Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" (17267 Views)

Buhari's Security Resuced Buba Marwa From Angry Mob At APC Presidential Rally / President Buhari's Security Aides Spotted Outside Abuja House In London. Photos / Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by BluntBoy(m): 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
Sir please can you just leave the case, we have a useless old tyrant that doesn't give a Bleep about anyone but only himself and that of his cows

Was it Buhari that pushed him down

1 Like

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by BluntBoy(m): 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2018
FortifiedCity:
To Buhari and everyone around him, killing is nothing.
Life means nothing to him.

Let him keep stealing our money. In ten years time, you'll still see that his cows are 150 in number

What concerns Buhari in this matter now

1 Like

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by lexy2014: 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2018
Ebullience:
Ace photographer, Sunmi Smart Cole, on Thursday narrated how he was rough handled by President Muhammadu Buhari’s security detail during the colloquium to mark Senator Bola Tinubu’s birthday in Lagos.

Smart-Cole, 76, who is currently recovering from the injuries sustained during the beating in a hospital in Ikoyi, threatened to sue the Department of State Service (DSS).

The former head of photography in the presidency said he was revived by the former Governor, of Ogun State, Chief Segun Osoba, the Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, and the Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha.

He said he was invited to the colloquium to take photographs, and that things were going on well until the president arrived and the place became rowdy.

“I was invited by the vice-president’s office. The vice-president told one of his assistants, Mrs. Uwais, the wife of a former Chief Justice of Nigeria, to invite me to cover the event”, he told Thisday.

“When Buhari entered with about 50 security personnel, things changed. If you stood near them, they would give you elbow. At a time, I just told one of them, ‘I am an old man; I am actually 76 years old’.

“He said he didn’t care and directed another security official to make sure ‘this old man does not come near the president’. I had to take photographs from a distance.

“The security operatives around the president continued to push me until I became exhausted and I slumped because my legs became weak.

“I slumped right in front of Segun Osoba, Niyi Adebayo, the former Governor of Ekiti State; the Governor Tambuwal, and Governor Okorocha, who sat together, including the Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki. They all saw me. I am the oldest working journalist in Nigeria.

“I slumped but I did not pass out. Prof. Pat Utomi and the Publisher of Ovation Magazine were detailed by Osoba to keep me seated, saying I get too excited when I carry camera. He seized my camera.”

Smart-Cole, however, disclosed that the doctors were not yet satisfied with his recovery and would spend more days there.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/04/06/buharis-security-detail-nearly-killed-veteran-journalist-smart-cole/

he was invited, yet they pushed him causing hospitalization. Naomi Campbell that wasn't invited, nobody pushed her. In fact she succeeded in getting buhari to shake her hand(which used b haram) and snap with her all without invitation

1 Like

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by donbachi(m): 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2018
"smokers are liable to die young"...idonblivit.it is suppose to be "middlesomeinterlooppers are liable to die young".try and mind your own beingness.but all the same sorry.
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2018
BluntBoy:

Was it Buhari that pushed him down
was it not his Aide's that pushed and beat him up
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by donbachi(m): 1:55pm On Apr 06, 2018
"Middlesomeinterlooppers are liable to die young".mind your own beingness.sorry sir
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by BluntBoy(m): 1:58pm On Apr 06, 2018
AFONJAPIG:

When Obama was still president, one of his bodyguards body slammed a reporter. How about that?

You all need to understand that protecting the president is a hell of a job hence the reason these big guys are always overprotective of the president.

1 Like

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by BluntBoy(m): 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2018
AFONJAPIG:

Mind you, the journalist never wrote that he was beaten up.

1 Like

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Omoapena(m): 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2018
Awoofawo:
And seventy something years old (probably more) is not too old to be Nigeria President?!

So you can advise ur dad at 76yr old to struggle to take pix but can't advice him to sit in an office and run a nation?

Don't compare field work to an office work.
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by gmoni2(m): 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2018
Omoapena:
76 years old?

Sir you need to retire and rest
Your too old to cover events.

That's his passion, it's not about money or age.

4 Likes

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Omoapena(m): 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2018
gmoni2:

That's his passion, it's not about money or age.

What about his health,

Can his health survive his passion to struggle to take pix?
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by seguno2: 2:27pm On Apr 06, 2018
Buhari is bad luck. Bad luck is Buhari.
He has only brought death, starvation and terror into our country since 2015!
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!!!
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by lawrenzo007(m): 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa RIP

THUNDER FOR SALE!

Are you heartbroken?
Did your boyfriend/
girlfriend leave you for another girl/biy after all the investment you made on him/her?? Or your village people are monitoring u? Did your Dad ask you to disappear when you came back home?? That your uncle that collected your account
number four times and still hasn't sent you any money?
Did you spend 30 minutes typing your feelings, only for the person to reply kk. Hmmmmm, cry not, your worries are now over. Here at the thunder Incorporated,we sell different types of thunderstorms

1)small thunder #2,500

2)medium thunder #5,000

3)big thunder #7,500

4)heavy thunder #10,000

5)heavy thunder with follow come lightening #50,000 specifically made for lala, cee cee, ajepako, rokia2, funjosh and other very wicked people on nairaland

6)boiled and rosted thunder with strong wind #75,000

7) Customized thunder for critical cases also available from #5000,000 and above.

