your bigoted logic of Jesus specific actions only applies to witches and prostitutes and not burnt kids?

You're an idiot

FOLYKAZE:

Jesus should have condemned killing of witches or any unjustified actions in the bible. He was silent which mean he is supportive

Of course, he should also have condemned embezzlement, terrorists etc before you admit that he condemned evil.

FOLYKAZE:

A good tree bears good and not evil fruit. Yahweh is evil and so is Jesus. Therefore he is not perfect.

A perfect being won't go on rampage cursing everything, including tree which doesn't bear fruit, because he is hungry.

A perfect person wouldn't beat hold men with horsewhip. The rod should not be spared for a child, not Adult.

A perfect person would advocate for universal peace. But Jesus boldly said he didn't come for peace. He was here to raze the earth down with fire. And asking his followers to hate their parents and siblings.
Lol. Any reasonable christian reading this will attest to your desperation. I won't reply it.

FOLYKAZE:

The question is not what is hell created for. I asked, who created hell.
A knife which was created by man for cutting food was used by a teenager for suicide because the teenager freely willed to use the knife on himself. Therefore man, who created the knife (for another purpose) is evil for creating a knife.

I really think you're an idiot.

1 Like

Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Butterflyleo: 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2018
winner01:
I should google search for the worldly meaning of sin and immorality when their meanings are clearly described in the bible. The world has contrary meanings for God, Christians the bible etc. Don't refer me to meanings conjured by men when biblical meanings on those words are clear in the bible.

You said Rahab, a prostitute was spared and I'm asking you why she was spared. Why were other prostititutes in the city not spared because they simply were prostitutes if prostitution was not immoral.

Lol after saying there is nothing like mosaic law, now you say mosaic law is Gods law?

God permitted certain practices amongst his people which he didn't approve of. Jesus Christ weighed in on the laws of moses and explain what i said perfectly in Matthew 19:3-10.

Where does gods law have it that Christians should kill witches and who are these Christians?

Jesus stopped the killing of a sinner. I think Jesus should have stopped the killing of a witch, a murderer, a rapist, a divorcee before you get the point.

He drove out those who were making money using the temple of God. Is that not what you and other foolish people hold on to today with respect to yahoo boy pastors?

If Jesus had allowed them in the temple, wouldn't you have justified the actions of yahoo boy pastors.

Why didn't you say since Christ didn't starve kids, then Christians doing such are wrong, since Christ's didnt protect a witch but a prostitute and so those protecting witches are wrong?
Or your bigoted logic of Jesus specific actions only applies to witches and prostitutes and not burnt kids?

You're an idiot

Of course, he should also have condemned embezzlement, terrorists etc before you admit that he condemned evil.

Lol. Any reasonable christian reading this will attest to your desperation. I won't reply it.

A knife which was created by man for cutting food was used by a teenager for suicide because the teenager freely willed to use the knife on himself. Therefore man, who created the knife (for another purpose) is evil for creating a knife.

Succinct!

His confusion is hard to watch. Very well expressed response by you and very well simply put.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by winner01(m): 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
dalaman:

That is the meaning they've attached and made out of their lives. Boko Haram is trying to create a caliphate on earth and subdue it for Allah through whatever means possible. That is the meaning they've made out for themselves.

Others chose different human endeavours to give and add meaning to their lives.
I'm glad you didn't attempt to deride the meaning they have given to life. Point made.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by winner01(m): 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Succinct!

His confusion is hard to watch. Very well expressed response by you and very well simply put.
Thanks bro.

He's so confused.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by dalaman: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2018
winner01:
I'm glad you didn't attempt to deride the meaning they have given to life. Point made.

So? Fact is life has NO universally accepted meaning , just what ever people chose to make of it and follow.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by winner01(m): 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2018
dalaman:

So? Fact is life has NO universally accepted meaning , just what ever people chose to make of it and follow.
Okay. Lol.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by LeiderJa: 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
My mind is in chaos and I seem to have waves of existential crisis these days.

The worst is that there's no one around here to think aloud with, everybody is running around like headless chickens trying to "secure a future" when they could drop dead in an hours time. Such blissful ignorance.

Existence is a zero sum game.

1 Like

Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Iliveforme: 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
LeiderJa:

The worst is that there's no one around here to think aloud with, everybody is running around like headless chickens trying to "secure a future" when they could drop dead in an hours time. Such blissful ignorance.

