Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo (7581 Views)

Ignored By Ijaw Man, Bailed By An Hausa Man / "I Am Ijaw Cultured Igbo Man" - Asari Dokubo / An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by asha80(m): 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2010
Nigeria Ambassador, Dokubo-Asari disagree
National News Feb 25, 2010 By Emma Amaize
THE HAGUE – THE Nigerian Ambassador in Netherlands and leader of the Niger-Delta People’s Volunteer Force (NPDVF), Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari sharply disagreed, Thursday, during an international conference on the Niger-Delta over comments by Dokubo-Asari, who is currently in exile, that he is not a Nigerian.
Dokubo-Asari who was one of the speakers at the “Niger-Delta Peace Consolidation Conference”, organized by the Hope for Niger-Delta Campaign (HNDC), while addressing the international audience on the theme, “Dynamics of Achieving Sustainable Peace in the Niger-Delta” said, “I am not a Nigerian, I am an Ijaw man”.

But hardly had he finished when the Ambassador, Dr (Mrs.) Nimota Akanbi who was represented by Mr. Kabim Ibala said it was puzzling to him that Dokubo-Asari could appear before an international conference to say he was not a Nigerian.

Dokubo had said he surrendered 3212 rifles and several millions rounds of ammunitions when the Federal Government under former President Olusegun Obasanjo asked for peace thinking that the government was serious, only for him to be arrested and detained for 22 months thereafter.

He maintained that the government of Nigeria\ was not interested in genuine peace in the Niger-Delta but a graveyard peace that would enable it continue to take away the oil of the region and does not want to listen to the people who actually own the oil they were looting.

Mr. Ibala who was vexed by Dokubo-Asari’s declaration that he was not a Nigerian said, “I wonder on what passport he came to Netherlands . It’s puzzling to me”.

Dokubo-Asari replied the Ambassador that he had taken his case up to the Supreme Court of Nigeria that he was not a Nigerian and he had no apology about his position.

He maintained God created him an Ijaw man and that Nigeria is a contraption by Lord Lugard, and that the people were not consulted before it was created. Dokubo-Asari maintained until a Sovereign National Conference was held and the ethnic nationalities agree to be Nigerians, Nigeria remains a contrivance.

President of the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC), Dr. Chris Ekiyor who mediated in the altercation between Dokubo-Asari and Ibala agreed with the latter that Nigeria is a contraption and Ijaw people, like other ethnic groups was forced into it. But he pointed out that at the moment that Ijaw people were Nigerians.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/02/25/nigeria-ambassador-dokubo-asari-disagree/
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by leye1234(m): 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2010
Can someone please ask Dokubo what kind of PASSPORT he carries?
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2010
leye1234:

it's only in nigeria that comedy like this can happen.asari is an oil-----bunkerer who was left off the hook in order to bring peace to the region.i wont blame him.i blame the govt that refuse not to send him to jail.his nigeria passport should be withdrawn from him.i d i o t
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by udezue(m): 5:52pm On Feb 25, 2010
Is he lying?

Biko more grease to his elbow sef.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by OYBMEND: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2010
He is simply making the point that neither himself nor his forefathers were consulted when Nigeria was created. I don't think he does not have a point. I think he has a serious argument.

The foundations of our country, Government and constitution are weak. A manifestation of this fact is the last 90days. Those were his point.

You can either choose to apply reason and think of how to work through his arguments or continue to live in denial.

The phrase ONE Nigeria is one huge big propaganda built on nothing. The foundations are weak

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by RichDad1(m): 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2010
hmmm,drama HOME & AWAY
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by hatch: 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2010
What a confused goon ! undecided
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2010
leye1234:

Its beats my immagination how serious issues are tirvialised.

What Dokubo is saying is that its time we negotiate our oneness. Passport is not an issue here.
many Nigerians are not carrying it. Even among those caryying it, some are not Nigerians.
That passport has no blessingn, it rather causes troubles.

Take it or leave it, Nigeria has no future with the current structure.

