Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) (28846 Views)

Ex-Wife Set Nigerian Man's Car Ablaze In London (Photos) / Ghanaian Man Butchers Wife, Pours Hot Water On Her In London (photos) / Harry Uzoka, Model Stabbed To Death In London (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by RalphJean: 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
A teenager stabbed to death in north-east London on Wednesday night has been named as Israel Ogunsola. His death, together with the death of a man in his 50s, takes the capital’s suspected murder toll to more than 50 in just three months.

The teenager died in the shadow of a railway bridge on Link Street at the junction with Morning Lane in Hackney at 8.24pm, about half an hour after being stabbed and despite the efforts of a police officers, paramedics and a trauma doctor from London’s air ambulance.

“The policewoman’s arms were literally covered in blood, you could see she had been trying to fight for this man’s life,” said one witness to the aftermath, who declined to give her name. “People were just coming all night, just crying and breaking down in tears.”

As mourners continued to pay respects at the cordon surrounding the police forensic tent on Thursday morning, the political row over the violence deepened, with David Lammy, the Labour MP for Tottenham, accusing ministers of abdicating responsibility and police of failing to tackle organised crime.

Residents of homes overlooking Link Street described hearing a commotion and “very loud shouting” at about 8pm. One said her brother and his friend had gone outside and found police trying to resuscitate the victim.

“I then went out there about 10 minutes later, this time there was ambulance, air ambulance, the police was there and they was all around this young person trying to save his life,” she said.

“I then came back up to my house and I went back down just to see if the person’s still alive or what’s happening and that’s when I saw the body just lying there, covered with a red blanket over it. So I then knew the person had passed away.

“Then it just got really crazy around here. Some young guys started to appear at the scene and they saw what looked like their friend’s bike, so they started to get a bit frantic with the police, just saying: ‘We need to know if it’s our friend because we can see his bike.’

“He was a young boy from the community. I literally saw him riding past every single day, every day I saw him from the balcony and I see him riding past just going about his business.”

The Metropolitan police said officers on patrol on Morning Lane found the teenager at 8pm after they were flagged down by a driver who told them there had been an incident nearby.

“My officers … did all they could to try to save the life of the teenager, rendering emergency first aid and chest compressions with the help of an off-duty paramedic until the ambulance service and London’s air ambulance arrived,” said Ch Supt Sue Williams, who leads the Hackney and Tower Hamlets police command. “They are devastated they were unable to prevent yet another tragic death in the capital.”

Two 17-year-old boys have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Ogunsola had been charged with ABH, dangerous driving without a licence, having no insurance and being in possession of cannabis after an incident in Stevenage in November that left a police officer with a head injury. A friend of the teenager said that he had been a student at the University of Hertfordshire – which is based in Stevenage – but had recently returned home to live with his parents.

“Israel was just – he was a nice person,” said the sobbing 19-year-old, who gave her name as Petronel, as she stood by the police tape bisecting Morning Lane.
She had last seen him the previous day, when she learned he was back in London. “I hugged him, thinking that I might just see him again tomorrow.”

Source:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/05/london-teenager-fatally-stabbed-named-as-israel-ogunsola

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by Betanwa(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
Bro, i told u to change ur ways

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by RalphJean: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2018
Third Nigerian killed in 2 months.
Blood everywhere.

Lalasticlala
Is this FP-worthy news?

2 Likes

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by SUPERPACK: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2018
gun violence in USA
Knife violence in UK.
Gun, Knife, juju, ritual, and cultlass violence in Nigeria,.
The world have gone mad.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 6:03pm On Apr 05, 2018
shocked

See this small boy wearing earrings.
That says a lot about his kind of person.

I'd say he must have been very irresponsible.
Besides, research has proven that it's mostly gang members that get stabbed in the UK.

Parents should bring up their children and wards properly.
They should train them with the fear of God.
Because I will not waste an ounce of sympathy on any ill-trained child who pays the price of being irresponsible.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by SaintHilary(m): 6:03pm On Apr 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Dis is a death case..no talk gibberish abeg angry

4 Likes

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by medolab90(m): 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2018
Another Nigerian killed.
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2018
RIP sad
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by soberdrunk(m): 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2018
Going by the current statistics it is safer to live in Mushin Lagos than to live in London, i remember how these 'London gang' boys wanted to mug me in 2012, i just respect myself dismiss because if to say i beat them, i for use the annoyance of all the problems in Nigeria beat them and nah me for still go jail for "murder" angry

15 Likes

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by nosagold(m): 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2018
Again? Another one?
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2018
Rip

London gang fight always happens with knife
grin now this is funny
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by akereconfi: 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
Why
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by phranklyn92(m): 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
undecided
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by Ayoswit(f): 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
rip
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
Nigerian teenagers in the UK need to slow down. If you know you know.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
RIP
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
angry

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by ttshems(m): 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
Very sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by ultimatetimestv: 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
angry
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by loomer: 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2018
after USA na London be next place I no fit live

1 Like

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by durolexxy(m): 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2018
embarassed

Nigerians just getting killed everywhere... who did we offend to deserve this
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by Spar7tan(m): 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
What will I say now? Tor! In undertakers voice, REST in PEAAACEE
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by jerryunit48: 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
London boys and knife violence ehn ... sometimes when am there seven in the evening some kind lonely roads I dey avoid am

2 Likes

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by stankezzy: 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
SUPERPACK:
gun violence in USA
knife violence in UK
Gun, Knife, and cultlass violence in Nigeria,
The world have gone mad.
u no put juju and village people violence in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by Jackyboy: 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
LONDONFOBIA.......
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by pweshboi(m): 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2018
Heya...
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2018
London or Oshodi..which place is more safer to live
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by tokrizy: 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2018
Nowhere safe for dis earth self
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by FitArmy: 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2018
Okay
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by tokrizy: 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2018
Chloe88:
London or Oshodi..which place is more safer to live
lemi go to london and come back first..i will let u knw den
Re: Israel Ogunsola, Nigerian Stabbed To Death In London (Photos) by anibirelawal(m): 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2018
RIP Boy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State / Lepacious Bose Narrates Her Experience At 3rd Mainland Bridge Today / Two Yahoo Boys Jailed In Ilorin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.