Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,035 members, 7,828,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) (38814 Views)

See How Ikorodu Lagos Nigeria Looks Today.. / How Anambra Has Transformed Over The Years (pix) / Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by Paperwhite(m): 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2018
The 1970 road structure seems to be the best. smiley
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by MARKETfund: 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2018
christejames:
Interesting! but the present condition seems to be looking worse than when it was in its middle age.

Naija and poor finishing of public structures.

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by samobrutex: 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2018
If there were better cameras or high pixels camera phones... certainly the pix in middle will look more classy than that rubbish at the bottom of the middle pix. all in the name of more projects more money to steal.
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by castrol180(m): 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2018
Autojosh...hmm! Smelling something
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by heendrix(m): 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
chukslawrence:
Grandpa, ur eyes no try oooo, lol. U dey lasgidi during 1947(living along the road). why you no invest.
BTW... Who else prefer the one in the middle?

me
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by uwajeh(m): 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2018
Do you mean Ikorodu Road or Lagos- Ikorodu Road cos I believe they're two different roads.
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by magnaija: 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
christejames:
Interesting! but the present condition seems to be looking worse than when it was in its middle age.

Naija and poor finishing of public structures.

The population and activities how now to the middle age.

1 Like

Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by chukslawrence(m): 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2018
heendrix:

me
lol
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by akeemakinremi(m): 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2018
Cool
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by OmoEpe(m): 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2018
lotusbeta:
It doesn't look very different. After all the seeming hype on the Ikorodu road, I expected the road network would be wider. I passed during the holidays and I could still see the reason why the Mile12 was still clogged. And those annoying spaces wasted the planted trees...geez

IPOB HATER SPOTTED
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by lotusbeta: 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
OmoEpe:

IPOB HATER SPOTTED

Loool. I am not an IPOB member, but truth be told, other than the bus stations and the pedestrian bridges, Ikorodu road has not fared any better in terms of traffic management. I actuall expected more

1 Like

Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by ChiefSweetus: 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
Terrible aesthetical regression. God forbid this country forreal.
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by unyted(m): 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2018
How??
hajoke2000:
Lagos -another country on it own ..
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by bucho8888: 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2018
AFTER THE 70s, NIGERIA LOST IT. JUST C HOW GREENISH N NATURAL D ROAD LOOKS IN D 70s. TEARS COMING DOWN FROM EYES N SMH
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by Adebowale89(m): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
the middle pic speak how military regime is better than demonstration of craze

I know of classics bridges under military regime third Milan bridge etc, but can we point any since the time of demonstration of craze?

the military see their selves as saint after experiencing democracy. from progress to retrogress, from grace to grass

as corrupt abacha was he did sth, what exactly have we achieve since the time of democracy except paper works. Nigeria has best economy bla bla, Nigeria is good for investment tap tap

nonsense
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by owbabs: 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2018
You have violated your environmental laws over time. A once lush environment has been overtaken by slums. Sign of a spiritually sick country.
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
The differences are there are more activities on the road which is caused by high population and more projects.
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by george1914: 6:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
Job Description Our client a technology company currently has an opening for 57 Drivers
Must Hold a Valid Driver License/LASDRI Recertification Card.
Be a Graduate or Holds At least Diploma/NCE Certificate/SSCE
Must be able to speak good english
Must have good customer sevice skills
Must own and understand Smart phones (IOS or Android) and be able to use google maps
Must Reside In Lagos & Be Familiar with Lagos Environs.
Must Be Ready To Resume Work As Soon As Possible (ASAP) When Call Upon At Any Time.
Must not be older tham 35 as at April 2018.

RENUMERATION/SALARY:
50,000 Naira per month

BENEFITS:
Pension
Health Insurance

Click below to apply:
http://work.eoutsource.net/jobs/apply/corporate-drivers-11
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by chukzyfcbb: 6:49pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
imagine someone buying a plot there in 1947.
Government would have seized the land, claiming the land is a committed land(Govt owned)

1 Like

Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by huntila(m): 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2018
it seems this handle has been engaged to promote Lagos State Government recently from my observations. what baffles me is Lagos has no excuse not to be developed from its high and multiple taxation and IGR
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by Abagworo(m): 7:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
So Ikorodu expressway was once as beautiful as Abuja. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by RaptorX: 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2018
Look at how green and lush the road was in the 70's compared to the concrete jungle Lagos is right now.
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by Primenet(m): 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2018
autojosh:
Lagos-Ikorodu expressway is one of the most popular roads in Lagos state. It also qualifies as one of the busiest roads in Lagos if not in the entire nation.

Today, millions of commuters travel along this very crucial expressway. This road serves as one of the roads that leads into and outside the states.

However, the road has never always been this busy.

Here are some pictures to illustrate how the road has metamorphosed over the decades.

First is the 1947, the 1970s and then the 2018 photographs of the popular Ikorodu road.

https://autojosh.com/see-how-ikorodu-expressway-has-transformed-since-1947-photo/

This is lovely. Good old days! Better today.
Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by Born2Breed(f): 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
The road was better in the 70's.

The last picture is shrinking to the first.

1 Like

Re: See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) by ehinmowo: 10:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nobody is saying anything abt d tress dt disappeared

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Accident At Eko Hotel, Victoria Island - Photos / Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them / Viking Cult Members Survive Motor Accident (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.