Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

"For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? (8467 Views)

Oyedepo: Why Nigeria Has Not Changed For Better / Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Freethought(m): 9:48am On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:
During my wedding, I used for better, for better.
And indeed it has been for better for better so far
Your marriage is how many years now?!
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by melvin0004(m): 9:50am On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:
During my wedding,
I used for better, for better.

let be realistic for once,it can't be gud all d tym ....Every marriage has it gud n bad tym......

2 Likes

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 9:51am On Apr 08, 2018
they should remove that "till death do us apart " phrase
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 9:52am On Apr 08, 2018
Freethought:

1year and liab... grin

1 Like

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Amarabae(f): 9:53am On Apr 08, 2018
Freethought:

yes don't matter,
As a Christian, I walk by faith and not by sight.
It is my faith that it will be for better for better.
I have no business with worse. cheesy
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by OsamaB: 9:53am On Apr 08, 2018
Any response to that question would be based on people’s opinions and choices. The bible doesn’t explicitly prescribe marriage in those terms. Then again, the bible is composed of letters and manuscripts of songs were the authors expressed their feelings and opinion. Even the text are transcribed from other languages and meanings may have been lost in translation.

Nevertheless, some words attributed to Jesus Christ on situations closely similar can be found in Matthew 5:33 were Jesus was quoted to have spoken against oath taken in general.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 08, 2018
jy2kbeyond:
For better for worse, for rich and for poorer, the sickness on earth....cheesy
In Sickness And In Health Ode.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by lobell: 9:54am On Apr 08, 2018
Life is full of ups and downs.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by donbachi(m): 9:55am On Apr 08, 2018
Are you scared?the word best in marriage means alot of things.if your marriage is blessed with children,you have a job,wife also working,good health,relative peace and none nags.the worst means in sickness,barreness,joblessness,all round troubles,nagging,lack of trust and early death.But,i will advise you to remove your mind from the negative(worst)side of marriage.if you can't,always pray together with your wife and back it up with psalm 23.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by OluOlaLekan(m): 9:55am On Apr 08, 2018
You see, it's the same virus that made us change the lyrics of that popular song "When trouble comes my way, i will praise the Lord". Now, everyone sings "when success comes my way, I will praise the Lord. But in plain terms, the bible never told us it would be a bed of roses. John 16:33b puts it right.. "in the world, ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world".

It's just the idealist's fantasies and this virus is eating us so deep!

1 Like

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by lobell: 9:56am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
they should remove that "till death do us apart " phrase

Till death do us part...not apart.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Freethought(m): 9:59am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

1year and liab... grin

Exactly why you made that statement, still young in marriage... There is no marriage without ups and downs unless of course either party is a pretender, if not both.. I'm not saying dere is no better marriage but there is no better marriage without few downs..

My dear sister, be prepared, a lot of things are going to happen in that marriage, that you will so wish you never even venture into it, but how you respond to those trying times is what will define your marriage.. BETTER or WORSE..

Have a great and happy marriage life sis !!!

1 Like

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by harsysky(m): 10:00am On Apr 08, 2018
Everything has its own time. a time to laugh and a time to be sad, a time to gather and a time to scatter. it is just normal that there wud be a worse time, so nothing wrong using it.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Freethought(m): 10:01am On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:
yes don't matter, As a Christian, I walk by faith and not by sight. It is my faith that it will be for better for better. I have no business with worse. cheesy
Of course you do not.
Like your faith dou
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 08, 2018
For better for worse depends on what the individual terms as worse. We all have our deal breaker and limits. Some people can tolerate a cheating man, some tolerate an abusive man(na people dey like BDSM sef) .

But let's remember that after worse there is worst. When it gets to the point that your limit has been exceeded and you are at the worst phase, you are justified to pull out. After all its "for better for worse ",not "for better for worst "
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:
During my wedding,

Nice. The last wedding I attended used "for better, for best".
I guess they were just being optimistic cheesy

You are beautiful smiley
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 08, 2018
SamuelTurner:
many questions on their table.......one guy even asked if there is love can exist without respect

Mbanu, I remember telling someone that respect is even more important than Love and trust in a relationship, marriage.