Imagine the "moive" being made in Aso Rock where a sick man is used as a bait to cling unto power. So much shame for one Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2010
He is not the only one that feels like this as hundred of 'Nigerians' throw away their passport fort a foreign one, only using the Nigerian one to enter Nigeria.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by presido1: 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2010
Is he not stupid? If Nigeria is a contraption as he said why did his people fight to keep it together.
He should spare us the Lord Luggard story abeg. Sorry Dokubo or watever you are a Nigeria weda u like it of not.
You woke up early "clap for yourself" other Ijaw men and women are still sleeping try wake them up as well otherwise
they will wake in the next 40 yrs to repeat this stupidity you just exhibited.
Ijaw ko njo ni.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 6:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
presido1:

Is he not silly? If Nigeria is a contraption as he said why did his people fight to keep it together.
He should spare us the Lord Luggard story abeg. Sorry Dokubo or watever you are a Nigeria weda u like it of not.
You woke up early "clap for yourself" other Ijaw men and women are still sleeping try wake them up as well otherwise
they will wake in the next 40 yrs to repeat this stupidity you just exhibited.
Ijaw ko njo ni.

Sometimes family can hurt you much worse than outsiders, usually when you're doing better than them, after you fail, they then realise what was best for them. Its the same, in all scales of family. undecided
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by nex(m): 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2010
Asari Dokubo is just a stupid fat child. Was he or his forefathers consulted before the Ijaw tribe was formed?

Sometimes forgiveness is not good. Look at this common criminal opening his mouth to speak to a Nigerian diplomat. Who even asked him whether he was a Nigerian or not. This is the stupidity that will not allow other Nigerians leave oil money to us. These sorts of fools may start using the funds to print Ijaw passport and spend billions of dollars in hosting the Sovereign National Conference.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2010
In theory, you would think it was his forefathers that were the ones who actually created the Ijaw, and not some white men in Berlin, No?
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by brownbonno(m): 7:04pm On Feb 25, 2010
Dokubo is just one of the illitrate naija men that want to be recognised by all means.He need to go back to school,cool his brain down to understand some basic concepts.
The issue with the nation NIGERIA has nothing to do with ethnic differences,is all about a few greedy individuals like Dokubo who want to get a better life and keep the masses in slavery and poverty.
Even in the said Europe have different background,In Netherland you have the Zeelanders,Brabant,Frisland.UK have englandand Wales,Belgium have the Vlemish and the French so the list goes on.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by OYBMEND: 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2010
nex:

Asari Dokubo is just a silly fat child. Was he or his forefathers consulted before the Ijaw tribe was formed?

Sometimes forgiveness is not good. Look at this common criminal opening his mouth to speak to a Nigerian diplomat. Who even asked him whether he was a Nigerian or not. This is the stupidity that will not allow other Nigerians leave oil money to us. These sorts of fools may start using the funds to print Ijaw passport and spend billions of dollars in hosting the Sovereign National Conference.

Talk about slave mentality.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2010
'Nigerian' could equate to a slave name actually because it was a colonials wife (aka 'liberal' slave master) who coined the name for the new colony.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by presido1: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2010
ezeagu:

'Nigerian' could equate to a slave name actually because it was a colonials wife (aka 'liberal' slave master) who coined the name for the new colony.
Sorry but she is not Luggard's wife. Luggard has no wife while in Nigeria so she is an in-house pr0stitute that call u guys Nigeria. Chei grin grin
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by sjeezy8: 9:17pm On Feb 25, 2010
I dont blame him for saying BUT hes a fool cause the contraption of Nigeria is "as is" and nothing else. Until he breaks up Nigeria forcefull by fighting a war he should the the fff up.

Sometimes I think why do some people talk shiot when they arent ready to back up their words

@dokubo is  a fool for the simple fact he is in netherlands talkin shiot go back to Nigeria and say the same thing without fear oloshi . an ijawman will even kill you, if payed enough money.

