Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Nokia 'First Chance' Show - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nokia 'First Chance' Show (10186 Views)

Fresh Video : Timaya Ft Sarkodie - One Chance (dance Video) / Are You A Tight Rapper? Here's A Chance To Get Known. / Justin Of Nokia First Chance Releases Single And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2007
Lets see wat happens tonite,

Even witout NEPA(PHCN), i wont miss the show,
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by dongee(m): 6:06pm On May 14, 2007
i agree with u evasofrank, kiba just has the looks but does not have a striking voice. pple like sylvia justina and nene are plle that have what it takes. if peter had a good diction he would ave been good but the way he pronounces his word make it difficult for any one to understand him. he has a better voice than kiba, really. as regards vocals and diction sylvia is my best contestant i think u should watch out and see what she,s got to offer justina is good but she over does it sometimes.i also think any task they are given is to help them the owanbe party as just to test their ability to entertain that kind of setting. i think its a good try
i give it up to all of them
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 9:47pm On May 14, 2007
Hi dongee

thanks for your observations - I would be interested in understanding what you mean when you write about Justina "she overdoes it some times". Could you explain this or give some examples?
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by dongee(m): 8:24pm On May 15, 2007
Hi Florian,
what i mean is Justina is good, no doubt about that but when u now make it seem as if u are better than all other pple u end up making a laughing stock out of yourself. personaly her last two performance was not what i expected from someone like her. the owambe party, we all saw that she made a fool of herself infront of very old pple i mean pple btw the ages of 35 to 80 or even more than that. for a crowd like that u dont do things you dont act like that infront of old pple it only tells them one thing. lets not dwell on that. then the second performnace, started very well only for her to over do it some adlib that ended in disaster the judges even said it. anyway it good to know that mistakes are made so one can learn from them.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by NFC: 9:37am On May 18, 2007
Alrighty!!!!!!!!!!!So I've got news for peeps who are searching for First Chance online, asides this forum, they have been getting mad press, so you can check articles on them online in Nigerian online newspapers like The Guardian, This Day, Daily Independent etc but most of all

www.firstchance.tv

Have fun.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 11:20pm On May 19, 2007
Hi NFC and anyone,

that's great news that there finally is a website.
Just looked at it though and realized that there is not really a lot of information on the site. As I am living outside Nigeria and can't watch the show on TV, it would be great if the website contained some news on recent developments at Nokia First Chance - for example, I have read that two people already got voted out of the house, but the website creates the impression that all 12 people are still in the house.

This brings me to the following questions:
- where is the show at this stage - how many people have already been evicted?
- Who is still in the house?
- How does the eviction work? Is it all voting by the viewers as in Idols or do the judges votum count as well?
- How will the show continue going forward - one person voted out per week as in other talent competitions?
- When will the winner be chosen?

Look forward to anybody's thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to address these questions.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 12:03am On May 22, 2007
wow wee! Nokia First Chance rocks. I don't care a freakle if some say it's not original or whatever or the fact that Yinka Davies is being too harsh. The truth be told, she's just being straightforward and that's the best for those guys. Ifeoma has been real passive. The show's too original to be dumped. As for the contestants, I used to love Christina at the beginning till when she got into the top 12 and started picking songs that didn't fit her. But her last performance was ok. I just love Justina for he
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 12:16am On May 22, 2007
r maturity, especially when she sang the song "sweet love". my dad says she's gon win this contest. If she puts her ad libs on the low. And as for Kiba, the guy annoys me. He thinks his colour is all it takes for him to get there. He's not even the type that puts me on. But I think his last performance was his best. Not to forget Enjel, he has this thing about him. Like when he did the "keke" song, he had this air of originality around him, and this comical tendency. Dipo, the guy with the brown kangol, is
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 12:24am On May 22, 2007
another good one. He has a good voice and could go far if he works on it. do you think i forgot Sylvia? Nah. She won my heart over with the Beyonce songs she's sung, esp. LISTEN. But I think she's waning a lil'bit. Nene's cool. she's got IT and Peter needs to set his ass out ne the show. Above all, it's a really wonderful show. Wish I was on it.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 5:49pm On May 24, 2007
Hey plzz plzz @sharn, dont just criticise my Kiba, He is gettin my votes all the way,
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 9:51pm On May 24, 2007
@lakeside4luv. let's be frank. Kiba's not what NFC's looking 4. it's more like Justina & Chioma
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 10:18am On May 25, 2007
I wont say u r wrong Sharn,

Chioma n Justina r very good, Especially Chioma, i respect n like her charisma, She got me when she sang the remix of Fela "Water no get Enemy" at the Owambe party,

havent seen much of Justina, but leave my Kiba alone, He might not be wat NFC wants, but he is gettin peoples votes, i know that for sure,
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 7:50pm On May 25, 2007
Yeah, yeah. So who do you what as the winner?
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 12:37pm On May 26, 2007
To make u smile,

Chioma,Justina n Kiba, Might be the last 3 standing,

Chioma might carry the day, but shes too big, so Justina or Kiba r there to give her a good fight,
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 1:19pm On May 26, 2007
These are the remaining contestants Left in the house,

Pictures courtesy of www.firstchance.tv

Isnt my boy Kiba d cutest?

Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 1:22pm On May 26, 2007
More pics,

Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2007
Kiba n Omo

Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 1:28pm On May 26, 2007
slyvia

Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 9:56pm On May 26, 2007
Ill was the presenter. GT the guitarman had a guest performance doing the song 'DREAMS'. The contestants were asked to do their own songs. NENE did the song 'KUKU'. Twas nice. I luv the concept. - "no bi mai mai". Yinka said it was INTERESTING. Chioma sang 'YOU'VE GOT ME FEELING'. I didn't really like it. I only loved her facial expressions. I'm not being cool, right? I know. Yinka said it was Junk Disco. PASS MARK.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 10:09pm On May 26, 2007
I saw that presenter dude earlier this week at the Cinema,

Just finish watching tonite episode, n i must confess, am fallin more n more wit my guy Kiba, wit the way he sings,

Nene did well wit the song Kuku, I did Enjoy it too, Chioma i didnt feel her today,

One person i never took notice of was Enjel, If i want to be honest, i think he won todays show, wit that "Dakun baby" performance,

and Justina, she was breathtaking too, She sang "Ashi(Lies)", n she got the judges,

Overall, i think this show is far far far better than West africa Idols, wat do u say?

U know at first when i saw GT performing, my thought was, maybe he was goin to be included in the contest, n i was like, the bobo will whitewash all of the other contestants,
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 10:23pm On May 26, 2007
Justina sang'ASHI'meaning LIES. She said the song was based on her first relationship. She was lied to go the relationship. @florian, hope u ain't lying to her? Or she'll write you a song too. Lolz.She was clad in black pants, a red beret, 'pendulum'earrings, a black and white armless top and a black tie. She was fantastic. Sounded like Whitney somehow. The judges loved her. Performance wise, everything.For me, it's Christine & Justina.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 10:25pm On May 26, 2007
Sylvia sang'I AM ME'. Funny thing is she's not a song writer but she wrote a very good song based on her childhood experience. Ok.I missed the Kiba part of the show, pity!Christine did the best song. Jazz said so! Yinka was just like 'WELL DONE, WELL DONE, WELL DONE.'Enjel re-sang'DAKUN BABY'. Just nice. But I don't think it is what we need. Yinka said it again."He's a comedian." Ifeoma REALLY ENJOYED IT. Jazz was just JAZZY about it.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 10:28pm On May 26, 2007
@ lakeside. what was Kiba like?
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 4:18pm On May 27, 2007
Sharn u know when u combine Craig David,Mario Vazquez n Usher together, U get our own Star, n thats Kiba for u,

D dude wuld floor any of those above mentioned artist if he sees a good manager n director, believe me,

I will be at the contestants party in Victoria Island next 2 weeks to give him some good advice n props, Even if he doesnt win the competition, He wuld make our country proud if he shuld pursue his musical career,
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 7:33pm On May 27, 2007
pity, i'll be back in London in 2 weeks.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by hype: 10:21am On May 28, 2007
I keep wondering why dis nfc contestants didn't audition for idols instead cos i think they are much better singers compared to the idols contestants but with one exception, which is TIMI.(That boy can sing). I think if the nfc contestants were in idols they would have given Timi a much stronger run for his money. (Timi all the way).
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 10:58am On May 28, 2007
yeah that's right.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Mustay(m): 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2007
That fair boy that presented. . . I used to see him at Lag abi no be him? For pol sci/law
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2007
Good golly! NFC's on now.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2007
Sound Sultan was present and uh, oh! Nene's out! And Sylvia too. who's next? It's Kiba vs Enjel
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Sharn06: 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2007
And it's Enjel. Pity!
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 11:12am On Jun 04, 2007
Come see way i was dancin all around our house when Kiba was saved,

Everyone was like, wats wrong wit me, n i am like, "U people dont know how much i so want that boy "kiba" to remain in the show,

Its a pity Nene n Enjel had to leave, Anyway, My predication is comin to pass,

Chioma,Justina n Kiba r in the last 4, Christine is sure goin to give those 3 a tough time,

Wowww am still jubilatin, i actually voted for kiba like 10times x50 naira, thats a whole 500naira, lol, n it pays at the end,

Lets see wat happens next,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Young Thug – Magnolia / Skally "Dadubule" Crooner Dead ? / The Latest Music Download Website *both Naija And Hip-hop*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.