If your woman doesn't have respect for you, thr love is certainly going to diminish, and you won't even want to trust the person anymore or the trust you have for her will also diminish.

#My opinion
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:
During my wedding,

It isn't what you say it is who you are and especially the person that want to stand by you
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Amarabae(f): 11:00am On Apr 08, 2018
AntiBrutus:

Nice. The last wedding I attended used "for better, for best".
I guess they were just being optimistic cheesy

You are beautiful smiley
Thanks.

Confession is very important.
We should not give power and energy to "for worse "

Happy Sunday
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by 49cents(m): 11:07am On Apr 08, 2018
My friend used for better Nd better at Christ embassy....

I will stand with you in health and omitted sickness.....

They had lost two of thier kids.

I am not at all mocking him....no way.

I just think many Christians today in Nigeria have an unrealistic approach to life.

How come Pastor's wives die young or of illness....?

Pentecostals especially should stop living in fools paradise

1 Like

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by chacoonder(m): 11:27am On Apr 08, 2018
"In good times and bad times "..is better.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by xstudios(m): 11:40am On Apr 08, 2018
wow!
society really has everything twisted.

....profit AND loss
....for better for worse

ti succeed at anything, one basically first accepts both sides of the 'Life Coin'

an intending recruit digns first his own death warrant, its a precondition. become the walking dead makes life and death situation better to handle

couples whi understand that good and bad times WILL come grow as a very strong family
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by airlord2020: 11:50am On Apr 08, 2018
It's the white man's traditional wedding. It means that you will stick to your spouse no matter the odds of life. You can as well say it is not necessary to put on white for the wedding too. It's mainly in Nigeria that things are copied and not copied well. If you don't want to do it that way then go and do the African traditional wedding only and forget white wedding. angry
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Originalsly: 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
Making vows is the direct opposite of what the Bible teaches. Do not swear...or make vows... because no man is certain he can keep them. The vows widely used in marriage....in churches.... by MOG.... for better for worse etc...are all Pagan. Why even teach it?
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by histemple: 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
jy2kbeyond:
For better for worse, for rich and for poorer, in sickness and in health....cheesy

A complete version I guess.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by profudus(m): 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
It is not for better, for worse... The correct version is for better or for worse, in health or in sickness. The two conditions are mutually exclusive
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Igba123: 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2018
SamuelTurner:
many questions on their table.......one guy even asked if there is love can exist without respect
for better for worse is used to express dat come what may we are together, no divorce, exactly what christianity promotes. Don't tell me some ppl do not keep it for dat's there kuli kuli. For better for better, what does it express?
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Ceede: 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
SamuelTurner:
RCCG sunday school now is currently teaching about marriage and divorce. as we were meditating on it today, a man asked a question saying "is for better for worse a correct thing to be used during marital vows or for better for better" he further backed his question with a scripture.

Now my own view is that are they expecting worse condition in the bible or is the normal procedure everybody goes through?
is no longer for beta for worst. New era, for beta for stay for worst for gone.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Ceede: 1:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:
During my wedding,

today's woman for beta for beta. For wosrt for gone.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:
During my wedding,

God forbid ohh, so if it gets worse, u will zap out I guess??
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:
During my wedding,

So if things get bad you'll divorce your husband?

There's no marriage that won't pass through tough and trying times. That is the truth
Anybody who states otherwise is lying.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Durchess(f): 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2018
Diso60090:
From better to worse after marriage

1: year you both sort out issues
2: year the family sort out issues
3: year the neighbours sort out issues
4:year single mum%dad
chai

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Election Of Church Leaders By Voting: Is It Biblical? / FAKE MIRACLES!! Reverend Father Modestus Chiedozie Chilaka – Watch Video / Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.