Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? (30905 Views)

Are Christians allowed to eat Meat Offered To Them By Muslims On Festivals. / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo / Can Christian Couple Have Sex After Traditional Marriage Ceremony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Pusyiter(m): 10:25am On Apr 04, 2018
Always on point her royal sweetest. cool
MissRaine69:
Before religion was a traditional marriage not sacred? Are you any less married if you have a traditional marriage instead of a white wedding? Does his familt not refer to you as daughter in law? This is the issue with Nigeria trying to serve far too many masters and getting conflicted
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by jnrremedy(m): 10:27am On Apr 04, 2018
uruego:
Please, wait until you exchange vows in the church and blessed by a man of God. You may decided to do same on the traditional wedding day(i.e exchanging vows and receiving marital blessing) This opinion may not be popular but the standard of God cannot change.

can u pls quote a bible passage that give credence to this your delusional standard of God where God mandated marriage to be consummated in church or by a prophet or pastor
Some Christians do things cause it is the church tradition not cos they are convinced or informed
Any pastor that says church wedding is the only wedding recognized by God is preaching heresy.
Yes it is good to get Gods blessing in d church but that does not change the truth
Church wedding is an invention of new generational Christians which is not bad on its own but people should stop saying things cos they dont no

G

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by slap1(m): 10:32am On Apr 04, 2018
Allowed by who?
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by AreaFada2: 10:34am On Apr 04, 2018
dfrost:

I think it has to do with the individuals, not the government. The law recognises all types of marriage. It is Nigerians that like complicating their lifestyle all in a bid to intimidate or prove nothing.

If you were applying for a visa to Japan, would their govt recognise trado marriage? It won't because it is not officially documented by any govt body. In the event of death, does trado marriage protect a widow well enough regarding inheritance? No it doesn't.

Laws gradually change society.

Sure we 9ja overdo things. But most women use the excuse of legal protection offered by registry marriage to press for it.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by AreaFada2: 10:35am On Apr 04, 2018
dfrost:

I think it has to do with the individuals, not the government. The law recognises all types of marriage. It is Nigerians that like complicating their lifestyle all in a bid to intimidate or prove nothing.

If you were applying for a visa to Japan, would their govt recognise trado marriage? It won't because it is not officially documented by any govt body. In the event of death, does trado marriage protect a widow well enough regarding inheritance? No it doesn't.

Laws gradually change society.

Sure we 9ja overdo things. But most women use the excuse of legal protection offered by registry marriage to press for it. In addition to church and trado.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by ejimatic: 10:37am On Apr 04, 2018
Nigerian constitution recognises two forms of marriage'''traditional marriage and statutory marriage The traditional marriage is contracted when the two families come together and the bride price is paid. The bride parent hands over the wife to her husband.The hand over of the bride to the grooms parents makes the traditional marriage completes. After this the husband and wife are free to have sex as much as they want to do it.
On the other hand, statutory marriage is done at the registry or churches that have been licensed to do so with the support of the Local government. Marriage papers are signed in the process-after this new husband and wife can start having sex-
There is no need of combining the two types since both of them are acceptable in the law of Nigeria.

However some people still combine them.. In such a way that after traditional wedding they still go for marriage certificate in the registry for paper reference.
Finally after traditional wedding, if a couple have sex they have not comited any sin at all because traditional wedding is a wedding itself acceptable in Law and in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by RedDistrict: 10:38am On Apr 04, 2018
Traditional marriage is marriage also

once you do trad marriage, you are married. you have seen the parents and paid bride price. our wanting to copy the western culture make us do about 4 ceremonies in the name of marriage (introduction, traditional. court, white bla bla)

2 of my uncles only did traditional marriage and are happily married now with wonderful children also

Religion is really more of a problem in this country than anything else.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by RedDistrict: 10:48am On Apr 04, 2018
bittertruth1234:
If you are still going to have church wedding after traditional wedding you can't have sex.But it only traditional wedding your plan then sex can follow

This is wrong sir

she is your wife after you have 'officially' married her which is valid after a traditional marriage is done.

dont let religion enslave you. i am a Christian also btw
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by alertness(m): 10:54am On Apr 04, 2018
ShitHead:
Dumbest question ever!

You said: "traditional marriage." So, there is a marriage.