This is my problem too. Existence is meaningless. Everyone is chasing after things they will drop dead and let go anytime. What future can there be when already there is only an end. This is my struggle and its killing me
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
I will ignore your personal insults. I am not in for that.

winner01:

These are English words that are very related but different entirely. You could turn a blind eye to this but doesn't mean make them same.

Sin is simply an act against divinity.

Immorality is an act against social norms.

If you disagree, present your point.

winner01:

Your point is not sensible. Where in the bible did you read that there are other prostitutes in the city? God nor the spies did not condemn her act and did nothing to reprimand her.

Now, she was spared because she averted the killing of the spies by keeping them in her house. After she was saved, God would have made her know that prostitution is a sin and that she should repent. The point is her action was not condemned.

winner01:

You have resorted to lying and blackmail. I said there is no mosaic law and all laws were directly from God. I am still saying the samething here.

Killing of witches was a divine law from God. The order was recorded in the bible. And many Christians have killed kids in respect to the law from God.

winner01:

Adultery is a sin.. You are the one arguing against that not me.

My point is prostitution is not a sin but immoral act.

winner01:
He drove out those who were making money using the temple of God. Is that not what you and other foolish people hold on to today with respect to yahoo boy pastors?/quote]

He whipped them when he could have simply ask them politely to leave.

[quote author=winner01 post=66401608]If Jesus had allowed them in the temple, wouldn't you have justified the actions of yahoo boy pastors.

No be today house of God turn to den of robbers. Na bible talk am.

winner01:

You're an idiot

Jesus didn't protect a prostitute. She spared an Adulterer from been stoned. Stoning is a form of punishing sinners according to the law. Adulterers in the bible should be stoned.

Adultery mean sleeping with another person outside marriage. Prostitute are not married but are into business. Their product is their body.

Jesus condemned sins, he never mentioned prostitution.

winner01:

Embezzlement is stealing. It was condemned.

Terrorism is unjust killing. It was condemned. Didn't you read your bible?

winner01:

Jesus is not perfect. Maybe you can prove he is.

winner01:

Poor logic.

People will not walk deliberately into hell by themselves. Jesus will throw people inside hell. His followers are already burning witch
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2018
Iliveforme:
Please bear with me. I have a rather popular moniker on nairaland but i am mostly in the politics section and sometimes stray into the religion section so in order to protect that moniker i had to open this new one in order to express my deepest thoughts and worries.

I come from a family that has never really been religious. I most certainly do not believe in any diety nor do i believe any exist so nobody should try and sell me that bullshitt. I have lived a fun and lively life and all has been majorly alright for me until about a month or so ago.

Like i said, since about a month or so ago i have been burdened with this unseen load and thoughts that suggest to me that life as i know it and as everyone knows it is absolutely meaningless and holds no substance or value. I cannot lie but this thought has been tormenting me so much especially at those times when i found myself all alone. I mean whenever i am alone i suddenly start pondering on this even more.

I cannot begin to express the levels of stress and anxiety this has brought upon me to the extent, i find it hard to sleep and currently having constant nagging headaches.

I cannot deny that I have been deeply troubled by thoughts of everything ending in nothingness after I die. I mean i know that there is nothing else for me after i die but lately this does not sit well with me. I didnt ask to be born but here i am and i keep wondering if a deeply conscious human like me deserves to just die and then nothingness and this has given me great distress.

I am 21 years old now and simply thinking about myself being dead maybe when i would be 70 or 80 and nothing after i die despite all i have been through and my many pursuits distresses me even more. I am deeply troubled by this reality of how short and difficult life is and then i end up ultimately dying and everything ending when i die.

I have been reliving this pain and distressful thoughts daily for about a month now and it gets worse when i chance upon the news or pictures or videos of people who died. I use the internet like everyone else so cannot avoid coming upon such distressing news and often in very gruesome detail.

Nairaland lately has been all gore and the rate of death news that hits the front page gets me thinking that those people who died, i could have been one of them and it scares me shitless.

Going further, people or situations or places that used to offer me some degree of relief and comfort like advancement of civilization, my family and relatives, my buddies and so on all appear totally meaningless and useless to me now.

How on earth can i get rid of these nagging feelings all around me and everywhere i look. It is seriously haunting me and bringing me daily pain and anxiety. The feelings and thoughts are too strong.

I confided in a friend and he told me to think positive and tried to tell me that i have so much to live for and he even joked with me that i am handsome, physically fit, intelligent, and would soon be a graduate in flying colours.

