Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Nokia 'First Chance' Show - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nokia 'First Chance' Show (10188 Views)

Fresh Video : Timaya Ft Sarkodie - One Chance (dance Video) / Are You A Tight Rapper? Here's A Chance To Get Known. / Justin Of Nokia First Chance Releases Single And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by LoverBwoy(m): 8:53pm On Mar 29, 2007
is there a website one can view this show?

is there a webiste for galaxy tv or STV even? undecided
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by dongee(m): 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2007
hey florian,
good to kmow that ur girlfriend is justina, i met her. on tuesday and i must tell u she is a strong singer. i have somethere too so i was invited to watch. really justina is one of the good singers. u have to be proud of her and she looked good in dreds. the organisers have really done good i think the pple we have to watch out for are
1. Justina
2. Sylvia
3. Christine
4. Nene
5. kiba
they are going to do us proud. well lets watch and see what the next step will be.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Eastcoast(f): 2:05pm On Mar 30, 2007
LoverBwoy:

is there a website one can view this show?

is there a webiste for galaxy tv or STV even? undecided

Well STV has a website that isn't informative about the shows they air; however, they have their channel online but you need to subscribe to it. Here is a linkhttps://www.jumptv.com/en/channel/SilverbirdTVNigeria/
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2007
I am very happy to hear that Justina is doing well - she really is a great singer and turned concert halls in Switzerland into hothouses last year.

If you are interested to find out more about Justina - she has her own website: www.justina-ogunlolu.com
There you can listen to and download some of her own songs from her album "Life goes on".

Enjoy!
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2007
hi guys, d NFC show is really interesting n full of funny xters both d judges n d contestants bt it kind of luk annoying wen someone dat believes in his or her talent is being mocked by others.I think what those guys need is encouragement and not discouragement cuz i really respect them for having d courage to come out n showcase their talent,thumbs up to them.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2007
is anyone watching right now

I loved Kiba

he was just scintillating cool-handsome
and he could sing

I don't remember anyone else's name

but I thot the girl that sang the 'black brother, smooth brother' did good

the lady that sang toni braxton's song was also good

chai as I type Justina dey finish this song for here

na wa O

how come these people no audition for idols
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by cutey23: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2007
Idols west africa rockz mega!!! and Mike Magic is hot! lol kiss
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by NFC: 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2007
I'm glad that peeps are enjoying the show and it is so exciting, I saw two of the contestants at Basketmouth's uncensored 2 show yesterday and they were off the chain, I believe it was Justina and Peter and they did great! Also at the National Theatre FESTAC 77 30th Anniversary, Enjel and Christine were fantastic. Big up guys!!! More, More!!!!!!!
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by evasofrank: 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2007
Nokia First Chance!!! Hmmm!!!! It's rather strange but I do find myself embracing the show and its contestants. I was lucky to be at the Basketmouth Uncensored show and was surprised to find out that two of the contestants were there to sing. Justina (Florian take note) did really good and I am not surprised that she didn't falter on stage since she has been singing in Switzerland and in front of crowds. Peter (though a full stop of a man) was pretty good as well and all in a nut-shell they both didn't perform below my expectations which I find a rare thing (if I may say so myself!)

Oh well, I look forward to more interesting shows from the contestants and I hope they keep up the good work. I of course will not sign out without congratulating the First Chance crew. Doing Good!!! wink
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 6:42am On Apr 04, 2007
I am reading about both Nokia First Chance and Idols West Africa and am quite confused.

Why are there two talent hunts happening at the same time? Is it just another set of people jumping on the bandwaggon of popular reality shows? and if so, who "jumped" first, who came later?

And finally, what's difference between of these two competitions? Are the concepts the same or is there any difference?
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by evasofrank: 10:24am On Apr 04, 2007
Hey Florian, surprised to know that you are not aware west african Idols was on but all the same these are your answers:

NFC started before west african idols but as you know 'idols' is a household name so I guess its popularity superceded that of NFC. They are essentially the same concept but I think NFC has more to offer. It offers a record deal with DaWorks, three music videos, three months in England shooting the video and recording the album and a million naira. Idols still hasn't stated what exactly it is offering all we assume is that it is offering the usual. A record deal!!!

