Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) (71812 Views)

One Of The Offa Banks Robbers Identified As A Dismissed Police Officer (Photo) / People Killed In Offa Bank Robbery Loaded In A Truck As Residents Cry (Graphic) / Police Officers And Victims Killed In The Offa Bank Robbery (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by bestpunterever: 8:24am On Apr 07, 2018
shithole country, if it wee to be usa, only those cars left behind would help to trace those bandits..... DNA things.

1 Like

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by crackhouse(m): 8:26am On Apr 07, 2018
olasaad:

Lol my thoughts as well. The owner of those car don enter gobe from Nigeria police...they will be suspect number one now
it's better u report to police than waiting for them to identify you because even if u didn't report to them they will track u once it's registered...and that will make u look suspicious. Now tell me is that the best?
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 8:26am On Apr 07, 2018
In a saner clime, with this cars as evidence and the help of Forensic investigation they are caught sharp sharp

I weep for Naija

1 Like

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by TMOW(m): 8:26am On Apr 07, 2018
True talk but you could have useful info that u gadad at d point of snatch dat could b helpful.
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by oyetunder(m): 8:33am On Apr 07, 2018
hajoke2000:
thank God it was recovered.
dont mind them. not recovered...left by the robbers after they dont need them anymore.
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by fotadmowmend(m): 8:40am On Apr 07, 2018
symbianDON:
bros they won't. eventually the innocent owners will be made to suffer for crimes they know nothing about. come to think of it....who uses his own car in a robbery and then abandon it?
It will. If our police would really follow the trail and I am sure they will, due to the fact that policemen were killed...... Trust me they will arrest them

2 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Sulaimonsb(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2018
What about the cctv camera's in d bank were they destroyed too by the robbers?
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Assassin101: 8:44am On Apr 07, 2018
Not unless the car was reported stolen before the operation

ote author=olasaad post=66498208]

Lol my thoughts as well. The owner of those car don enter gobe from Nigeria police...they will be suspect number one now [/quote]
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Sheylon(m): 8:52am On Apr 07, 2018
ABIOLAXYZ:
More than 50 have been confirmed dead
I Thought They Said 40
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 8:53am On Apr 07, 2018
fiizznation:
I have a problem with this statement; 'If you know the owners call the police' I hope the Nigeria police I know won't accuse the real owners of the cars as accomplices to the arm-robbers.

If any of those cars is one of my car, and some arm-robbers used it to carry a "successful" arm-robbery like this; heaven knows I ain't going to any police division to retrieve that car. Like fvck, we are talking about Nigeria police. Ok, sacrificial car will be my car's new name.

It is well

True that.

But, all things being equal, if u can prove where u were(call records might be helpful), n let them know where d car was snatched, to aid investigation.

They might only require u, to bail urself n ur car. U won't have to buy a new car n all that. If u can invite enough publicity to ur case, u just might escape their machinations
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by berthelot: 8:54am On Apr 07, 2018
dainformant:
The death toll from Thursday’s robbery attack in Offa town in Kwara State has risen to at least 30. About 30 robbers had hit the town, raiding five commercial banks along the Owode Market Area of the town in Offa Local Government Area of the state.

The attack which lasted for hours had left the banks damaged with many feared killed and many more injured. The armed robbers were said to have made away with several millions of naira from the banks, leaving behind a tale of sorrow, tears and blood.

Initial reports had put the death toll at between 12 and 15, but the figure has risen significantly.

Nine police officers were among those killed in the attack while there are fears that the death toll may rise as some of the assailants were said to have attacked the police station in the area.

It was gathered that the gunmen arrived the town in seven vehicles and stationed themselves in each of the banks around 4:30 pm and held the town hostage before escaping through Igosun route in the area whey they allegedly abandoned the cars as seen in the pictures... The vehicles have been recovered at taken to the police station in the area..

Some residents in the area described the robbery as bloody and called for more security presence in the town, saying the incident has become an affair of every five years.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/offa-bank-robbery-vehicles-used-by-armed-robbers-for-escape-in-kwara-recovered-photos.html
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by NwaliE01: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2018
And PMB want to use 1billion Dollar to fight BH in the bush.
Misplaced priority of this Anti-people lawless government.
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Jabioro: 9:01am On Apr 07, 2018
olasaad:

Lol my thoughts as well. The owner of those car don enter gobe from Nigeria police...they will be suspect number one now
lt just a common sense,how can you take your can to robbery scene, maybe the owners might be among the deads or those victim, dead/injured/escapee who abandon their vehicles for a better way.
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2018
Sheylon:
I Thought They Said 40

As at yesterday evening, the number is above 50
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 07, 2018
If you don't go they will come looking for you and that will be worse.

fiizznation:
I have a problem with this statement; 'If you know the owners call the police' I hope the Nigeria police I know won't accuse the real owners of the cars as accomplices to the arm-robbers.

If any of those cars is one of my car, and some arm-robbers used it to carry a "successful" arm-robbery like this; heaven knows I ain't going to any police division to retrieve that car. Like fvck, we are talking about Nigeria police. Ok, sacrificial car will be my car's new name.