However, despite all of this it all still boils down to all being meaningless. People more handsome and more intelligent and better fit than I am have all died so what's special about my looks or my physique or my academics when at the end of the day I will still die and cease to exist.

I am troubled. Sometimes when I am alone I hear voices telling me to end it all and be done with it that it is better to die early with less stress and pain than to die late despite the stress and pains. What is happening to me?

You are so obsessed with yourself. If you think you are so important, then note that you arent even half as important as you think you are. You are even worse off, even a footnote is better! Very useless. Life is so meaningless that the Earth itself can get struck by a massive comet and everything on earth turned into nothing/dust and no one would ever know we existed. I dont think anyone can help you with your attitude, not even religion. You are so stressed about death but that is only because of your brain being able to process it and juxtapose it against your current existence where you think you are so awesome and shouldnt die just because.. whatever you think.. If you were another animal, you would realize that all there is is the here and now and maybe tomorrow but visualizing all the way into the future (death) is useless. You would be striving every day to survive because thats all that is neccessary. Every living thing dies, who the hell are you? Even stars and galaxies die!!! The purpose for life is to be lived, and animals know that. If you dont want to live because you will die (how fvcked up is this reasoning) then I feel like we all should tell you to do whatever you want, including killing yourself. Im starting to think you dont even want anything (including dying) because it is useless. Everything is useless, even dying is useless
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2018
Op I think you should consider getting professional help if you are really interested in solving your problem

Almost all atheist live with this understanding that everything ends with death,and I must admit that once in a while it might make you see life as meaningless but the truth is that DEATH is actually what makes life worth living,this might sound unreasonable especially when you consider the fact that death often comes at a time least desired,but eternity is a curse,what you should be worried about is not death but living an unfulfilled life,There is so much to live for,let's start with your family,are you saying that the bond you have made with your parents and siblings over the past 21 years is not important to you anymore,so if your sister was to win 10 million naira,you wouldn't feel the slightest happiness for her,you are not entertained why watching films,if Nigeria was to get to the finals of the 2018 world cup you wouldn't be interested in seeing the game,if you were given a chance to hang out with your favourite artiste or actor you wouldn't feel any excitement,if as an engineering student you became had the best grades and was the valedictorian at your convocation,receiving a standing ovation evenfrom your teachers it wouldn't make you feel proud,if you were able to find the cure to cancer which would save the life of millions of people even yet unborn it wouldn't drive you to tears....

Op I think you should look for a new challenge, seek for more interesting adventures, the problem might be you are stuck to one thing,you have not tasted anything in life believe me,even though we know that after eating food we would still get hungry it doesn't stop us from enjoying our favourite delicacies, that is how life is,we all know that one day it would all come to an end it doesn't stop us from enjoying the present
I think your problem might be that you are looking for something with eternal value or pleasure,there is no such thing,the human brain is built in such a way that if you enjoy this today tomorrow you wouldn't enjoy it as much as the first day and it keeps going down,so what you do is look for other things that are pleasurable

However if after all I said you can not see anything exciting in life,then you should seek for real help
But trust me,everyone goes through these kind of phases,if someone lives a long, fulfilled life setting good examples and improving humanity,then death is the only thing remaining
There is a lot of things to enjoy in life bro,trust me a lot of things,your problem might be that you are so anxious of the tomorrow so how can you even live for today ?
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2018
TayserMahiri:

You are so obsessed with yourself. If you think you are so important, then note that you arent even half as important as you think you are. You are even worse off, even a footnote is better! Very useless. Life is so meaningless that the Earth itself can get struck by a massive comet and everything on earth turned into nothing/dust and no one would ever know we existed. I dont think anyone can help you with your attitude, not even religion. You are so stressed about death but that is only because of your brain being able to process it and juxtapose it against your current existence where you think you are so awesome and shouldnt die just because.. whatever you think.. If you were another animal, you would realize that all there is is the here and now and maybe tomorrow but visualizing all the way into the future (death) is useless. You would be striving every day to survive because thats all that is neccessary. Every living thing dies, who the hell are you? Even stars and galaxies die!!! The purpose for life is to be lived, and animals know that. If you dont want to live because you will die (how fvcked up is this reasoning) then I feel like we all should tell you to do whatever you want, including killing yourself. Im starting to think you dont even want anything (including dying) because it is useless. Everything is useless, even dying is useless