I swear I can never be a clown like him staying abroad talking shiot and use tribe as a shield when people in my own tribe a part of the problem . Jonathan is a bloody thief and, he was all smiles when he was rigged in vp with yaradua in 2007, Tympre sylva maybe hes fulani also, even opposing Jonathan as presido what of Alamieyeseigha maybe hes hausa. so he needs to shut the hell up.

Smiling as VP when things were good to go

Im BIG BOY elites only- I have paddys from the North also.
[img]http://stopcorruption-nigeria.com/photo18112009032626/thumb/1258559697.bmp[/img]
best friends ibori & alams

Nigeria is a definately a unified country  because the ruling party(PDP) comprises of elite from of all regions and all tribes- so no need to lie to yourselves. talking like a child when hes not a freaking kid. He needs to grow up !!
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by mbulela: 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
Asari is a noise maker and a businessman.
all this militancy is to disguise the true ideology of money.
only fools can be deceived.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Ibime(m): 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2010
brownbonno:

Dokubo is just one of the illitrate naija men that want to be recognised by all means.He need to go back to school,cool his brain down to understand some basic concepts.

Imagine these sons of illiterates calling Asari an illiterate. . . . Asari is the son of a High Court judge here in PH and has attended University. . . dem no born you well.

Well said by Asari. . . . by the way, this is not news. . . Asari has been saying this for a long time.

Me sef, I no be Naija man. . . and I dont have Nigerian passport to prove it. . . I would happily accept Ijaw passport sha.  grin
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by mbulela: 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2010
Ibime:

Imagine these sons of illiterates calling Asari an illiterate. . . . Asari is the son of a High Court judge here in PH and has attended University. . . dem no born you well.

Well said by Asari. . . . by the way, this is not news. . . Asari has been saying this for a long time.

Me sef, I no be Naija man. . . and I dont have Nigerian passport to prove it. . . I would happily accept Ijaw passport sha.  grin

Ibime leave all this story.Asari is a businessman who is using the state of the ND for monetary gains just like all the other militant criminals.
his nationality is just a play for gullible audiences.
In no way is he an illiterate.it takes a lot of intelligence to perpetuate the fraud he and his ilk her executing in the ND.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by otawa: 11:30pm On Feb 25, 2010
He maintained God created him an Ijaw man and that Nigeria is a contraption by Lord Lugard, and that the people were not consulted before it was created. Dokubo-Asari maintained until a Sovereign National Conference was held and the ethnic nationalities agree to be Nigerians, Nigeria remains a contrivance.

Gbosa!!!

Mr Asari is right. Having a Nigerian passport does not make you a Nigerian.

Many people have Nigerian passport but they are not Nigerian in their heart and action.

How do you explain Mr Obasanjo spending $10billion for electricity and only bring us ZERO result.

In Japan, such leader will commit suicide on his own.

In Old Oyo empire, such leader will voluntary go into 'jungle' and live with the forest spirits.

You are a citizen of a country ONLY in your heart!
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by udezue(m): 1:50am On Feb 26, 2010
Presido
Okay we all know certain elements in the Ijaw community made grave mistakes that led to even their own demise but for how long are we going to bicker and fight over the same issue? If Ijaw are coming out saying what we the Igbo have been saying for now then its good development which we should encourage not blast them for their past offenses. You don't even need to tell them for them to know that their leaders sold them out for peanuts but what happened has happened and the more our neighbors are waking up the better for us so lets either siddon dey look dem or better encourage / show empathy towards them. The more the merrier jare. UK and US once fought each other but when it was time to defeat Germany they came together for the betterment of eachother. Even USSR joined them. The end justifies the means. You aint gotta be inlove with the Ijaw leaders but you have to be ready to reach an understanding. Lets bridge the gap as much as we can. Yes we know the history and its painful but the Hausa-muslim North is the enemy we should be worried about.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by ziga: 2:51am On Feb 26, 2010
Arrogance and pride only come just before a fall!!!

NONSENSE!!!
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by edoyad(m): 6:41am On Feb 26, 2010
^ who is the proud one and who is the arrogant one ?
Please tell us whose fall seems imminent as we speak ?
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by EzeUche(m): 6:45am On Feb 26, 2010
edoyad:

^ who is the proud one and who is the arrogant one ?
Please tell us whose fall seems imminent as we speak ?