It is well

1 Like

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by oderemo(m): 9:05am On Apr 07, 2018
ABIOLAXYZ:

As at yesterday evening, the number is above 50
Waoohhh . That is serious.

2 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:07am On Apr 07, 2018
dangermouse:

In as much as I support you on this statement,on a second thought I still reason that if actually the cars were snatched from the real owners then they would have reported them stolen to other police stations where they were stolen.
Oga these people don't have soul or conscience, if the innocent owners go back for their cars, the number one suspect tag/label will be placed on them like necklace without delay.

1 Like

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by RealGucci: 9:07am On Apr 07, 2018
shame on sars
npf
and all security operatives.
wtf
they need to drop those rusty ak's
and form a naija swat team...NST whose sole responsibility is to kill all bank robbers wud resist arrest wit the use of advanced and deadly assault riffles.
naija leaders are fools sha.
nawa o

owners na one chance be this.
if una venture enter station. e don be .
just close eye go buy new car

wen robbers hear sound of advanced guns.
dem go flee

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by sulakishop(m): 9:15am On Apr 07, 2018
Even if I know the owner of any of the cars, I pray make I talk anything! The last time I reported an accident to police for check point, wetin I hear na: "oya enter moto"

1 Like

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by pedrozone15(m): 9:16am On Apr 07, 2018
whether the owners of those cars report to the station or not, they still will be needed for questioning to help investigate and probably catch the robbers, that's one.
If those robbers had the mind to kill a lot of innocent ppl, the owners of those cars could be dead.
The important thing here is to CATCH THOSE BASTARDS!!!! and tear them into two halves using horses.

3 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by AdamuAudu: 9:18am On Apr 07, 2018
dangermouse:

In as much as I support you on this statement,on a second thought I still reason that if actually the cars were snatched from the real owners then they would have reported them stolen to other police stations where they were stolen.
Which reort. It appears you are visitor or never heard about the Nigerians Police, espexially under this Buhari government. Nor just try that.
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by orumba(m): 9:21am On Apr 07, 2018
BANK ROBBERY ATTACKS? ah elections are closer.
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by orumba(m): 9:24am On Apr 07, 2018
ELECTIONS preparation
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by sekundosekundo: 9:25am On Apr 07, 2018
BankeSmalls:

You think the 5 managers will call robbers to rob their banks? How old are you?

Bro calm down, in 2012 there was a bank robeery like this at Aba, as the armed robbers escaped, the police gave them a hot chase and the gang leader was gunned down. When his phone was checked, the bank managers number was seen as dialed and received calls.
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by onatisi(m): 9:28am On Apr 07, 2018
hajoke2000:
thank God it was recovered.
it was dumped by the robbers because they may already have their own car waiting . they only snatched the cars to rob and later dump it
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Eyanmukaila(m): 9:29am On Apr 07, 2018
in a country this blessed, a DNA technology would have helped solve this case as i am sure one way or another the robbers would have left some DNA evidence but unfortunately the country is gone to the dogs that have got us living & reliving stone age. useless country, after all they impose the hardship on all nigerians to have allowed this happen.
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:34am On Apr 07, 2018
fiizznation:
Bro forget, ain't going nowhere if my car is there. Nigeria police can trace all their _shit for all I care grin cheesy

Why fear go grip you if it was actually stolen from you @ gun point
Trust dey will investigate and know you are innocent
As long as you had it reported @ d nearest station immediately after it was snatched
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:34am On Apr 07, 2018
fiizznation:
Bro forget, ain't going nowhere if my car is there. Nigeria police can trace all their _shit for all I care grin cheesy

Believe me
You will not want to wake up one morning and found ur house is surrounded by the Police SARS.
That time you Wil not even be given any chance to talk ur own
Na SARS torture go vommit wetin dey ya mind

1 Like

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by JMOB(m): 9:39am On Apr 07, 2018
dangermouse:

it's just a bait to link the crime to the real owners of the cars

1 Like

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by jeronimo(m): 9:40am On Apr 07, 2018
BankeSmalls:

You think the 5 managers will call robbers to rob their banks? How old are you?

Savage you are! Lol

3 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by olasaad(f): 9:42am On Apr 07, 2018
Jabioro:
lt just a common sense,how can you take your can to robbery scene, maybe the owners might be among the deads or those victim, dead/injured/escapee who abandon their vehicles for a better way.

Abi oooo but we all know how our police behave

1 Like

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 07, 2018
fiizznation:

It is well

This is not an issue of 'Nigerian Police' and their behavior. If your car is stolen, you should have reported to them since, anything apart from that and you're automatically suspect No1. If i was in the NPF, the owners of those cars would definitely talk.

Call records, messages etc. would be checked, how can five banks be robbed within how many hours?... with an estimate of 30 thieves!

Even the bank managers are going in for it, they too would talk! angry

The residents even said that this isn't the first time this is happening and nothing was put in place to curb it, oh boy, all suspects must talk o undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Paraded Unlcad For Raping EKSU Students (Photos, Video) / Temitope Arowolo: Lebanon Was Hell, I Don’t Pray For Satan To Experience It / Borno Shop Owner Arrested For Connecting 21 Fridges To Streetlight Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.