Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw (1167 Views)

I Am A Nigerian. I Am A Muslim. And I Am ANGRY!!! / "I Am Ijaw Cultured Igbo Man" - Asari Dokubo / I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by mekuszyx: 3:21am On May 09, 2010
You always say you are not a Nigerian. Yet you have investments in Nigeria, travel abroad and return to the country. What then are you?

I am an Ijaw man. Ijaw people are not Nigerians. People become members of a nation either by birth or naturalization. No person can impose nationality on another. What has happened is that the Nigerian nationality is being imposed on Ijaw people and others. According to the treaties that our forefathers signed and which ended in 1893, there is no provision in those treaties for anything known as Nigeria.

But did your father say he was not a Nigerian too?

My father can choose to say what he likes. Somebody can accept slavery. Somebody can accept second-class citizenship. Somebody can accept to be nobody. That is the person’s business. But another can say, no I won’t take such. There is a move by Texas to leave the United States of America. Quebec has continuously called for a referendum to leave Canada. If there is a level political playing field, they will allow for a sovereign national conference and a referendum to decide whether the Ijaw and other people want to be included forcefully in the entity called Nigeria or not.

Full gist here: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/may/09/newsbreak-09-05-2010-001.htm
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by Ruq: 3:25am On May 09, 2010
This person must be nuts! HEAVILY!
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by Ruq: 3:36am On May 09, 2010
OMG it's even Dokubo the guy is absolutely nuts!
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by mekuszyx: 3:38am On May 09, 2010
Ruq:

OMG it's even Dokubo the guy his absolutely nuts!

You must be an Yoruba. By their grammar - in bold - they are known. lol
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by Osama10(m): 4:43am On May 09, 2010
mekuszyx:

You must be an Yoruba. By their grammar - in bold - they are known. lol

I think he tapped on "h",what he meant was "is".
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by mekuszyx: 5:10am On May 09, 2010
^^^^^^
Brother leave matter we know wetin dey grin grin grin grin

Moreover, the letter h is not in the neighbourhood of i in the PC/laptop keyboard, either qwerty or azerty.lol
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by Sagamite(m): 8:17am On May 09, 2010
mekuszyx:

You must be a[b]n[/b] Yoruba. By their grammar - in bold - they are known. lol

And this grammar is from where? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by Ruq: 12:13am On May 13, 2010
All Disgusting post FLUSHED!! that's sort of great!
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by otawa: 12:18am On May 13, 2010
And this grammar is from where

Sagamite,
why waste your valuable time replying.
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by chosen04(f): 6:26pm On May 13, 2010
otawa:

Sagamite,
why waste your valuable time replying.

^^^^And why save your precious time asking?
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by 006(m): 8:05pm On May 13, 2010
What happened to the original post?
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by ChinenyeN(m): 8:19pm On May 13, 2010
Seems like all of NL reset to a few days prior. That's too bad though, because this was a good discussion.

Ruq:

All Disgusting post FLUSHED!! that's sort of great!
Which posts were disgusting?
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by udezue(m): 1:25am On May 14, 2010
I suspect it was done on purpose coz man the ideas and the points we were making were so ON POINT.

Seun and the rest of em pea brains are capable of anything. Shut down the website while they delete comments and ideas they oppose without making it obvious. Sneaky mofoz angry
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by udezue(m): 1:30am On May 14, 2010
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by EzeUche(m): 1:56am On May 14, 2010
Deleted
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by ChinenyeN(m): 3:41am On May 14, 2010
udezue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp116veJ0qQ grin
Cute
Why was this done in non-Ngwa? Anyway, no problem. . . Would have been much more appealing, had it been done in pure, unadulterated Ngwa, though, but oh well. What's done is done.
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by Katsumoto: 7:03am On May 14, 2010
udezue:

I suspect it was done on purpose coz man the ideas and the points we were making were so ON POINT.

Seun and the rest of em pea brains are capable of anything. Shut down the website while they delete comments and ideas they oppose without making it obvious. Sneaky mofoz angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by asha80(m): 12:50am On May 15, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Why was this done in non-Ngwa? Anyway, no problem. . . Would have been much more appealing, had it been done in pure, unadulterated Ngwa, though, but oh well. What's done is done.

Sorry but it would not be easy to find that in this era.You also have to learn to ignore Ezeuche.
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by EzeUche(m): 1:14am On May 15, 2010
asha 80:

Sorry but it would not be easy to find that in this era.You also have to learn to ignore Ezeuche.

His post had nothing to do with me you dunce. Learn how to read. He was talking about the Youtube video you illiterate.
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by asha80(m): 2:42am On May 15, 2010
EzeUche:

His post had nothing to do with me you dunce. Learn how to read. He was talking about the Youtube video you illiterate.

Have you anymore more causes?
Re: I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Ijaw by ChinenyeN(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2010
asha 80:

Very true. My people's amaala meeting is a sad testament to that. As for Ezeuche, I used to ignore him, until his banter about Aba and Ngwa turned into something much more than banter, but that's a different discussion.

(1) (Reply)

Ibori In Defiant Mood As He Is Released On Bail! / Oba Deji Forged My Signature- Bolanle [olori Emeritus] / Pdp Wants Ohakim To Suspend Imo Lg Polls in Imo State,pdp Yet Won In All 27 LG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.