Exactly
I think the problem with the Op is that he is looking for a world were everything is perfect and pleasure is constant and unending
Truth is,without death life has no meaning,the only thing is that we hope we can live a good life for ourselves and others before death comes

1 Like

Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Iliveforme: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2018
darkchild64:

Exactly
I think the problem with the Op is that he is looking for a world were everything is perfect and pleasure is constant and unending
Truth is,without death life has no meaning,the only thing is that we hope we can live a good life for ourselves and others before death comes

This is not true. The fact that I cannot get that kind of world makes it not true.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Iliveforme: 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Okay thank you. You cannot help me. This much I know. The problem here is that death is stronger than everything else. It isn't useless. It overwhelms everything else and that is why its stressful to think about.

And yes I have been contemplating ending it all because it is all a waste of time. I do not see myself as important nor do I feel full of myself. I actually see myself as living a nonsensical existence where it all boils down to a waste of energy and time for me and largely got everyone else.

Why would I strive daily to survive when I still end up dying. Survive what? Surviving the meaninglessness of everything?
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Iliveforme: 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
darkchild64:
Op I think you should consider getting professional help if you are really interested in solving your problem

Almost all atheist live with this understanding that everything ends with death,and I must admit that once in a while it might make you see life as meaningless but the truth is that DEATH is actually what makes life worth living,this might sound unreasonable especially when you consider the fact that death often comes at a time least desired,but eternity is a curse,what you should be worried about is not death but living an unfulfilled life,There is so much to live for,let's start with your family,are you saying that the bond you have made with your parents and siblings over the past 21 years is not important to you anymore,so if your sister was to win 10 million naira,you wouldn't feel the slightest happiness for her,you are not entertained why watching films,if Nigeria was to get to the finals of the 2018 world cup you wouldn't be interested in seeing the game,if you were given a chance to hang out with your favourite artiste or actor you wouldn't feel any excitement,if as an engineering student you became had the best grades and was the valedictorian at your convocation,receiving a standing ovation evenfrom your teachers it wouldn't make you feel proud,if you were able to find the cure to cancer which would save the life of millions of people even yet unborn it wouldn't drive you to tears....

Op I think you should look for a new challenge, seek for more interesting adventures, the problem might be you are stuck to one thing,you have not tasted anything in life believe me,even though we know that after eating food we would still get hungry it doesn't stop us from enjoying our favourite delicacies, that is how life is,we all know that one day it would all come to an end it doesn't stop us from enjoying the present
I think your problem might be that you are looking for something with eternal value or pleasure,there is no such thing,the human brain is built in such a way that if you enjoy this today tomorrow you wouldn't enjoy it as much as the first day and it keeps going down,so what you do is look for other things that are pleasurable

However if after all I said you can not see anything exciting in life,then you should seek for real help
But trust me,everyone goes through these kind of phases,if someone lives a long, fulfilled life setting good examples and improving humanity,then death is the only thing remaining
There is a lot of things to enjoy in life bro,trust me a lot of things,your problem might be that you are so anxious of the tomorrow so how can you even live for today ?

Right now I am not interested in money, love, affection. To what end?

I am not anxious for tomorrow. I just cannot avoid tomorrow.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by winner01(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2018
FOLYKAZE:
I will ignore your personal insults. I am not in for that.
Really I'm not like this. But I find it difficult not to point out your idiocy as revealed in your quotes.

FOLYKAZE:

These are English words that are very related but different entirely. You could turn a blind eye to this but doesn't mean make them same.

Sin is simply an act against divinity.

Immorality is an act against social norms.

If you disagree, present your point.

Any christian who does not agree that all forms of immorality are sins according to the christian worldview, regardless of the worldly meanings of sin and immorality should quote this and reply me.

FOLYKAZE:

Your point is not sensible. Where in the bible did you read that there are other prostitutes in the city? God nor the spies did not condemn her act and did nothing to reprimand her.

Are you suggesting that Rahab was the only prostitute in the city of Jericho? undecided

And is there any christian reading this who does not know why God spared Rahab despite the fact that she was a prostitute?

FOLYKAZE:

Now, she was spared because she averted the killing of the spies by keeping them in her house. After she was saved, God would have made her know that prostitution is a sin and that she should repent. The point is her action was not condemned.

How many times was Rahab mentioned after the Jericho incidence and why do you think the Bible needs to record every single detail of every of its characters?

