Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) (23952 Views)

OAU Student Cries Out: No Electricity In Our Hostels For 5 Months Now! / Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / Viral Question Unibadan Lecturer Asked His Students During Examinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by sojiadebo(m): 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2018
that's what happens when a selfish, insensitive idiot is incharge of a university
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by callthefred: 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2018
I remember about a year ago when Vice President Yemi Osinbajo was paying unscheduled visits to government institutions. The media hype over such visits was actually what gave me the conviction then that is was just to hogwash the citizenry. The steam is now down and it's the formula of stolen funds.

I think the difference between our leaders and those in other clans are just simply that you can't give what you do not have. They're after all products of our society.

Nigerians we can actually take our country back from these politicians only if we are indeed ready. It shouldn't matter who becomes the President or where he/she comes from. I am so amazed as to how we have accepted faith that North must rule for another 4 years instead of asking for the manifestos and pedigree of those who are vying for office. No one not America or Britain will do what we must do for us. Let us wake up from all corners of this nation and take the country back. After all we have the numbers.

2 Likes

Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by RealGucci: 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
nawa o
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by thorpido(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
GGirll:
Shithole school always trying to compete with unilag see school like poo
Yea,they cannot compete when it comes to fashion and trends. undecided

Academics una no near,beauty una no near OAU.
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by thorpido(m): 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
iphanyi10:

sorry bro, if i may ask, what is your course of study?

This kind one,na one pedestrian course dem dey learn like anthropology.

2 Likes

Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
GGirll:

Just scanned through ur senses, I found nothing there. You dare compare Unilag to UI. U must be a joker

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by bigtt76(f): 5:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
Imagine and when they graduate now, leave the country, government would be wondering why angry

Muckross1122:
The University of Ibadan had sent the medical students out of their hostels for having a sit-in protest.

The university Registrar, Mr Olujimi Olukoya, in a statement issued in Ibadan and obtained, said the decision was taken by the academic board during a meeting on Friday.

He said the board considered the situation report with respect to students’ protest over the increase in the professional training and accommodation fees by the university.

Olukoya said, “In view of the security threat that the students’ action may pose, the board, therefore, recommended an immediate closure of the Alexander Brown Hall until further notice with a review of the situation in two weeks.

“Consequently, the Vice-Chancellor, on behalf of senate has approved the recommendation of the Academic Board of the College.

“Students resident in the Alexander Brown Hall are, therefore, directed to vacate the hall on or before 12noon of Saturday, 7 April, 2018.”

Watch Videos Below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVT78LZGz2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY6gNtjxZBc

Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2018/04/unibadan-sent-medical-students-out-of.html
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Israeltolani(m): 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
There is God oo
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by sallazlee(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
prince3009:
See the school being touted as the first university in Nigeria. lipsrsealed
don't judge the book by it cover.
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by fuckpro: 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
GGirll:

...don't mind UI imgine trying to collect first position in d.ick sucking
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by pek(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
The writer of this article should improve. The mistakes start from the headline. It sends not sent.
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by 86bee(f): 6:01pm On Apr 08, 2018
GGirll:
MAWU dey beef us o. sorry ur comment is baseless.
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by iphanyi10(m): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2018
thorpido:

lol..
you read my mind, the reason for my question is his obvious display of silliness and ineptitude
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Danniyounge(m): 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
kinibigdeal:
It will never happen under GEJ but what can we say about the advancement in the technology of cluelessness presently in Aso rock

bia.must everything b buhari,,dun goan work erh
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by practicalclass: 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
Smh for Nigerian govt/leaders oppressing minds willing to learn and achieve a future.
A leaping increment from 47k to 173k, haba. Some of those students are being sent to school by irregular pension payments from elderly parents. While some of those students even sponsor themselves.
If only they would increase worker's salary or minimum wage in this manner cry
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Appliedmaths(m): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
GGirll:

You'll have to prove me wrong, I have worked with over 10 Unilag graduates and only 1 only 1 has been able to prove to me that Unilag has something to offer. You can't match a pharm D from Uniben to the best graduating pharmacy student in Unilag, let me just stop here.

1 Like

Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
No wonder why all my med student family and friends can't wait to graduate and leave this shithole grin
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by afroxyz: 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2018
thorpido:

Anthropology no be pedaestrian course o. No gork yourself
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Ademidd: 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2018
To those of u comparing schools on this thread...The society does not care about where u studied. What u can offer is the important thing undecided

1 Like

Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by presh2dk(m): 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
oyetunder:
YOU see. Nigeria is the only country where the people do not care to kown how much the medical students are suffering in medical colleges...but they want doctors to work for free if possible. The way some people talk about medical doctors, you will think that they were sponsored using federal governments funds.
They are compensated with their pride na
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by joan1678(m): 6:55pm On Apr 08, 2018
oyetunder:
YOU see. Nigeria is the only country where the people do not care to kown how much the medical students are suffering in medical colleges...but they want doctors to work for free if possible. The way some people talk about medical doctors, you will think that they were sponsored using federal governments funds.
Aswearrrrr... With this nonsense I'm facing now, I no go ever do free consultation. that's even if I stay I Nigeria sef
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by joan1678(m): 6:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
presh2dk:
They are compensated with their pride na
Wtf you saying man?
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by joan1678(m): 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2018
Glay:
No wonder why all my med student friends can't wait to graduate and leave this shithole grin
We can't wait oo
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2018
kinibigdeal:
It will never happen under GEJ but what can we say about the advancement in the technology of cluelessness presently in Aso rock

GEJ was the one who in 2013...told ASUU that government could not pay the universites the N3 trillion per annum promised in the 2009 FG/ASUU agreement...which led to the fee increases we are seeing today.

