Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Nokia 'First Chance' Show - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nokia 'First Chance' Show (10187 Views)

Fresh Video : Timaya Ft Sarkodie - One Chance (dance Video) / Are You A Tight Rapper? Here's A Chance To Get Known. / Justin Of Nokia First Chance Releases Single And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 7:04am On Aug 08, 2007
I saw Justina over the last couple of days and she was still recovering from 5 months confinement in the house and the anxiety of the recent days and weeks.

On Monday, she met Jazz Black from DaWorks to discuss next steps. As Justina will have shows in Switzerland in September, he suggested that they will touch base towards the end of September to discuss the record contract.

You will be able to read updates on how things are unfolding in this respect, both on this site as well as on Justina's website (www.justina-ogunlolu.com/biography.htm).

I am sure that Justina would be very happy if you send her your comments and encouragement which you can post on her website under www.justina-ogunlolu.com/guests.htm (Just click on the link "Ins Gästebuch eintragen"wink.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2007
Florian?

are you in Nigeria?

Say hi! to Justina alrit
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by denex: 10:43am On Aug 09, 2007
@Isis-Naira

they are very lucky that with all their ojoro, she did not choke and die on her voice.

Gulder that is doing ojoro Ultimate Search in Jos has already lost the life of one contestant before anything.

Let them carry on.

I'm organizing my own reality show soon and it's not going to be as complicated and round-about a circle as all this rubbish these people are doing. It just going to be a higher level of a quiz show. Y'all watch out cos nairaland is going to be a part.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by trendy(f): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2007
@ Denex, please am intrested in your own show
let's make a deal, i will be the winner grin
it will cost you half the prize money, i wont collect the actual amount annouce
just half, do we have a deal?
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Wifi: 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2007
NOKIA FIRST CHANCE HAS BEEN A TRUE NIGERIAN SCAM - JUSTINA WAS THE AUDIENCE'S CHOICE !!!

I am working for one of the mobile phone companies involved in the voting - so I have seen the votes coming in for the different contestants all through the last months.
Based on the audience votes, Christine should have long ago left the show - most of the time, Justina and Kiba received most votes, later on, it was Justina and Enjel who were ahead of Christine.

In the final, Justina was clearly leading ahead of Christine, so from the audience vote she should have won the show. No wonder that in contrast to West African Idols the organizers of Nokia First Chance never published the votes - it would be very difficult for them to explain how Christine survived for so long and could even win in spite of the audience's clear preference for Justina.

I personally don't really have any preference for either Christine or Justina but my sense of justice has been insulted when I saw on TV Christine being declared the winner of Nokia First Chance.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by trendy(f): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2007
that's not true and so unfair
christine have proven herself to be great too,
it was until the last day that justina overshadowed christine with her stage power ( not that christine didn't have her's) christine deserve to win
this is no scam at all, and i dont agree
the fact that christine that move her body seductively does not mean she is not great
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by trendy(f): 10:21am On Aug 10, 2007
it takes more than a one post liar to confirm what you said
@ wifi
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by suze(f): 11:11am On Aug 10, 2007
Wifi:

NOKIA FIRST CHANCE HAS BEEN A TRUE NIGERIAN SCAM - JUSTINA WAS THE AUDIENCE'S CHOICE !!!

I am working for one of the mobile phone companies involved in the voting - so I have seen the votes coming in for the different contestants all through the last months.
Based on the audience votes, Christine should have long ago left the show - most of the time, Justina and Kiba received most votes, later on, it was Justina and Enjel who were ahead of Christine.

In the final, Justina was clearly leading ahead of Christine, so from the audience vote she should have won the show. No wonder that in contrast to West African Idols the
organizers of Nokia First Chance never published the votes - it would be very difficult for them to explain how Christine survived for so long and could even win in spite of the audience's clear preference for Justina.

I personally don't really have any preference for either Christine or Justina but my sense of justice has been insulted when I saw on TV Christine being declared the winner of Nokia First Chance.

Firstly, all networks were involved in voting.So you can not base your conclusions from one network.Please always get your complete facts before posting on Nairaland.

