Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,106 members, 7,842,199 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Business Registration - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Registration (594 Views)

Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) / Do It Yourself CAC Business Registration Strategy Within 48 Hours / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Registration by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2018
I'm getting serious on registering some of my businesses in Nigeria.

Is there a reputable outfit that can be recommended to get this done for me?

Thanks.
Re: Business Registration by praise010(m): 6:30pm On Apr 06, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I'm getting serious on registering some of my businesses in Nigeria.

Is there a reputable outfit that can be recommended to get this done for me?

Thanks.

Do you bean incorporation or registering trade marks?

Kindly send your number/mail to elchatiotlp@gmail.com and someone will get back to you.
Re: Business Registration by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 06, 2018
praise010:

Do you bean incorporation or registering trade marks?

Kindly send your number/mail to elchatiotlp@gmail.com and someone will get back to you.

What is the difference between the two?

I'm looking for general information and not ready to get into private email yet at this stage.

Thanks.
Re: Business Registration by olujaidi: 9:15pm On Apr 20, 2018
Corporate Affairs Commission website should come in useful
Re: Business Registration by elchariotlp: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:

What is the difference between the two?

I'm looking for general information and not ready to get into private email yet at this stage.

Thanks.

Thanks @praise010.

Dear EgunMogaji,

Registering a Business can be either registering the name you do business with. This may either be a business name or a company.

A Business name is like an extension of yourself say EgunMogaji Investment or EgunMogaji Ventures.

Company on the other hand is different from the owner. It's usually ends with the word limited/unlimited EgunMogaji Investment Limited or EgunMogaji Ventures Limited.

We register business name at 25k and Company (1M share capital) at 55k.

Trade Marks and or Trade names on the other hand includes names or marks your business is known for. Like Nasco, Sardines, Geisha, Nissan, Origin etc and their different logo. It's registered to prevent others from using the name or make for their own business.

We register trade mark for N80k.

Thank you
Re: Business Registration by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
Dear EgunMogaji,

A trademark is a symbol or a sign which differentiates the goods and services of one business from another one.This can legally protect your trademark from use by a competitor.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Your full name(s), nationality and physical address
2. The trademark information: The representation must be clear and distinct. If to be filed online, soft copies are to be provided in jpeg format at a minimum of 1200 dpi.
3. For goods, a full range of goods covered or proposed to be covered by the trade mark.
4. A Power of Attorney simply signed, with full particulars of name(s), address (es) and nationality of the applicant(s). Full name(s) and capacity of the signatory when applicant is a firm/company.

PROCEDURES FOR REGISTRATION OF TRADEMARKS

1. The usual market practice is to instruct a local Attorney/Agent in Nigeria, who would file and process applications at the Nigerian Registry of Trade Marks, Patents, Designs and Copyright. A Power of Attorney/Authorization of Agent Form would be completed in favor of such local Agent, as the enabling instrument to act for the principal/ Applicant.
2. After filing the application for trade mark registration, the Registrar issues an official acknowledgement reflecting the official number and filing date of the application.
3. A search is conducted so as to confirm if it is different from existing or pending registration. If the Registrar finds the trademark acceptable for registration, the applicant will be furnished with a letter/notice of acceptance.
4. Every trade mark application must be advertised in the Nigerian Trademark Journal, and is open to opposition for a period of two (2) months from the date of advertisement.
5. If no objections are received within the specified period or no objections are sustained, the Registrar will issue the applicant with a certificate of registration.
6. When issued, the Registration Certificate will have the date of initial filing of registration
7. Nigerian trade mark registrations have an initial validity of seven (7) years, and are thereafter indefinitely renewable for periods of fourteen (14) years. An application for renewal should be made not less than three (3) months from the due date.

A business entity is an entity that is formed and administered as per commercial law in order to engage in business activities, charitable work, or other activities allowable. Most often, business entities are formed to sell a product or a service.

Registration of:-
Public Company Limited by shares (Plc)
Company without Share Capital
Company Limited by Guarantee (Ltd/​Gte)
Unlimited Company
Private Companies with Foreign Shareholding an Overseas Company, Subsidiary or Representative Office

Restricted Names

Any name that:

is identical with or similar to the name of a registered company unless the registered company is in the course of dissolution and consents in writing
contains the words Chamber of Commerce unless it is a company limited by guarantee
would violate any existing trade mark or business name unless with the consent of the trade mark or business name owner
would violate any incorporated trustee unless with consent of the trustees ​

Names Requiring Consent of the Corporate Affairs Commission

Names that contain any of the following words:

Federal, National, Regional or State Government or suggest patronage of Federal or State Government, Ministry or Department
Municipal or Chartered or suggest connection with any municipality or other local authority
Co-operative or Building Society
Group or Holding
any word suggesting temporary business arrangement, e.g. consortium
​Note: Application for Consent for restricted name will be addressed to the Registrar-General and submitted at the Head office or through any of the State offices .

Contact us for requirements for consent and to make an application.

Membership of Companies
Minimum of two persons for all types of Companies
Maximum of 50 persons for private Companies
No upper limit for public Companies
Minimum Share Capital for Companies
Subscription 25% of authorised share capital
Private Companies - N10,000.00
Public Companies - N500,000.00
Note: Minimum share capital for certain businesses are as prescribed by the industry regulators from time to time

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, My Facebook Page Has Huge Views Yet So Little Like (screenshots) / Are These Nigerian Conglomerates Committing Fraud, Or Just Greedy? / See How Successful People Make Money Online (open Secrets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.