Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,713 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why (27121 Views)

I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money / What Data Does Android Back Up Automatically? / What Data Does Android Back Up Automatically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by gordii(m): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2018
i said goodbye to whatsapp calls when i discovered imo app...it's cleaner (doesn't distort ur voice), smoother, much less delay (with a decent network you don't even notice the delay)...infact the call experience is very close to a normal gsm voice call, even when the network is not very good (especially glo). the main problem i had was convincing my contacts to download the app... what i can't ascertain is whether it consumes more data than whatsapp.
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by gordii(m): 9:38am On Apr 04, 2018
imo app
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by omocalabar(m): 9:40am On Apr 04, 2018
richybanky:

How can someone check data used in making calls/video call on whatsapp?
tap the call icon on ur WhatsApp...the call icon is on ur right hand side after status
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by kalu61(m): 9:40am On Apr 04, 2018
Ihatelove:
i hate whatsap calls angry
hahaha, what if call you now. u no go pick
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Bigsteveg(m): 9:43am On Apr 04, 2018
omocalabar:
Nice work..I once made a 1hr30mins call was charge abt 450mb
It a not possible. I made 2 hours plus call yesterday and was charged less than 50mb. Check well bro.
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by ogbiwa: 9:49am On Apr 04, 2018
I so much love innovative inventions. I wonder where our lives would be without it. The kind of rules and regulations you have to scale with these network providers just to make/receive one minute on an international call using your regular SIM. But with OTT services especially whatsapp you just connect with ease to any location in the world and talk for as long as you like knowing whatever amount of data you would consume on the call would never compare. No need for international calling plans that they design to cut your throat, roaming, 145k/second etc. Before OTT calls, I once spoke to an Aunt in common Ghana using MTN for less than 2 mins and was charged over N200!
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by okolet(m): 9:50am On Apr 04, 2018
You were consumed really?
Yhunoos:
Like you read my mind, just today after a whatsapp call I was wondering how much data I was consumed.

1 Like

Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by omocalabar(m): 9:51am On Apr 04, 2018
Bigsteveg:

It a not possible. I made 2 hours plus call yesterday and was charged less than 50mb. Check well bro.
check the photo I jus uploaded

Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by mcbertin: 9:56am On Apr 04, 2018
Have u guys tried the Holvox app.

Men, it’s way better than WhatsApp. Especially with low data activation. I use it when I want to save data. It has really low data consumption and voice quality is something else.

Try guys!
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:00am On Apr 04, 2018
l
omocalabar:

never. not possible.
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Offpoint: 10:00am On Apr 04, 2018
grayht:
I made 4hrs of whatsapp call on 4G and i was surprised i was charged 13mb on mtn
4 hours call... where you talking to JESUS?

1 Like

Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by omocalabar(m): 10:01am On Apr 04, 2018
4llerbuntu:
l

never. not possible.
check the photos I uploaded
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Offpoint: 10:04am On Apr 04, 2018
zone51:

3.5MB for 11minutes? shocked shocked shocked, that's unbelievable. below is my history of a call to Brooklyn 8MB for 42mins cool
Ola London.... is Brooklyn in London again ni? grin
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by alobright17(m): 10:07am On Apr 04, 2018
At least it is still better and saves me money calling naija from my based country than normal calls.
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Offpoint: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2018
Ismaeelazeez:
PLS. MUST BOTH THE CALLER AND RECEIVER HAVE DATA ON THEIR FAN?
No. the caller will have data on his 'FAN' and the receiver will have data on his CEILINGgrin
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 04, 2018
Offpoint:

4 hours call... where you talking to JESUS?
No, was talking to metusellah
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Offpoint: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2018
grayht:
No, was talking to metusellah
oh, is he related to salah obj?
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by richybanky(m): 10:45am On Apr 04, 2018
omocalabar:
tap the call icon on ur WhatsApp...the call icon is on ur right hand side after status
Got it.. Thanks
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by faithsystem(f): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2018
who is charged/pays on whatsapp calls, is it the caller or the receiver?
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Bigsteveg(m): 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
omocalabar:
Mine is on a 4G network. See pictures. Try another call and confirm. And more so which network are u using.

Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by slimdamatrix1(m): 3:26am On Apr 05, 2018
Ihatelove:
i hate whatsap calls angry

Is there anything you don’t hate? Abeg make person pass angry
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by slimdamatrix1(m): 3:27am On Apr 05, 2018
faithsystem:
who is charged/pays on whatsapp calls, is it the caller or the receiver?

The both pays but via their data.
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Miamibutch(m): 8:42am On Apr 05, 2018
slimdamatrix1:

The both pays but via their data.
Who pays more or do they pay same?
And does it differ in isp?
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by slimdamatrix1(m): 8:46am On Apr 05, 2018
Miamibutch:

Who pays more or do they pay same?
And does it differ in isp?

Erm I think they pay same, I mean it is the same amount of data that is gonna be consumed on both ends so...
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by zone51: 11:18am On Apr 05, 2018
Offpoint:

Ola London.... is Brooklyn in London again ni? grin

Sorry i was wrong

Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by zone51: 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2018
omocalabar:
omocalabar:
Bigsteveg:

Data consumption while on Video call is much than audio call
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Emeka71(m): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2018
Ifebaby16:
wink
How much
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by mubarak1996(m): 10:33am On Apr 10, 2018
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Ihatelove(f): 7:37am On Apr 18, 2018
Infamous:

What do you even like?
i love peace
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Ihatelove(f): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2018
kalu61:
hahaha, what if call you now. u no go pick
i wont angry
Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 18, 2018
grayht:
I made 4hrs of whatsapp call on 4G and i was surprised i was charged 13mb on mtn
if you are in the rural area Whatsapp voice call is the best.. But the downside is data can't be on 24/7 because of ba3

2 Likes

Re: How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 18, 2018
Tochyodiks:
if you are in the rural area Whatsapp voice call is the best.. But the downside is data can't be on 24/7 because of ba3
exactly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel, Smile, Glo Make Final Five To Buy 9mobile / How To Share Glo Data On Glo Self-care Portal (hsi.glo.com) / USSD Code: How To Check Your Gtbank Account Balance With Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.