Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,923 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" (17253 Views)

Buhari's Security Resuced Buba Marwa From Angry Mob At APC Presidential Rally / President Buhari's Security Aides Spotted Outside Abuja House In London. Photos / Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Ebullience(m): 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2018
Ace photographer, Sunmi Smart Cole, on Thursday narrated how he was rough handled by President Muhammadu Buhari’s security detail during the colloquium to mark Senator Bola Tinubu’s birthday in Lagos.

Smart-Cole, 76, who is currently recovering from the injuries sustained during the beating in a hospital in Ikoyi, threatened to sue the Department of State Service (DSS).

The former head of photography in the presidency said he was revived by the former Governor, of Ogun State, Chief Segun Osoba, the Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, and the Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha.

He said he was invited to the colloquium to take photographs, and that things were going on well until the president arrived and the place became rowdy.

“I was invited by the vice-president’s office. The vice-president told one of his assistants, Mrs. Uwais, the wife of a former Chief Justice of Nigeria, to invite me to cover the event”, he told Thisday.

“When Buhari entered with about 50 security personnel, things changed. If you stood near them, they would give you elbow. At a time, I just told one of them, ‘I am an old man; I am actually 76 years old’.

“He said he didn’t care and directed another security official to make sure ‘this old man does not come near the president’. I had to take photographs from a distance.

“The security operatives around the president continued to push me until I became exhausted and I slumped because my legs became weak.

“I slumped right in front of Segun Osoba, Niyi Adebayo, the former Governor of Ekiti State; the Governor Tambuwal, and Governor Okorocha, who sat together, including the Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki. They all saw me. I am the oldest working journalist in Nigeria.

“I slumped but I did not pass out. Prof. Pat Utomi and the Publisher of Ovation Magazine were detailed by Osoba to keep me seated, saying I get too excited when I carry camera. He seized my camera.”

Smart-Cole, however, disclosed that the doctors were not yet satisfied with his recovery and would spend more days there.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/04/06/buharis-security-detail-nearly-killed-veteran-journalist-smart-cole/

2 Likes

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 06, 2018
To Buhari and everyone around him, killing is nothing.
Life means nothing to him.

Let him keep stealing our money. In ten years time, you'll still see that his cows are 150 in number

42 Likes

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by kimjongJezebel: 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2018

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by MrWondah(m): 1:10pm On Apr 06, 2018
Stealing is not corruption, killing is not a crime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Holywizard: 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2018
Afonja una never see something

13 Likes

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by FarahAideed: 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2018
Good
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by GoldenJAT(m): 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2018
50 SECURITY DETAILS!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2018
Buhari has graduated into a local ritualist. Ok o.
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by justinaa2012: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2018
They should try to be more diplomatic....
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Harkholarworle(m): 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2018
Sorry grandpa
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Omoapena(m): 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2018
76 years old?

Sir you need to retire and rest
Your too old to cover events.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Firgemachar: 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2018
Baba, go and retire, abeg! angry

5 Likes

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by kings09(m): 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2018
Dem Bmc wont see dis thread. Beating up a 76years old photographer
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2018
Papa should leave journalism joor. Small shove dat PMB's ADC gave him has become "nearly killed" cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by pureola(m): 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2018
The National Common Entrance Examination [NCEE] Board has published the Entrance Exam Cut-Off Mark of Each State for the 2017/18 session.

*Below is the Current National Common Entrance Examination [NCEE] Cut-Off Marks Of Each State In The Federation.*

Male Female

Abia 65 65
Adamawa 40 40
Akwa-Ibom 63 63
Anambra 66 66
*Bauchi 18 18*
Benue 60 60
*Borno 33 33*
Cross-Rivers 54 54
Delta 65 65
Edo 63 63
Enugu. 65 65
Imo 66 66
*Jigawa 37 37*
Kaduna 52 52
*Kano 34 34*
*Katsina 37 37*
*Kebbi 35 35*
Kogi 61 61
Kwara 62 62
Lagos 65 65
*Niger 49 49*
Ogun 65 65
Ondo 64 64
Osun 64 64
Oyo 63 63
Plateau 52 52
Rivers 62 62
*Sokoto 15 7*
*Taraba 19 19*
*Yobe 20 20*
FCT-Abuja 57 57
Bayelsa 51 51
Ebonyi 60 60
Ekiti 62 62
*Gombe 37 37*
*Nassarawa 42 42*
*Zamfara 14 12*

