Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

A Must-read Drama: Devil The Satan Parts 1&2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Must-read Drama: Devil The Satan Parts 1&2 (241 Views)

Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? / Selling My Soul To The Satan. / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must-read Drama: Devil The Satan Parts 1&2 by tungamaje: 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
Foreword
One thing is clear: it is only the Bible which can tell us who God really is. He is the Almighty creator of the universe and controller of affairs in it, the Supreme Being having absolute control over his creation. Every true Christian must believe this because the Bible tells us that we can only please God by having total belief and faith in him.

Unfortunately, the misinterpretation of a few Bible passages has blurred its original teaching that God is supreme and has no challenger to his authority. To many people, God is all powerful as he himself confirmed but as a matter of fact, that's not actually the truth. He is the giver of good health and blessings, but one supernatural being, an enemy called the Devil or Satan has been undoing his works by bringing problems and unhappiness in the lives of men and women. Should we as true Christians hold the same view? Should we believe that what God told us about his absolute supremacy may be right in a way but not essentially the fact?

The following play, Devil the Satan tells the story of two friends and their pastor who finally came to understand the true Bible teaching about the Omnipotent God and who his enemy really is. The play comes in parts 1 and 2 and also in PDF format under the title 'The Original Gospel' which is obtainable free of charge from the publishers. Other plays under the same title include:
1. Heaven and Hell parts 1 and 2
2. Speaking in tongues
3. Prosperity
4. Where are the dead?
5. Daddy G.O
These would be gladly sent free of charge on request to: akurechristadelphians@yahoo.com

Please note:
All Bible quotations in this drama series are from the King James Version

Act 1
Scene 1
Lights on to show Moses in his room preparing for church and talking to himself
Moses: Oh my God, what am I going to wear to church today? All my clothes are rumpled; we are really suffering due to this transformer problem. (Prays) God, please save us from this problem o. (Collects a suit from his wardrobe and admires it) This suit looks very nice, but see how rumpled it is, should I wear it like this? (Consoles himself) Anyway, God doesn't take pleasure in our outward appearance but rather how clean we are inside, I am sure he will understand
(Leaving for church in his creased clothes, he greets his seated co-tenants who are discussing in the compound) Good morning my brothers, I am going to church
Co-tenants: (mocking him) Brother, don't be late you hear?! May God be with you! You are a real child of God and he will definitely answer your prayers! Please remember us in your prayers o!
Moses: No problem my brothers, I will
(Moses gone, one speaking to one of his colleagues)
How can one stand before God with his clothes rumpled like this?
His friend: Me, I will never try it. I won't dare embarrass myself this way
(All laugh) Ha ha ha ha! Don't you see how he looks like a mad person?
Everybody continues laughing and lights off

