Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared (4567 Views)

After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million / Cheeky Monkeys Having Sex On Car Bonnet In England / Danfo Driver Who Took One-Way Fled & Abandoned His Bus When He Sighted Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by peacengine(m): 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
unknownsolja:

This dummy didnt read what i posted very well..are you a maid?can a maid afford to go for a summit in the UK and come back..always think before you run your mouth and i am not in nigeria now dummy..dummy if na USA you go run and you probably came back from your summit so you can apply for USA because you dont want to damage your travel record.i know all the tricks boy.i still repeat nigerians will abscond when they travel abroad.only 2% will come back and those are the rich or middle class ones because i know 80% of nigerians live in poverty,even athletes abscond not to talk of a maid...theres nothing in the UK anymore,USA is the ish now..infact only 1% of nigerians will get USA visa now and come back home.everybody is running away from africa and sbuhari gofanment

You are the dummy in this case not that gentleman. You must be a clueless nigger for saying 1% of Nigerians will return when given US visit visa, fuul

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by unknownsolja: 6:37pm On Apr 04, 2018
peacengine:

You are the dummy in this case not that gentleman. You must be a clueless nigger for saying 1% of Nigerians will return when given US visit visa, fuul

look at this gutter rat...you need to become my maid..hahaha,,you can wash my car and take care of my lawn boy and i will bring you abroad and i know you will run away but i will use that to help you dirty rat..piss off
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by unknownsolja: 6:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
peacengine:

Niggur, your brain is licking maggot, morafucin poo head like you. Idiotta, thunder strike you de, Cow!

i will seize your passport when you come over abroad to be my houseboy and i will allow you sleep in the garage and dont worry you wont be paying no bills..i ant to help your life because you sound so frustrated..sango mend you
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by londoner: 11:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
Livie2016:

I disagree with you fundamentally and your comments to an extent reflect why Nigeria and many parts of Africa are the way they are- no progress. The quest for a better life should not entail ;

A) scamming your employers;

B) exploiting their kindness;
C) Committing immigration crimes.

Where do you draw the line? You're trying to rationalize crime. This is the same line of thinking that drives politicians to loot billions, justifying their actions by convicing themselves that they aretrying to help their families. Exploiting, cheating and scamming people for selfish gain and interest.

Also, she is NOT entitled to be in England without me. She was NOT issued a tourist visa- she was issued a domestic worker visa on the basis that she would work for me in England and crucially, return to Ghana after wards. She is NOT even allowed (by law) to carry out domestic work for anyone in the U.K./ work for anyone in the U.K. other than me. It is not about ownership, I am merely stating the terms of the visa which she was granted and which were set by UK immigration authorities.

Again, the issue isn't the nanny terminating the employment relationship. She is free to terminate our employment relationship at any point, however what she is NOT entitled to do is attempt to remain in the U.K. illegally using a visa which I procured for her as her employer and which stipulates that she MUST depart U.K. with me when I am leaving. What she did was utterly selfish and wicked. We did our best to make her life comfortable in Ghana and England, why repay kindness with wickenesss for selfish gain?

I don't see how anyone can argue with the above. 100000% agree

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Lovelywings: 10:49pm On Apr 05, 2018
Livie2016:

I disagree with you fundamentally and your comments to an extent reflect why Nigeria and many parts of Africa are the way they are- no progress. The quest for a better life should not entail ;

A) scamming your employers;

B) exploiting their kindness;
C) Committing immigration crimes.

Where do you draw the line? You're trying to rationalize crime. This is the same line of thinking that drives politicians to loot billions, justifying their actions by convicing themselves that they aretrying to help their families. Exploiting, cheating and scamming people for selfish gain and interest.

Also, she is NOT entitled to be in England without me. She was NOT issued a tourist visa- she was issued a domestic worker visa on the basis that she would work for me in England and crucially, return to Ghana after wards. She is NOT even allowed (by law) to carry out domestic work for anyone in the U.K./ work for anyone in the U.K. other than me. It is not about ownership, I am merely stating the terms of the visa which she was granted and which were set by UK immigration authorities.

Again, the issue isn't the nanny terminating the employment relationship. She is free to terminate our employment relationship at any point, however what she is NOT entitled to do is attempt to remain in the U.K. illegally using a visa which I procured for her as her employer and which stipulates that she MUST depart U.K. with me when I am leaving. What she did was utterly selfish and wicked. We did our best to make her life comfortable in Ghana and England, why repay kindness with wickenesss for selfish gain?

Sigh. Just to clarify, crime can absolutely be rationalized. shocked What she did was 100% rational. I hope you know there is a difference between "good" and "rational."

I never said anywhere in my post that she was entitled to be in the UK. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that what she did was wrong and illegal.