FOLYKAZE:
I

You have resorted to lying and blackmail. I said there is no mosaic law and all laws were directly from God. I am still saying the samething here.

How can you say there is no mosaic law undecided are you not an idiot undecided

FOLYKAZE:

Killing of witches was a divine law from God. The order was recorded in the bible. And many Christians have killed kids in respect to the law from God.

For the umpteenth time, Matthew 19:3-10. You'll get Jesus' response to the laws of moses.

FOLYKAZE:

Adultery is a sin.. You are the one arguing against that not me.

My point is prostitution is not a sin but immoral act.

Adultery, prostitutuon and all defilements of the body (the temple of God) are all sins of immorality.

You know nothing about the Bible, stop exhibiting ignorance.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by winner01(m): 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Dalaman, your brother in atheism says life is meaningless and everything is useless? grin
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by winner01(m): 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
darkchild64:

Death makes life worth living grin

AnonyNymous, do you also think the destination makes the journey worthwhile and not necessarily the journey itself? grin

1 Like

Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2018
winner01:

AnonyNymous, do you also think the destination makes the journey worthwhile and not necessarily the journey itself? grin
Can you please leave me alone?
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2018
winner01:

What I meant by that is that eternity is uneccesary and would be uninteresting
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2018
Op can I ask you a question

From your comments it is obvious you are dissatisfied with what life has offered you,so what really is your expectation,what exactly do you want ?
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by winner01(m): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
darkchild64:

What I meant by that is that eternity is uneccesary and would be uninteresting
Is this what you think or what those who have been to eternity told you?

1 Like

Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
Iliveforme:

Okay thank you. You cannot help me. This much I know. The problem here is that death is stronger than everything else. It isn't useless. It overwhelms everything else and that is why its stressful to think about.

And yes I have been contemplating ending it all because it is all a waste of time. I do not see myself as important nor do I feel full of myself. I actually see myself as living a nonsensical existence where it all boils down to a waste of energy and time for me and largely got everyone else.

Why would I strive daily to survive when I still end up dying. Survive what? Surviving the meaninglessness of everything?

Your only problem is immortality. You think something is ONLY useful if it conjures immortality. You dont have any other problem. Thats it.

As a side note: I hope you are not a christian/ religious person posing as an atheist to push this topic. I can feel it somehow. At the end of this thread you will "Come to the realization that the Holy Spirit + Jesus and his dad is the only true way to the meaning of life, because they promise immortality".
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by winner01(m): 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Can you please leave me alone?
Can't a man attempt to begin a civil discussion? grin
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2018
winner01:
Dalaman, your brother in atheism says life is meaningless and everything is useless? grin

That is true to the objective and balanced mind but you dont want to say it to unstable souls like the OP. That statement, like religious faith can justify anything so you want to say it to people who you perceive as mentally "balanced". Atheism suffers the same problem that religious zealots bring.

And never say my brother in atheism. There is no 'atheism as a kind of religion'. We may agree on a few things with the guy but trust me we differ in a million more. And that is because we are normal humans. It may surprise you but I would never, and have never got into a 'chama' of atheists. I consider it nonsense.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Iliveforme: 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Your only problem is immortality. You think something is ONLY useful if it conjures immortality. You dont have any other problem. Thats it.

As a side note: I hope you are not a christian/ religious person posing as an atheist to push this topic. I can feel it somehow. At the end of this thread you will "Come to the realization that the Holy Spirit + Jesus and his dad is the only true way to the meaning of life, because they offer immortality".

What are you even talking about? What immortality? I am talking about existence as I know it and you are talking about immortality. Wtf is that?

My problem is the uselessness of everything at death. I do not believe in immortality as that is a nonsensical notion to have but I am simply troubled at the way life stops when we die.

And also, my first post here explained who I am and nowhere there did I promote or claim to be what you are saying. What rubbish.

Coming here to say stupid things to me is one thing I do not want. I already said you cannot help me and that much I can tell by reading the things you say. Even you are confused . please let me be.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by CAPSLOCKED: 7:04pm On Apr 03, 2018
LeiderJa:

OH, THE MAGIC A FULL BOTTLE OF SMIRNOFF VODKA WILL DO... YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2018
winner01:
Is this what you think or what those who have been to eternity told you?
It is what I think
Re: Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit by Shugavee(f): 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

OH, THE MAGIC A FULL BOTTLE OF SMIRNOFF VODKA WILL DO... YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Causes Of Atheism / Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' / Is Majek Fashek A Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.