Scene 2
After service and going home, he meets his friend Jackson who is seated under an umbrella tree and they greet each other
Jackson: Hello Moses, how are you?
Moses: I am really fine, thank you.
Jackson: Ol' boy, but why are you wearing such creased clothes? Does it mean you don't have a pressing iron at home?
Moses: My brother, I have an iron but we have light problem, we haven't had light for more than 4 months now
Jackson: (Couldn’t believe it)For more than 4 months? Why?
Moses: Those evil people in our village won't let us have light
Jackson: (didn’t understand) Who are those people and why is it they don't like electricity?
Moses: My brother, is it not those witches and wizards? They decided our transformer will never work. Whenever the transformer is fixed, they will spoil it again. You know they like darkness so that they can continue to do their evil
Jackson: (Consoles him) O, I am really sorry for you people, you have really entered into trouble. That's how they said there was one who used her magical powers to remove all the senses in her grandson's head resulting in the boy scoring zero at school
Moses: Really? Her grandson? That was really bad of her, she is really wicked
Jackson: Hm, as for me, anytime they catch a witch, I am going to join people to lynch her; they don't deserve mercy at all
Moses: But how would you see them? People who transform into animals or insects and move about in the dark, you can never see them.
Jackson: But what do you plan to do about those witches who are troubling your transformer?
Moses: Ah, we have declared spiritual war against them; we are going to fast for 3 days and nights to fight them
Jackson: O, that's a good idea; you should try and neutralize them so that they will know there is power above power
(Just then, Samuel, Moses’ neighbour approaches)
Is that not Samuel your neighbour coming so?
Moses: It’s him, it seems he went to the market to buy some things (greets Samuel) Ah Sam, how are you and where are you coming from?
Samuel: I am fine; I just went to the market to shop
Jackson: Okay, so you are already preparing for your fasting and prayers, isn’t it? No need to worry, God will definitely fight for you against the enemies
Samuel: What sort of fasting are you talking about? If they like, let them declare 40 days of fasting and prayers, I Samuel am not with them
Moses: (Surprised) Sam, what do you mean? Are you happy the way we have been without light for so long?
Samuel: Not that I am not feeling it; the thing is that no witch caused the transformer to become faulty, there is no such power. The transformer is old and that’s why it frequently breaks down
Moses: (Angry) You Samuel, why is it that you don’t ever believe what others believed? So do you want to say witches don’t possess powers? Just pray they don’t remember you
(In support of his friend)
Jackson: My brother Samuel, that’s a good advice. Please don’t just open your mouth and talk anyhow, walls have ears you know
Samuel: Where are the witches? Whenever you people see an old ugly lady, you will call her a witch
Moses: What do you mean? What about those of them who confess to be witches?
Samuel: I want both of you to quote me, No sane individual will ever call herself a witch
Jackson: (Exclaims) Heeey! What are you saying? Haven’t you seen one who confessed to be a witch? Myself, I have seen one who confessed she killed her own son through witchcraft
Moses: (to Jackson) Jack, it’s good you are witnessing how I use to argue with this Samuel, others will say something is black but he will dispute it to say it’s white.
Samuel; (with an air of authority) Let me tell you, take such a person to a psychiatric hospital to be examined and you will see she has a mental problem. Or don’t you know mental problems come in different forms?
Jackson: I don’t understand what you are trying to say, my friend
Samuel: What I am saying is that we are too superstitious. We don’t believe there is a reason when something unpleasant happens. When someone falls sick, he won’t go to the hospital but will blame his illness on an enemy. One drives recklessly and gets involved in an accident; he will blame it on a village witch. That’s our problem
Moses: But some people do fall sick and go to the hospital where they cannot be cured, don’t you know their illness is spiritual?
Samuel: That’s not true, it’s just because we don’t have better equipment in our hospitals. Take such a person to America or Europe and see whether his illness will not be diagnosed and treated effectively
Moses: Sam, let me get you right, so what you are trying to say is that witches have no powers to do evil?
Samuel: Me too, I have 2 questions for you, try and answer me
Both: Go on, we are listening
Samuel: Why is it that Boko Haram attack villages and kill everybody while the witches and wizards there cannot save themselves not to talk of saving their children? Instead, everybody is crying that the government should come to their aid, why?
Both: Anyway, there is sense in what you are saying. I remember Chibok girls…
Samuel: Yes, Boko Haram kidnapped their children and they couldn’t transform into snakes or birds or lizards to locate where they kept them. It was rather America and Britain who were helping us to search for the kidnappers
Jackson: Anyway, your question is a serious one, what about the second?
Samuel: Yes, why is it that witches and wizards are usually poor and cannot use their magical powers to enter into a bank to pack money? (Mocks) The person who claims he can make me rich through his magical powers is rather poor
Both: Em, em, your second question is also a tough one; it won’t be easy to give an answer.
Samuel: It’s because they have no such powers, they cannot
Jackson: Okay, what about those magicians who perform wonders such as swallowing a knife, do you mean they don’t possess powers?
Samuel: My brother, the performing of a magical art is just like any other art which anybody can learn; it is called mental manipulation, meaning the playing of tricks on your mind. It’s just about learning and mastering the tricks
Johnny: You mean there are no spiritual powers attached to it?
Samuel: Your question reminds me of some Hausa boys who were recently arrested by the police in Lagos for swallowing the naira notes. Inside the police cell where they were detained, they were crying and begging, saying they were doing the magic in order to feed themselves. If they had powers, why didn’t they disappear and avoid arrest?
Johnny: So you mean those wonders which magicians perform are just tricks?
Samuel: Yes, you yourself can learn them if you are serious. In this modern era, you can learn them through the internet. In Acts 19:19 when Paul preached in Ephesus, magicians also repented and brought out their textbooks to burn them up
Moses: But Samuel, do you mean the Devil doesn’t have power? Isn’t it in your Bible?
Samuel: Of course the Bible talks about the devil but not the way people believe it
Jackson: But at least it is in the Bible, isn’t it?
Samuel: It is, but there is nothing or a person which has power to do evil or destroy the work of God which they call the devil if not God himself
Moses: (surprised) Jack, can you hear this man?! It seems the devil himself has sent him to deceive us, let us be very careful
Jackson: You are right my brother. (Touches Samuel)
Samuel: So why did you touch me?
Jackson: I want to be sure it’s really you Samuel who is talking
Samuel: Haba! I am the one
Jackson: So what do you mean when you say there is no devil? Are you trying to turn the Bible upside down?
Samuel: It is God who does both good and evil; he does not compete with anybody or anything
(Shouts and rebukes)
Both: Blasphemy! Blasphemy! Blasphemy! Aru! Aru! Aru! Abomination! Abomination! Abomination! The devil is a liar! The devil is a liar! The devil is a liar! Devil, we rebuke you! We rebuke you! We rebuke you! Devil, you cannot deceive us! We are bigger than you! You cannot deceive us! We rebuke you! You are a liar!
Samuel: (Tries to calm them down) Let me explain! Wait let me explain. I want to explain!
Both: Explain what?! What do you want to explain?! The devil is a liar! You are a liar! We rebuke you the devil!
They begin to speak in ‘tongues’ whilst rebuking the devil,
(Eh ba ba ba ba ba ba! Maskusari! Bugati panambangaramba! Bonima garambusa! Kitamba fanasi…! )
Lights off