You can Fvck in the morning, afternoon and night, in the kitchen, toilet, balcony, bathroom, spread legs wide open and throw them up in the ceiling for deeper penetration...just fvck, fvck,fvcccccck! Doggy, monkey, wheelbarrow, missionary, scissors, cowgirl....ooooooo! Just fvck, fvck,fvck...bam-bam, pam-pam, jigijigi...anyhow. Marriage is marriage. White wedding nah traditional marriage for the white people, our own too nah traditional marriage. PLEASE FVCK, FVCK!

you're indeed a 'shiit head' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by ajaymina(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2018
chauvinist:
Yes

Once you don pay dowry, brideprice, elders don drink palmwine, break kolanut, the papa don pray for you, give consent

My brother.... Go on a fuxking spree with ur wife

Church wedding is unnecessary White man's traditional marriage, it does not validates anything ignorance in Africa...Na black mentality dey worry us
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by MaziOmenuko: 10:59am On Apr 04, 2018
EverGlorious:

First of all, the true author of Christianity is Jesus Christ himself and not the 'white people'.

To answer your questions if you haven't gotten it by now, NO, Christians are not allowed to have sex after Traditional marriage because the marriage ain't valid yet until the Christian marriage.

Would have been nice if you quoted some scriptures to validate your claim. All you typed was based on your own personal view and nothing biblical.

Meanwhile, you may need to read up the history of what we now call 'White marriage'. It was never recorded in the bible, unless the bible is no longer the source of your faith.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by CANTICLES: 11:04am On Apr 04, 2018
Chikita66:
Yes, even God is in support of traditional wedding cos he attended one in bible and turn water into wine.

Son of God.

Fixed!
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 04, 2018
Yes, you can, if you have no intentions of getting married in church (white wedding).
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by jattopeter(m): 11:23am On Apr 04, 2018
TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, WHITE WEDING IS A BOROW CULTURE. THE MAIN WEDING I KNOW IS TRADITIONAL WEDING. NOTHING STOP YOU FROM SEX AFTER TRADITIONAL WEDING.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Akolawole(m): 11:23am On Apr 04, 2018
Christianity shouldn't be mixed with Culture. It does not mix.
Don't mix A and B together.

Consent of Parents and family is crucial in marriage. The standard practice in the 80's is traditional marriage on Thursday / Friday then Church wedding on Saturday. Shikena!

Now, everything is upside down

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by NairaMaster1(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

ACCURATE.

Over accurate. Non of my sons will waste their money on a borrowed culture again. NEVER.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Pricelessangel0(f): 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2018
This question was asked in our church and the answer was in as much as u know u re bringing her to church, there should be no intimacy, thats why it is adviced both should be done within close range to avoid temptation
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2018
NairaMaster1:

Over accurate. Non of my sons will waste their money on a borrowed culture again. NEVER.

CHURCH WEDDING IS A WASTE NA.

DOESN'T GUARANTEE HAPPINESS, NOR A FRUITFUL MARRIAGE. DOESN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING.

IN FACT, MORE THAN 100% OF THE MARRIAGES THAT HAVE CRASHED IN NIGERIA WERE DONE IN CHURCHES.

ABSOLUTE TRASH.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2018
Pricelessangel0:
This question was asked in our church and the answer was in as much as u know u re bringing her to church, there should be no intimacy, thats why it is adviced both should be done within close range to avoid temptation

THE WEDDING THAT JESUS ATTENDED IN THE BIBLE WAS A TRADITIONAL WEDDING. HE EVEN OFFERED THEM JARS OF WINE TO SHOW THEM SUPPORT. THEY ALL GOT DRUNK AND HAD UNLIMITED SEX AFTER THE RECEPTION.

WHAT WE HAVE THESE DAYS ARE INVENTED DOCTRINES. AS LONG AS BOTH FAMILIES HAVE JOINED THEIR CHILDREN IN MATRIMONY, IT HAS BEEN JOINED EVERYWHERE... INCLUDING HEAVEN, OR WHEREVER THEIR GODS RESIDE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by UDUJ(m): 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE WEDDING THAT JESUS ATTENDED IN THE BIBLE WAS A TRADITIONAL WEDDING. HE EVEN OFFERED THEM JARS OF WINE TO SHOW THEM SUPPORT. THEY ALL GOT DRUNK AND HAD UNLIMITED SEX AFTER THE RECEPTION.