Finally, if you need any special thunder for serious reasons, don't hesitate to let us know. We also do online deliveries

Please place your orders now!
Abeg na the biggest thunder i want buy... that one of #5000,000 ...this Buhari mater don tire me
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by ud4u: 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2018
Sai baba
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by BruncleZuma: 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa RIP

THUNDER FOR SALE!

Are you heartbroken?
Did your boyfriend/
girlfriend leave you for another girl/biy after all the investment you made on him/her?? Or your village people are monitoring u? Did your Dad ask you to disappear when you came back home?? That your uncle that collected your account
number four times and still hasn't sent you any money?
Did you spend 30 minutes typing your feelings, only for the person to reply kk. Hmmmmm, cry not, your worries are now over. Here at the thunder Incorporated,we sell different types of thunderstorms

1)small thunder #2,500

2)medium thunder #5,000

3)big thunder #7,500

4)heavy thunder #10,000

5)heavy thunder with follow come lightening #50,000 specifically made for lala, cee cee, ajepako, rokia2, funjosh and other very wicked people on nairaland

6)boiled and rosted thunder with strong wind #75,000

7) Customized thunder for critical cases also available from #5000,000 and above.

Finally, if you need any special thunder for serious reasons, don't hesitate to let us know. We also do online deliveries

Please place your orders now!

grin grin grin grin

You get the one wen carry abo.ki perfume?
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by godofuck231: 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2018
pureola:
The National Common Entrance Examination [NCEE] Board has published the Entrance Exam Cut-Off Mark of Each State for the 2017/18 session.

*Below is the Current National Common Entrance Examination [NCEE] Cut-Off Marks Of Each State In The Federation.*

Male Female

Abia 65 65
Adamawa 40 40
Akwa-Ibom 63 63
Anambra 66 66
*Bauchi 18 18*
Benue 60 60
*Borno 33 33*
Cross-Rivers 54 54
Delta 65 65
Edo 63 63
Enugu. 65 65
Imo 66 66
*Jigawa 37 37*
Kaduna 52 52
*Kano 34 34*
*Katsina 37 37*
*Kebbi 35 35*
Kogi 61 61
Kwara 62 62
Lagos 65 65
*Niger 49 49*
Ogun 65 65
Ondo 64 64
Osun 64 64
Oyo 63 63
Plateau 52 52
Rivers 62 62
*Sokoto 15 7*
*Taraba 19 19*
*Yobe 20 20*
FCT-Abuja 57 57
Bayelsa 51 51
Ebonyi 60 60
Ekiti 62 62
*Gombe 37 37*
*Nassarawa 42 42*
*Zamfara 14 12*

*The funny thing is, those with lower cut off marks from the north will be the ones to run the govt tomorrow. They will be appointed judges, chief Justice, controllers, central bank heads, and heads of government agencies and ministries.*

*Are you still wondering why some want out of this evil forest? Why Nigeria is at the bottom of all good things and top of most bad issues in international/global ratings?*
Why our health, education, electricity, waterworks, refineries, petroleum distribution, etc. are in tatters?
*The above is a very graphic justification of the urgent need for Restructuring, at the very least!*

*DISTRIBUTE TO ALL FROM SOUTH-WEST, SOUTH-SOUTH & SOUTH-EAST NORTH CENTRAL ZONES OF NIGERIA* *WHO STILL THINK. CONSIDER THIS A NATIONAL EMERGENCY FOR THE SURVIVAL OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!!!*
-------------------------------------------------------
*© Steve Awa*

What's happening, abi the cows for North no know book again?
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2018
oyetunder:
Why should the office of the vice president...even Osinbajo still be inviting his 76 year old uncle to come and snap? Is that the best way Osinbajo can reward or recognise Cole? Worst of all, He failed to ensure the safety of the grandpa he invited.

LOL. You obviously have never heard of Sunmi Smart-Cole; man is a legend.
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Okoroawusa: 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2018
Sorry Uncle Smart.
Any VIP is so protected more so the President

Try and have two or more assistants

1 Like

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Awoofawo(m): 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2018
Omoapena:

So you can advise ur dad at 76yr old to struggle to take pix but can't advice him to sit in an office and run a nation?

Don't compare field work to an office work.

Useless mofo......so in your myopic and dysfunctional brain.....a nation is run only by sitting in air condition office...no wonder the country isn't making any head way, socially and economy remain stagnancy under Old sick weak baba PMB......abeg commot..... only someone interest in looting think running a nation is easy...you know nothing and you part of country problem.
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Awoofawo(m): 3:41pm On Apr 06, 2018
Omoapena:

What about his health,

Can his health survive his passion to struggle to take pix?