BTW, I have no support for politicians looting and thieving... Certainly there's no one in my family that has a criminal past. I made my own $$$ as a professional by immigrating legally to the US, so I have no reason to be defending your nanny's crime or supporting terrible African leaders. I'm just trying to insert some logic into the discussion. I actually think the vast majority of Nigeria's problems can be solved if people applied logic instead of emotion and curses. I will end there.
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Boss13: 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2018
Mille:
unknownsolja

What sort of useless thinking is that. Not every Nigerian has low self-esteem and lack of future hopes like you. I went to the UK for a summit myself, and left after just two days. I didn't abscond because I have no intention of being an illegal immigrant or relegate myself to doing menial jobs that I wouldn't do in Nigeria.

So speak for yourself and not every Nigerian.

Livie2016 , I understand your frustration about her absconding etc. and the legal immigration problems this might cause but I don't understand what you mean by being "exploited despite all the investments you made on her". It's not like she is a slave sworn to worship you and you family till the end.

She is an employee, giving you services (taking care of your baby, home etc) in exchange for pay. Same way people work for Nigerian Breweries and get paid monthly, with added benefits of health insurance etc. Consider it as she worked and she quit

I beg to wonder what her salary was despite the investments, now try hiring a live-in nanny in the UK (with sane employee protection laws), pay hourly like they do and see how much it will cost you.

She wasn’t paying her well. If she was, I don’t think the Nanny will consider absconding. I bet the Nanny will make more money doing menial jobs that her current pay. There are some loopholes in this story that requires serious answers.

I’m currently in London and I do know you must have proper address of the destination you intend to visit. Hence, the Nanny planned absconding prior traveling and she perfected it well.

OP need to report this or it would affect her chances of ever visiting the UK in the future. She might even be labeled a trafficker.
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 9:12am On Apr 07, 2018
Boss13:

She wasn’t paying her well. If she was, I don’t think the Nanny will consider absconding. I bet the Nanny will make more money doing menial jobs that her current pay. There are some loopholes in this story that requires serious answers.

I’m currently in London and I do know you must have proper address of the destination you intend to visit. Hence, the Nanny planned absconding prior traveling and she perfected it well.

OP need to report this or it would affect her chances of ever visiting the UK in the future. She might even be labeled a trafficker.

She was paid very well for a nanny. We paid her more than MOST nannies receive in Africa. In fact we had recently increased her salary so you're wrong to say she wasn't paid well. Look we had just offered to start paying half of the fees for her children's boarding school. Like I said earlier, it's a clear case of lack of integrity and also greed. Yahoo fradusters are another example- they scam people using the justification that they're poor. People will always find a justification for selfish and greedy actions. Forgetting that not every nanny absconds in England, neither is every unemployed graduate a yahoo fraudster.

I've reported it. Did so immediately after it happened, and I will keep following up with the authorities.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Lexusgs430: 10:46am On Apr 07, 2018
Livie2016:

She was paid very well for a nanny. We paid her more than MOST nannies receive in Africa. In fact we had recently increased her salary so you're wrong to say she wasn't paid well. Look we had just offered to start paying half of the fees for her children's boarding school. Like I said earlier, it's a clear case of lack of integrity and also greed. Yahoo fradusters are another example- they scam people using the justification that they're poor. People will always find a justification for selfish and greedy actions. Forgetting that not every nanny absconds in England, neither is every unemployed graduate a yahoo fraudster.

I've reported it. Did so immediately after it happened, and I will keep following up with the authorities.

Your last paragraph is the best you can do at the moment......
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by PresVA: 11:17am On Apr 07, 2018
I really don't understand why some people are trying to justify what the lady nanny did...

She wasn't paid well, she wasn't this and that.. so what? what stopped her from terminating the contract the right way and save the OP all the stress. . isn't she an adult that can decide whether to work or not?

What she did is wrong from all angles. ..

I'm even scared that the Nanny's family in Ghana may request for their daughter when the OP returns without her.. and if anything happens to her in the UK even while they maybe aware of her whereabouts, they'll still hold OP responsible. ..

Op, you've done the right thing by reporting. . stop responding to people trying to justify this criminal act...

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by breadtom: 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2018
Op can we talk, pls send me an mail via chiboy1928@yahoo.com
Livie2016:

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 11:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
PresVA:
I really don't understand why some people are trying to justify what the lady nanny did...

She wasn't paid well, she wasn't this and that.. so what? what stopped her from terminating the contract the right way and save the OP all the stress. . isn't she an adult that can decide whether to work or not?

What she did is wrong from all angles. ..

I'm even scared that the Nanny's family in Ghana may request for their daughter when the OP returns without her.. and if anything happens to her in the UK even while they maybe aware of her whereabouts, they'll still hold OP responsible. ..

Op, you've done the right thing by reporting. . stop responding to people trying to justify this criminal act...

Thanks so much for being a voice of reason. Very disappointing to read some of the commends trying to justify crime. I'm sure her family is complicit, I've been trying to get her mother's number but to no avail. I've left it to the authorities and most importantly to God. She really scammed us and exploited our kindness and trust but life must go on.
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 08, 2018
breadtom:
Op can we talk, pls send me an mail via chiboy1928@yahoo.com
Bwahahahaha. Another....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Direction From Sango Ota, Ogun State To Ikorodu, Lagos State / Nairalander Escapes Death!!! (Pictures) / Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.