Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Burning Question 7(Joshua the son Of Moses Or the son Of Nun) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Burning Question 7(Joshua the son Of Moses Or the son Of Nun) (219 Views)

TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC / Burning Question 3(was Moses Truly Born In Egypt?) / Burning Question 2 ( What Were Their Names?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Burning Question 7(Joshua the son Of Moses Or the son Of Nun) by Thenewtruth: 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2018
Before Moses came to the land of Egypt, he had two wives. One of his wives' name was not recorded but we have records of the names of his father-in-laws. Let see Exodus 2:18

When they came to Reuel their father, he said, “How is it that you have come so soon today?”
I thought this was a typographical error till I came across this name again in the scripture. Exodus 10:29

Now Moses said to Hobab the son of Reuel the Midianite, Moses’ father-in-law, “We are setting out for the place of which the Lord said, ‘I will give it to you.’ Come with us, and we will treat you well; for the Lord has promised good things to Israel.”

And of course the popular father-in-law that I was thought in the church. Let see Exodus 18:6

Now he had said to Moses, “I, your father-in-law Jethro, am coming to you with your wife and her two sons with her.”

Moses had two wives. We knew of Zipporah. What about the first wife. So what do we know about the first wife? We knew her brother followed Moses to Egypt. What if her son also followed Moses to Egypt. Let see Exodus 33:11

So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.

Emphasis on young. Let see Numbers 13:8

from the tribe of Ephraim, Hoshea the son of Nun;
Are we truly sure there wasn't someone bearing this name? For centuries only the priests from the house of Levites have records to these documents. How sure are we they didn't attempt to doctor it the way they try to do with the father in law unsuccessfully.

Burning Question : How sure are we Hoshea the son of Nun was not different from Joshua the son of Nun?
Re: Burning Question 7(Joshua the son Of Moses Or the son Of Nun) by Heartbender: 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
Because "nun" of them are the same. If I employ Elvis son of Benson andd Teco son of Benson to do a movie shoot am I employing the same persons with doctored names? Sense ibagha

(1) (Reply)

Exhortation / Your Testimony Is Your Message / Exhortation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.