Why not ask Bubu about his health...... A sick old man running from one foreign hospital to another wasting Tax Payers money......where his is your supposed Baba-youngi now as we talk....abeg commit and stop talking trashes
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by johnmartus(m): 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2018
We can't Blane the president because buhari didn't send them and I'm very sure he know nothing about that.

2 Likes

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Omoapena(m): 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2018
Awoofawo:

Useless mofo......so in your myopic and dysfunctional brain.....a nation is run only by sitting in air condition office...no wonder the country isn't making any head way, socially and economy remain stagnancy under Old sick weak baba PMB......abeg commot..... only someone interest in looting think running a nation is easy...you know nothing and you part of country problem.

You a big fool...

I'm talking about someone who can't struggle with a field job and you are bringing up someone who works at comfort zone

May ur father hustle like that too..

Omo ode jati jati

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Omoapena(m): 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2018
Awoofawo:

Why not ask Bubu about his health...... A sick old man running from one foreign hospital to another wasting Tax Payers money......where his is your supposed Baba-youngi now as we talk....abeg commit and stop talking trashes

Go ask him yourself

You no sabi road to aso rock?
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by nex(m): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2018
They asked me to drop my address if I want to receive an invite to the Bola Tinibu Colloquium, and I said thanks but no thanks. I was at Eko Hotel last year for the same event. If you see armed security personnel, you will think they just got actionable intelligence that Abubakar Shekau was in the hotel. Imagine the traffic all over Victoria Island that day!

I reach Eko Hotel gate, and for the first time in my life, I was asked who I was, and what I wanted at a hotel. I told them I was a traveller, and wanted to lodge there, then they asked a couple of more stupid questions before eventually letting me in. On getting in, every single step I took, AK47, I had to turn back, and I told the guy who was waiting with my IV inside the hall, that I couldn't make it anymore.

From the kind of things I'd seen around, that is the kind of scene where you hear that journalists were beaten up, or attendees were malhandled, or shot by mistake. I jejely went back to my house. So this year, when a friend asked me if I would be attending, I said NO! I don't want to feature in 'stories that touch'.

When the CEO of Google came to Nigeria, the security was 10 times more than what was at Tinubu's Kolo-kium, however, they were not visible. They didn't display guns, they didn't block roads, they didn't make physical contact with people, they didn't even shout or talk loud. They were planted in various locations everywhere Sundar Pichai was, but most people didn't notice. Some were African-Americans, dressed in Agbada in the front seats, enjoying the event and clapping. Some were Israeli intelligence officers pretending to be fellow Google staff, wearing Jeans and Google T-shirts.

After the CEO finished from Landmark Event Centre, he came to meet with a few of us at Landmark Hotel. Some of his security had been planted at the hotel as regular guest acting normal, and enjoying themselves. Just before he entered the hotel, I went to take a piss in our of the back toilets, that was when I saw security on every floor of the emergency staircase, the T-shirts were bulging, there were others on the roof, and even some in other nearby buildings, going about as regular people. That is real security!

3 Likes

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by Awoofawo(m): 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2018
Omoapena:

I am big fool...

I'm talking about my father who only interest in looting

May God ruin my hustle same way PMB ruin the Nigeria

I am Omo ode jati jati

Well done oponu omo...your dad should be proud of you, asinwin!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by somehow: 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2018
Does he have security men to clear roads and way for him?
Awoofawo:
And seventy something years old (probably more) is not too old to be Nigeria President?!
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2018
BluntBoy:

Mind you, the journalist never wrote that he was beaten up.
if they didn't beat him up, then what did they do to him... Buhari Aide's are good in embarrassing the nation... when the head is useless I don't expect the rest of the body to be useful... Buhari is full of himself
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by oyetunder(m): 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2018
Bagehot:

LOL. You obviously have never heard of Sunmi Smart-Cole; man is a legend.
I have. But those who manhandled him were the ones you should ask if they know him. Also, If Osinbajo cannot ensure his safety and honour, why calling him to come? So because he is a legend, he must risk his life just to doe like a common rat because of the camera he never invented?

1 Like

Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by enemyofprogress: 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2018
BruncleZuma:

grin grin grin grin

You get the one wen carry abo.ki perfume?
you wan send am to buhari ?
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by enemyofprogress: 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2018
lawrenzo007:

Abeg na the biggest thunder i want buy... that one of #5000,000 ...this Buhari mater don tire me
e dey now. Na dat one everybody dey rush buy, dem wan send am to the man
Re: Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!" by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2018
BluntBoy:

When Obama was still president, one of his bodyguards body slammed a reporter. How about that?

You all need to understand that protecting the president is a hell of a job hence the reason these big guys are always overprotective of the president.
like Obama like Buhari... those guys got distinction in uselessness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pensioners, Teachers, Market Women Want Obaseki For Another Term - Group / Atiku To Supreme Court: Reject Technicality, overrule Tinubu on fresh evidence / Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.