Scene 3
At Jackson's the next day, both friends discuss
Moses: Jack, I think I've been telling you this Samuel is not a child of God, that's how we have always been arguing over the Bible
Jackson: This is no longer a story; I've heard it with my two ears. How can one say that God does both good and evil?
Moses: This is serious blasphemy and I am not sure God will forgive him. Nobody who blasphemes against God will go unpunished. (To his friend) Jack, isn't it the devil who has been destroying the work of God?
Jackson: It surprises me what he's saying. But as for me Jackson, I know the devil and his angels can never deceive me, never!
Moses: Don't mind the idiot, he wanted to explain. Deceiver, he can never deceive me, laye laye!
Jackson: Was that what he said yesterday, he wanted to explain?
Moses: Don't mind that fool, he is looking for someone to deceive.
Jackson: (Gets an idea) Moses, I've got an idea
Moses: What is it?
Jackson: You see, what happened yesterday between us and Samuel should be given as testimony in the church on Sunday
Moses: (agrees) Jaaaack, that's true. At least other members will be more careful because the devil and his messengers are now many in the land
(One more idea)
Jackson: But, I want to suggest we go back to him and hear more blasphemies which will proceed out of his mouth
Moses: It's true, it's a good idea
Jackson: You know, when the wind blows, the fowl's genitals will be exposed. We are going to reveal more of the devil's secrets on Sunday
Moses: It's really a good idea, let's go and meet him
Jackson: I think it's good we go with our Bibles, shouldn't we?
Moses: Yes you are right, let's pass by my house so that I will collect my Bible
Both friends leave, and lights off

Scene 4
Lights on to show Abu, Samuel’s farmer friend as he comes to visit him. They are discussing farm work
Samuel: Em, Abu please make sure you go and complete the farm work now that it's started to rain so that I can plant my corn
Abu: Haba! Oga Samuel, don't you trust me again? I will pfinish the work next tomorrow, insha Allahu
Samuel: Next tomorrow? That would be nice. When you finish, just come and collect your money
Abu: It's alright, Zan tepfi. I am going
Samuel: It's okay, my regards to your family
Abu: Yauaaa! They will hear, Sai anjima
Samuel: It's alright, bye
Abu leaves.

Scene 5
Approach Jackson and Moses who see Abu coming out from Samuel’s room
Moses: (in a low voice) Jack, don't you see that man with black clothes coming out from Samuel's room? He must be one of their members
Jackson: It's true, I heard that black is the favourite colour of the devil and his angels
Moses: You see, I am suspecting he went to deliver Samuel a message from the devil
Jackson: (agrees) You may be right
Moses: See, if he greets us, don't mind him, we shouldn't respond, do you hear me?
Jackson: No problem.
Moses: (Abusing the men) Angels of darkness! Wicked people!
Abu approaches and greets them Asalam Aleikum without response from the two friends. Passing by, he misses his step and about to fall, holds unto Jackson
Jackson: (frightened, runs away with Moses, shouting) Yey, yey, yey, yey, yey, yey! Devil o, don't touch me! Devil, leave me alone! Devil o! Devil o! It's the devil o o! Devil, go away! Devil, leave me alone!
Abu: (Upset and abusing him) Who is a debul? Baban nka, shi ne debul! Your pfada is a debul! Pfoolish man! Ubanka! Dan boroba! Uwarka shege!
Very angry, he leaves. After he was gone, the two friends return and continue on their way to Samuel's
Moses: Let's be going, he is gone
Jackson: It's alright
Lights off

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know? / Marriage: Right Age To Get Married And Requirements Needed / David O. Olusegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.