Agreed! grin

The only proud people are the Northern Cabal.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Beaf: 7:51am On Feb 26, 2010
South South are preparing to leave the country. Make una deh call Dokuboh iliterate, I laugh in South South languages. grin
Let us see how the Hausa / Fulani cabal and their "Northern interest" will survive. I laugh at the cabal parasites; they will be left with a decaying army that cannot sustain battle for more than a month without oil money; it is so funny!
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by nduchucks: 8:07am On Feb 26, 2010
Beaf:

South South are preparing to leave the country. Make una deh call Dokuboh iliterate, I laugh in South South languages. grin
Let us see how the Hausa / Fulani cabal and their "Northern interest" will survive. I laugh at the cabal parasites; they will be left with a decaying army that cannot sustain battle for more than a month without oil money; it is so funny!

You people are preparing to leave the country, ko?  Are you all moving to the Atlantic ocean to form colonies on floating vessels?  You have apparently learnt nothing from the biafran experience.  You are ill equipped to orchestrate a secession, your leaders are thieves and criminals, there is no great leader of conviction like Ojukwu in your midst, and you have no regional support.  You people are dellusional and politically unsophisticated.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Beaf: 8:11am On Feb 26, 2010
ndu_chucks:

You people are preparing to leave the country, ko?  Are you all moving to the Atlantic ocean to form colonies on floating vessels?  You have apparently learnt nothing from the biafran experience.  You are ill equipped to orchestrate a secession, your leaders are thieves and criminals, there is no great leader of conviction like Ojukwu in your midst, and you have no regional support.  You people are dellusional and politically unsophisticated.

You don't know our leaders, stop confusing yourself.
There is nothing about Biafra here. The landscape is totally different, don't worry.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by nduchucks: 8:27am On Feb 26, 2010
Beaf:

You don't know our leaders, stop confusing yourself.
There is nothing about Biafra here. The landscape is totally different, don't worry.

Please educate me, who are your leaders if not the thieving governors and the oil bunkering millitants? The political stupidity of your leaders including Asari, is beyond belief.  The ND have the best chance in the history of Nigeria to have their needs met by Jonathan, but instead of supporting the man, your leaders were disowning him, skimming to prevent him from becoming acting President, and issuing senseless and ill timed statements.

These leaders of yours are obviously not in the loop, they were not properly briefed. This shows that you people are novices in the political arena. Your leaders do not want peace because it is not in their own interest (money from oil bunkering/kidnapping). You all should be rallying arround Jonathan instead of making these unnecessary pronouncements. It will take less than a few weeks to bring you people to order if you dare announce a seccession - unfortunately, the likes of you will escape because you are already hiding in South Africa or Europe.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Beaf: 8:33am On Feb 26, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Please educate me, who are your leaders if not the thieving governors and the oil bunkering millitants? The political stupidity of your leaders including Asari, is beyond belief.  The ND have the best chance in the history of Nigeria to have their needs met by Jonathan, but instead of supporting the man, your leaders were disowning him, skimming to prevent him from becoming acting President, and issuing senseless and ill timed statements.

These leaders of yours are obviously not in the loop, they were not properly briefed. This shows that you people are novices in the political arena. Your leaders do not want peace because it is not in their own interest (money from oil bunkering/kidnapping). You all should be rallying arround Jonathan instead of making these unnecessary pronouncements. It will take less than a few weeks to bring you people to order if you dare announce a seccession - unfortunately, the likes of you will escape because you are already hiding in South Africa or Europe.   

Like I said, don't worry. Time for too much talk is rapidly passing.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Veritas09: 8:34am On Feb 26, 2010
Nigeria is not yet a nation -- it must BECOME one first.

Sadly, the people have not yet begun that work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Police Commissioners We Have In Lagos? / James Ngilari Remanded For N167m Fraud / Real Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria - Verifiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.