WHAT WE HAVE THESE DAYS ARE INVENTED DOCTRINES. AS LONG AS BOTH FAMILIES HAVE JOINED THEIR CHILDREN IN MATRIMONY, IT HAS BEEN JOINED EVERYWHERE... INCLUDING HEAVEN, OR WHEREVER THEIR GODS RESIDE.

Bro at the bold face, I take it that was a joke right? undecided

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:10pm On Apr 04, 2018
UDUJ:

At the bold face, I take it that was a joke right? undecided

DON'T EVEN THINK I MEANT PLUS JESUS.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by UDUJ(m): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

DON'T EVEN THINK I MEANT PLUS JESUS.

grin cheesy Crazy dude cheesy

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Amhappy(f): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2018
No. No sex before wedding is a rule set by the Church and we are bound to respect the body of Christ. The rule was set for a reason. Though i didn't keep it because my husband no gree. Nigerian Men!.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by TOKNOW: 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2018
EverGlorious:
I know a lot people here are going to bash me for this but it's okay. I'm not the right or worthy person to say this but since no one here have no plans of saying this its good people know the Truth.

First of all, the true author of Christianity is Jesus Christ himself and not the 'white people'. This has been a sad misconception for a very long time till now. If I write a book and I want you and your whole family, friends and relations to read it and know it, and live by it and I give it to you first to read it and pass on, that doesn't make you the owner or creator of the book, you where just privileged to share it to other people. The white people don't own Christianity neither did they create it. And it's not 'black' mentality, for all those that'll always like to give themselves an excuse to do wrong. Well that's by the way. And FYI it's proper name is Christian marriage and not 'white wedding'.

In order for your marriage to be truly valid, three things must check, if any one is left out, your marriage is incomplete and may suffer in future (and by then the only people you can point at is your village people):
- the hospital
- the family
- the church

- the hospital has to check in the sense that the couple has to find out their compatibility status or else they'll be doing their children, their pockets and even their self serious bad. Compatibility status like your genotype, blood group, and any other related tests in the hospital/lab.

- the family has to check in the sense that both couples families have to agree and consent to giving their children away (though this is mostly the case of the woman). In some countries there's nothing like traditional marriage. They just fix a dinner where the families come together and know themselves and agree on what's up. But here in Nigeria culture, we do ours in an amazing manner where both families come together and the ladies family gives her hand out to the other family and they come to an agreement, in a grand style. This is our culture and this is good, very good.

But my friend your marriage is not yet complete, yes you've gotten your parents blessings, fine. But you see marriage is a special gift, a sacrament from God. And if he has given us such great gift, won't it be fitting that he bless it for us through his servants, our ministers in our Church?

- the church has to check in the sense that every marriage has to be blessed and bonded by God through His ministers so no one can put asunder. Yes I know, people seize this moment to point at the broken 'Christian' homes, cheating husbands/wives and co., but if you understand God you'll know that he allows some things just to test our faith. Constant prayer is needed in every marriage, in every home. Christian marriage is not to make your marriage known to the world, but rather to make your marriage known to God, to bring God into your marriage. It can be done between you, your spouse and the priest/pastor of your church. The misconception nowadays is that you must invite the whole world before you know you've done Christian marriage. And that's why many people shy away and give lousy excuses why it's not important and unnecessary. Now I tell you, a Christian marriage can be done between you and your spouse and a few family members. You don't have to do it big. Cut your coat according to your size. Besides the Christian marriage has nothing to do with the reception. It's just additional celebration.

Sorry this had to be this long. To answer your questions if you haven't gotten it by now, NO, Christians are not allowed to have sex after Traditional marriage because the marriage ain't valid yet until the Christian marriage.

I CONCUR WITH YOU ABSOLUTELY. It is Christian marriage, so if you say you are a Christian, do it the way Christianity ask you to do. A church minister MUST pronounce you husband and wife to make it Christian and that is after the bride price. The parties May not be necessary.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by TOKNOW: 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2018
I also wish to add that Christian marriage must not be in the church. A church minister can come to the venue of marriage and and we'd a couple.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by davidque: 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2018
EverGlorious:

Yes bro of course it's "MARRIAGE". The Lady is given to the man and his family and the two are joined together as husband and wife, by "THE FAMILIES", by the families, don't you get?

Are you an atheist? If yes then fine, I understand.

