Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Soul Of A Man And The Spirit Of That Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between A Soul Of A Man And The Spirit Of That Man (538 Views)

May God Keep Daddy Adeboye. That Man Is A True Man Of God / Winners' Chapel Declares 7-Day Fasting For The Rescue Of The Soul Of Nigeria / "Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Soul Of A Man And The Spirit Of That Man by chidexco(m): 10:19am On Apr 08, 2018
HAPPY SUNDAY NAIRALANDERS...

Many of us believe that a man is made up of SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY. But i am one of the people that believe that the soul of a man is the same thing as the spirit of that man.
So if you are among those that believe they are different(ie they are three in number) so tell me what is the difference between the soul of a man and the spirit of that man.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Soul Of A Man And The Spirit Of That Man by pongwa(m): 10:40am On Apr 08, 2018
your soul controls your will power, emotions and daily decision making processes. your spirit is the real you and your body is just a casing
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Soul Of A Man And The Spirit Of That Man by Solowande(m): 10:46am On Apr 08, 2018
The soul of a man is the one that dies while the spirit goes back to the creator. Soul die but Spirit don't. For example when Jesus died, his soul died with him but his spirit resurrected and sits at the right hand side of God.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Soul Of A Man And The Spirit Of That Man by Rigel95(m): 11:31am On Apr 08, 2018
While the two words are often used interchangeably, the primary distinction between soul and spirit in man is that the soul is the animate life, or the seat of the senses, desires, affections, and appetites. The spirit is that part of us that connects, or refuses to connect, to God. Our spirits relate to His Spirit, either accepting His promptings and conviction, thereby proving that we belong to Him ( Romans 8:16 ) or resisting Him and proving that we do not have spiritual life (Acts 7:51 ).

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Soul Of A Man And The Spirit Of That Man by enilove(m): 11:44am On Apr 08, 2018
chidexco:

Many of us believe that a man is made up of SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY. But i am one of the people that believe that the soul of a man is the same thing as the spirit of that man.
So if you are among those that believe they are different(ie they are three in number) so tell me what is the difference between the soul of a man and the spirit of that man.

Spirit and soul are not the same.

Man is a tripartite or triplex being. The creation of man is divided into or comprises of 3 parts.

The Body ..,. created from dust
The spirit..... gotten from God. This also the breath of life.
The soul....... which is the human being living in a body and empowered by the spirit living inside the body.

Genesis 2:7 KJV
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 41:8 KJV
And it came to pass in the morning that his SPIRIT was troubled; and he sent and called for all the magicians of Egypt, and all the wise men thereof: and Pharaoh told them his dream; but there was none that could interpret them unto Pharaoh.

THE SPIRIT WAS TROUBLED AND NOT THE SOUL.

Genesis 41:38 KJV
And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is , a man in whom the SPIRIT of God is ?

A COMPLETE OR NORMAL HUMAN MUST HAVE THE Spirit of GOD.

Leviticus 19:31 KJV
Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.

A MAN CAN HAVE ANOTHER SPIRIT DIFF FROM THE SPIRIT OF GOD .

Leviticus 20:6 KJV
And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

The above dererentiates between the SPIRIT and SOUL . "The SOUL that turneth after the familiar SPIRIT", not the spirit that turneth after familiar spirit.

It is either you have the Spirit of God or the spirit of the devil .

Below you can see that the SOUL, SPIRIT AND BODY are differentiated :

1 Thessalonians 5:23 KJV
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12 KJV
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Soul Of A Man And The Spirit Of That Man by bahaushe1: 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2018
Spirit and soul are one and the same thing.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Soul Of A Man And The Spirit Of That Man by Hiswordxray(m): 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
chidexco:

Soul means many things for different people. Even the Hebrew words interpreted as soul in the bible are many. The first time the word soul appeared in the bible, the same Hebrew word that was used was later translated as animal in the same bible.

Soul can mean carnal, animal, flesh, man.
And soul can also mean, heart, emotions, feelings
Then soul can also mean spirit.
It all depends on the context of the usage.

(1) (Reply)

Holiness Is A Weapon (10) / See What This Catholic Priest Did! / Refuting Reno Omokri And Daddy Freeze On The Name Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.