That's about it and on why two talent hunt shows are running at the same time? Well, I guess one would be for the Nigerian public and the other for Africa. lol!!! Actually i just think it was a matter of time and chance. They happened to fall within the same time that's all.

knock yourself out, wink grin
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by dongee(m): 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2007
the programme is really packed with gifted singers i really wish them the best. i listened to that beyounce's song rendered by sylvia and men i must say she really did well i am looking forward to seeing her in the next show. also Justina and kiba these three are my favourites. oh i forgot nene. wish them all the best in the struggle to victory.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Mustay(m): 7:17pm On Apr 05, 2007
All these shows are all 'bout luck.
A 2face could neva 've won any of these
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by dongee(m): 9:38pm On Apr 06, 2007
HEY NFC, WHATS UP AND WHEN IS THE NEXT SHOW COMING UP? I REALLY WANNA SEE MY STARS SYLVIA AND JUSTINA. HOPE ITS PRETTY SOON.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by NFC: 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2007
Guys, the contestants sound fly, they were just on Rhythm 93.7 with Wild Child and they were wonderful. Can't wait to see them on NTA at 8pm tomorrow. STV 9pm Saturday and Galaxy 7pm sundays.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2007
besides that who watched last saturday's show, fill me in.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by evasofrank: 9:04am On Apr 10, 2007
Happy Easter everyone!!!

I didn't catch the show from the begining but the saturday show was mainly about busking (singing for money). They were at The Palms and it was pretty good (though some people were bordering on scary). Actually, I think the whole idea behind the busking thing was to see how they could get the attention of the general public without constituting a nuisance of themselves but most of them did pretty good.

Have a nice day and knock yourselves out!!! Oh before i forget my usual sign out,  Welldone NFC Crew!!!
wink
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Mustay(m): 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2007
Guys, there are 4 contestants now left- 4 males.
Saw them on am express on saturday. I think d j.legend freak 'll win
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by evasofrank: 9:41am On Apr 16, 2007
Hey Mustang,   sorry Mustay, there are still 12 contestants left I presume it's just four that appeared on AM Express but on the Saturday show, there were still 12 contestants.

As for the Funtopia show, that's really innovative but I would really like to know why they are using random shows to vote and do the contestants themselves know that they are being voted off with these shows because from what i saw on Saturday they are sleeping off and forgetting the essence of their being on the show. I think they should have proper weekly shows where they know it's them against the public and where they are properly dressed and made up cos saturday looked like they were trying on different clothes at the same time just to see what they would look like together. I hope I am not being to harsh but my name says it all.

NFC I hope that you are also not getting lax about the show because I am begining to see some cracks in your production and that's not a good sign!!! I am looking forward to being impressed next weekend so step up your game. You NEED the public remember?

As for Yinka Davies, she NEEDS to calm down and stop chewing grass. It's becoming more evident that that might be what she is HIGH on pretty much all the time. We need the judges to be saner than the contestants.  grin

Well done NFC Crew but you need to buckle up!!! Have a fantastic week[color=#550000]
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2007
As it has gotten pretty quiet on this forum about Nokia First Chance and given that I live in Kenya where I am not able to see the show on TV I would be grateful if somebody would give some more details on what's going at the show right now.

Are they already at the stage where people vote for the contestants and some of them leave the house? If not when is this phase going to start?
What do they show on TV if it is not the actual competition including the voting?
What have the shows over the last couple of weeks? Are they part of the selection process or not?
Is there a website on Nokia First Chance now?
And most importantly for me: how is Justina doing? It's quite hard not to be in touch with her so I would love to hear about her.

Thanks to anyone for sharing your thoughts!
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by trendy(f): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2007
seems someone have been talking to yinka
she's cooled down a bit lately
she's still a nosy bizzy body though
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by evasofrank: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2007
Florian good to have you back. Well, Justina is doing well. I think she is one of the better singers as i have often stated on this site so she will be in the show for quite a while.

