Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

5 Ways To Prevent Parvo Naturally - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 5 Ways To Prevent Parvo Naturally (753 Views)

Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy / BEWARE!!! This Is Parvo Season. All You Need Too Know About The Deadly Virus! / PARVO THREAD : Sharing Your STORIES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Prevent Parvo Naturally by Prodeegee(m): 10:54pm On Apr 04, 2018
The Parvo Virus has got to be one of, if not the greatest fear of every dog owner today. Besides the fact that there are no known cure for this dreaded virus, the way it leaves dog owners helpless while they watch their lovely pet go through pains is heart breaking.

If you have ever experienced this painful sitiuation, you'll have come to a point where you ask the question, "what exactly can I do to prevent this".
Here are a few natural ways to prevent Parvo from affecting your pooches

1. Ensure Maximum Cleanliness.
This is the first step to helping your dog. Clean plates, Clean beddings, Fresh water, Grooming and Bathing should always be ensured adequately. A clean dog would have less health issues.
If you have had parvo issues once and are thinking of bringing in a new dog, ensure you bleach the whole house thoroughly. You can bleach continuously for a week or 2 before bringing in your new dog.

2. Avoid contact with other dogs.
Both you and your dog would have to avoid meeting other dogs. Parvo is spread by contact, which means an infected dogs poo, saliva would automatically introduce the virus to your dog.
If you have to visit the Vet, ensure your dog is either in its crate or on your lap the whole time. Wash your hands after leaving the clinic.

See Also: Why Vaccinate My Dog - Pet Vaccination Explained

3. Ensure Adequate Vaccination.
We all know a lot of vaccines out there have either lost their potency due to broken chain of temperature. It's quite impossible to know which vaccine have had broken chains so in this case, there's little you can do. For those who don't ever use vaccines like myself, see no. 5

4. Ensure Excellent Nutrition.
Check for nutritional values on dog foods you get for your dogs read reviews online on these foods. Ensure your dog is getting the best of nutrition from the food. Get nutritional supplements.

5. Vitamin C.
A crucial way to fight something that breaks down the immune system is to first build the immune walls. It's like saying someone is coming to knock down your gate and you don't know when, so you in turn start building a stronger gate that can't be easily knocked down.
Begin giving your dog vitamin c daily so as to further strengthen their immune system.

Stay safe, and keep your dogs safe.

Share your thoughts. Share with friends also.

http://prodee-gee..com.ng/2018/02/5-ways-to-prevent-parvo-naturally.html

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Prevent Parvo Naturally by kolokolobi(m): 6:39am On Apr 05, 2018
The Pro to the dee to the gee
You've been off these streets
For some days and weeks
Hopefully making all the gees

Long time bro grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Prevent Parvo Naturally by Prodeegee(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2018
kolokolobi:
The Pro to the dee to the gee
You've been off these streets
For some days and weeks
Hopefully making all the gees

Long time bro grin grin
lol,
man must hustle bruh.
no food for lazy man.

i trust youve been gathering the muller too....

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Prevent Parvo Naturally by kolokolobi(m): 9:05am On Apr 05, 2018
Prodeegee:

lol,
man must hustle bruh.
no food for lazy man.

i trust youve been gathering the muller too....

Sure Bro
We on the roll
Getting them dough
Being the best hole

grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Prevent Parvo Naturally by Wasky101: 7:07am On Apr 06, 2018
Prodeegee please come and shed more light on having contact with other dogs, I always thought this was a great way of socializing dogs.

(1) (Reply)

Rabbits Available For Waec Practicals This Monday / Need Help / Lovely 8weeks Old Male Slant Back Gsd Pups Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.