Secondly,the audience choice is different from audience votes.How many people watched nokia first chance to the extent of voting.Most people voted with mouth

Thirly,the owner of the record label was interviewed and they had already said that the final winner will be chosen not just based on audience votes but on the choice of the record label.

From the interview,The judges on the record label,sad Justine is obviously a better performer but felt christine is more talented.
1. Christine is a much better lyrics and tune composer(Hence they feel her album will sell better)
2. She's talented,she can play the piano and the guitar
3. She has a sweet, innocent voice.

They feel christine will be a good ambassador for Nigeria in the international world to showcase talent.Nokia first chance is a "TALENT SHOW COMPETITION".So they felt christine deserved to win.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by trendy(f): 3:07pm On Aug 10, 2007
@Suze, Abi, Christine was better , throughout the show i never for once felt the need to vote for justina, no disrespect to her, she's good too,

But when christine performs she hold you spell bound
'you just want to listen to her
and you feel this calm all over you,

plus i think that wifi poster is just playing pranks
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Top9jajamz: 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2007
*****Deleted post*******
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by denex: 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2007
@trendy

my competition is about display of true art. It's either you've got it or you've not. There, no way to scam it.

Also, we're setting a precedence with the first edition of the competition so I don't think it would be good to start off on a bad note.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Mustay(m): 5:53am On Aug 13, 2007
I wanna believe they've finished d show. Just lost interest after d john legend wannabe left
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by oceanblue(m): 7:22am On Sep 03, 2007
One fin is clear, alot of this critics cannot even sing twinkle twinkle little star! av not seen the show, but i strongly believe in anyfin indigenous. I wonder when some fools will begin to appreciate home born ideas, and stop comparing fins around them with d west. Take for example (BB)uk starts off with bunch of wannabees & nobodies who get support of voters and a platform to become famous. At the end of the show most of them land advert deals, launch their own fashion range and even export to third world countries. eg JADE GOODY (just jade)
But we continue to live with the pre colonial reference that makes us feel anyfin a white man does is better. For how long are we gonna be slaves?
Lets encourage our talents by creating a condusive enviroment for them to grow, it will only make them better.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by suze(f): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2007
Christine says justina is going out with dude tetsola.I'm happy for them o!
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by trendy(f): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2007
suze:

Christine says justina is going out with dude tetsola.I'm happy for them o!

wow , that boy is handsome o! cool
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Mustay(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2007
so them neva finish
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lanretyson(m): 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2007
Well Guys, Justine's Video is finally Out ! It Was Shot Weeks Before She Picked Up The Form For Nokia First Chance And Wasn't Edited Until 2Weeks Ago! So It's Actually About 8 Months Old ! I  Started The Edit Two Weeks Ago And Am Done. It Has Been Aired Already On Primetime Africa ! Just In Case U Haven't Seen It, U Can Check It Out On Myspace As Soon As Am Done Uploading It .The Video was Directed By Dude Tetsola,Shot By Olumide Oyedepo & Osas And Edited By Me (Lanre Tyson - I also Edited Episodes 6,7,8,9,11 and 13 Of Nokia first Chance Before I Left Them And Went A.W.O.L For Reasons Best Left Untold!!!! To Avoid Any Further Embarassments For The Organisers. )
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lanretyson(m): 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2007
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.showvids&friendID=243586755 This link will take u to my videos homepage on myspace where u can play justina's video (the uncensored edit).The video is titled Justin - "Na Me & U" ( her stage name is actually "JUSTIN" and not "JUSTINA"wink.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Mustay(m): 8:26am On Oct 26, 2007
wdf?

u guys dint tell us who won for final na?
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by kokobioko(m): 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2008
News Flash.

Kiba real name christopher Peter has just signed with a record company called freedom. His first single is due sometime in August. i hear it will be produced by OJB. excited?
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by WisdomBank1: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2019
Was just thinking about this show and wow!!! found it here again.. Wow. It brought some nice memories!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Skally "Dadubule" Crooner Dead ? / The Latest Music Download Website *both Naija And Hip-hop* / DOWNLOAD MP3: Young Thug – Magnolia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.