Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,051 members, 7,818,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) (45593 Views)

The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) / People Killed In Offa Bank Robbery Loaded In A Truck As Residents Cry (Graphic) / Police Officers And Victims Killed In The Offa Bank Robbery (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by MetroVillaZone(f): 4:53am On Apr 07, 2018
Offa, Kwara State remained in shock yesterday, 24 hours after a gang of robbers attacked five banks and a police station in the town, leaving massive blood on their trail.

The Kwara State Police Command confirmed yesterday that nine of its personnel were killed by the robbers.
Seven other people lost their lives in the attacks, spokesman for the command, Mr.Ajayi Okansanmi, told reporters in an update on the mayhem.

Unofficial accounts yesterday said the death toll might have risen to 23, including two policemen allegedly shot by the robbers in Okuku, Osun State while returning from the operation.

Three vehicles were reportedly abandoned by them.

Angry residents called for an immediate review of the security architecture for banks in Kwara State.

Senate President Bukola Saraki, reacting to the incident on his Facebook wall, called it a despicable act committed by cruel individuals.

He said he had spoken with Governor Fatah Ahmed on the development and both of them agreed that no stone would be left unturned until the bandits were found and prosecuted.

One of the casualties was said to be pregnant. Sources gave her name as Omilola Korede.

She reportedly went to one of the banks to lodge a complaint about a transaction.

She had gone to the bank with her young son but both of them were sprayed with bullets.

Three other women identified as Bunmi Mesan, Iya Muji and Mama Big Club, were also killed.

A survivor, who said he hid inside one of the banks during the attack, was still in shock when he shared his ordeal with our reporter yesterday.

He said: “My brother, it is not something to recall or witness. I don’t even pray it for my enemies.

“I saw death staring at me and others. I still can’t talk much about it.”

He pleaded not to be named.

The paramount ruler of the town, the Olofa, Oba Muftau Gbadamosi, was lost for words when he was contacted yesterday.

He said the destruction that came with the robbery was enormous.

Source: https://www.metrovillazone.com.ng/2018/04/offa-robbery-we-lost-nine-officers.html

1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by Pat081: 5:01am On Apr 07, 2018
Dnt pray to witness it again n again in my life dat bad day devil driv water n R.I.P to d dead ones but please pay d family of dos men dat dead
Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by sekundosekundo: 5:17am On Apr 07, 2018
Is it only 9 officers you cheesy LOSTED? cheesy cheesy

Useless police. What happened to your helicopters or is it only to monitor election in Rivers state. How can armed robbers operate for hours in different banks withing an environment and still escape?. Yeyedeysmell.

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by Emekus92(m): 5:21am On Apr 07, 2018
Where the officers even armed? Most officers walk around with empty guns.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by nero2face: 6:18am On Apr 07, 2018
Time to shoot Don come, una no fit kill even half armed Robber, if na to kill innocent people and term it stray bullet, una go sabi... Zero skill Nigeria police

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by 2kris(m): 6:42am On Apr 07, 2018
Robbery ni KO ritualist
2019 is ticking politician will use Nigerians again
Use their brain and their blood for sacrifice
If you are a paid poster don't mention me biko

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by Jayboi(m): 6:47am On Apr 07, 2018
so sad. the human casualties are just too much. very sure some of these robbers are students of the institution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by DONFASZY(m): 7:01am On Apr 07, 2018
Once dey catch dis tifs
U wil see dere dare devil face change to innocent one,dey will b begging Nigerians to ve mercy on dem after hatles killings

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by DankemzI(m): 7:03am On Apr 07, 2018
Young bearded guys should relocate from that area Asap!
Mass arrest looming

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by starbuck(f): 8:00am On Apr 07, 2018
I careless about the number of policemen that died but my sympathy goes to the unfortunate civilians that was caught up in the mess ,May their souls rest well in the Lord

38 Likes

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by talk2archy: 9:15am On Apr 07, 2018
Very unfortunate, this must be a well planned robbery.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by maxiuc(m): 9:15am On Apr 07, 2018
: angry For me I think Banks should have and fund their own Police security

Build a well and nice security tower on top of the bank building equip with well trained sniper rifle personnel

Their police officer should not been seen in an open place they should always be hidden and monitoring every moves when arm robber comes and see no security outside they might think no security is around before they can do shitt their men Will be falling one after the other by the time you have gunned down about 4 the arm robbers will retreat
Go to bank and see bank securities police officers exposed and gisting they are been taken unware by this robbers that why they get killed. the moment you wear a security uniform you are always a Target

Simple security logic that banks should Carry out but no they wouldn't because they are interested in maximizing profits

133 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:16am On Apr 07, 2018
inept bastards, if na to go kill 600 unarmed eastern protesters now, na that one una and military go fit do.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:17am On Apr 07, 2018
Why not assist them by calling for reenforcement when the act was being carried out.

