Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Secret Of Giving Birth Abroad- Things You Need To Know (PART I) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Secret Of Giving Birth Abroad- Things You Need To Know (PART I) (1261 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer Their Wives Give Birth Abroad? / The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA / Process To Child Birth Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Secret Of Giving Birth Abroad- Things You Need To Know (PART I) by ollyfessy(m): 5:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
Ninety nine percent of Nigerians desire to give birth to their babies abroad with the

USA being the choice destination. Whether it’s due to the poor health infrastructure

leading to high maternal mortality rates in the country or because of the wider

opportunities that an American citizenship will give their American born babies, no

matter the reason, it is fast becoming a status symbol leading to more families

exploring the option.

Want to have your baby abroad too? Here are key things you need to know to aid your

decision.

1. VISA REQUIREMENTS

With a tourist/visitors Visa, you are eligible to deliver your child abroad (Yes, you

read right. You don’t need a medical visa). Once you have employment/business and

family ties in Nigeria showing you intend to return and you also present bank

statements proving you can afford to cover all the expenses for your trip, there’s a

high possibility that you will be granted a visa.

Gone are the days when you needed to apply for your visa before your pregnancy or

wear a kaftan and lie about not being pregnant when you’re 30 weeks gone. Be honest

and upfront with the visa officer. Once they certify you have sufficient funds to

cover all medical expenses and will not be a ward of the Government, you’ll be granted

a visa. More honest people I know got their visas than dishonest people.

read more....

http://www.splashloaded.com/2018/04/07/giving-birth-abroad-things-you-need-to-know-part-i/

(1) (Reply)

Best Nigerian Bank To Open While In Diaspora? / How To Travel To Georgetown Guyana From Lagos. / Which Country Can One Survive Without Connection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.