But we're Christians by culture. And we should live that way.
I would have loved to educate you on what you what a christian marriage is all about, but i dont think your mindset will allow accept my point. If you cant understand the simple, straight forward comment that i posted, then i wunt waste my time. I suppose that you feel that for a marriage to be called christian, a priest or man of God must do the joining! By the way what you call church wedding in Africa is merely traditional wedding in the Western world. what is most important is for the family to consent and for the joining to be done in Gods name (In Jesus name) by whoever stands as authority over the couple or family (it may be your church priest or pastor) and for all fetish components of our ancient traditions to be taken out of the ceremony, that's all. No need to duplicate ceremonies.
I expect that a christian single would have been trained and taught about marriage and Gods provision for marriage before he/she embarks on a journey of no return. It s also pertinent that whoever stands as priest and shepherd over such a couple during their courtship should bless them and join them in God and before their families.
I must not be in the four walls of a church building building before i'm joined in the christian way.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Igba123: 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2018
Earthbound:
Twitter is now church abi OP? Your matter na later.

Traditional wedding, then church wedding is the highest level of double standards.
duplication my brother. Though I did d two, not bc refusal will take me to hell, but bc I wanted to satisfy d conscience of my brethren. B4 then I let my interviewers knw what I think. Traditional is our own way whereas white is whites' own way.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by Geesaintagape: 2:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
Church mater don tire me. B4 St Valentine' was born they was on traditional marriage which joseph n mary did.
Valentine came with his philosophy introduced white wedding. My question is who is that valentine to determine life for Africa. Again church mater don tire me
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by EverGlorious(m): 2:29pm On Apr 04, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Would have been nice if you quoted some scriptures to validate your claim. All you typed was based on your own personal view and nothing biblical.

Meanwhile, you may need to read up the history of what we now call 'White marriage'. It was never recorded in the bible, unless the bible is no longer the source of your faith.

Yea maybe you could also quote for me the part of the bible that says "all people of God must find everything of Truth in the Bible", while you're doing that, you can also look up the word "Bible" in the Bible. If you don't find it then we've all been deceived, ain't it?

My brother it is common for people to put off or find excuses for things that would clash with their lifestyle.
I don't know the 'white wedding', but if you know God is the one who give us this gift of marriage - the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony, you believe it was through His grace that made it possible to have enough resources to put food on the table for more than just you, to join you with a wonderful partner to spend your life with, then what's all this argument about? What's wrong with Him blessing your marriage formally through His ministers in the church.

You know, some people actually justify, I mean really justify sex before marriage. So is it this one they wouldn't? This isn't new. Know the Truth and accept it, or don't. It's up to you.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by 1kinggy(m): 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
So far you've done one recognized wedding, the gates are opened or as they say "you're covered".
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by lukeosi4life(m): 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2018
I have read many comments on this issue. I noticed that must of the comments are not well defined. When you read the Question very well, the OP start the question with the word "As Christians".
As Christians, you don't suppose to have sex with your partner until you're join together as husband & wife in the church. God himself conducted the first wedding between Adam & Eve. God joined them together as husband & wife.
Wedding in the Church is a compulsory thing if you are a Christian. Having sex with your partner after your traditional marriage is not good for you. You are breaking God's law of marriage. As such, you denied yourself from his blessings.
You win parental blessings from traditional marriage but you win God's blessings when you bring yourselves in God's Presence (the church). And God puts walls of protection and seal of His blessings over your marriage. So, you must abstain from sex until you're join in holy matrimony before start having sex with your spouse.
Re: Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? by MaziOmenuko: 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
EverGlorious:

Yea maybe you could also quote for me the part of the bible that says "all people of God must find everything of Truth in the Bible", while you're doing that, you can also look up the word "Bible" in the Bible. If you don't find it then we've all been deceived, ain't it?

Yea, thats actually easy...try and read 2Tim3:16. Here...let me quote it for you...

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

EverGlorious:

You know, some people actually justify, I mean really justify sex before marriage. So is it this one they wouldn't? This isn't new. Know the Truth and accept it, or don't. It's up to you.

I asked a simple question, there is no need for all those moral compass. Do you have a biblical verse to back up your claim? Just one. The concept of truth is subjective, what is true to you may not be what is true to me. So since you are speaking as a christian, quote just one scriptural verse to back up your view or forever shelf it as your own personal conviction.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO) / UNN Witchcraft Conference: CAN Fixes Prayer Conference On The Same Date / Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.