Nigerian Police can hide in this kind of scenario enh! Who wan die Am also ashamed for the Nigerian Army, so none could confront these men of the underworld

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by castrol180(m): 9:18am On Apr 07, 2018
they cheat people here and there, they should have cheated death too...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by elprince09: 9:19am On Apr 07, 2018
at last...ftc...testimony tmao in church...eyah...shey
dey af die ni
undecidedeyah...so dey af die ni

1 Like

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by Bossontop(m): 9:20am On Apr 07, 2018
undecided
Man is indeed wicked

3 Likes

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by xreal: 9:20am On Apr 07, 2018
Irrespective of their bad behavior, police officers are human.

May their soul RIP.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by hkidola00(m): 9:21am On Apr 07, 2018
starbuck:
I careless about the number of policemen that died but my sympathy goes to the unfortunate civilians that was caught up in the mess ,May their souls rest well in the Lord
but y will u say u careless about d police, dey are humans, and u won't say dat if ur family member is among (I don't pray for that)

7 Likes

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by kullozone(m): 9:21am On Apr 07, 2018
I don't feel any form of pity for them... They're wicked smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by NIJJAking(m): 9:23am On Apr 07, 2018
REPENT NOW EVERYONE OF YOUR SINFUL EVIL WAYS OF LIFE TO AVOID SPENDING YOUR ETERNITY IN HELL FIRE,,,,,,JESUS CHRIST LOVE YOU SOO MUCH AND WARN YOU TO REPENT AND CONVERT NOW TO CHRISTIANITY TO AVOID HELL FIRE WHEN YOU DIE,,,,God made you to be with Him here and in eternity,,,,you are not a mistake creature,,,be wise dont gamble with your eternity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by Nwaohafia1: 9:25am On Apr 07, 2018
And as usual we will type RIP and move on waiting for the next victims. Nigerians hold your leaders accountable.

Just 'ordinary' fire in mall in Russia and the country raged, everyone started demanding explanation

13 Likes

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by JeffreyJames(m): 9:27am On Apr 07, 2018
Election don near, robberies don start. Add 1+1 together you'll understand.

2 Likes

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by richiepolymer(m): 9:27am On Apr 07, 2018
I'm suspicious of this robbery. The style of operation sounds similar to the ones that happened a few years ago in other towns.
These guys can't be rookies. And if they are that smart and good with weapons, what does it imply? .....are you getting the drift?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by Pesuzok(m): 9:28am On Apr 07, 2018
starbuck:

So you think you will be safe when they kill all the policemen. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by Cadec007(m): 9:28am On Apr 07, 2018
offa again? Damn! I dread that town for armed robbery alone. If my memory is ok i can remenber that of 2007, 2012, and now 2018, the police should notice there is a pattern here na!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by RealGucci: 9:31am On Apr 07, 2018
they deserve it.
wen they kill innocent persons always and brag about it.
as a police officer yur life is always in potential danger
they wont wear bullet proofs
they dont carry 9mm pistols.barettas..shotguns..
they walk freely with pride and i dont care attitude
wtf is 2019 gonna look like.
RIP to the fallen
fuc
these are ppls husbands..wives.brothers..sisters.breadwinners.
nobody rejoices over premature/untimely death.
God protect us all.

3 Likes

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 07, 2018
sugh
Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 9:32am On Apr 07, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
Why not assist them by calling for reenforcement when the act was being carried out.

Nigerian Police can hide in this kind of scenario enh! Who wan die Am also ashamed for the Nigerian Army, so none could confront these men of the underworld

That would be interference. It was the job of the police. But what do we have of them? They are busying attaching police guards even to actors like Jim Iyke and Danielle Okeke.

1 Like

Re: Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) by Deltayankeeboi: 9:32am On Apr 07, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bandits Demand N10m To Release Corpse Of Man They Killed After Collecting Ransom / Unknown Assailants Attack 2/1 New Site Kubwa, Wound Scores (Graphic Pics) / Native Doctor Arrested In Kano For Trying To Use The Eyes Of A Baby For Rituals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.