*The funny thing is, those with lower cut off marks from the north will be the ones to run the govt tomorrow. They will be appointed judges, chief Justice, controllers, central bank heads, and heads of government agencies and ministries.*

*Are you still wondering why some want out of this evil forest? Why Nigeria is at the bottom of all good things and top of most bad issues in international/global ratings?*
Why our health, education, electricity, waterworks, refineries, petroleum distribution, etc. are in tatters?
*The above is a very graphic justification of the urgent need for Restructuring, at the very least!*

*DISTRIBUTE TO ALL FROM SOUTH-WEST, SOUTH-SOUTH & SOUTH-EAST NORTH CENTRAL ZONES OF NIGERIA* *WHO STILL THINK. CONSIDER THIS A NATIONAL EMERGENCY FOR THE SURVIVAL OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!!!*
-------------------------------------------------------
*© Steve Awa*

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by tukdi: 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
angry
It was Buhari dat pushed him!
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2018
Why not retire
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by annnikky(f): 1:26pm On Apr 06, 2018
Gerripola:
Wetin u find go there
Did u just type without reading undecidedsmh

1 Like

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by datola: 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2018
You have always dined with them sir and you should not have forgot the rule of long spoon to dine with the devil.

Between, respect sir!
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by omocalabar(m): 1:28pm On Apr 06, 2018
thats how tyhey fight corruption
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by oyetunder(m): 1:30pm On Apr 06, 2018
Why should the office of the vise president...even Osinbajo still be inviting his 76 year old uncle to come and snap? Is that the best way Osinbajo can reward or recognise Cole? Worst of all, He failed to ensure the safety of the grandpa he invited.
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by soberdrunk(m): 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2018
With all due respect sir, how did they "nearly kill you"? You simply slumped from 'exhaustion', why does it seem like everyone is just trying so hard to blackmail our dear president? angry

3 Likes

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by soliddust2020: 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2018
Sir you need to retire. Wonder if he doesnt have kids and wife to force him into retirement.
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Awoofawo(m): 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa RIP

THUNDER FOR SALE!

Are you heartbroken?
Did your boyfriend/
girlfriend leave you for another girl/biy after all the investment you made on him/her?? Or your village people are monitoring u? Did your Dad ask you to disappear when you came back home?? That your uncle that collected your account
number four times and still hasn't sent you any money?
Did you spend 30 minutes typing your feelings, only for the person to reply kk. Hmmmmm, cry not, your worries are now over. Here at the thunder Incorporated,we sell different types of thunderstorms

1)small thunder #2,500

2)medium thunder #5,000

3)big thunder #7,500

4)heavy thunder #10,000

5)heavy thunder with follow come lightening #50,000 specifically made for lala, cee cee, ajepako, rokia2, funjosh and other very wicked people on nairaland

6)boiled and rosted thunder with strong wind #75,000

7) Customized thunder for critical cases also available from #5000,000 and above.

Finally, if you need any special thunder for serious reasons, don't hesitate to let us know. We also do online deliveries

Please place your orders now!

Oga go market your skill on Fiverr. You go plenty buyers there repete cheesy
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 06, 2018
I can relate, was privileged to provide security to some VIPs at the service of songs for the late VP Ekwueme at his oko home town. the church was all organised with some governors seated. not until osinbajo showed, pandemonium erupted in the church. over zealous security details of the VP turned the church into a rowdy market place shoving whoever was close by away all in the name of protecting their principal. smh for this country

6 Likes

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Awoofawo(m): 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2018
Omoapena:
76 years old?

Sir you need to retire and rest
Your too old to cover events.
And seventy something years old (probably more) is not too old to be Nigeria President?!

4 Likes

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2018
Sir please can you just leave the case, we have a useless old tyrant that doesn't give a Bleep about anyone but only himself and that of his cows
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by BafanaBafana: 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hiya!
Was it the pushing that made him exhausted or the fact that he stood up for so long?

Next time oga just go home. Don't go and kill yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Meets Media And Entertainment Investors In America (Pictures) / APC Strategists Mobilise Against PDP Over Senate Minority Leadership / Police Intercepts 850 Cutlasses Smuggled Into Katsina By Political Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.