Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Oma's Quests: Am I Blaspheming For Thinking This Way? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oma's Quests: Am I Blaspheming For Thinking This Way? (419 Views)

What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oma's Quests: Am I Blaspheming For Thinking This Way? by JewelOma: 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
- Whats the truth about the human existence?
- Is the Jesus concept really real?
- Is my thinking blasphemous?

These are questions that I have only recently began to ask myself.

I was born into a semi-Christian home (mother a Christian and father had practices all forms of religions from hare krishna to eckankar) but I was raised as a Christian. Going to church and believing in Christ Jesus all my life. I even got born again on Feb 15 2009 (I can never forget this date) where I weeped throughout the praise service and decided to follow Jesus!

But I've began to ask myself deeper questions! I believed in Jesus because thats what I was raised to know. A muslim believes Mohammed is the true prophet because thats what he was raised to know and we are all at loggerheads with one another over this religion issue! However, There are hundreds of religions today around the world (many older than Christianity) yet Christians have been skewed towards believing that except you believe in Jesus you are a castaway! Is this really true? Or this is what we have known from birth. Passed down from generations to generations.

Don't me wrong I do believe in the concept of God 100% (at least I console myself that I am not a complete atheist. Lol) but it the religious aspect of things that Ive been asking myself all sorts of questions about and its getting weirder with each passing day. Take for instance the concept of the Bible; the holy book! This book was put together by the romans and most probally from the most selected and sensational stories out of the hundreds or possibly thousands of stories that were written at the time which fit in with their own agenda.

While I agree that the bible stories are real are they the "word of God" as we call it today? So the stories that didn't make it into the bible or actual happenings are what? Words of man?

I know my thoughts are all over the place. Pardon me. Im still finding it difficult to articulate my thoughts and still have "blasphemy" at the back of my mind plus I an typing with my mobile. But these thoughts won't stop running through my head and I know I an not more in tune with my inner "chi" than billions of other people who believe in one religion or the other but I wonder why we are afraid to reason just a little bit about this issue without feeling like we are committing a sin!
Re: Oma's Quests: Am I Blaspheming For Thinking This Way? by budaatum: 2:08pm On Apr 05, 2018
I am an atheist, least that is how I am considered on here. I am not some wishy washy type either, but a conk, 'all gods are figments of the imagination' type. Please remember that as you read on.

The contest is between believing and not believing. Yet, a person who discovers their mind and decides to use it will find it impossible to believe some of the things one is asked to believe especially when an opposing reality kicks one between the eyes. The reality is that the self is naked and in the blissfully ignorant state of being referred to as the Garden of Eden. But once one starts asking questions, as you are now doing, you would begin to feel as you feel now as stated in your post, least you take of the Fruit of Life and eat of it thereof, and your eyes open and you become like Us. You shall not easily get past the Cherubim with the swords that guide it!

The illusion is to make you believe people lived forever, or at some time, some ridiculous number of years (Methuselah 969 years, Jared, 962, Noah 950 etc) when in fact, people barely survived past their 30s in the early days of humanoids, making even Joseph and Joshua's 110 years absurd for their time. But since current evidence debunks that, you must now be convinced that you will not even die, but continue to live on in some after death existence with Jesus and all the other dead people. But consider, the more knowledge people acquire, the longer they appear to extend their life here on earth (i.e. Switzerland 84 years), and the less they seem to think of living in some forever after death. And nations where the people build more religious houses have fewer factories and hospitals and a lower life expectancy (Nigeria 54 years).

If your belief is that God made you, then he must have given you your mind and brain for a purpose and I would think he might be pissed off at you for not using them for fear that you must be thinking you might be blasphemous. Go and read one of the gospels again. Note who was asking people to believe and who was poopooing those beliefs. Ask yourself why, then consider what merit their is in believing what even the devil is said to believe. You will be better off knowing than believing, I say, even if you end up a Christian.

May your God be your guide.
Re: Oma's Quests: Am I Blaspheming For Thinking This Way? by jasonodion: 1:38pm On May 27, 2018
JewelOma:
- Whats the truth about the human existence?
- Is the Jesus concept really real?
- Is my thinking blasphemous?

These are questions that I have only recently began to ask myself.

I was born into a semi-Christian home (mother a Christian and father had practices all forms of religions from hare krishna to eckankar) but I was raised as a Christian. Going to church and believing in Christ Jesus all my life. I even got born again on Feb 15 2009 (I can never forget this date) where I weeped throughout the praise service and decided to follow Jesus!

But I've began to ask myself deeper questions! I believed in Jesus because thats what I was raised to know. A muslim believes Mohammed is the true prophet because thats what he was raised to know and we are all at loggerheads with one another over this religion issue! However, There are hundreds of religions today around the world (many older than Christianity) yet Christians have been skewed towards believing that except you believe in Jesus you are a castaway! Is this really true? Or this is what we have known from birth. Passed down from generations to generations.

Don't me wrong I do believe in the concept of God 100% (at least I console myself that I am not a complete atheist. Lol) but it the religious aspect of things that Ive been asking myself all sorts of questions about and its getting weirder with each passing day. Take for instance the concept of the Bible; the holy book! This book was put together by the romans and most probally from the most selected and sensational stories out of the hundreds or possibly thousands of stories that were written at the time which fit in with their own agenda.

While I agree that the bible stories are real are they the "word of God" as we call it today? So the stories that didn't make it into the bible or actual happenings are what? Words of man?

I know my thoughts are all over the place. Pardon me. Im still finding it difficult to articulate my thoughts and still have "blasphemy" at the back of my mind plus I an typing with my mobile. But these thoughts won't stop running through my head and I know I an not more in tune with my inner "chi" than billions of other people who believe in one religion or the other but I wonder why we are afraid to reason just a little bit about this issue without feeling like we are committing a sin!

I think your questions aren’t out of place or blasphemy, but the thoughts of a great mind, like your dad. It is the Bible that says “study to show yourself approved”, so I sincerely think you need to study and research. This might bring you to a greater understanding of who God is in your life and who you are in God.

(1) (Reply)

Two Catholic Priests Has Been Killed By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Benue State / Ofm Rhema For Living Devotional & Sunday School Manual 03/06/2018 / Have You Heard ‘waters For The Thirsty Soul Radio Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.