The thing is, and I am not attacking GEJ because he told ASUU the truth, government cannot fund university education to a top level without spending trillions of naira JUST on universties. Unless you want Buhari to spend N3 trillion from this year's 8trillion naira budget on universties...just on universties.

If you vote PDP or even bring GEJ back...fees are STILL going to have to go up. It costs at least N600000 naira per annum to train one Nigerian undergraduate...more if it is a professional course. You cannot expect quality on fees less than N500000 per annum...that is just $1000 .

Or we keep on taking loans from IMF.
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by otswag(m): 7:02pm On Apr 08, 2018
GGirll:
Even UNilag med students no fit get confidence tok this shiit for public. She no even call OAU, Ilorin, Uniben...... Compete with "Unilag" lohun lohun grin grin grin, But that discussion is irrelevant here.
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
practicalclass:
Smh for Nigerian govt/leaders oppressing minds willing to learn and achieve a future.
A leaping increment from 47k to 173k, haba. Some of those students are being sent to school by irregular pension payments from elderly parents. While some of those students even sponsor themselves.
If only they would increase worker's salary or minimum wage in this manner cry

And where do you expect government to find the money it needs to fund universites?

Look...ASUU and FG in 2009 estimated that it would cost N3trillion yearly to keep fees low and fund unviersites adequately. Even during the good old days of GEJ....the govt did not have that money...and forced ASUU to take N200bn over 5 years in extra funding.

Thing is, even at N173,000 per annum, the cost is not enough to adequately fund university training in Nigeria. Meanwhile, oil sells at around $70. We need it to be selling at $140 per barrel to earn enough money just to fund our budget without borrowing.Agriculture is not earning enough in dolalrs for the exchequer, and has not been since commodity prices crashed in the 1970's.

To achieve what you want, we are going to have to take another loan from IMF, and that means more debt. Or we just suck it in, and pay the higher fees we need to pay

Yes, Germany has free of charge education....at the expense of its citizens paying income tax of 50% of their annual income. If we tried that in Nigeria...there would be war.

1 Like

Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
callthefred:
I remember about a year ago when Vice President Yemi Osinbajo was paying unscheduled visits to government institutions. The media hype over such visits was actually what gave me the conviction then that is was just to hogwash the citizenry. The steam is now down and it's the formula of stolen funds.

I think the difference between our leaders and those in other clans are just simply that you can't give what you do not have. They're after all products of our society.

Nigerians we can actually take our country back from these politicians only if we are indeed ready. It shouldn't matter who becomes the President or where he/she comes from. I am so amazed as to how we have accepted faith that North must rule for another 4 years instead of asking for the manifestos and pedigree of those who are vying for office. No one not America or Britain will do what we must do for us. Let us wake up from all corners of this nation and take the country back. After all we have the numbers.

So we take the country back..what next?

How do we get N3 trillion per annum needed just to keep fees low?

How do we earn enough from exports of commdities to fund a budget of N20 trillion , with 6 trillion spent on just eiducation?

You want free education without thinking how you are going to pay for it. Is it by collecting half of every Nigerian's monthly income in tax like the Germans do, or by forcing hundreds of university lecutrers to take salary costs. Or we scrap the Senate, and we use their budget of N1 trillion just to fund universties?(Not even enough).

If you want the kind of economy that can pay for free education, you have to work hard and develop an industrial economy that would generate the kind of income that you can use for free stuff. But the thing is...most of you Nigerians want to share money, not to work for it. You treat the economy as a big national plate of amala and ewedu soup or pounded yam and egusi soup where everyone comes to eat...without bothering how you get the materials to cook the food in the first place.

It is easy to organise revolution. The money problem is still there tho.
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 08, 2018
Stevyne:
All my life have never heard such news from Harvard, Edinburgh uni scotland......

But only me dear country

Harvard fees are sky high...in the region of $40000 and above...which means that funding is enough for everyhting. Plus...they get donations fromrich alumni, and so on

Edinburgn and other Scottish universties are free...for Scots only. Other UK citizens have to pay fees, and international students pay much higher than UK students. 9000-12000 pounds sterling .

Am sure you would love it if your dear country charged that kind of high fees.....
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Stevyne: 7:16pm On Apr 08, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Harvard fees are sky high...in the region of $40000 and above...which means that funding is enough for everyhting. Plus...they get donations fromrich alumni, and so on

Edinburgn and other Scottish universties are free...for Scots only. Other UK citizens have to pay fees, and international students pay much higher than UK students. 9000-12000 pounds sterling .

Am sure you would love it if your dear country charged that kind of high fees.....
My broda, it will still happen. we are backward in africa
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Burgerlomo: 7:17pm On Apr 08, 2018
That's not fair cool
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
Stevyne:
My broda, it will still happen. we are backward in africa

I doubt you really want Nigerian schools to charge high fees...

The fact is, we need at leat N3 trillion per annum to fund universites adequately. Either we raise fees, take a loan, or pray oil goes up to $150 per barrel.
Re: UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) by Warripikin08(m): 7:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
kennisman:

I'm happy for ur achievement,pray for me to ve just one. I've bn trying many times. pls wch network u dey use?
Bro abeg I be newbie for this platform, dem dey pay first to comment. Just want to know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Of These Is Correct? / 11 State Varsities Shun ASUU, FG Threatens Unions / Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.