The Show is going great. The past three weeks, they have been showing performances of the top 12 at different locations. Justina has been doing very well, so you have nothing to worry about. I guess they would start eliminating pretty soon but i suspect that they are trying to familiarise us with the top 12

I know this hasn't been very elaborate but that is all i have time for now. I will update you later

Knock yourself out!!!  grin
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Mustay(m): 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2007
Mustang. Mustay? The point?
Panadol? Ok o! D presenter didn't talk about the rest on the show
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by thecolonel: 5:33am On Apr 25, 2007
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by dongee(m): 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2007
Hi Guys the show has been cool i agree with u evasofrank, the last show was just not it a;; the contestants were rather dull. well i hope to see more life in their comming shows and when where they on rythem and when next will they be on air?
well i wish them all the best.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by dongee(m): 7:19pm On May 02, 2007
hey guys did any of u watch the sat show? well it was fun, they all thrilled us. and the performed well and my favourite did quite well. the like of sylvia , justina and saidat dapo also. i wish them all the best. i wonder who the three pple are going to be.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by NFC: 8:01pm On May 04, 2007
Wassup People?

The show is getting hotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Did you see the owambe show? They were all on fire! I hear eliminations are this week, so we better watch. Florian, from what I see, Justine is doing well. She did the song "Love Adure"for the owambe show, she did great. Dipo became a fuji musician (impressive I must say).

That's all folks!!!

Keep the dream alive
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 4:38pm On May 05, 2007
Is there any website on First Chance?
If there isn't it would make me doubt the credibility of this contest - it is hard to believe that there wouldn't be a website for a show that claims to launch Nigerian talent on the world stage
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by evasofrank: 3:57pm On May 06, 2007
Florian, we set our own standards as to what we think is NORMAL so if to you not having a website makes the credibility of the show questionable then so be it TO YOU!! For me I don't think it follows. I guess to believe you will have to wait till your girlfriend comes out or witness the benefits IF she wins!!!

I tried checking them online but it proved futile so i DOUBT that they have a website. Two people were evicted yesteday, one deserved it and the other one was pretty forgettable and i guess that's why she just didn't cut it for the viewers. One thing I do find strange is how the presenter has suddenly vanished from sight and why the eliminations were done by just one judge At least he got the job done!

I am sure i was sorely missed but needless to say, I am back and it really good to know that you guys have been following up!!!

Knock yourselves out as usual wink
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by SOJ(m): 8:22pm On May 07, 2007
angry angry angry

The show started out well enough but took a nose-dive much later when they performed in that birthday thingi.I mean,the judges didnt give them a fair chance at all.Not everyone can perform to such a crowd and that doesnt mean taht they are not stars in the making.Imagine a NiggaRaw performing to such a crowd!they wouldnt relate! So i think they have failed the evictees so far;they should give them a fair chance as well as a first chance, abeg! I agree the idea is innovative as opposed to IDOLS but they shouldnt have gone that far.Maybe things will take a good trun later but right now,the show is low on my personal rating.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 9:23pm On May 07, 2007
I am rootin for that boy Kibia(Christopher), the fair dude,

My ohh my, the dude can sing oo, I fell for his voice the first day of the show, When he sang my favorite song(Gallery by Mario Vazquez) very well,

I saw the one of last saturday n he was among the 10 contestant that were safed out of 12,

They r all good singer anyway, but i still root for Chris, He is gettin my votes all the way,
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by evasofrank: 3:36pm On May 10, 2007
SOJ I do agree with you that it would be hard to perform in front of a crowd but you will agree with me that they have performed in front of crowds before so that is not new to them it is just that that crowd was larger than their regular crowds and the truth is that they would need to get used to it because that is what they have chose for themselves by attempting First Chance. I mean they sang at Shoprite! What crowd could possibly be bigger than that?

I think that those who went home were brewing for it because they were not pulling their weights at all. My problem though is that it is one judge that does the eviction and where is Isis or whatever her name is? Kiba has the star factor that's what's going for him other than that his voice doesn't wow me, it's a voice you could here on an average person with a nice voice. He needs to wow me. cool

Wishing you a spectacular weekend. wink
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Skally "Dadubule" Crooner Dead ? / The Latest Music Download Website *both Naija And Hip-hop* / DOWNLOAD MP3: Young Thug – Magnolia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.